Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 09:36:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP PLEASE ETH MIST WALLET CAN'T LOGIN ANYMORE  (Read 118 times)
sullaluna (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:15:50 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 09:27:06 PM by sullaluna

One a year ago I bought some ETH and deposited it on Ethereum Mist. 4 days ago I opend Ethereum Mist and updated to 0.9.3 (last version) and successfully logged in. After I updated also the new Ethereum Wallet because I read that it was better and now I can't login anymore in both Wallets (Ethereum Mist and Ethereum Wallet): https://i.imgur.com/qeTdhZt.png

Tried  using Geth but the following error occurs:  https://i.imgur.com/emzTJHN.png

Someone could help please  Huh Huh Huh?
ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:21:37 PM

Yeah i can help. Do you save the private key or Json file with password or or secret passphrase of that address ? cause if you save it you can login with it at myetherwallet or metamask, or any exchanger that support importing privatekey. And you can savely move your balance out there.
sullaluna (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:42:10 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 12:59:18 PM by sullaluna

ty i gotta look, will update
sullaluna (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:32:40 PM

Yeah i can help. Do you save the private key or Json file with password or or secret passphrase of that address ? cause if you save it you can login with it at myetherwallet or metamask, or any exchanger that support importing privatekey. And you can savely move your balance out there.

Is there a way to unlock this update problem without having to recover the wallet elsewhere? cuz I dont seem to have the right files
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 07:22:56 AM

Very strange that you dont have private keys for your wallet. Maybe should try to find old version of your wallet then. I have all my private key and passwords printed in my desk)

sullaluna (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:41:46 PM

its actually my friends wallet :/ hes asking me to post here for help...  btw we tried with MEW yesterday and we could login but the wallet empty, maybe is the wrong one cuz he has  like 3.4 wallets... but  now hes telling me that he created an eth contract back then and he cant access it ... any solution? hes telling me that maybe creating another contract with 1 ETH will make him get to his stored ones... idk... ideas?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: