Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:25:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme?  (Read 1844 times)
lelangsabun

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:41:59 AM

It's true, because there is no relationship with ponzi and this will not have a very clear equation.

Yeah agree bitcoin and ponzi there is not chain in each other. Bitcoin price is rule with economic supply and demand. But ponzi is just cycling money without getting any profit of it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yohan09

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:51:10 AM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?
Its not a ponzi scheme, Bitcoin represents a completely level and fair playing field because the economics of adoption and growth cannot be controlled by anyone, Math is eternal, It is certainly a lot more durable and trustworthy than governments, Bitcoin is the future of money, Yet governments needn't fear it Gradually, governments are recognizing that widespread use of cryptocurrency presents a far bigger opportunity than a threat,
liutiaoming1

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:58:49 AM

Maybe you will call me weak hands, But I'm trying to make my business the way that I will be still alive if everything here would be destroyed, even if Bitcoin will fail, I'm not relying all my life on it.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
PhucS

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:57:02 PM

That really is a very wrong thought, I think they do not have the knowledge of Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency market. Or maybe they have seen or been cheated by the cryptocurrency-related ponzi investment models such as Bitconnect. Bitcoin is a digital currency that has laid the foundation for today's cryptocurrency world and has brought a lot of value and benefits. Bitcoin is really not a ponzi model, it is a crypto with high volatility that you can invest in it and make a lot of profit.
Pruegelprinz

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:08:55 PM

Bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme. But it doesnt serve as a mainstream adoptable currency either. It can serve as a currency for the very few holders. The mining mechanism although favours the early birds overproportionally, so that the later ones have to use more and more effort to get the same results. That makes it at least similar to a ponzi scheme, where the last ones dont get anything. For the majority bitcoin is reduced to a pure investment. The inequal distribution makes it very profitable for a few and very unprofitable for many. As mentioned before not everyone can win. Thats why it has an inherent bubble character. A lack of more buyers leads to declining prices, what we see right now.
Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 06:21:43 PM

Bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme. A ponzi scheme simply takes money from new entrants to pay the old members and so on. But Bitcoin does not operate that way. The rise in the price of Bitcoin and the profits made within a period of time is a function of demand and supply. It goes both ways, both the old members and new entrants can create the demand at a specific time which could raise the price significantly. 

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
Theizestooke

Activity: 714
Merit: 10

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:24:59 PM

No bitcoin is not a Ponzi scheme.Bitcoin is first decentralized cryptocurrency. There are many ways which is available to earn bitcoin. Like you can earn bitcoin with the help of mining. As well you can do trading of bitcoin to make more money. Bitcoin is the best thing to make your invested money double after a certain time later.

MrRiuss

Activity: 317
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:30:15 PM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?
absolutely not a ponzi scheme. Bitcoin price is determined by supply and demand, not depends on who is at the top and bottom
staceyrita

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 06:37:26 PM

I often and almost meet people like this, be it friends or other people we do not know.
they say it like that because they do not know at all and do not know a bit of this bitcoin core.
My answer to such a person is "because you do not know and have absolutely no knowledge of bitcoin, just a bad thing you know about bitcoin"
this is as I say just like the post before you
Nazir0012

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:37:47 PM

I am able to see why some human beings think it is far a Ponzi scheme. because it does not pay hobby like stocks. it can handiest rise if human beings pay money in. And no person can take more money out than they put in until it is other humans is money.
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:51:57 PM

I have had the same discussion with few friends and work colleges. To me only difference between bitcoin and paper money is paper money is accepted by government. Bitcoin is not ponzi, people don't trust it because they can not feel it with fingers and easiest is to say it is ponzi. Ignore them let them think what they think.

fritzwalter195

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:56:37 PM

A Ponzi scheme is a special kind of fraud. It is based on a fake investment that one schemer (or group of schemers) gets other people to give money to.In Ponzi schemes, the schemer basically says, "I found a great way to make money fast. The more you give me, the more I can invest in that cause, and the more I can earn for us all". But a Ponzi scheme doesn't actually "earn money". Instead, all of the scheme's money comes from the investors.
Once a Ponzi scheme gets too many investors, the system will always crash. This is because the investors all expect more money than they invested, and they will get impatient.

So as we can see, I fail to understand where bitcoin fits in that process as the currency started at 8 cents for each unit.
Mandarava

Activity: 742
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:29:21 PM

I have had the same discussion with few friends and work colleges. To me only difference between bitcoin and paper money is paper money is accepted by government. Bitcoin is not ponzi, people don't trust it because they can not feel it with fingers and easiest is to say it is ponzi. Ignore them let them think what they think.

There are fewer and fewer such people every day. Many people eventually realize that this is a new reality. And that bitcoin has nothing to do with what is called a ponzi scheme.
idirben

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:31:42 PM

tell your friend to do some research about ponzi shemes , it's not one
btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:43:34 PM

If you know some ponzi coins, you will see they take money from newbies to pay previous people. But to bitcoin, it's just about total money people invest in. If they invest much money, btc goes up, otherwise it goes down. It's not ponzi at all Smiley
Delinquency

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:54:30 PM

I dont think you know what ponzi is. In a ponzi or pyramid scheme there's no valuable thing. System just needs newcomers to grow up and live. Ponzi schemes live 6-12 months and promise huge profits without risk. Bitcoin is almost ten years old and most of bitcoin investors know about risks they take.  Also, when you involve a ponzi you can't get out easily. But any bitcoin holder can change his/her money to fiat anytime. So bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme. If you believe that I strongly recommend take your money and exit it.
Verde_Mantis

Activity: 336
Merit: 52

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:36:10 AM

I still can't believe that in 2018 there are people that call bitcoin a Ponzi scheme. I wonder if they know what a bitcoin is, how it works etc etc. And also if they actually know what a Ponzi scheme is, probably they just read this expression somewhere...
iotarocket

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:40:58 AM

People can invent all types of analogies, but this one is not fitting. The amount of bitcoins is mathematically fixed and unlike Ponzi schemes the blockchain is transparent, allowing the public to see transactions in real time. Also every time people have declared bitcoin dead they have been wrong.
solarisexodus

Activity: 87
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:33:38 AM

We never want to experience a Ponzi scheme, right (especially in our bitcoin); thus, the need for an extra research and learning about what  is bitcoin all about is very relevant. However, in my own view, bitcoin is not a Ponzi (I have my three views); first, it takes highly amount of investment with high risk - consideration would only matter on the value of bitcoin`s price; second, though decentralized many people know the activity of bitcoin; and third, the law of demand and supply - which definitely the running fuel of prices. So obviously, there`s a reason behind bitcoin`s prodigy.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:50:48 AM

If bitocin is a ponzi scheme, it will no longer reach this far as people will surely ditch it stop investing on it. We should put in mind that Satoshi Nakamoto wanted bitcoin to be the alternate currency of fiat with a whole new advantages on it but it is widely become more of a legit investment scheme where governments from different countries in the world are utilizing it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: