Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:58:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme?  (Read 1844 times)
wallstone

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:20:28 PM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?

Bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme because the price of bitcoin is on the demand and on the supply. Yes new users contribute on the demand but the miners provide the supply that the user can use immediately. In a ponzi scheme, you gain in random times with random amount. But if you buy bitcoin, you can use it however you want in any bitcoin-accepting industry or person.
teddyppap

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:32:26 PM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?
I think your reasoning is also quite standard, because: PonziThis is a loan model from this person's money to pay interest to others. That is, the borrower will make promises with extremely attractive interest rates, accompanied by live figures that have been very successful in this Ponzi model. Its origins start with businesses lawful business. But then because the business was not conducive to it, it turned into a Ponzi model and used fraudulent behavior.To pay extremely high interest rates to borrowers requires an increasing cash flow, meaning that the number of new investors will increase as well.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Yakapo

Activity: 203
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:35:25 PM

Upto this far, Bitcoin cannot be a Ponzi, it's just that it's facing. Difficult time  in the market, but that doesn't make it a Ponzi at all
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:56:11 PM

Ofcourse not bitcoin is a virtual currency and not a ponzi scheme or ponzi pyramid that you need to have people before you can earn money, having a bitcoin is your choice if you want to have this and specially not all bitcoin you need to buy sometimes you just need to work for it.
Syakbrown

Activity: 354
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:11:45 AM

I think you are right. we all know that the ponzi system with bitcoin is very different, if bitcoin with the stock price system is up and down and investors can check it. then different again with ponzi that is by giving profits in the beginning but in the end when people inves with funds higher than the beginning, they will run away with funds without a trace. and this is pure fraud and very different from bitcoin.
Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:17:02 AM

It is right to rise and defend the name of this investment or some people will totally to believe that Bitcoin is a scam like HYIP and Ponzi scheme. We should help one another to depend Bitcoin that it is not a scam but the people who use its platform to steal the hard earned money of the people is the scam.
poletando

Activity: 364

PlayGame.com

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:00:56 AM

no bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme, but many people said that bitcoin is ponzi scheme because they look the bitcoin holder is getting money in a fast way ( like the ponzi scheme at the beginning only). as you know that bitcoin is a normal currencies but doesn't have the digital form, its mean that bitcoin just have a digital form only

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
Whitepaper Powering real economy in the gaming world Onepager
Telegram ENG / IND Group Channel ⟩──MediumTwitterYouTube
ClarenceDo

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:11:29 AM

Bitcoin doesn't act as a ponzi scheme.
ajuelnah akun

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:26:43 AM

Bitcoin is not a ponzi, bitcoin is something of value. Just like the people who bid on the items being auctioned, people fight each other for bitcoin.
Maybe this sounds useless, but in the future bitcoin will be used for means of payment and is no longer up for grabs. Because it is true at the beginning of bitcoin creation, bitcoin is used as a means of payment rather than as an investment tool.
HerbertMarcel

Activity: 221
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:16:44 AM

It is not like that. it is tike the other scheme like share market or other big schemes.

richchard3

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:30:42 PM

The Ponzi scheme has obvious features of demolishing the East Wall and compensating for the funds of the Western Wall. Bitcoin is a game between different investors.
Plixs

Activity: 297
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:53:17 PM

Yep you are right. People who are not familiar with the industry will have wrong judgement. You can tell your friends about the history of bitcoin, and tell them about the development of other altcoin.
popba

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:16:46 PM

many people are talking negatively about bitcoin many bitcoin holders know that bitcoin is not a scheme or Ponzi scheme
coinstalker23

Activity: 310
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:51:50 PM

Ponzi Scheme is more like a Pyramid that the upper-ups will gain more profit when they got more people below their current status or legs. Bitcoin is more like a currency that can be used to buy products and services through blockchain. If bitcoin is ponzi scam why did it endure long and massive wave of fuds and still gather more people to invest on it.
jianhuang

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:14:16 AM

Do not waste your time trying to think about it, bitcoin is not ponzi scheme and if someone can not perceive it, then this person simply does not like bitcoin and is using argument of that is ponzi scheme
ngacengan

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:00:41 AM

no, what makes bitcoin a ponzi scheme is from a certain group that develops ponzi and hyip investments from there bitcoin name becomes ugly because many people suffer losses due to a scam.
yuliimar

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:03:28 AM

It's not a ponzi scheme , As per my understanding bitcoins recognized by supply and demand. In volatile market prices goes up and comes down.This could happen in any other investments like share’s, property, gold etc..etc.

You are right, it is a digital currency whose price moves based on supply and demand. There are other crypto projects that look like ponzi to me. One example is steemit.
nguyentuanduongg1995

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:50:29 AM

Regardless of the technology used to operate the Ponzi model, the scams using this model have similar characteristics:
 Commitment to high returns with low risk
Profits are stable regardless of market conditions
Forms of investment are not registered with the competent authorities
Forms or investment strategies of organizations are called confidential or are described as very troublesome
Clients are not allowed to view official papers for their investments
Customers are hard to withdraw money from the organization
Coleth

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:33:46 AM

Bitcoin is a digital money it is like our regular currency but this is in the form of digital money. It is not ponzi scheme because it is dependent on supply and demand in the market. People may call it ponzi when holder invest it in ponzi schemes but not the money itself or bitcoin its the program where you invest it.
alvinmtp

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:49:29 AM

At the core of the Ponzi scheme is the central element, as an example, actually Ponzi or Sergei Mavrodi.  He attracts new members, money, organizes payments.  When the claims of payments are greater than the funds invested, the scheme falls apart.  This happens inevitably, sooner or later, since infinite expansion is impossible.  In the pyramids, each victim should become the leader of a cell and buy something from those who came earlier and sell those who came later.  If a really existing product is bought and sold, then it is legal, if just a license to sell licenses to the next victims, then it is illegal and also, sooner or later, collapses.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: