Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:30:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL MiniRig Line:Concerned  (Read 6986 times)
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:52:30 PM

I was waiting on hearing that the FTC or AG had done anything for anyone so far considering the numbers of pissed off customers.  That avenue has turned up a big nada currently. 
Have you heard anyone have any success with a refund from BFL that was not related to paypal or CC?

7 months later and they're still months from being able to ship your order. I would be on the phone with them demanding a refund every single day, several times a day.

Buy & Hold
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:56:33 PM

Unfortunately considering the lack of positive news on peoples refunds, I have not gone down that route.  My time is worth much more than calling BFL daily for nothing.

If some success actually happens in the community then my priorities will obviously change.

EDIT: No one should have to be in the position I am in right now.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 04:15:21 PM

Unfortunately considering the lack of positive news on peoples refunds, I have not gone down that route.  My time is worth much more than calling BFL daily for nothing.

If some success actually happens in the community then my priorities will obviously change.

EDIT: No one should have to be in the position I am in right now.

Agreed. Given the failures they should give refunds when requested.

Not heard anyone getting relief from FTC or AG at this time. Although I am not sure there has been an "avalanche" of claims filed. More in the pipeline could move it along faster no?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 05:53:25 PM

Unfortunately it is a Feb minirig so no small claims.

Have you contacted the FTC and Kansas AG? The FTC will go to bat for you to get a refund.

I was waiting on hearing that the FTC or AG had done anything for anyone so far considering the numbers of pissed off customers.  That avenue has turned up a big nada currently. 
Have you heard anyone have any success with a refund from BFL that was not related to paypal or CC?

The regulators and law enforcement agencies have to make a conscious decision to pursue a matter of this type (which is why more complaints = more likely they will spend resources to investigate).  Even if they know about it (which they clearly do at this point) they may decide (for any number of reasons) not to pursue it.  With that said IF they do decide to "go after" BFL it will be methodical, slow and fact based.  They will take there time and build a rock solid case (remember a win is all that matters to these folks and their careers, not the consumers best interest).  Lastly there is a very real possibility that the AG may be diving much deeper than say UCC laws, FTC regulations.  If they are investigating BFL and Sonny they may be looking for other violations.  There as so many laws on the books that they may be looking at other avenues to pursue as well.  IANAL and I don't have specifics in mind but it's not hard to believe they may be looking at mail fraud, wire fraud, false advertising tax evasion and the list goes on for a long time.

Just because law enforcement hasn't taken action yet doesn't mean they aren't and won't however you and I won't hear about it until well after BFL does!  They will not tip their hand and they have all the time in the world so to speak.

How long did it take from Pirate disappearing until the SEC went balls deep recently?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:23:35 PM

Buy & Hold
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 10:30:18 PM

Unfortunately it is a Feb minirig so no small claims.

Have you contacted the FTC and Kansas AG? The FTC will go to bat for you to get a refund.

The filing of FTC complaints has coincided with refunds awarded. We cannot know exactly what made BFL cave in, but people have received BTC refunds. It costs you nothing to fill out an online form, but it may yield results. Perhaps BFL is just refusing to refund orders it knows are from people who won't put up a fight Wink

In any case, the FTC would advocate for you directly with BFL before it began any sort of investigation. If you get your refund, case closed.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 10:48:01 PM

The filing of FTC complaints has coincided with refunds awarded. We cannot know exactly what made BFL cave in, but people have received BTC refunds. It costs you nothing to fill out an online form, but it may yield results. Perhaps BFL is just refusing to refund orders it knows are from people who won't put up a fight Wink

In any case, the FTC would advocate for you directly with BFL before it began any sort of investigation. If you get your refund, case closed.

Do have any sources for this info? I would be most interested.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 06:13:48 AM

Do have any sources for this info? I would be most interested.

I know bitching to the FTC can yield results.  There's no harm in trying it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: