Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:00:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL MiniRig Line:Concerned  (Read 6983 times)
EvilLizardApparel (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 01:54:54 PM

Also Posted in Pre-Sales at BFL Forum

MiniRig Line:Concerned
Via Jody's blog, we can conclude the minirig line made ZERO progress from roughly August 15th until today. It seems ONE 500 GH/s unit has been completed since then (as seen on Jody's Update yesterday). If only one 500 GH/s unit has been completed since the 15th, which is 8 days...How, at ONE 500 GH/s unit EVERY 8 DAYS, will BFL ever complete the backlog?

If BFL is purposely slowing the Minirig line, to force big-money investors to switch their investment to the Monarch line, this would be very troubling.

I welcome BFL to clarify why this line, which so much money has been dumped into by customers, is moving so slowly...Neglect, lack of coordination, or fraud?

Also, since I have 1.5 TH/s to my order...Can I assume, at one 500GH/s rig every 8 days, my order will take 24 DAYS to build and fulfill?

Thanks for your time

PS: I'm not an angry troll, I've invested in the Minirig line and I'm extremely concerned at the lack of progress. And seemingly no effort to correct it..

Are no other MiniRig purchasers as concerned as I am?

Hello EvilLizardApparel,

Just wanted to let you know that MiniRig line was not slowed down in any way, we were just waiting for new boards to arrive to the facility.

Regards,
Nasser

Nasser,

Your presence in this thread is refreshing. I am glad you came here to actually execute some customer service, and didn't come in here calling concerned customers "monumental assholes". However, by now you should not be running out of chips or other parts...You are in "full production" and have a huge backlog to fill. Your customers did not shell out millions for you guys to still not be at the top of your game after all these months. Your customers are on the cusp of having a failed investment in your company, we have had our faith in you and despair at being continually disappointed. We accepted the reduced specs of your products, now we need you to actually produce and ship them in a timely and competent manner.

Thank you for taking the time to post though, Nasser. You better tell your production coordinators to get there shit together, your customers grow restless and a group lawsuit will be on the horizon if you don't clear the backlog in September. I know it is not personally your fault, the outlook is simply grim. Thank you for informing us regarding the Minirig line, and that it is not a fraudulent or deliberate delay.

This is the formal response format of somebody who is about to get served

What did you mean by that? If you believe I'm being formal and professional due to imminently being "served" a Minirig, you are incorrect. My order is March 2013, I have awhile until I'm "served". If you meant my tone is that of someone who is going to "serve" legal issues to BFL's door if the backlog isn't flying out in September, you would be correct.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 02:25:02 PM

5 months ago, BFL knew exactly how many boards they needed for their mini-rig orders. Yet somehow, they failed to order a few dozen PCBs? For 5 months, they were unable to order them? Even I don't think BFL was that low on cash. Or that high on dope.

On the other hand, a whole bunch of chips go into those boards and those chips are really expensive. So I could understand BFL waiting until their new chip order arrives (100 days from who knows when) before they make any more mini-rigs. This way they can continue to ship a few Jalapenos each day and show "progress".
OMG, did I just see UNDERSTANDING??? Wow, that must have been a typo! Wink

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 02:42:45 PM

Place your bets!

Butterfly Labs Will NOT have all Gen 1 ASIC Pre Orders Shipped Out before 1st January 2014

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
bcp19

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 04:54:45 PM

Define Pre-Order.

shackleford

Activity: 281

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:25:47 PM

In my opinion every mini rig that is shipped with a pay date later than the current single date is a stolen board from that production line (they use the same boards if I am not mistaken). Every single that is shipped ahead of the current 3rd mini rig ship date is stolen from that line.

They are absolutely not following their 1/3 shipping plan and they are just doing whatever the hell they feel to give the illusion of shipping faster or giving certain people benefits.

They way they are running this show is a completely retarded train wreck.

Furthermore their monarch line released last sat morning starts a whole new pay date regardless of your original pay date unlike current waiting line. The early numbers for that (people who supposedly will get the cards months before people who converted a day or two after the announcement) were sold out almost immediately..Gee I wonder who got the heads up on that....
bcp19

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:35:23 PM

In my opinion every mini rig that is shipped with a pay date later than the current single date is a stolen board from that production line (they use the same boards if I am not mistaken). Every single that is shipped ahead of the current 3rd mini rig ship date is stolen from that line.

They are absolutely not following their 1/3 shipping plan and they are just doing whatever the hell they feel to give the illusion of shipping faster or giving certain people benefits.

Furthermore their monarch line released last sat morning starts a whole new pay date regardless of your original pay date unlike current waiting line. The early numbers for that (people who supposedly will get the cards months before people who converted a day or two after the announcement) were sold out almost immediately..Gee I wonder who got the heads up on that....
wow, they stole for the mini from the singles while stealing for the singles from the mini?  That means they stole from the mini for the mini!!!!!!!!

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:38:18 PM

wow, they stole for the mini from the singles while stealing for the singles from the mini?  That means they stole from the mini for the mini!!!!!!!!
Sonny, is BCP19 your latest sock puppet?
bcp19

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:39:51 PM

Sonny, is BCP19 your latest sock puppet?
You didn't read my signature, did you?  And fyi, it's just bcp19, no need to be formal or shout.

shackleford

Activity: 281

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:11:06 PM

You got it... taking boards form 6/23 MR orders so they can say they are shipping MR 7/28 orders (outside of first month).
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:14:18 AM

bump
bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:38:14 AM

bump
If you're going to do this... DO IT RIGHT!!!

And a Public Service Announcement!
If you have ordered from BFL and have not yet received your product, you are entitled to a refund whenever you request one (per FTC rules).
First ask Butterfly Labs for one, they will probably say no but you might get lucky.
If you ordered via PayPal you can file a complaint with them even if you are outside the 45 day window. One customer has already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days.
If you ordered via BTC or Bank wire, you can fill out a complaint with the FTC and they will advocate for you with BFL to get your refund. You can also contact the office of the Kansas Attorney General and inform them that you have had your money taken with no product delivered for months, just more promises.

There are also several threads on how to get a refund from BFL, here are two:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266945.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272585.0

Bicknellski

Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:24:14 AM

What why is Josh not betting?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:50:52 AM

Nasser probably pulled his credit line after he lost 2000 BTC and didn't pay.  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 04:59:12 AM

Also Posted in Pre-Sales at BFL Forum

MiniRig Line:Concerned
Via Jody's blog, we can conclude the minirig line made ZERO progress from roughly August 15th until today. It seems ONE 500 GH/s unit has been completed since then (as seen on Jody's Update yesterday). If only one 500 GH/s unit has been completed since the 15th, which is 8 days...How, at ONE 500 GH/s unit EVERY 8 DAYS, will BFL ever complete the backlog?

If BFL is purposely slowing the Minirig line, to force big-money investors to switch their investment to the Monarch line, this would be very troubling.

I welcome BFL to clarify why this line, which so much money has been dumped into by customers, is moving so slowly...Neglect, lack of coordination, or fraud?

Also, since I have 1.5 TH/s to my order...Can I assume, at one 500GH/s rig every 8 days, my order will take 24 DAYS to build and fulfill?

Thanks for your time

PS: I'm not an angry troll, I've invested in the Minirig line and I'm extremely concerned at the lack of progress. And seemingly no effort to correct it..

Are no other MiniRig purchasers as concerned as I am?

Hello EvilLizardApparel,

Just wanted to let you know that MiniRig line was not slowed down in any way, we were just waiting for new boards to arrive to the facility.

Regards,
Nasser

Nasser,

Your presence in this thread is refreshing. I am glad you came here to actually execute some customer service, and didn't come in here calling concerned customers "monumental assholes". However, by now you should not be running out of chips or other parts...You are in "full production" and have a huge backlog to fill. Your customers did not shell out millions for you guys to still not be at the top of your game after all these months. Your customers are on the cusp of having a failed investment in your company, we have had our faith in you and despair at being continually disappointed. We accepted the reduced specs of your products, now we need you to actually produce and ship them in a timely and competent manner.

Thank you for taking the time to post though, Nasser. You better tell your production coordinators to get there shit together, your customers grow restless and a group lawsuit will be on the horizon if you don't clear the backlog in September. I know it is not personally your fault, the outlook is simply grim. Thank you for informing us regarding the Minirig line, and that it is not a fraudulent or deliberate delay.

This is the formal response format of somebody who is about to get served

What did you mean by that? If you believe I'm being formal and professional due to imminently being "served" a Minirig, you are incorrect. My order is March 2013, I have awhile until I'm "served". If you meant my tone is that of someone who is going to "serve" legal issues to BFL's door if the backlog isn't flying out in September, you would be correct.

I am glad we got there Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:02:19 PM

Ordering an item that is not yet in stock or ready to send to you.

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:05:03 PM

Need a new term for BFL.

Not quite a Pre-Order something that you never intend on producing then supplant it with "newer" model that costs more and takes even longer to produce.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:18:31 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2013, 03:05:25 PM by bcp19

This is where you and I disagree.  A pre-order is an order placed for an item which has not yet been released.  When BFL changed their pricing in April, that is when pre-orders ended.  At that point in time they knew how much each unit would cost and began taking orders.  Those can be considered back-orders since they do not have enough on hand to ship them.

I know this is going to start a new Flame war over BFL, but the truth that no one understands is that when Josh said all pre-orders(sic) would ship by September, he was looking at my definition.  Just like everyone does not understand lifetime warranty.  Just because *you* think it means *your* lifetime, 99% of the time it means the lifetime of the product in the market.

So, will BFL have shipped all pre-orders by Jan 1?  Yup.  Will they have shipped ALL orders?  Doubtful.

You should really re-word your bet, I could bet against you and take you to court and win the way it is worded now.

ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:41:07 PM

I ain't taking that bet.

I'm still waiting for my Jalepenos, fyi.

Anybody that throws more money at BFL hoping for actual shipped hardware has more money then sense. I've learned my lesson.
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 08:53:51 PM

Kinda contradicting yourself there  Shocked Roll Eyes

They haven't slowed down except for the part where they came to a full and complete stop when the parts ran out for a week or two.

Its BFL speak. They train them.

BFL Trainer: Hello new recruit, do you know what time it is?

New Recruit: Yes I do.

BFL Trainer: Well done!   Let's try another.....   Has the assembly line slowed down?

New Recruit: No

BFL Trainer: Very Good.... One More question.....  I have a customer that says they are losing money because you haven't shipped his item. What do you say?

New Recruit: Butterfly Labs has shipped more than anyone else therefore we control the change in difficulty.

BFL Trainer: Well done, go to the shoutbox and make Ascii Art.

creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 09:21:30 PM

Sadly Nasser comes off as the most sensible and reasonable of all the BFL con artists and his post in this thread is still contradictory bs designed to placate.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: