Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:20:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme?  (Read 1844 times)
Icaraswipeout

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:53:57 PM

People need to stop using "Ponzi Scheme" for anything and "bubble" anytime there is a correction on the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:54:36 PM

Bitcoin is not Ponzi
Bitcoin is not Bitconnect.
Bitcoin is a digital currency and also a digital store of value.
Bitcoin is both currency and an asset to hold for long-term for profits.

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
Dreamr

Activity: 263
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:08:33 AM

Bitcoin is not a Ponzi scheme, new tulip bubble, or anything in that category rather a new invention called digital cryptocurrency.  
coinycoiny

Activity: 273
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:25:07 AM

A ponzi scheme promises a high return on your stake that is paid for by new investors.

Bitconnect is an example of a ponzi scheme. Bitcoin is not. There is no promise that you will get more back in the future.

Bitcoin is a bubble, the actual product is massively over-valued and the reason most people buy it is because they believe they can sell it on later for a profit. There are a few idiots that buy it because they believe it will change the world but they are a small minority.

As such bitcoin won't suddenly go bang like a ponzi does when it stops paying out. It will decline steadily instead.
Eth-Jackcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:30:33 AM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?
Yeah! You're absolutely right. They are vastly different but share few similarities, which are;
-putting money and waiting to rise
-risk of waiting
-e.t.c

spinno

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:35:21 AM

Bitcoin is a bubble, the actual product is massively over-valued and the reason most people buy it is because they believe they can sell it on later for a profit. There are a few idiots that buy it because they believe it will change the world but they are a small minority.Bitcoin is not a Ponzi scheme, new tulip bubble, or anything in that category rather a new invention called digital cryptocurrency. 
Bitcoin is not a Ponzi scheme. There is a lot of ways to gain Bitcoin and they are through trading, holding, lending services, and Bitcoin lending. Ponzi scheme is a scam that uses the returns of the old investors to pay as revenue to the new investors. We also need to educate people regarding Bitcoin that there is a big difference between Ponzi scheme.
Snipes19811

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 12:37:35 AM

Bitcoin isn't a Ponzi scheme for loads of reasons
There are no paid dividends to any investors.
The purpose of using bitcoin isn’t to recruit new participants.  
There’s no centralized body that funnels money up to the top.
Unlike Ponzi schemes, Bitcoin will still have value and continue to function even if no new participants join the market

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Bounty]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:41:41 AM

please note this...the ponzi scheme coins are coins with lending system officially released from its dev like bitconnect,regal,hextra,etc...these coins only survived with their internal exchange,marketing strategy and recruit new members...you can see bitcoin doesnt have any criteria like that from their dev and even their dev are unknown til now
btcgolong

Activity: 451
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:45:56 AM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?

Oh boy, if bitcoin gets labeled a ponzi scheme (which is isn't) one could say many stocks are ponzi schemes...shit many could say life is a ponzi scheme, seems like it is getting harder and harder to build wealth (in America, UK, (add your country here))
xfaqs01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:52:33 AM

Bitcoin fees are high. Bitcoin is not used for transferring money. There are no projects about bitcoin. İts price only rises when there are more buyers, so It acts like a Ponzi scheme nowsadays.
i agree to that sir, the essence of being a currency is slowly fading away specially in micropayments its too expensive to transact to it, however many believed that bitcoin now is mre of an asset a store of value that appreciates over time, and to those that believed it was a ponzi the should do more research Smiley ..  well just hope the lightning network will be widely and perfectly implemented specially at this times..

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
marjon

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:00:17 AM

Big no! for me 😊 Ponzi scheme is an investment scheme that will always failed in the long run once there's no new investment coming in anymore. Ponzi scheme is relatively a form of networking or Multi-level marketing (MLM), and we all know it's not the essence of Bitcoin. Though somebody taking an advantage to use Bitcoin as fuel of their Ponzi scheme agenda.
RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:10:42 AM

Ponzi scheme has recruitment and a huge pay off that doesn't go up or down in value. It's flat out too good to be true. They will show you no risk as long as you recruit people. Bitcoin on the other-hand shows you plainly that its in the market with volatile values meaning it's organic.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
donte872

Activity: 129

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:20:09 AM

You should consider when saying that bitcoin is a Ponzi model. Bitcoin does not encourage anyone to borrow money from someone else and pay for it, people invest bitcoin because they see the potential for growth in the financial world. The market is gradually stabilizing and this is the time for you to invest in this market and especially the bitcoin. Take advantage of this opportunity.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:23:47 AM

Yes.

Bitcoin fees are high. Bitcoin is not used for transferring money. There are no projects about bitcoin. İts price only rises when there are more buyers, so It acts like a Ponzi scheme nowsadays.
i agree to that sir, the essence of being a currency is slowly fading away specially in micropayments its too expensive to transact to it, however many believed that bitcoin now is mre of an asset a store of value that appreciates over time, and to those that believed it was a ponzi the should do more research Smiley ..  well just hope the lightning network will be widely and perfectly implemented specially at this times..

For small transactions we can use AltCoins at this moment. Bitcoin is under constant development, today the network can be overloaded, but with an improvement the situation can be solved (at least temporarily, like it already happened), so the fees will decrease again.

Anyway, it's not a reason to consider Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme. No one will be scammed here. There isn't a central authority holding everyone's money and ready to run away on the first opportunity. The free market regulates itself, we regulate ourselves and we must be aware our only guarantee of success is to keep Bitcoin reputable, so the demand and the supply will be balanced and the currency will be usable. On the contrary shulio says, there are several projects about Bitcoin and people are still transfering Bitcoins (otherwise fees would be cheap).

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
eterhunter

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:28:06 AM

People think that Bitcoin is some kind of ponzi scheme when they got not profit from it,not all got profit in the same days someone losses and someones profit that is the true story her in Bitcoin,that is the reason why we keep on learning how to be professional in comes into trading system.
CutoutIsTaken

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:29:44 AM

If Bitcoin was really meant to be a Ponzi scheme Satoshi Nakamoto would have sold off long ago, unless it's the biggest Ponzi scheme of all time, then hats off to him I guess  Undecided
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 01:46:11 AM

Yur friend does not know anything about bitcoin. maybe he just read the news about the ponzi business that many people do business with other people paying bitcoin. or he received a hoax news about bitcoin from a source he believed.
but in fact bitcoin is not like that.
Bitcoin Created mining. with blockchain technology . no one made it manually by hand or simple click . after being made bitcoin how people double it . its their option and their strategy .
Samueltalk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:51:37 AM

I think the Ponzi Scheme is an illegal investment mode that benefits investors from their own money or money paid by the next investor. Profits are not obtained from individuals or organizations that run investment activities.
dineth88

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:53:19 AM

if it was ponzy, it wouldnt have survived for 9 years
AltcoinAuthority

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:56:42 AM

if it was ponzy, it wouldnt have survived for 9 years
Some poniz's did survive a while though Bitcoin actually has the technology to back the slander of it being a ponzi scheme.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: