Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:39:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL MiniRig Line:Concerned  (Read 6983 times)
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:44:42 AM

We could have added 10 years of error margin as well.

That's probably a good idea for the Monarch product. Then you might ship on time.

Buy & Hold

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:46:25 AM

I must add two small notes:

[...snip...]

2) The sensitivity in our situation comes from the fact that initial delays were incurred. Long story short, at best we could have added 2 months error margin to the initial timeline given to us (which we did). In order to know what the exact delay is going to be (in any project), you need to know the future. We would've purchased a crystal-ball to let us know in advance.. but the company that makes crystal-balls just went out of business...

Regards,
Nasser

Is that because...

1... the suppliers weren't shipping crystal fast enough to the company that makes crystal balls?
2... they hauled the crystal balls out the back door for their own or friends use?
3... they forgot to order the enough crystal before the magic eight ball company came onto the scene?
4... they should have had a fully automated assembly line filled with crystal ball making robots?
5... other?

Cheesy
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:52:04 AM

1) The true number of employees involved in the process are at least several thousand. You must include all the employees that are involved in FedEx for example (or any other carrier we use to ship different components around), to employees in all the companies in the supply chain, PCB and assembly divisions, Wafer Foundry, etc ... The list goes on and on.

2) The sensitivity in our situation comes from the fact that initial delays were incurred. Long story short, at best we could have added 2 months error margin to the initial timeline given to us (which we did). In order to know what the exact delay is going to be (in any project), you need to know the future. We would've purchased a crystal-ball to let us know in advance.. but the company that makes crystal-balls just went out of business...

Regards,
Nasser

I am sorry to have to correct you, but at best you could have added a 10 month error margin. Then you would be shipping on time, instead of very very late.
Other companies manage to use FedEx without being 10 months late. They also manage to make PCBs without being 10 months late. Indeed the list goes on and on.

Even at this late juncture, you are still pushing your own failures off onto other companies. If you can't manage to ship things via FedEx, you probably shouldn't be selling things over the internet.

We could have added 10 years of error margin as well. But to know the exact number, you need to know the future.

Regards,
Nasser

P.S. The FedEx example was used to demonstrate how little logistic elements can affect an active production line, it was not related to the initial delay in any way.

If only anyone had any idea what was actually responsible for the delay. So far, reports have dribbled out that the boards were late, then the boards were wrong, and the chips were late, and the chips had problems, then the boards were redesigned, but the cases are wrong, so the cases were redesigned, but the power supplies have issues, now power supplies are just missing. Train wreck, made worse by opacity and the worst PR debacle since Paul Christoforo.

It doesn't matter if you outsource or if you did it all in house. Failure is failure. Shirking responsibility and blaming your subcontractors is not confidence building.

Bitfury has proven that it is possible to make high performance chips and deliver them on time and in high volume.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 02:08:19 AM

On the bflfraud site, you can see the guy's partner saying he called up BFL and paid extra money to take earlier delivery of minirigs from people who simply bought them online via their website. ie : paying to skip in line

(edit : I didn't read the whole thread so maybe this was already mentionned. Sorry it that is the case)

We don't do that... it's immoral and dishonest.

Regards,
Nasser

Unlike lying about every milestone to date.

OR

Ripping off the elderly to the tune of Millions.

That shit is legit and above board.

Sorry, dude, you hitched yourself to the wrong horse.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 03:42:49 AM

Stop speaking QAUSI PLAUSIABLE TECHNO speak babble to confuse  the mass's of peopel who dont know any better

EVERY single component in your supply chain has either a SLA or a MTB or Qaulity factor % that are within 98.9% accurate

That leaves 1 1/5 of a very small number  down to chance ..

1)you would knwo this if u where an engineer
2)you are just trying to sell your spin to the people AGAIN with ""YEAH THAT SOUNDS FAIR RUBBISH"

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 08:03:11 AM

[...snip...]

Regards,
Nasser

Is that because...

1... the suppliers weren't shipping crystal fast enough to the company that makes crystal balls?
2... they hauled the crystal balls out the back door for their own or friends use?
3... they forgot to order the enough crystal before the magic eight ball company came onto the scene?
4... they should have had a fully automated assembly line filled with crystal ball making robots?
5... other?

Cheesy

Lol.

Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:57:45 PM

Nasser, not sure what you're trying to achieve here. My best guess is that you want me to photoshop you a clown nose Wink

Either you are totally naive, totally retarded - or a total crook like the rest of your posse.

1) The true number of employees involved in the process are at least several thousand. You must include all the employees that are involved in FedEx for example ...

The true number is actually millions. Because all those FedEx workers have to eat. Therefore McDonalds, KFC & Wendy's personal is needed. And they all have to get dressed. So lots of people at Footlocker and Wal-Mart are needed as well. Plus shitloads of poor Chinese workers. etc. ....

You realize how complex your task of designing an ASIC was? And what a genius you and your colleagues are?

/irony off

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
YipYip

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 10:04:15 PM

Nasser, not sure what you're trying to achieve here. My best guess is that you want me to photoshop you a clown nose Wink

Either you are totally naive, totally retarded - or a total crook like the rest of your posse.

1) The true number of employees involved in the process are at least several thousand. You must include all the employees that are involved in FedEx for example ...

The true number is actually millions. Because all those FedEx workers have to eat. Therefore McDonalds, KFC & Wendy's personal is needed. And they all have to get dressed. So lots of people at Footlocker and Wal-Mart are needed as well. Plus shitloads of poor Chinese workers. etc. ....

You realize how complex your task of designing an ASIC was? And what a genius you and your colleagues are?

/irony off

If Nasser is an engineer who has suddenly learnt fluent english ...I am batman  Cool

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 09:26:56 AM

/irony off

If Nasser is an engineer who has suddenly learnt fluent english ...I am batman  Cool

<takes sip of Kool Aid, bites tongue>
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 09:47:33 AM

BitFury miners are shipping NOW as promised by Buzzdave with zero lies or other BS. KnC and others will hopefully follow this trend.

There is no need to support this sad joke of a company any longer. If we would stop sending them money for bullshit "Pre-orders" they would go away.

YipYip

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 12:32:06 PM

BitFury miners are shipping NOW as promised by Buzzdave with zero lies or other BS. KnC and others will hopefully follow this trend.

There is no need to support this sad joke of a company any longer. If we would stop sending them money for bullshit "Pre-orders" they would go away.

In ~ 20 days every single product left on BFL's back order will be officially NEGATIVE ROI.... @ this point you will see people getting onto jet planes & finally the shit will hit the fan...

I agree BuzzDave has passed the moral test & has gone to hell & back with bASIC...It  Is really good to see him land on his feet Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 12:58:14 PM

BitFury: 400 GH/s, 300 watts, $8000, shipping in under two months.
BFL: 500 GH/s, 2600 watts, $22484, shipping in over two months.

I can't imagine why anyone with a BFL minirig doesn't immediately cancel their order. BitFury is better in every way.

Buy & Hold
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 01:01:22 PM

I can't imagine why anyone with a BFL minirig doesn't immediately cancel their order. BitFury is better in every way.

Because you we can't get your our money back.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 01:03:59 PM

Because you can't get your money back.

Not trying hard enough... or... BFL won't give refunds even though they are in Violation of FTC regs?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Cablez
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 01:05:09 PM

Both I would say.  Lawyering up may just be throwing good money after bad.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 01:28:57 PM

Aye.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:18:28 PM

If it isn't a mini-rig, go to small claims court.

Cablez
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:21:54 PM

Unfortunately it is a Feb minirig so no small claims.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:42:56 PM

Have you contacted the FTC and Kansas AG? The FTC will go to bat for you to get a refund.

Cablez
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:49:32 PM

Have you contacted the FTC and Kansas AG? The FTC will go to bat for you to get a refund.

I was waiting on hearing that the FTC or AG had done anything for anyone so far considering the numbers of pissed off customers.  That avenue has turned up a big nada currently. 
Have you heard anyone have any success with a refund from BFL that was not related to paypal or CC?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: