Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:37:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme?  (Read 1844 times)
winyau8888

Activity: 131
Merit: 12

I am a baby to cryptocurrency~

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:58:28 AM

It is hardly explain to someone that do not see Bitcoin as an asset. It is an digital asset and we need to get rid of the traditional mind to see the benefit of it and the concept behind it.
No need to argue with someone who do not understand and believe, it is not worth. Do not lose your friendship. The time will come and they will ask you more about that.
Think about the supply and demand of Diamonds. It is just an example.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mamaecrypto

Activity: 333
Merit: 215

www.mammycrypto.com Best Browser brave.com/mam025

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 01:59:15 AM

bitcoin to me behaves more like gold commodity than a ponzi scheme.  Because of its limited supply price can go as high as people are willing to pay for it. While gold can still be found in nature, bitcoin supply is truly really limited and as more people want to have it the tendency will be a increase with adoption. However some alts may do a better job and if interest falls down goes the value.

Powerman001

Activity: 510
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:05:03 AM

Of course very different between ponzi scheme with bitcoin. bitcoin is a commodity worthy of stock and other digital assets. bitcoin is designed to be a tool for future transactions even though there are still some countries that prohibit bitcoin for transaction tools. I think bitcoin is still just a tool for commodity investment.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:17:27 AM

Bitcoin is clearly not a Ponzi scheme. There is no need for the latter to pay for the previous one. In bitcoin, if people do not invest in it, just bitcoin will not grow in price. There is no deceit, fraud. Everything works openly and is accessible.
       At the same time, investing in bitcoin assumes certain risks, because, increasing only due to the demand for it, it is inflated in price as a financial bubble and once it can really burst. However, the Ponzi scheme and financial bubble are different concepts.
turagsoy123456

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:32:28 AM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?
Its a big NO!  bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme impact a lot of investor trust this bitcoin as thier assets of investment.those people think that the bitcoin is a ponzi scheme are those who doensn't really knowledge about the important and benifits that they can gain from bitcoin.  

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
beaver12

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:20:35 AM

Bitcoin is not a Ponzi scheme. In bitcoin, people are getting returns not because someone pays for it but it is due to the supply and demand. If they say bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme, then what about the stock exchange that is running legally.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:29:17 AM

Bitcoin is not a Ponzi scheme. In bitcoin, people are getting returns not because someone pays for it but it is due to the supply and demand. If they say bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme, then what about the stock exchange that is running legally.

Bitcoin $1 to $20,000 in 10 years and it it not ponzi ??   Angry
therulemaster

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:37:23 AM

Of course it's not a ponzi you fool! Just because the ponzi scheme project uses Bitcoin as a method payment doesn't mean Bitcoin involves to them.
bitcoinfrings

Activity: 110
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:46:17 AM

Bitcoin is not a pyramid scheme..
VeeraS

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:53:43 AM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?

many laymen think that bitcoin is a Ponzi  scheme. news and thoughts like this are nothing new. even from the first bitcoin was created, many people have the conclusions of the ponzi scheme. I will not be angry, when my friend asks or greets about bitcoin or other crypto. I think, the level of capability of their knowledge is low for bitcoin. so I always recommend to them, to read the history of bitcoin and to date.
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:55:28 AM

How many times are you all going to ask the same question? This has already been asked, and ANSWERED tons of times in here. If you are posting this, is just because you are a shit poster.

There isn't any bubble yet.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
coinsclone

Activity: 189

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:59:08 AM

Bitcoin is not a Ponzi-scheme. A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investing scam promising high rates of return with little risk to investors. The Ponzi scheme generates returns for older investors by acquiring new investors. But in Bitcoin there is no third party to handle the transaction. Only seller and buyer handled the transaction.
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:01:23 AM

This is a big truth that at one side we have big believe that bitcoin is a legimate and having more security than what we have in the banking system in the world , but another side many factors are against the system of the bitcoin and with the help of those factors people are saying it is a Ponzi scheme .
Once I tried to explain bitcoin to my friend , then he said me that first of all tell me that who is owner of the bitcoin and who is running where the is the foundation from where it is operating and also how can we believe that the network of bitcoin will remain perfect as is in the present time .
At that time nothing was in my mind to tell him , but I think people needed to work in this field before to say anything and then give any arguments against bitcoin :/

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:06:27 AM

I think your friends only heard bitconnect scam which they are also labeling bitcoin as a ponzi scheme. Your correct on educating them with the difference of the two because they would really argue if they don't have enough knowledge in crypto currency. In addition, ponzi schemes usually offers short-term returns which grabs the attention of the investors.

metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:12:19 AM

An easy way to definite a ponzi scheme is that nowadays ponzi mostly offered a fixed high percentage rate of returns in days / weeks, while in the other bitcoin didnt offer you anything. I dont mean to judge but mostly lending coins are based on ponzi scheme, as we can see recently as an example of bitconnect. Most of these coins prone to failed in a certain amount of time, because their price hike is manipulated depends on whether there are lots of member joined them and buying their coins, while bitcoin price on the other hand rely on the usage of the coins for doing financial transaction. While there are still people using bitcoin, then consider it an investment.
reck1ess

Activity: 350
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:17:53 AM

I agree with you. Also in addition to that, ponzi schemes are being controlled by its creator while bitcoin is controlled by no one for it is base on the supply and demand. Let them be if they don't want to believe you. Maybe try asking them about their experience in bitcoin for they may have worst experience that brings them to put bitcoin down.

mi56374100

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:03:50 AM

Bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme.

The price of bitcoin is determined by supply and demand. Sometimes the price of bitcoin goes up, sometimes it goes down.

I use bitcoin just to make it easy for me to trade.
xapwxrm5742

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:07:32 AM

The first thing Ponzi's hoax promises to return is that bitcoin is not promised to pay off, and Bitcoin does have some technology and effect, such as anonymous payments, bitcoin is accepted by a large number of people, but also a voluntary principle
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:08:59 AM

Bitcoin is a currency that no company or government that are controlling, there's no bank on it too. this coin is an independent currency that differs to FIAT, BITCOIN might have a price that like some bubbles but those bubbles are steal made and you don't need to worry about as it depends on peoples demand all around the world. PONZI scheme might be connected to bitcoin but bitcoin don't is now a Ponzi, people jump into some company who promised that they will earn double your money in just a short time without doing anything. bitcoin is just a currency that they are using. THAT'S IT!
CryptoMoonDevil

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:13:49 AM

Bitcoin's price is a derivative of its social value. BTC is NOT hinged to anything except this value alone. That's why the algorithm to solve for mining is a frivolously complicated puzzle. The creator (Satoshi Nakamoto) could've had the computers solve for ANYTHING, but realized if he tied it to something of value, it would forever be tied to that "something"
Hence the social value only.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1363163)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: