Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:35:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin - altcoin  (Read 330 times)
marcoenunyil (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:13:51 PM

I just started with buying some crypto coins and have a lot to learn.

But almost every time when Bitcoin is up, al lot of the other coins also go up. And the moment Bitcoin drops , the other coins also drop. Is this just a coincidence or is htis how it always works? Can someone explain this to me?
micafund

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:20:04 PM

But almost every time when Bitcoin is up, al lot of the other coins also go up. And the moment Bitcoin drops , the other coins also drop. Is this just a coincidence or is htis how it always works? Can someone explain this to me?

Well actually from last years pattern, Bitcoin goes up others go down, and when Bitcoin stabilized and go sideways, others will rise.
etherclassic

Activity: 317
Merit: 141

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:24:48 PM

Well basically there are no people who know about the future include movement of the price, the explanation about the the movement of price is on analysis technical and fundamental to prediction of price, if you want do trading altcoins fair bitcoin first step must know about the candle chart to prediction of the price.
amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:26:25 PM

I have often seen the behavior of crypto market like that. I think it's natural. Due to the fact, all crypto will return to the original. but, believe it if you buy altcoin that has a good ecosystem  you will not be disappointed

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:53:16 PM

First of all,there is no connection between the price of bitcoin and altcoins.Every coin's price will be based on their own demand and supply.
But there is an indirect relation between them like when the price bitcoin price increasing it creates positive thoughts among the crypo investors so they will also buy the altcoins in the thought of altcoins price also will go to moon on one day as bitcoin does.So when there is the price increase in bitcoin other coins also increasing.

Well actually from last years pattern, Bitcoin goes up others go down, and when Bitcoin stabilized and go sideways, others will rise.
As you said last year bitcoin price was goes up and others are falling this may happened due to every cryotocurrency jumping from their holdings to bitcoin because there is a rapid increase in the price like bitcoin price jumped from $4000 to $18000 in three months.
awazieik

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 01:11:51 PM

Well this happens because when Bitcoin is down, a lot of people cash out of their altcoins to get bitcoin. The market is so unpredictable and soon enough, you will see that there is no correlation between bitcoin and altcoins

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Svafnir74

Activity: 318
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:22:42 PM

There is a correlation between bitcoin and other coins, there is even a correlation table on the Internet. Search and find.
marcoenunyil (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:36:57 PM

hypothetically: If Bitcoin stay at the current value of even lower, wil altcoins be able to grow much higher (eventually)?
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:45:19 PM

there isn't exactly a connection between bitcoin and altcoin prices but as others mentioned most of the times there is this connection that whenever bitcoin is either rising or falling, altcoins drop and whenever bitcoin stabilizes altcoins rise.

my guess is that it is because the altcoin market is more like a side market like penny stocks even which nobody is taking seriously despite what the advertisements say. because of that whenever bitcoin market is more active all traders take their money there so altcoins drop.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Kryptonitka

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Bitcoin ATOM FORK 1 BTC = 1 BCA

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:45:35 PM

No, it was not always. Just at the moment, bitcoin shows good volotility, and you can make good money on it. Therefore, many play with bitcoin and do not invest in altcoins. When bitcoin calms down, the altcoyins start to live their life, do not depend on bitcoin.

sergienkoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:55:18 PM

hypothetically: If Bitcoin stay at the current value of even lower, wil altcoins be able to grow much higher (eventually)?

Certainly can. Most likely it will.
Bitcoin will not be able to increase the cost as much as altcoins. Even in 2017, many altcoins showed staggering growth, while bitcoin has grown almost 20 times.
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:11:23 PM

Bitcoin value is define the most of the altcoins value because bitcoin circulation is affected in the market automatically some other altcoins circulation also affected and demand also reduced in the market so majority of the coins values are down but not all the coins. This is kind of issue it is not a main problem. Because last week affected in all the coins values this is Korea government banned in cryptocurrency so all the cryptocurrencies are affected in the market Dont confuse the Bitcoin and altcoin drop.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
queky18

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:12:16 PM

Let's improve education via blockchain Smiley BTC
Signing up  on BitDegree platform ( a 1 minute to do account )  will gave you one stake of tokens when BDG will be distributed from 1 to 15 Februrary.
Don't forget to add your eth address there for sending them.
https://stude.co/115104
markovi4mark

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:17:58 PM

Bitcoin is the main coin, the father of all crypto. Therefore, many coins depend on bitcoin. But the growth rate for all is different. If you are a newbie, I would in your place look at altcoins.
Ereun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:28:14 PM

All that because of our concern about the price decline, so we sell Bitcoin without thinking, because we think better 60% loss than not returning at all. That is the cause of the destruction of Price,
Just because of supply, demand and speculation. It should be understood that the inter coin has a relationship with one another not to mention the currency market.
danniwide1234

Activity: 133

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:45:21 PM

I can say from my trading experience That the price of bitcoin have an effect on the price of altcoins. when bitcoin rise in price, the price of most altcoins falls. The same thing happens when the price of bitcoins falls. When the price of bitcoin is stable, the price of most altcoins rises. It can safely be assume that what happened to bitcoin will definitely affect altcoins.

abhishek273b

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:54:00 PM

:)I have often seen the behavior of crypto market like that. I think it's natural. Due to the fact, all crypto will return to the original. but, believe it if you buy altcoin that has a good ecosystem  you will not be disappointed Smiley
Shaofalova

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 02:58:21 PM

All it because Bitcoin is main. When it falls people's withdraw money from alt coins to fiat money.. And when Bitcoin is consolidate, altcoins is grow.

Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:02:20 PM

actually it was not like this before. last year whenever bitcoin was raising all altcoins was falling like crazy. But nowadays as you said alts mostly follow bitcoins trend.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:05:58 PM

actually it was not like this before. last year whenever bitcoin was raising all altcoins was falling like crazy. But nowadays as you said alts mostly follow bitcoins trend.

last year this is what we are able to see but know a lot of changes may ever do for cause we see some progress about altcoin but this is may not the end about bitcoin but to see that bitcoin may now ever see to be more fair about so altcoin are making some most common thing to be for.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: