Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:52:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow. What a weak bear move  (Read 505 times)
Enjel (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:49:51 PM

That bear move we just saw was so weak.

I was predicting (a few days ago) that we would see some last death struggles by the bears, which might bring us to retest the critical $9k support levels, or even $10k, before going to the MOON ($20k run).

So what's happening? We've been staying above $11k for the past few days. Are the bears really this weak?

Using crypto to pay for college.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Scorpion

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:54:53 PM

I was predicting (a few days ago) that we would see some last death struggles by the bears, which might bring us to retest the critical $9k support levels, or even $10k, before going to the MOON ($20k run).

Yes, it is incredible, but we need to get ride of that. And no, it is not a bear move after all, this was just a little dip. Do you think that a real crash is just a little decrease of 20%? Of course not.
rafanadal

Activity: 368
Merit: 31

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:00:38 PM

Dude we lost 1.5k in 12 hours
this could easily go below 10k
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:06:40 PM

It might not be a bear move but another correction. You shouldn't expect another fast rush to the 20k anymore. At least untill some major event will happan and tbh I do not expect anything (especially positive ones). The fees are still high and no one can tell the exact date of lightning network  release or anything else that may help to solve the problem. Untill that BTC will only crawl upside.

sjefdeklerk

Activity: 154
Merit: 8

SODL

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:19:56 PM

I agree, while BTC is trading above $2500 I consider the bears as WEAK too Smiley Once BTC starts tumbling below $2500 I'll say they're not weak. The bulls on the other hand are STROOOONG. I'm dead serious. You have this coin that failed as a payment system, governments are banning (India added last night) without any viable future, and it's STILL trading above $10.000. That's only possible because of strong bulls.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:53:35 PM

The bears will never run out of gas..

It is even more easy to fuel the fire of evaporating profits then it is to get people to invest in stuff that is going up.

I do think this is the last drop for now and that it is time to fasten our seatbelts again for a big take off.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:54:43 PM

Dude we lost 1.5k in 12 hours
this could easily go below 10k

Yeah it's definitely not over.
Right now price is around 11300 and looks pretty bad. No signs of strong support at the moment.
Just slowly grinding down.
I even think we could see another attempt to push price down to $8k.
As bad as this sounds I know, I think it's still possible.
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 06:00:22 PM

So what's happening? We've been staying above $11k for the past few days. Are the bears really this weak?

You could make the same argument about bulls not being able to move past $13k, which is still 35% below all time highs, where many people on this forum bought in.

SONG GEET

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:11:10 PM

I have some buy orders open for bitcoin all the way down to $7k from $9k and waiting all of them to get hit.

Market is still bearish and I don't think it will change to bullish till end of feb. Lots of sell volume coming from south korea which might mean some people have insider information.  Wink Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:16:45 PM

The bear have done poorly this days  I was even think based on what I read on the social media that bitcoin is going to dump to $5,000 but that has become the things of the past. I just make some personal predictions that bitcoin is going to get a little corrections toward $10,200 before all time bullish market that might take us close to the December high of $20,000. If that did not hold and the bear take over by next week then bitcoin might fell below $7,500.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:02:21 PM

The bear have done poorly this days  I was even think based on what I read on the social media that bitcoin is going to dump to $5,000 but that has become the things of the past. I just make some personal predictions that bitcoin is going to get a little corrections toward $10,200 before all time bullish market that might take us close to the December high of $20,000. If that did not hold and the bear take over by next week then bitcoin might fell below $7,500.
I was a little frightened by the decline in bitcoin prices. we can see that price movements are increasingly critical. including altcoin, some of the inveabilities I did partially failed this week. it all happened because the price of altcoin that fell
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1522

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 07:41:13 PM

We reached 20k too fast. What we are seeing now is the normal course of events for the present situation.

It might not be a bear move but another correction. You shouldn't expect another fast rush to the 20k anymore. At least untill some major event will happan and tbh I do not expect anything (especially positive ones). The fees are still high and no one can tell the exact date of lightning network  release or anything else that may help to solve the problem. Untill that BTC will only crawl upside.

This. There is no justification for the price to skyrocket again fast apart from people thinking that this is the coin of the future and that it will be worth $1.000.000 by 2020. There are better coins for small payments now, and people also think they can make a lot of money buying alts.

Enjel (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:49:26 PM

Support is at $9k, so any movement above that is normal, and nothing to fear or anything.

India banned Bitcoin? I didn't hear about that, but I doubt anyone cares...

The market is the one deciding Bitcoin's worth, not speculations on its quality or utility. It already "crashed" 50% anyways... people are clammoring for a 90% drop from ATH, but it just won't happen.

sjefdeklerk

SODL

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:13:17 PM

Support is at $9k, so any movement above that is normal, and nothing to fear or anything.

OF course not. Who cares about such a small country. Its GDP is only 2x Russia. WHen Russia banned BTC nobody cared neither Smiley Wake me up with the USA bans bitcoin Smiley
Enjel (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:03:48 PM

OF course not. Who cares about such a small country. Its GDP is only 2x Russia. WHen Russia banned BTC nobody cared neither Smiley Wake me up with the USA bans bitcoin Smiley

I cared about China, and so did Bitcoin (went up a lot after a little bit of panic).

US will never ban Bitcoin, because Uncle Sam's pockets are getting lined too well Smiley

Enjel (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:06:20 PM

But the question is never "who cares" but "does the market care?"

If support from $8k - $9k breaks, then the answer is yes - otherwise it is no.

If that breaks, I'm selling my BTCs when the price bounces up one more time, since that's pretty indicative. If not, we are going to $20k.

Bitcoin Wanga seems to think we are going to $40k soon, and his predictions have been not too bad overall (stunningly accurate).

sjefdeklerk

SODL

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:07:16 PM

US will never ban Bitcoin, because Uncle Sam's pockets are getting lined too well Smiley
Haha so you think the USA will sit there and watch how some crypto currency, a currency they can not control, take over their fiat currency? Haha that's funny. I'm sure that will happen on the same day supermarkets start selling uranium and cocaine.
Enjel (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:09:23 PM

Haha so you think the USA will sit there and watch how some crypto currency, a currency they can not control, take over their fiat currency? Haha that's funny.

I would not call the current situation "take over" by any means. Bitcoin would have to grow 10x before that even comes close. $200 billion market cap (and most of that is thin air) is absolutely nothing, which is why the only way to go (in the long term) is up.

Right now a few institutions can buy up all the Bitcoins available on the market without any trouble.

sjefdeklerk

SODL

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:10:53 PM

Haha so you think the USA will sit there and watch how some crypto currency, a currency they can not control, take over their fiat currency? Haha that's funny.

I would not call the current situation "take over" by any means. Bitcoin would have to grow 10x before that even comes close. $200 billion market cap (and most of that is thin air) is absolutely nothing, which is why the only way to go (in the long term) is up.

Right now a few institutions can buy up all the Bitcoins available on the market without any trouble.

There's NO WAY the USA will sit back and do nothing once they really fear BTC to become a competitor. Obviously they currently don't think it can happen. But if it becomes too big, they'll destroy it.
Enjel (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:14:04 PM

As for cocaine.. I despise all drugs, but alcohol was once illegal, and so was weed. The former is fully legal and regulated, while the second will become legalized fully in the future (and heavily taxed!).

*What competitor? The US has made many rulings on Bitcoin, and all of them have been positive, on the side of regulation Smiley

The US has shown that it supports Bitcoin, as long as it's regulated and it can extract taxes from it.

If you personally believe the US will ban Bitcoin, I guess your moves will be pretty easy.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: