Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:53:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ DSTM ] Found a fee remover for dstm zm miner  (Read 5814 times)
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:52:11 AM

If you don't like the price, do not use it. As simple as that.
I dream of owning a Ferrari but don't want to pay that amount of money. Are you saying it is ok to steal the Ferrari?

Djeez I don't understand why the moderators keep these threads open. This forum is about crypto, bitcoins, altcoins.. Not about hacking, cracking, stealing, ......

calling it stealing is very harsh and not even close, if anything he is stealing our hashrate by holding it hostage, cant disable the fee so we are left with no choice but to pay it, and you are missing the point anyways most people bitch because its a continual fee that never stops because the dev's are too greedy, they make money off dumb people like yourself, if anything it would be more like you buying a Ferrari and getting fiat instead but there's an additional catch, you have to pay a monthly fee just to use it, guaranteed you would be bitching about that in a heartbeat but noooooooo when a dev has a fee that never stops people like you come out the woodwork and call people greedy, people in general wouldn't be like this if the dev's were in fact reasonable

btw theres also word going around that dstm has abandoned his miner program, so you can go ahead and give him your money for free and not get anything in return since he no longer supports his program

Operating systems, software packages, etc... They all use a license, right? A license that people need to "renew" every x time. Don't like paying for services/software? Then don't buy it/them.

If a creator (doesnt have to be software) releases something WITH conditions, why use it if you don't agree to those conditions? Did he lie about the fee? Did he hide it?
No. You knew about the fee from day one.

Also a little side note about greed:
Some time ago I released an OPEN source logging script with absolutely NO licenses or conditions: People could do with it what they want. I got questions from people asking me to modify the script to their needs. One of them made 300 USD _per day_ but was too greedy to tip me even one dollar.
Only 1 user had the decency to tip me. Talking about greed.
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:10:51 AM

I dream of owning a Ferrari but don't want to pay that amount of money. Are you saying it is ok to steal the Ferrari?

Djeez I don't understand why the moderators keep these threads open. This forum is about crypto, bitcoins, altcoins.. Not about hacking, cracking, stealing, ......

calling it stealing is very harsh and not even close, if anything he is stealing our hashrate by holding it hostage, cant disable the fee so we are left with no choice but to pay it, and you are missing the point anyways most people bitch because its a continual fee that never stops because the dev's are too greedy, they make money off dumb people like yourself, if anything it would be more like you buying a Ferrari and getting fiat instead but there's an additional catch, you have to pay a monthly fee just to use it, guaranteed you would be bitching about that in a heartbeat but noooooooo when a dev has a fee that never stops people like you come out the woodwork and call people greedy, people in general wouldn't be like this if the dev's were in fact reasonable

btw theres also word going around that dstm has abandoned his miner program, so you can go ahead and give him your money for free and not get anything in return since he no longer supports his program

Operating systems, software packages, etc... They all use a license, right? A license that people need to "renew" every x time. Don't like paying for services/software? Then don't buy it/them.

If a creator (doesnt have to be software) releases something WITH conditions, why use it if you don't agree to those conditions? Did he lie about the fee? Did he hide it?

Some time ago I released an OPEN source logging script with absolutely NO licenses or conditions: People could do with it what they want. I got questions from people asking me to modify the script to their needs. One of them made 300 USD _per day_ but was too greedy to tip me even one dollar.

your compare apples with oranges there bud for the most part, weither it has a license or not is not the point, point is most of these programs and OS's we pay a ONE time fee to have it not a fee that keeps on going, and i never said I dont agree with it i just said they could lower the percentage some, they do need to get something but what there asking currently just isnt worth what we miners get in return, companies like microsoft had to sell LOTS of copies to make there money plus they had to pay taxes and what have you, dev's of miner programs do not, they are getting this money free and clear so dont talk about dev's not being greedy, that being said companies also a more than just one person working on the program or os so updates can regularly get pushed out which is another thing miner dev's LACK, they make more then enough to hire some other people but do they hell no cause there too danm greedy. btw its not greed just cause you did make money on something, you knew how open source is, you have to make it super good and even then getting people to donate is harder than hell, then youve got people that will pick through your code and put it into there paid for miners too, which from what ive herd every miner dev has done at some point or another, the only people that come out on top are these dev's, if anything we kinda get the shaft

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Poisenninja

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:28:46 AM

Yeah he fixed this in 0.5.8. There is also a “fix” for that. But. He Will need to give atleast 3-4% more performance. Before switching. And 5.7 and 5.8 is the same. Almost.
migere

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:31:47 AM

your compare apples with oranges there bud for the most part, weither it has a license or not is not the point, point is most of these programs and OS's we pay a ONE time fee to have it not a fee that keeps on going, and i never said I dont agree with it i just said they could lower the percentage some, they do need to get something but what there asking currently just isnt worth what we miners get in return, companies like microsoft had to sell LOTS of copies to make there money plus they had to pay taxes and what have you, dev's of miner programs do not, they are getting this money free and clear so dont talk about dev's not being greedy, that being said companies also a more than just one person working on the program or os so updates can regularly get pushed out which is another thing miner dev's LACK, they make more then enough to hire some other people but do they hell no cause there too danm greedy. btw its not greed just cause you did make money on something, you knew how open source is, you have to make it super good and even then getting people to donate is harder than hell, then youve got people that will pick through your code and put it into there paid for miners too, which from what ive herd every miner dev has done at some point or another, the only people that come out on top are these dev's, if anything we kinda get the shaft

Bullshit
You're greedy and that's why you're stealing.
Wake up kid.
Poisenninja

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:40:52 AM

But. You should point a ld_preload against zm or just load it with ld_preload. Then its always interrupting.
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:47:31 AM

"we pay a ONE time fee to have it not a fee that keeps on going" 

You obviously have no experience dealing with software licensing.  That said, you know what, use this hack to remove the fee and take the money you save and use it to pay for English lessons.
migere

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:13:35 AM

Now look at the zcash hashrate.
If it keeps rising because of this we'll lose 30% - greedy fuckers.
Cryptoguy2017 (OP)

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:26:20 AM

Why should this have something to do with hasrate increasing?
Poisenninja

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:35:00 AM

LOL what is your IQ ? What is the differrence ? Dstm get 2% or yourself ?
migere

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:59:52 AM

LOL what is your IQ ? What is the differrence ? Dstm get 2% or yourself ?

There are very big farms - they are doing very carefull callculations and chose the coins they mine based on it. Now we'll lose much more than the 2% - stupid greedy kids.
Cryptoguy2017 (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:44:16 PM

Its the standard switching what big farms are doing...
Cryptoguy2017 (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:51:15 PM

@migere network hashrate droped...

Poisenninja

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:17:54 PM

if you google "[dstm miner] How to get rid of developer's fee?" the first result, then click the cached version. There's a screenshot on that post showing it working in windows. I'm too new to pm him to ask how he did it Smiley

I made Linux and Windows version for my own use to compare fee’s. One Thing is what dev is saying and another thing is what is true. And after that he came out with unencrypted connections is 2.5% but i still Think that fee on Windows version is a bit high’er. And yes mine is for 0.5.8 since he patched this fix in 0.5.8 that means more Challenge for me and more fun. Someone read books, i read code like books. And companies is paying very good for it.
My friend mine  And he told me its imposible to “remove” fee. True. I Think both versions took like 1 hour.
So actually i did some research for a friend. And i never released anything of all this. And Will never do.
So i will let you destroy my kids and their kids planet with all this mining in peace.

And to everyone Else. Stop acting OP raped your mom in front of you bevises of this “fix”
_pepe_

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:44:01 PM

Sorry, you are correct. I guess my comment wasn't about this method but the other one posted that was removed and only visible using google cache. I am only posting here since I can't comment on that deleted thread.

So yes, the method posted on this thread is linux only. I guess I had wishful thinking that someone could make this work on windows since the other one seemed to for a guy that knew what he was doing.

Cygwin or VirtualMachine could be an option...
Wink
crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:56:40 PM

well, for me it is OK to pay fee, but I'd prefer to have a choice of miners - slower speed but free, faster speed - but maybe with fee. But if I pay fee I expect to see best speed and no stability issue.
the problem is, that with DSTM miner I can't be guaranteed to have both best speed and stability and then the question rises. Why I have to pay a fee if dev can't finish the product?
migere

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:15:28 PM

well, for me it is OK to pay fee, but I'd prefer to have a choice of miners - slower speed but free, faster speed - but maybe with fee. But if I pay fee I expect to see best speed and no stability issue.
the problem is, that with DSTM miner I can't be guaranteed to have both best speed and stability and then the question rises. Why I have to pay a fee if dev can't finish the product?

Bullshit.
Don't use it if it's 'soooo bad'.
You're just a greedy bastard.
anotherwave

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:47:11 PM

Bullshit.
[/quote]

I love reading your post Migere..... Everyone is a greedy SOB!!! hehee..   i love it.. Look this has played out before and it will again.  dstm will keep on supporting his miner until he gets enough cash that he doesn't want to deal with this bullshit and just wants to enjoy life with the money he earned.  Then someone else will take his spot and do the same. Guys trying to get around the fee isn't going to kill his profits. If people are knowledgeable enough to redirect the fee so be it that's ok. The majority of people will still support dstm and he will still earn a lot of money.  But please keep posting and don't stop ending your post with "greedy fuckers" and so on.....  Grin

Greedy mouth breathers!!!
migere

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:55:24 PM

Bullshit.

I love reading your post Migere..... Everyone is a greedy SOB!!! hehee..   i love it.. Look this has played out before and it will again.  dstm will keep on supporting his miner until he gets enough cash that he doesn't want to deal with this bullshit and just wants to enjoy life with the money he earned.  Then someone else will take his spot and do the same. Guys trying to get around the fee isn't going to kill his profits. If people are knowledgeable enough to redirect the fee so be it that's ok. The majority of people will still support dstm and he will still earn a lot of money.  But please keep posting and don't stop ending your post with "greedy fuckers" and so on.....  Grin

Greedy mouth breathers!!!
[/quote]

They are just greedy bastards, trying to hide it, inventing kid stories.
What happens if the next windows update breaks things?
Their stolen pennies won't help them.
I really hope dstm won't get pissed off.
We'll end up with an unmaintained miner again.
A_k!ngNotht!ng

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:54:04 PM

I used this fee redirecter for some time. I can see there is different ways and solutions on the internet now. So why not just share the goodies.
Work on linux DSTM <= 0.5.7

https://ufile.io/zktoq

Use
Code:
LD_PRELOAD=/absolute/path/to/the/fee_hashpower_redirect.so ./zm <standard-arguments-you-typically-give-to-it>

It will tell you when it replaces the fee address with the one you start zm with and reroute hashpower to your current pool with same name as your miner you started zm with.

Cheers happy mining.
Cryptoguy2017 (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:06:03 PM

Wow

So much flaming...

When u check dstms hashrate is now 1.6 megahashs...

The myshare application is not affecting his insane profit....

Calm down guys and get the most out of your hardware.
I make about 200 bucks more with myshare...

Best regards!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: