Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:34:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [MUST READ] Butterfly Labs FTC complaint  (Read 9725 times)
NetTime

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:02:46 PM

BFL's ASIC sales have been a colossal disaster.  Tighten the screws on those insufferable bastards.
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:03:01 PM

Oh for FUCKS sake. Just let it go already. Product is shipping. The Jaly's have already moved into 2013 (finally!) and the others aren't terribly far behind, (exception: Minirigs)

You jackass's that are still dead set on taking down BFL are just going to piss off the rest of us who are finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

No, I'm not a shill. I've got hardware on order, and I'm just as annoyed as the rest of you at the delays.

DON'T FUCK IT UP FOR THE REST OF US!

They are shipping singles from JULY 4, 2013 right now. That's only about 2 WEEKS into their backlog. How is that not "terribly far behind".

2 weeks out of roughly 60 weeks of pre-orders seems terribly far behind to me.

They seem to be shipping a days worth of singles every two days. That means they will be shipping a single ordered today in a little over 2 years from now at the rate they are currently going. And this is their new, improved, faster rate.

Unless you ordered last July, it makes sense to get a refund NOW, before they run out of money and can no longer process refunds.

FTC is one way to go, but I think a better solution is to contact a lawyer located near them and organize a class action lawsuit. Post the details of the lawsuit here and let people join in.
No, we won't all get refunds back that way, but will should all get at least something. And since there are potentially criminal charges in addition to civil ones we would be able to go after the assets of not just BFL itself but also their employees who have defrauded us.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 07:04:18 PM

Oh for FUCKS sake. Just let it go already. Product is shipping. The Jaly's have already moved into 2013 (finally!) and the others aren't terribly far behind, (exception: Minirigs)

You jackass's that are still dead set on taking down BFL are just going to piss off the rest of us who are finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

No, I'm not a shill. I've got hardware on order, and I'm just as annoyed as the rest of you at the delays.

As the last guy trying to get out of Pirate's Ponzi Scheme once said. In essence, "Let's shut this Pirate fucker down as soon as I get MY money out."
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 07:11:18 PM

Since they are now processing refunds, all you need to do is ask again.  Or you can be a monumental asshole and continue the FTC pursuit.

They are processing refunds? Says who?

<snip>

Grin Grin Grin
Rival

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:12:09 PM

Sometimes I wonder if people read their own posts. It seems most of the people posting here make BFL look like saints in comparison.

More anger and more FUD helps clear the queue so that later orders arrive sooner. Keep bawling and stomping your feet. Someone somewhere will appreciate the tantrums.
warhawk187

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:16:03 PM

I just received my Little Single (Oct 2012 order) today. What has occurred is they used us as investors when they should have been treating us like customers. They essentially took in preorders based on peoples trust in them on their FPGA equipment, and essentially used that money to make these products. That would explain why it took so long for them to actually start shipping products...

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 07:50:51 PM

I just received my Little Single (Oct 2012 order) today. What has occurred is they used us as investors when they should have been treating us like customers. They essentially took in preorders based on peoples trust in them on their FPGA equipment, and essentially used that money to make these products. That would explain why it took so long for them to actually start shipping products...

If only the above would have been brought to light last year. Oh, wait...

Fast forward to this year--YESTERDAY--I had a fellow Bitcoiner bring up why I'm bringing up ancient history. Answer: I can't see into the future, thus due diligence must currently be relied upon past events, regards of its age, i.e. Mr Ponzi.
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:54:50 PM

Since they are now processing refunds, all you need to do is ask again.  Or you can be a monumental asshole and continue the FTC pursuit.

They are processing refunds? Says who?

<snip>

Grin Grin Grin
How soon they forget... PG.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279173.msg2982884#msg2982884

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:30:48 PM

Really genius the only exception is Minirigs??  Minirigs are farther along than Singles, do the math.

Allow me to do it for you:

Jalapenos:January 10, 2013
Little Singles: Oct. 11, 2012 pay date

Singles: July 4, 2012 pay date

MiniRigs: MiniRigs for June 23 (2nd 500gh/s unit) and July 22 for 1st 500 gh/s

If you bought a Minirig between June 23rd and July 22 you have something in hand

The score is:
Jalapenos
Little Singles
Minirigs
THEN Singles

They have only shipped 11 days of Singles.

And here is What Thursday Night is going to look like:

Jalapenos:January 20, 2013
Little Singles: Oct. 12, 2012 pay date

Come back here and see if I am not right.

They are running out of parts to build this crap DAILY

They have 5000 units to get out the door in the next 5 weeks NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:46:53 PM

Really genius the only exception is Minirigs??  Minirigs are farther along than Singles, do the math.

Allow me to do it for you:

Jalapenos:January 10, 2013
Little Singles: Oct. 11, 2012 pay date

If you bought a Minirig between June 23rd and July 22 you have something in hand

The score is:
Jalapenos
Little Singles
Minirigs
THEN Singles

They have only shipped 11 days of Singles.

And here is What Thursday Night is going to look like:

Jalapenos:January 20, 2013
Little Singles: Oct. 12, 2012 pay date

Come back here and see if I am not right.

They are running out of parts to build this crap DAILY

They have 5000 units to get out the door in the next 5 weeks NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!
The simple fact that they sold far more Singles than anything else has absolutely nothing to do with it I suppose?  I've seen so many "Man... if I hadn't upgraded my Jala to Singles I'd be hashing now!" posts I can't count them.

Oh, and mini's are ahead of Singles when for the most part only 1/3 have shipped?

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
GigaWave

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:51:05 PM

They are shipping singles from JULY 4, 2013 right now. That's only about 2 WEEKS into their backlog. How is that not "terribly far behind".

They seem to be shipping a days worth of singles every two days. That means they will be shipping a single ordered today in a little over 2 years from now at the rate they are currently going. And this is their new, improved, faster rate.

Unless you ordered last July, it makes sense to get a refund NOW, before they run out of money and can no longer process refunds.

FTC is one way to go, but I think a better solution is to contact a lawyer located near them and organize a class action lawsuit. Post the details of the lawsuit here and let people join in.
No, we won't all get refunds back that way, but will should all get at least something. And since there are potentially criminal charges in addition to civil ones we would be able to go after the assets of not just BFL itself but also their employees who have defrauded us.

Get the date right knuckle head. They are shipping Singles from 2012, NOT 2013. Their is far to many pre-odered devices already, don't need any more fools placing orders.
joshv06

Activity: 991

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:00:24 PM

Lol shipping July 4 2013??? What are you smoking? They're back locked to 2012. I have 2 July 15 2012 SC Single orders. I've been waiting over a year now! This is getting ridiculous!

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
mgio

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:07:24 PM

The mentality of the BFL apologists here reminds of the battered women who stick with their husbands.

"Oh no, I can't file for divorce because he would get angry and beat me even more! Best to stay with my man and pray the abuse stops."
mgio

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:11:05 PM

if you invest in an "upcoming" (had not as of yet been released) technology you should only invest what you're comfortable losing. Research and diversification could have helped you avoid this situation as it was well known that they missed deadlines on their fpga's as well.  As far as ROI you speculated on things that cannot be guaranteed there are just too many variables to accurately calculate anything.  No believe me I'm just as ticked about them not shipping on time and I do believe that their business practices should be avoided but as with any other business, if you don't like them buy somewhere else.  I'm sorry you wrapped up so much money with them but it was stated that the devices had not been test nor proven when I ordered mine and its been as long or longer than most of the people complaining.

Just make sure in the future to do your due diligence and make sure that you don't put yourself into this situation again in the future.  You're complaints and demands just take up time that they could be using to address the real issues, such as legitimate support requests, which get lost in the flood of emails.

We were not "investors" and have NONE of the protection usually given to a legal investor in a company. If BFL goes bankrupt we do NOT get a share of what is left over after all their equipment and IP is auctioned off.

BFL offered "pre-orders" which means a product was being produced and shipping was imminent. For example. those who ordered last SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER were told shipping would be at the end of October! In mid October that was changed to early November. Shipping was always just 4-6 weeks away. How was a customer supposed to know at the time that these were all blatant lies?

And this is why BFL make millions. Do you think you will even break even by the time you get your miner? LOL Enjoy. for the rest of us, it's called a refund.
mgio

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:13:33 PM

Get the date right knuckle head. They are shipping Singles from 2012, NOT 2013. Their is far to many pre-odered devices already, don't need any more fools placing orders.

I meant 2012. If you had actually bothered to read the rest of my post you would have realized that was a typo.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:22:19 PM

The mentality of the BFL apologists here reminds of the battered women who stick with their husbands.

"Oh no, I can't file for divorce because he would get angry and beat me even more! Best to stay with my man and pray the abuse stops."

Excellent analogy, except that now you can't file for divorce, and the beatings continue daily.

Or your husband is asking you to pay him 10% of your value so he can find new ways to beat and abuse you.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:35:18 PM

Excellent analogy, except that now you can't file for divorce, and the beatings continue daily.

Or your husband is asking you to pay him 10% of your value so he can find new ways to beat and abuse you.

Battered_Wife: "...But the law says I can have a divorce..."

BFL_Josh:
-"There you go with your lying again. Stop lying! There will be no divorce!"
-"Oh... And send me more money, or you'll never ever see your money again!"
-"Oh... And just try contacting the authorithies. See how much they care. Nobody cares."
-"If I were abusing you, don't you think I would be in jail by now?"

etc. etc. etc...
DrJoeGrine

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:36:21 PM

Thank you for contacting Butterfly Labs. According to the terms you agreed to on checkout, all sales are final. Now that shipping of orders has begun, refunds will not be processed. Your order will be shipped per your position in the order queue.

For more information on our refund policy please visit our FAQ: www.butterflylabs.com/faq

We are no longer able to make exceptions.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
Abbey
BF Labs, Inc.

For Jody's Customer Service Blog, and more, please visit our new BFL Forums at <https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/>

Got this gem today after two weeks. I feel sorry for the battered wives that keep making excuses for their abusive husbands. They honestly believe that he beats them because he loves them.

Inputs.io - 82,000 BTC transferred and counting
If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 06:23:07 AM

So so true. It's amazing and really sad. They just dont want to face the truth... it will hit eventually. When they get their equipment when the diff is 500m reality might strike and it'll happen sooner than later specially with Avalons 800k chips now shipping, we ain't seen nothing yet with difficulty levels and all the rest of it. BFL equipment will soon be like mining BTC using your CPU, lol: 0.0000001 per day
Trupik

Activity: 136
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 08:55:58 AM

The simple fact that they sold far more Singles than anything else has absolutely nothing to do with it I suppose?  I've seen so many "Man... if I hadn't upgraded my Jala to Singles I'd be hashing now!" posts I can't count them.

Oh, and mini's are ahead of Singles when for the most part only 1/3 have shipped?
If they sold far more Singles, they should f-ing focus on making them and delivering them. As far as I see it, they shit on the Singles and make other products, thus rendering Singles not profitable when they finally arrive. It is unfair to the customers.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: