Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:44:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ DSTM ] Found a fee remover for dstm zm miner  (Read 5814 times)
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:27:09 PM

This thread just goes to show you can't please everybody.  Sp-Mod comes out with a miner that he charges for upfront with no dev fee, and everyone bitches that its too expensive.  DSTM writes a miner for his own personal use that he shares with everyone with the caveat that he takes 2% of the hashrate and people call him greedy.  Its insane.  If your rig is making $100 a day, he is only taking $2.  That is peanuts.  I am sure the people trying to use this hack are making far less than a $100, so for them its pennies they are losing.

I'll let you in on a secret, if you want a free miner that will not charge a dev fee, check this one out:  https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:29:54 PM

When u find myshare useful, please send us a donation to t1bk9mmB9ZgR4vjqqCxmj7U61hcWNa3J5PZ

LOL this is the best part of the post.  As if someone who uses software to avoid a 2% fee is going to donate to the author.  I guess a newbie posting a link to a file on anonfiles doesn't throw up a red flag either!  Grin
Cryptoguy2017 (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:41:01 PM

My first intention was after testing myshare,  that i will share it with the community as it got not mentioned here.
Never wanted to do something bad. More like a feeling of robin hood. Take away from the rich ( 400k/month) to the hard miners...

Then my post escalated very quickly and now most of the comments are just entertaining....

migere

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:21:56 AM

My first intention was after testing myshare,  that i will share it with the community as it got not mentioned here.
Never wanted to do something bad. More like a feeling of robin hood. Take away from the rich ( 400k/month) to the hard miners...

Then my post escalated very quickly and now most of the comments are just entertaining....

Robin Hood with an donation address....
This is simply stupid, you're doing more harm than good, even to your own profit.
You're influencing competition.
I hope dstm wont rise the fee but paying 2$ to be able to make 98$ is an excellent ratio.
migere

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:02:44 AM

Let me add one thing for you greedy bastards.
I'm pretty sure the people who are able to code such things know exactly what they are capable of and how much they can earn with their skill. They must be really bored by you stupid kids whining all the time '2% that's too much for a dev'. They dont rely on you but we on them.
eleceng1979

Activity: 44
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:11:25 AM

Congratulations on bending all of us honest folks over.  The problem with most people is that you only see and think dollar signs, not percent.  2% of a big ass number is big $...so what it's only 2%.  I suppose because DSTM wrote a popular and better than average performing miner he deserves his 2% fee.  Don't hate on DSTM due to a large number of people using it.  It was 2% dev fee when no one used it and still is.  You call him greedy for keeping it 2% yet your the thief?  WTF?

How and why this thread hasn't been locked and your account banned is a mystery.  DSTM has done a great service to our community with his development.  You have simply shit all over DSTM and the community with your own greed, yet blaming it on DSTM's publicly stated fee.

Your greed is too short sighted to see the hash improvements and cpu reductions made by DSTM throughout the revisions.  He already gave you way more than 2% better hash than other miners not to menton his own improvememts.  Who is to say he can't keep developing it and make even more improvements?  Oh wait you fucked him so why would he help now...

You reap what you sow
Cryptoguy2017 (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:40:04 AM

When u check his hashrate. He is making more money since a few days..... i think he is still happy 😂
WoW_Fishmonger

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:29:17 PM

I don't have a problem with the 2% fee, as others have said, if his free software earns me $1000 a month, I am tipping him what... $20?
I'll give my waitress / bartender more than that on a single night out of dinner and drinks with friends and family.

Just put that into perspective...
Yes, he is EARNING mad money from the single tiny donations from millions of people, but that's how you need to be successful in this world.
Look at Android and IOS apps. Many developers charge $1 for their product, hoping to gain a tiny fraction of income off of LOTS of individuals.
Look at people looking for $1 donations from people on Twitch / Youtube.... those pennies add up.

In this global economy, that is the future.

Remember office space?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZjCQ3T5yXo

My only issue is if he is LYING about the %.
If he says 2% but takes 3%? Then yes, that is BS, and I would support bypassing his lying.
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 01:32:39 PM

What you are doing moron is taking away from the guy that allowed you to mine in the first place.  If you are smart then write your own and quit trying to write something that screws others.  Then charge less for it then guess what, you become robin hood and also become the ass that makes 200K a month....

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
Cryptoguy2017 (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:03:59 PM

Hmm. When the zm miner would not exist the hasrate would be lower as no one would use it and everyone would have the same?
Cryptoguy2017 (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:32:24 PM

Finally no more flaming Wink
fecker

Activity: 30
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:12:52 AM

Finally no more flaming Wink

Keep it up man. Good work!!!!

He definitely doesnt deserve 2% from all shares. He is just greedy.
Be the Robin Hood! I <3 ya.

Please make a windows 10 version too Smiley Thanks
gettilee

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:17:58 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 01:38:00 AM by gettilee

this thread is gold  Grin

we see valid arguments about a dev fee and the only come backs are "greedy bastards", "greedy morons", the sky is falling type panicking "dstm will abandon his miner!" lol...

dstm has repeatedly said he will not lower his dev fee and to go use another miner if you don't like his fee. he doesn't care if you use his or not. you wanna take a guess why? that 2% he gets from every miner running is insanely profitable for him. dstm shared his miner as closed source to make money. simple as that.

now i'm not against paying people for their work, in fact i like to donate to people/communities like nvOC and ccminer by klaust and Equihash Miner Autorun by acrefawn, etc. the fact that they are spending their time to help the community and other people says a lot about their character. they don't require any compensation, they provide support and take suggestions and oddly enough, they are pushing out updates 10x more often than dstm. all they have is a donation address. those are the people that deserve to be paid regularly.

as far as miner authors with 2% dev fees...none deserve a 2% constant fee running on miners. many people have enough rigs that its not as simple as $2 a day. even if that were the case, do you feel you're getting $750+ a year worth of increased hashrate/stability from this? not a chance. you might see a 6% gain over other miners but thats reduced to 4% with his fee lol. its hilarious you think that small of a increase is worth taking 1/3rd of said increased hashrate!

you go ahead and keep paying that 2% dev fee, and keep the posts coming!

i'd love to donate for a windows 10 version!
migere

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:07:38 AM

we see valid arguments about a dev fee and the only come backs are "greedy bastards", "greedy morons", the sky is falling type panicking "dstm will abandon his miner!" lol...

dstm has repeatedly said he will not lower his dev fee and to go use another miner if you don't like his fee. he doesn't care if you use his or not. you wanna take a guess why? that 2% he gets from every miner running is insanely profitable for him. dstm shared his miner as closed source to make money. simple as that.

now i'm not against paying people for their work, in fact i like to donate to people/communities like nvOC and ccminer by klaust and Equihash Miner Autorun by acrefawn, etc. the fact that they are spending their time to help the community and other people says a lot about their character. they don't require any compensation, they provide support and take suggestions and oddly enough, they are pushing out updates 10x more often than dstm. all they have is a donation address. those are the people that deserve to be paid regularly.

as far as miner authors with 2% dev fees...none deserve a 2% constant fee running on miners. many people have enough rigs that its not as simple as $2 a day. even if that were the case, do you feel you're getting $750+ a year worth of increased hashrate/stability from this? not a chance. you might see a 6% gain over other miners but thats reduced to 4% with his fee lol. its hilarious you think that small of a increase is worth taking 1/3rd of said increased hashrate!

Exactly, this thread is gold.
You're explaining in detail how a greedy bastard thinks.

A greedy bastard likes
- to have a completely free miner that earns money for him 24/7
- paying for a miner which earns more for him is incompatible with his greed
- he's greedy so he loves to pay for a hack
- he is trying to hide his greed but fails every time he tries
gettilee

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:48:50 AM

Exactly, this thread is gold.
You're explaining in detail how a greedy bastard thinks.

A greedy bastard likes
- to have a completely free miner that earns money for him 24/7
- paying for a miner which earns more for him is incompatible with his greed
- he's greedy so he loves to pay for a hack
- he is trying to hide his greed but fails every time he tries

lol, uses greed 5 times, bastard twice. you sir, are a wordsmith!
Cryptoguy2017 (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:14:03 AM

Ok still entertaining Wink.

Cryptoguy2017 (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:53:14 PM

Are here many windows users? Just curious?
anotherwave

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:06:07 PM

I think most average people are windows users.  The 1-10 card miners.. I think if your running a farm then its more likely to be running on linux..
gettilee

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:55:36 AM

i'm a windows user until i get enough practice with linux
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:10:10 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 01:12:46 PM by toptek

Hey you all,

I use both windows and linux would rather use window even on a big Rig ..... an own three copy's of ethOS Mining OS aka linux OS  which i had no problem paying for ....

Bminer: a fast Equihash miner for CUDA GPUs (5.2.0)  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2519271.0

Has the --nofee  option

and runs just as fast as dstm I'm not trying to take a way form anyone using the fee remover for dstm zm miner in fact use it, i say : because of the attitude  of the dstm zm miner DEVers .....

I haven't tested Bminer yet but about to . i did look at the read me and the fee can be turned off that's all I want dstm zm miner to do give that options, i will leave on the Fee when i use it, like i do with Claymore miners.. i just don't like the attitude of the dstm zm miner DEVers ....that's my only beef there pure Ass holes .....an very greedy.

I don't give a shit how much they make etc ..there attitude is the issue for me .....

gettilee

I agree an do the same thing an donate . it's when they get a high an mighty attitude like go fuck off, that drives me up a wall sense there is no reason for it ...

they proable make more then 13 k a day now an don't work hard for it ...sigh ... I'm not jealous , I 'm glad they can etc just don't rube it in by saying they may jack up the fee ..... there not but did say they were thinking about it, that's was the red line/call it what you want, that did it for me.

My first intention was after testing myshare,  that i will share it with the community as it got not mentioned here.

What you are doing moron is taking away from the guy that allowed you to mine in the first place.  

That comment alone is were your wrong  
taking away from the guy that allowed you to mine
. he didn't invent it like your claiming other DEV gave away code freely so he could make one and charge a Fee ...

This thread just goes to show you can't please everybody.  Sp-Mod comes out with a miner that he charges for upfront with no dev fee, and everyone bitches that its too expensive.  DSTM writes a miner for his own personal use that he shares with everyone with the caveat that he takes 2% of the hashrate and people call him greedy.  Its insane.  If your rig is making $100 a day, he is only taking $2.  That is peanuts.  I am sure the people trying to use this hack are making far less than a $100, so for them its pennies they are losing.

I'll let you in on a secret, if you want a free miner that will not charge a dev fee, check this one out:  https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer

NO  SECRET there https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer I probable know of miners you don't but who cares any way and you miss the whole point ....

GL .....

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: