Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:24:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme?  (Read 1844 times)
jshealth

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:45:20 AM

I too believed Bitcoin to be a ponzi scheme a few years ago  Grin. However, after getting more informed on it, i do not hold this view. The main reason for such belief is that the negative news related to any incident gains more attention than the positive news.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vitsexy

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:55:06 AM

I think that's wrong thinking, because as a member in this forum as long as I join there is no fonzy system, according to my experience join in MLM every member recruits we issue deposit money then make pyramid system ,, but in world crypto we do not issue deposit, enough work here and generate bitcoin Smiley
EdwardClinton

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:42:52 AM

Only the haters can consider it as a ponzi scheme because ups and down is a normal fact in every case of business.
cammie16

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:48:55 AM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?

Ponzi scheme tend to not sustainable in long time, unlike bitcoin. Bitcoin almost 10 years existing in the world.
maybe your friend need to know the advantage of bitcoin from other currency. and you are right, bitcoin is not like the ponzi scheme that will
vanish when they raise much funds and doesnt have a new comer anymore..

I think it's a matter of wrong information that other people heard about bitcoin that is why other people telling bitcoin as ponzi scheme, and maybe those others who bought at high price will think of this too.

│      Whitepaper      │              BITHOST                          The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook     │     Github     │     Discord     │
Christopher Rodriguess

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:50:09 PM

I find it quite ridiculous to consider Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme. Investing in Bitcoin is similar to investing in stock market. The money you earn is the difference between the selling price and the buying price. Not anything of Bitcoin reminds me of Ponzi scheme.
meliastor

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:05:24 PM

Ponzi scheme means referral system and receiving fixed income per time. Bitcoin has none of this attributes but the truth is currency not making a new supply again and thats make the price are boom.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:07:18 PM

There is no way to say that bitcoin is a ponzi scheme because it just don't meet the requirements to be a ponzi scheme.. tell your friends that they are a huge group of dumbasses that do not even know how it works.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
ClassicDash

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:10:48 PM

Bitcoin is an accepted means of payment because a bunch of people on the internet agree to it. It’s also has the perks of peer to peer seemless payments away from bank control. A Ponzi scheme is related to pyramid schemes and matrices and referral based platforms. P.s bitcoin is a digital asset worth more than gold a solid asset!
oluwatosin1

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:15:35 PM

I can perceive any reason why a few people think it is a Ponzi conspire. Since it doesn't pay intrigue like offers. It can just ascent if individuals pay cash in. What's more, it's not possible for anyone to take more cash out than they put in unless it's other individuals' cash. So everyone's benefit in another person's misfortune. Or on the other hand else it wouldn't work. Not every person can benefit. Albeit a few people figure everyone can benefit. Well they can't.
Matthew Oliveiraa

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:38:15 PM

Your friend must have no idea about Bitcoin and the Ponzi scheme. They are totally different like chalk and cheese. The price of Bitcoin is decided by demand and supply, absolutely transparent, while a Ponzi scheme is a scam, to rob Peter to pay Paul!
Sarah Reiss

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:39:00 PM

If you've educated your friend on Bitcoin and Ponzi Scheme but they still stubborn, then it's no use continuing arguing with he or she. I can't understand why people could suppose Bitcoin and the Ponzi scheme on the same page. While the Ponzi scheme can collapse anytime and is a fraudulent system, Bitcoin is totally clear.
Jacob Amarall

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:23:02 PM

A Ponzi scheme is a carefully orchestrated financial scam that's completely illegal. The scammers generate big money by deceiving investors. In contrast, there is no one pulling the strings behind Bitcoin but investors who buy and sell it for gain. I think your friend doesn't understand the situation but just follows the rumors. Actually, Bitcoin itself isn't bad, but con artists use it to hoodwink others, causing bad reputation for Bitcoin.
Grechkatx

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:14:15 PM

Yes, indeed, the scheme of attracting investments in bitcoin is a bit like Ponzi , but still I think that this is a completely different system, although very similar.
vinbitpon

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:45:50 PM

Do not argue with your friends regarding money. That's the friendliest advice I can ever give you. Well, if they don't believe you or Bitcoin, just ignore them. That's what do with my friends. I ignore those who have negativities with what I do and give links to those who are curious. Bitcoin is so volatile that I'm afraid to be blamed if a friend I had encouraged failed his trading. That's what I really avoid. I treasure Bitcoin as well as friendship. Do not involve money with it.
beckham88

Activity: 94

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:07:18 AM

Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme, and it will collapse like one.it will stay afloat only as long as enough people buy the fiction that bitcoin represents real value.
Aliya Taj

Activity: 226

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:39:08 AM

Of course Bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme, it has shown that over and over gain in the crypto market  that it can be trusted, Bitcoin has been here during struggles just as well as during the good days, this is a coin that has peaked upto $ 20k, an all time high for any digital asset, yet the developers dint n vanish,BTC is already a success, and were it  a ponzi investors could have already lost quite a huge some of money, BTC is  legitimate and has always been legitimate.
ngano ba

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:54:09 AM

No ,it will never be a ponzi scheme , because in the ponzi scheme you can not join without money capital investment, in bitcoin you can join without any capital money, in bitcoin if you want to invest money in bitcoin you are the one to manage your investment as it will gain profits, if you join bounty campaign in bitcoin you will then have profits, while in ponzi scheme, the money of new members will be the one used to give the old members its gain.
Rebdoomer

Activity: 100
Merit: 2

Buy Bitcoin

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:56:49 AM

It's ironically a ponzi but not directly.
When I think ponzi I think of Biiitttccccoooonnneeeccccct!
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:57:56 AM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?
We don't need to argue to those people who doesn't believe in bitcoin,they are just the person who doesn't have enough knowledge on cryptocurrencies.Bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme but those people who are behind this fraudulent acts and illegal activities,they are the one who ruins bitcoins reputation to masses.

hennyjonh87

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:31:18 AM

The same people probably have those pulse dial telephones at home and cant figure out why nobody calls them anymore. There are plenty of open minded people in the world
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: