Bitcoin Forum
July 26, 2024, 10:29:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't buy anything from BUTTERFLY LABS ===> Big SCAMMERS EVER!  (Read 2536 times)
DrJoeGrine

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:36:29 AM

The following is an email conversation where BFL Jody decided unilaterally what to do with a customers money:

BFL:
Ciao Alessandro,

I have received a bankwire from you for the amount of $1.367.00.

Can you please let me know towards what order should I apply this amount?

Distinti saluti,
Sabina
BF Labs, Inc. Customer Service

ME:
Order to be applied to is 100024835

thank you

BFL:
The 60GH is not available anymore and you are late to fill this order. However, since you have sent us the money, we can offer you the 25GH instead.

If you want to do this I can modify this order.

Please let me know.

ME:
I'm sorry to tell you my disappointment
I don't understand why you accepted me the 30GH one week before, I had delay in payment because of bank account problem.
I wrote you this in a mail.
Please check with your chief as I have aleady invested in your company since October 2012.
I would be satisfied instead, about changing the 60GH for a 50GH,
indeed no mail has been sent to inform me of the upcoming order cancellation and I must admit your help desk offers not so good service.

Regards

Alessandro

BFL:
Hi Alessandro,
Keep in mind that the 60GH is not available anymore.
So, the funds that you sent us are now applied towards the 25GH.

ME:
Sorry but I have to tell you that this not seems fair
Back in March 21, 2013 price for 30GH order was 649$.
I would buy another 30GH for that price.

Regards

BFL:
Dear Sir,

Our products from the previous generation were discontinued as of April 4.
You were informed that you cannot pay for an old order, but you sent a bankwire.
We have applied your payment to a current order and this is all we can do at this time.
Of course, you could have bought two 30 gh/s units in March, but now is not March.
We will not discuss this further.
We did not bid you to send your money for this product and we have applied it to the products available.

Jody
General Manager
BF Labs, Inc.

ME:
I understand the situation, still no mail alerted me of the incoming order cancelation.
Can you prove this? I agree with you that the payment was late, but no guidelines about this have been addressed to me.
I feel it would be a fair idea to send me a 30GH instead of 25GH, as there should be some left (in fact I ordered one few weeks ago)

Regards

Source: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3675-refund-policy-17.html

Inputs.io - 82,000 BTC transferred and counting
If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
Trupik

Activity: 136
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 06:13:23 AM

DrJoeGrine: are you crazy - sending more money towards these crooks? ... anyway, the difficulty doubles every 4 weeks now. If you get 25GH/s more than one month earlier than 60GH/s, it should be more profitable. Last time I checked, Little Singles were three and a half month ahead of Singles. Therefore LS yield more value and this infamous company for once does you a favor putting you in LS queue.
btcdrak
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 06:13:51 AM

This is what happens when they get to behave with impunity. That is exactly why people need to start court proceedings. A company that feared the FTC, civil justice system, federal laws, etc, would not behave in such a way: "We will not discuss this further".

Fact is now, any BFL products are not going to make any crazy numbers, just a few hundred dollars, and for most people, they will earn way less than their purchase price. Look at mining.thegenesisblock.com for proof.
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 07:38:59 AM

IMO consolidate BFL threads to mine.

It has the most views and I'm fantastic at attention-whoring (they call it 'marketing' in schools) so just keep adding to that and I'll promise to try and get it in Ars Technica / NPR / TheVerge / Forbes all publications I've been quoted in this year

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136392.0

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: