Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:57:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If you plan to use the forum, put a mark of confidence down.
I plan to use the new forum. - 21 (65.6%)
^ this (-5) - 11 (34.4%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [IN PROGRESS] A new Bitcoin forum. Design paper finished.  (Read 4126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 06:02:57 AM

Quote from: DiamondCardz link=topic=280190.msg3005854#msg3005854
in CoinChat
Use WhiskChat, it's less censored.
The discussion room for this is #bitcointalk (/sr bitcointalk to go there/ /sr main to go back)

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 06:04:00 AM

Hmm isn't this Matts mission

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 08:12:48 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 09:00:20 AM by BadBear

Seriously? You just removed a post that critisised something? I see you're all in for "no censorship"

No, I removed the post because you didn't read anything I said in CoinChat, or in the post above, or in the OP. Also, you have a new PM that I see you're ignoring.

Criticizing it? Nah, you're trying to shit on me. I wanted to record who wanted to use the forum, that's what I'm doing.

LOL, that's censoring!!

I don't define deleting annoying or trolling posts as censoring.

TBH, Boelens doesn't like me and I don't like him, most of his arguments are purely so that he can annoy me or try to bash me.
Op

This might be the exact reason why people like MNW are banned (he was handpicked from the group of trolls to be banned due trolling).
It's all about personal relations and right now you are doing the censoring because of personal relation. There's no much point for you to talk about non-censoring forums anymore, right? It just doesn't work this way.

MNW doesn't attack theymos because of personal relation. Boelens attacks me because of personal relation.

What? Are you serious? They've been a part of the same community for years, theymos gave matt a scammer tag not once, but twice, and also an untrustworthy tag, not to mention matt was a mod for a while and got demoted for the same reasons as the scammer tag, matt has also been banned at least 7 or 8 times in his time here,  but you think it's nothing personal? Shit between them is far more personal than between you and Boelens.

If you want to make a new forum, great, but don't pretend that your particular brand of censorship is more fair just because.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 09:36:31 AM

Seriously? You just removed a post that critisised something? I see you're all in for "no censorship"

No, I removed the post because you didn't read anything I said in CoinChat, or in the post above, or in the OP. Also, you have a new PM that I see you're ignoring.

Criticizing it? Nah, you're trying to shit on me. I wanted to record who wanted to use the forum, that's what I'm doing.

LOL, that's censoring!!

TBH, Boelens doesn't like me and I don't like him, most of his arguments are purely so that he can annoy me or try to bash me.
Op

This might be the exact reason why people like MNW are banned (he was handpicked from the group of trolls to be banned due trolling).
It's all about personal relations and right now you are doing the censoring because of personal relation. There's no much point for you to talk about non-censoring forums anymore, right? It just doesn't work this way.

MNW doesn't attack theymos because of personal relation. Boelens attacks me because of personal relation.

What? Are you serious? They've been a part of the same community for years, theymos gave matt a scammer tag not once, but twice, and also an untrustworthy tag, not to mention matt was a mod for a while and got demoted for the same reasons as the scammer tag, matt has also been banned at least 7 or 8 times in his time here,  but you think it's nothing personal?

Matt was a mod? ._.

Does anyone sell a book on Bitcointalk history by any chance?

* DiamondCardz isn't going to even argue against, you win this time

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 09:41:28 AM

LOL, that's censoring!!

Op

What? Are you serious? They've been a part of the same community for years, theymos gave matt a scammer tag not once, but twice, and also an untrustworthy tag, not to mention matt was a mod for a while and got demoted for the same reasons as the scammer tag, matt has also been banned at least 7 or 8 times in his time here,  but you think it's nothing personal?

Matt was a mod? ._.

[/size]

Nope but if you read around long enough you see a lot of undercurrents that most people don't notice :p
(Guess you could check an old MNW post on what his forum life story is)
If everyone had one xd

DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 09:47:51 AM

LOL, that's censoring!!

Op

Matt was a mod? ._.

Nope but if you read around long enough you see a lot of undercurrents that most people don't notice :p
(Guess you could check an old MNW post on what his forum life story is)
If everyone had one xd

Lol, yeah. But damn, that's a lot of stuff.

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 10:00:49 AM

I lost it was on a watchlist long ago of mine but my post count is high now and I think it was locked so it's somewhere

axus

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 04:58:14 PM

Please tell me more about how I censor people. I deleted 1 post because the poster ignored my messages in a chatroom, (is still ignoring my PM,) didn't read my post on why I changed it, and because the poster bashes me due to personal relations.

Why are you so important that you can't be ignored?  If I bash theymos and then ignore him, is it OK for him to delete my posts here?
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 05:30:59 PM

The thread has developed into an episode of Keyboard Warriors. To stop the spam on this thread, a new thread will be made on the test forum when it is up.

Please tell me more about how I censor people. I deleted 1 post because the poster ignored my messages in a chatroom, (is still ignoring my PM,) didn't read my post on why I changed it, and because the poster bashes me due to personal relations.

Why are you so important that you can't be ignored?  If I bash theymos and then ignore him, is it OK for him to delete my posts here?

If you're bashing just because you don't like him, I wouldn't call it censorship if he deletes your post once because he gets aggravated. If he deletes your posts excessively, then there is a problem.

HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 02:45:32 AM

Is there an estimated completion date? I would to help out any way I can.
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 11:21:55 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2013, 09:03:30 PM by DiamondCardz

Is there an estimated completion date? I would to help out any way I can.

>> Test forum will be up either tomorrow or the day after. Hopefully tomorrow, though.
>> Reach 50 supporters, open donation fund with a goal of 5 BTC
> 2 BTC for hosting for a year >> 3 BTC for advertising campaigns and such
>> Launch full site after ~a week to give time for SMF to be set up, plugins (e.g PM encryption) to be set up, SSL to be installed, etc...

So the estimated completion date really depends on how quickly we can get supporters for this project. Judging by the current rate, I'd say 2 or 3 weeks tops.

Edited Section II.

e4xit

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:28:25 AM

The thread has developed into an episode of Keyboard Warriors. To stop the spam on this thread, a new thread will be made on the test forum when it is up.

If you're bashing just because you don't like him, I wouldn't call it censorship if he deletes your post once because he gets aggravated. If he deletes your posts excessively, then there is a problem.

So if I don't like you and "bash" you, you can then censor me, but that isn't censorship? Is that really what you are trying to sell to me right now? I'm not sure you have thought this through...You do realise that that is just like, your opinion man.

You say you would be allowed to delete my post "once" if I did this, but "excessively" would be "a problem", so what about twice? Is that a problem? What about three deletions?

Perhaps somebody with a little more "life experience" (read: age) might be good to have on board as an advisor when you try to start your new forum to help you understand better what might constitute censorship, and when in fact you might be reacting disproportionately to something that you don't personally like, for whatever reason.

Or perhaps you should simply better outline your own definition of censorship, as it obviously differs from the standard definition that everyone else works to:

Censorship is the suppression of speech or other public communication which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or inconvenient as determined by a government, media outlet or other controlling body.

Notice how it specifically metions objectionable and harmful speech/communication, you seem to have completely missed what the term censorship is about, but as I have suggested, you could modify the term to your own liking in your forums' rules, I guess.

Just something to think about

Not your keys, not your coins.
CoinJoin, always.
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 08:36:15 AM

Censorship is the suppression of speech or other public communication which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or inconvenient as determined by a government, media outlet or other controlling body.

Notice how it specifically metions objectionable and harmful speech/communication, you seem to have completely missed what the term censorship is about, but as I have suggested, you could modify the term to your own liking in your forums' rules, I guess.

This is quite funny. I deleted a post because the person is making biased claims and failing to read, am I a dictator now? Lmao.

phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:41:14 AM

This is quite funny. I deleted a post because the person is making biased claims and failing to read, am I a dictator now? Lmao.

There is no other way to say this but yes. You have revoked his expression of his opinion and deleted his posts, because you didn't like them. That is censorship. His posts did not contain any sign of spam.
Get your basics straight and rethink your position in this case. E4xit is totally right.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
e4xit

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:44:45 AM

There is no other way to say this but yes. You have revoked his expression of his opinion and deleted his posts, because you didn't like them. That is censorship. His posts did not contain any sign of spam.
Get your basics straight and rethink your position in this case. E4xit is totally right.

The bit I am most concerned about is that you still do not seem to understand.

Not your keys, not your coins.
CoinJoin, always.
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 08:45:21 AM

Why are you so important that you can't be ignored?  If I bash theymos and then ignore him, is it OK for him to delete my posts here?

So by that logic, every single moderator takes part in censorship.

EDIT: Like I said in the OP, I'm moving the thread to the test forum. The test forum is almost complete, give me half an hour.

DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 09:01:52 AM

Test forum: http://www.freebitcoins.pw/

DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 05:39:52 PM

http://www.freebitcoins.pw/index.php?topic=11.0

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: