Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 03:28:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What age to teach kids about crypto?  (Read 2485 times)
charlie_cutie2002

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:58:59 AM

I think as a mother i will teach my children right now why because i want them to have a knowledge about it but ill sure that they will be responsible to their studies and priority the education followed the crypto.
nevafade

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:31:44 AM

For me, I will teach my kids about Crypto at the age of 20 above if they finish their education at bachelor's degree so that they can stand up on their own in the future.
Coin12

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:36:53 AM

There's no specific age to teach them about crypto, well, you just let them know that it exist, then you can tell them how to earn it in the future. I think it's good if he/she is in high school before starting to engage in the community.

The age is depending the child. Its not the same betwen one children with other when they are ready.
However, 18+ years old is enough to start learning bitcoin. Tell them the risk first before the profit.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:25:29 PM

Hi everyone,

When is a good age to teach kids about crypto?  Any suggestions on how to go about it?  thanks Smiley

I have an information that in some countries there are talks with children 12-13 years about cryptocurrencies and finance at all. This is their first knowledge about crypto I suppose. Useful experience!
Vorlk

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:40:12 PM

Depends on the child, on his abilities
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:10:23 PM

To teach crypto to children no matter what age, because learning crypto does not require the age level, now is the age of Online and now many children are playing Online, it would be nice we teach the child as soon as possible about crypto as a substitute for Online games child.
There is no specific age to teach a kid about in crypto. Childrens now are so bright they know easily how to use a gadget and play online games. I know they easily learn and understand the importance of bitcoin in human.
fishball

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:13:10 PM

I have been teaching my daughter and she is just 12 years old. I also teach her how to fill the airdrops lol Grin

The point here should be how you will teach your child/children to be responsible in this matter. Responsible in what to post, how to post and how to deal with different issues here.
HokageNanadaime

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:18:52 PM

I think we need to teach about crypto currency because this technology is indispensable of the future. And this topic is very important for our children.
Aderiho Bitjones

Activity: 256
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:36:09 PM

when bitcoin only appeared, I certainly did not know anything. And even after many years, no one told me that this exists. But now everything is progressing, and we just have to teach the younger generation. The sooner they find out, the more useful they will be in the future.
Bes19

Activity: 1003
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:00:32 PM

Age is just a number. It really doesn't matter here in crypto as long as a kid can understand how bitcoin works then they can use bitcoin too. But there is a disadvantage on that. If kids would get addicted on crypto, they will forget their academics which is not good. Everythinf should be in balance.
Batmain

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:22:28 PM

There's no specific age to teach them about crypto, well, you just let them know that it exist, then you can tell them how to earn it in the future. I think it's good if he/she is in high school before starting to engage in the community.

12 years and above I think, Just explain him/her the basics, Cryptucurrencies are adults stuffs when it comes to its application. Don't ruin the child's mindset like that. If you want then computer hardware and computer knowledge is essential to a kid, as well as programming. Later when he/she knows this stuffs, they will understand the blockchain even more because they know the theory behind.

Once somebody is able to drive a car, he should be able to understand bitcoin as well and handle it in a responsible way.
The age to get a drivers licens differs from country to country, but as far as I know it's between 15 and 18.

In general I would not teach bitcoin in schools.
Imagine a teenager was tought about crypto currencies at school, opens an account and loses all his money.
I am sure that in case of a lawsuit the school would be held responsible and it would have to make up for the loss.
This is all about individual teachings, how you can make your child view the world in cryptocurreny in a "not all about money" manner. But I think later on this kind of technology will be taught in schools and will be included in the curriculum. This is no different from, ecomomics and finance.

LynielZbl

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 11:33:04 PM

Kids nowadays are very civilized in terms of technology. They are easy to learn and to adopt how technology works. So if we teach them in cryptocurrencies, they might be learn from it step by step and to adopt it in their whole lives. So by the age of 12 or 13, you must teach them how the bitcoin works and teach them not to easily invest because they might be lose a lot and too risky.
akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 11:49:03 PM

I think it is advisable to inform kids around 9-10 years old.  We just need to introduce the crypto currency like a 5 minute discussion and that's it. If the child is intersted, he/she can join after class discussion or clubs that will discuss bitcoin. We should not force them to understand and like bitcoin. They should be willing to learn and make an effort to know what it is. After that, they can introduce bitcoin next semester. Educating a child are one of the good way of preparing them in the future.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Drunkenhorse

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 11:52:03 PM

I think from age when they understand what is money, and when they start using it .
gabinsight

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 01:35:02 AM

I don't think there is a specific age for them to be taught, if you find your child picking interest in it, you can teach him/her the basics, learning at a very young age could actually help them grow to become great minds in the Krypto World.
krayzie32

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:23:41 AM

in my opinion, we can teach cryptocurrency for children at high school. This is a good time for them can understand about cryptoworld. we should not teach too early, because it is not neccessary.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:42:31 AM

if you ask me what age, i will teach my kids about crypto at the young age.
then in the future, they will be able to invest or trading or get profit from crypto
but currently i dont have kids, im not married yet. lol
_Legendary_

Activity: 573
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:48:55 AM

in my opinion, we can teach cryptocurrency for children at high school. This is a good time for them can understand about cryptoworld. we should not teach too early, because it is not neccessary.

Exactly, bitcoin and cryptocurrency are complicated things to learn, it seems we will be useless if introducing bitcoin to those who are not old enough and high school is the right time because the child already has a picture of the transaction and finances.
zafirawijaya03

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:49:38 AM

In my opinion, age 17 is the right age, to teach children about crypto, because at that age the child's mind starts to mature, more stable and can more easily accept it.
etron

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:59:01 AM

Hi everyone,

When is a good age to teach kids about crypto?  Any suggestions on how to go about it?  thanks Smiley
I think for children today do not need to be taught about bitcoin because children are more clever and more clever today because there are already many underage children already have so many bitcoin assets that they get but in addition to they can not yet verify their earnings because they are underage, so what's wrong with introducing bitcoin from now on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: