Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:45:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What age to teach kids about crypto?  (Read 2474 times)
Mcdacillo

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:47:49 PM

Hi everyone,

When is a good age to teach kids about crypto?  Any suggestions on how to go about it?  thanks Smiley

For me, the good age to teach your kids about bitcoin or cryptocurrencies is ranging from no minimum of 12 years old. Its better to start teaching bitcoin as soon as possibe for them to knw the importance of saving money and also for them to be ready for their future. So that, when the right time comes they will not be dependent on their parents because they know how to earn money for themselves.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity

johnine

Activity: 246
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:50:27 PM

In my perspective teaching the kids about crypto currency at the young age is much better, giving them the ideas on how crypto currency works, since this crypto currency will going to be their future currency. It will really help them a lot. By just giving them a heads up on how it works will make easy for them in the future to become wise how to invest and when to buy and sell. And also it will still depend on the child if he or she can adapt on crypto world.
Spotlessvillian

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:01:11 PM

For me I will teach my son about crypto as long as he can understand what were doing.. So that he can help me achieve and provide what we need in life.. And to pursue mu dreams for him and our family..
coinsocieties

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:08:28 PM

We can teach kids at the any age as long as he already understand and can do bitcoin work. For me personaly i bilieve that teaching a young generation how to do bitcoin is a good option. For this is bitcoin is the mode of payment in the future.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                  
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀                    

Powered by,
zhelis74

Activity: 510
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:10:43 PM

Hi everyone,

When is a good age to teach kids about crypto?  Any suggestions on how to go about it?  thanks Smiley

Children now very early learn many modern technologies faster than adults. I think that it is enough to provide the child with the Internet and he will learn how to earn using the crypto currency.

Kids is really hard to teach on how to earn money much more if they are came from wealthy family because they are not thinking about financial crisis so they feel no obligations or in general
kids don't have responsibility to commit what is the needs in order to gain profit, but if they reach at the age of 10 or 12 then that is the time to teach them the goodness of crypto and how they do to achieved on it.

CryptoPsycho

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:24:36 PM

I think that enough to tell them about bitcoin and they will find everything by theyself because google contain almost everything we need to know about bitcoin and blockchain.
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 04:14:34 PM

Hi everyone,

The earlier the better, kids today are very well oriented when it comes to information technology aspects specially internet so I think they would show more affinity to cryptocurrency and trading than the teaching older generations, plus young ones do not have that fear to new things which is a good trait in trading. Teaching them early on how to earn money is a good thing and learning how to trade will also teach them proper discipline at an early age. 

katarin2030

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:24:36 PM

In my perspective teaching the kids about crypto currency at the young age is much better, giving them the ideas on how crypto currency works, since this crypto currency will going to be their future currency. It will really help them a lot. By just giving them a heads up on how it works will make easy for them in the future to become wise how to invest and when to buy and sell. And also it will still depend on the child if he or she can adapt on crypto world.
Teaching about crypto at a tender age may not be a good idea as they do not have the capacity to understand about the crypto. Once they enter college or when they are able to understand about the trading, investing some basics about the economics then it will be better to give them information about crypto and how it works advantages to them.
thompson30

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:29:53 PM

Maybe around 10-15  years old because I know that they can understand now what bitcoin is and how to deal with ir
Joylee

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:31:10 PM

The children are still unstable thinking and they just want to play like the other kids out there, I think teenagers who can adopt and be given lessons and beliefs about crypto, dont let your child's childhood be lost cause they have to live the lives of adolescents its a important for his mindset.
lani123lani

Activity: 719

ORBIS PLATFORM

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:41:26 PM

there is no age limit for teaching crypto to children because learning crypto does not look at age or what age now children like to play online so I think it will make the children become more quickly understand the crypto world.

kadutz25

Activity: 172

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:46:18 PM

I think the age to teach children about crypto is more than 5 upwards because I think kids over 5 years of their mindset may find it easier to understand and better thought patterns when compared to children under 5 years of age.
YzzyGo

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:48:48 PM

I would teach them around 18 years of age but it depends if they want to learn. Problem with kids is they have little patience for adult stuff and more on playing. They have to know things like earning money first before we go to crypto. Monopoly is a good game to teach them that.
Joylee

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:15:58 PM

I think when a child is already in an age where he knows and uses technology well. Can not be limited by age, but the intellectual ability of the child is quite insightful when it can be taught.
Sadnu

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:27:03 PM

Hi everyone,

If you teach a child about crypto you need to teach it to be wise to know and know how to use the computer and of course bit intent on bitcoin because if he or she does not intimidate nothing will happen when you teach him. And it is not fancy to play online games because it affects their gameplay bitcoin they lose focus and no longer understand bitcoin.
NITCoinOfficial

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:43:44 PM

Excellent idea and a great question. Since bitcoin is part of our world economy now, it would make sense to teach kids at the age when they understand what money and credit card are. My guess is that it would be around 10-12 years old, depending individually on child development. Cryptocurrency in general is a very new technology. Kids will be the ones living "in it", unlike those who remember the times "before" and "after". The more honest you are with your kids, the better they understand what you are explaining to them. Draw pictures, explain in simple words, be open about this issue and I am sure your kids will understand the point. One of the best examples on blockchain technology explanations I have seen is this.
Let's say Bob, Julie and Andrew want to trade services (or goods) and want to write down who owes how much bitcoin to each other. Make a piece of paper for each one of them.
Let's say Bob has 10, Julie has 5, Andrew has 20. Andrew mowed the lawn and now Bob sends him 5 bitcoins for the service. The change happens on Bob's piece of paper, Julie's piece of paper and Andrew's piece of paper. This is how blockchain works - everyone owns a piece of paper with accounting information for everyone. 51 % of those "pieces of paper" decide if a transaction happened or not. I really liked this analogy to explain blockchain to someone not familiar with bitcoin.
Rascar Capac

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:47:42 PM

When they are old enough to understand the limitations of our current monetary system, then we can teach them the value of cryptomony. It depends on each child!
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:17:06 PM

there is a smart child and there are also children who are not smart, so I think children are not suitable in teaching about Cryptocurrency
let they until the age of at least 15 years for their brain can accept

ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:54:52 PM

I think around 11 years old and above. We should take the education about crypto around high levels since they have more capacity to understand the concepts and principles of bitcoin. through education the youth we can obtain a better society in future because there will be future successful person that we guide towards to a better version.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:40:39 PM

I think around the age of 12 to 14 is the best for a kid to learn about cryptocurrency. Until that age, they will develop their sense and understanding about how to survive in this world how to adapt to different situations. And if they started their journey at the age of 12 they are going to explore the whole world and the currency by using it in their daily life. The fact that you have to earn Bitcoin with your skill or investment makes them learn new stuff from the internet (of course that can be bad or good). But that will develop their communication skills and learning skills because they have to build up their skill set in order to earn from the Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: