Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:16:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VER 2.0, Introducing DZ Escrow *Coordinator* Services for Group Buyers & Sellers  (Read 8260 times)
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:12:35 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2013, 01:27:26 AM by DyslexicZombei

☂ Index of Posts for DyslexicZombei's (DZ) Group Buy Escrow Coordinator Services, Ver. 2.0 ☂

1. Index Post

2. The Trust issues related to sending BTC to strangers for ASIC Pre-orders

3. Process Explanation / Our Services and Transaction Fees involved

4. About me / Terms and Conditions

5. Instructions for Group Buyers of Pre-orders for ASIC miners, chips, fans, cases, and PSUs

6. Instructions for Group Buy Coordinators to plan (Optional Service 0.1% fee), set up and close out a successful Group Buy / MATCHMAKING SERVICES FOR HOSTS AND MINERS LOOKING FOR HOSTS

7. Refund Terms - Discouraged due to chaos that ensues in GBs but understandable in emergencies / Dispute Resolution and Arbitration / FAQ

8. How I came up with these services / My online and offline endorsements

9. About your first ever Group Buy Escrow Coordinators Cooperative. Interested in joining?

10. First GBEC Service clients!

11. Escrow+ (Plus) Services - 0.1% in-depth Pre-Planning Fee to greatly improve your chances of succeeding in your first Group Buy

12. Example of a Win/Win Deal I coordinated / Client and BTC Talk Forum member comments

13. [NEW] Instructions for getting vetted for free as a new Miner Host or Group Buy Coordinator by DZ

Bonus: musical gems from a former Club DJ (another hat)

- http://www.mixcloud.com/aisel/humanista-ryuichi-sakamoto-dj-shadow/ (NSFW Language)
- https://soundcloud.com/bynar/bynar-heaven-in-my-sombre-world
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deti5MUD5dw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:14:04 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2013, 07:48:10 AM by DyslexicZombei

#2: The Trust issues related to sending BTC to strangers for ASIC Pre-orders:
Problems & a Potential Solution

===========================================================================================

The Problems:

1) Sellers POV: For a new or would-be Group Buy Coordinator it can be difficult to set up a successful Group Buy without Escrow Protection. Unfortunately, the BTC escrow agents are very busy and can only service a portion of the Group Buy community. Setting up and closing out an escrowed transaction can also be slow which is costly in terms of lost ROI.

2) Group Buyers POV: Group Buys are scary enough as it is, many buyers want the guaranteed Escrow protection of their BTC assets and 3rd Party Dispute Resolution that comes built in with Escrow Depository services and the safety of knowing that their BTC purchased shares can't be stolen or the funds taken without recourse.

3) Try to make it automated or most of it automated [Tip 'o the hat to CanaryInTheMine] while still keeping buyers safe.

Even with these problems, Escrowed Group Buys can *still* make sense to get the best value and access to hardware you normally wouldn't have access to:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=274722.0

The Solution:

Form a Group Buy Escrow *Coordinator* Cooperative of trusted BTC Escrow affiliates with integrity, redundancy, and speed as its primary assets. Use BTCrow as an automated escrow service with 3rd party dispute resolution.

A good network is speedy and serves your needs when you need it. A great network is one that is both speedy *and* redundant, hence a Co-op instead of relying on a single agent.  An awesome network is one that filled needs you didn't even know you had, that's built with your best available resources, is well planned out, speedy, redundant, and designed to fit the tailored needs of everyone involved.

We're building a GBEC Cooperative Mesh Network to fit the needs of *this* forum. What's this, you may say?

===========================================================================================

Story Time:

If you can compare a Wedding to a Group Buy, in this case (and no disrespect is intended to any religion): the “Reverend” or “Priest” of the Group Buy is the Escrow Service - such as John K. and BTCrow - which can act as a legal Escrow Depository and 3rd party arbiter for BTC transactions. Using this analogy, the “Wedding Coordinator” of the Group Buy is my Group Buy Escrow Coordinator Cooperative. [ Full Disclaimer: I am an approved BTCrow affiliate. I have provided them evidence of my intentions via forum links in my application.]

Our Co-op is NOT an Escrow Depository. We don't hold anyone's BTC; BTCrow holds it in escrow until the pre-order is ready to be paid and all buyers release BTC funds upon notification of a Completed ASIC Pre-Order Group Buy..

Only when the Group Buy is sold out and the pre-order is made by the Group Buy Coordinator or the GBEC Cooperative on behalf of the Group Buyers, and after the funds are released by every one of the Group Buyers involved will BTC be released to the Co-op as your official expediter/order organizer. The delivery address must be agreed to by the weighted majority of the Group Buyers. BTCrow usually handles digital goods or physical items but I've found a way to use their automated Escrow services for digital goods to suit our purposes. BTCrow has been made aware of this plan.

In this case, our GBEC Co-op is selling you a completed Escrowed Group Buy Pre-order on the ASIC equipment of your choice (to also include ASIC chips, fans, cases, PSUs!)

We also don't handle Dispute Resolution either during or post-sales, that's also handled by BTCrow. What we do handle is Coordinating, Expediting, and Finishing your Escrowed Pre-order or Wholesale Group Buy on ASIC or ASIC related hardware. However, if the "marriage" fails 5 months later or so, you cannot expect to hold the "Priest" or the Coordinator responsible for THAT disaster.

==========================================================================

For new Group Buy Coordinators, for a very modest fee (0.1%), before you even publish your Group Buy we even offer Coaching and Mentoring services that should greatly improve your Group Buy's odds of success as well as it's placement in the queue!

Sound confusing? It's really not!

New jobs are going to be created in the future and this is just one of them! To make it easier: Please read the following posts below for the sections relevant to you. Please make sure to read Post 4 for Terms and Conditions that you agree to before completing a transaction.

Think carefully before paying for a share or shares: if you seek a refund, BTCrow charges a 1% fee for their Escrow/Dispute Resolution services which is non-refundable. A Coordinator service refund fee of 0.5% will also apply for time/effort spent trying to assist you in your part of a Group Buy.

* If you're a new or a relatively new Group Buy Coordinator for an upfront paid fee of only 0.1% of the size of the proposed Group Buy a Group Buy Escrow Coordinator (GBEC) such as myself will offer coaching and mentoring services to greatly improve your chances of success. For example, if you're trying to put together a 50BTC transaction and you want to improve your chances with Escrow, you would be charged 0.05 BTC for our Coaching/Mentoring. This is a modest fee to get started on attaining something that could be out of reach with the resources you have available. We can help you meet your Group Buy funding goals! *
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:15:13 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2013, 11:46:18 PM by DyslexicZombei

#3 Process Explanation / Our Services and Transaction Fees involved: How this whole thing works from A-DZ

I propose to offer this Group Buy Escrow *Coordinator* Service to be an Expediter and Order Organizer for ASIC group buys. I am *not* offering Escrow Depository services. However, I can offer access to 3rd party Escrow services and Dispute Resolution. I cannot and do not hold customer funds (BTCrow holds it in Escrow). I *will* sell you an escrowed share or several at a 2% fee (1% for BTCrow, 1% for our services) to facilitate quick and efficient Group Buys for both Buyers and Sellers.

Another new advantage of our service: You can purchase these shares and utilize our GBEC services even if your Group Buy doesn't offer escrow!

I set up an escrowed *buy* for your share(s) of a Group Buy on BTCrow. If/When it comes time to release funds: I sell completed Escrowed Pre-order miners and wholesale orders of ASIC related hardware in order to benefit the Group Buy community.

This Cooperative is not holding anyone's funds hostage. If there isn't enough demand, BTCrow retains their 1% fee for their services already rendered and I refund the Group Buyers their funds via BTCrow minus 0.5% of the 1% markup (1.2% for long term buys) we add to your share price in order to utilize our GBEC Cooperative services via BTCrow.

Instructions for Group Buyers

To reserve and pay for your escrowed share(s) in a BTC Talk Group Buys Forum Group Buy, contact me via PM with your intentions and BCC the GB Coordinator for record keeping purposes. Afterwards, separately, send just me:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=140437

a *Second* PM where you include the GB link and your email address to send the BTCrow invoice (this keeps your email address private between GBEC Cooperative and Group Buyer).

Example: Subject: DZ HF GB, 2 shares, 3.1 BTC, user JohnJacobDingleberrySmith.

I will set up a transaction just for you on BTCrow. I will then notify the GBC of your notification of ownership of shares in your Group Buy and that funds await completion of the Pre-order. The escrow account for this transaction will be held by BTCrow until you release the funds.

In other words: you can now send BTC to BTCrow ahead of time for your pre-order shares and *wait* until the Group Buy is complete and equipment pre-ordered *before* releasing your funds for immediate BTC payment of the order we organized, coordinated, and already pre-ordered.

Conditions necessary for a completed ASIC Pre-order

BTC sent by Group Buyers and held in Escrow by BTCrow will *not* be released to the GBEC Cooperative until:

1) All shares are purchased, or enough shares are purchased and paid for to buy the equipment
2) A pre-order is made either by the Group Buy Coordinator (fastest; ask for manual payment via our GBEC) or by a GBEC on behalf of the buyers
3) *ALL* funds held in escrow by BTCrow are released by *ALL* buyers (Our GBEC cannot be responsible for buyers being slow to release funds)

Completing these 3 steps in a timely fashion will ensure that your particular Group Buy can get an early placement or earlier shipping for your transaction.

FEES INVOLVED [NOTE: MINIMUM TRANSACTION SIZE MUST BE 1BTC OR WE'LL BE SWAMPED]:

Group Buyers:

2% fees (this rate, or higher, is typical for a John K. Escrow ASIC pre-order. Of these fees:

- 1% is paid to this GBEC Cooperative in the form of a minimal markup to your share price. If you need a 120 day post-sales dispute resolution window this service has a 1.2% share markup fee. This 120 post-sales dispute resolution window is only applicable to ASIC chips, cases, fans, and PSU orders. The normal dispute resolution window is 7 days; that's plenty of time to decide if fraudulent behavior has occurred with regards to ordering/shipping details.

Example: if your normal share price is 1 BTC, I sell it to you with escrow protection at 1.01BTC on behalf of the GBC and Group Buyers to help facilitate and speed up the Group Buy. Half of this markup "fee" is refundable if the Group Buy fails for whatever reason at the terms the Group Buy Coordinator has set as an expiration date or if Buyers seek a refund. So: If your Escrowed share price is 1.01BTC, you would be refunded exactly 1.00495BTC (irrespective of transaction fees) , which is 99.5% of the value of escrowed share price, with the 0.5% share price refund rest kept as a Service Fee. At 5.05 milli-BTC kept as a fee per 1BTC share refund (*before* blockchain transaction fees), we're not exactly out to get rich off of share refunds

- 1% is paid to BTCrow for their services as a BTC Escrow service and 3rd Party Dispute Resolution (up 120 days for ASIC chip pre-orders*! 1.2% Share price markup) ; their services are non-refundable.

*This 120 day dispute resolution window applies only to ASIC chips and long lead time items like Cases, Fans, PSUs meant for ASIC miners like HashFast or BitFury miners, for example.

Refund / Dispute Resolution Terms / FAQ (Please refer to Post #7)
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:16:51 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 04:26:39 AM by DyslexicZombei

#4: About me / Terms and Conditions

=============================================================================================

Hello, I've been blathering on & I'm sorry if I haven't even properly introduced myself yet. Where are my manners!? Sorry mum.

My name is DyslexicZombei, DZ for short, an ASIC miner & speculator just like you. I love the BTC economy and the future and promise that BTC holds for people all over the world. I recently organized my first Group Buy and experienced first hand, the trials and tribulations of a Group Buy Coordinator or a GBC, for short. I'm a former Senior Electronics Technician and a current Network Engineer at an R&D lab who's had my identity and LinkedIn profile vetted by John K. Escrow.

-- I am going to carve myself out a niche here as this forum's first Group Buy Escrow Coordinator or GBEC, for short, to help out both buyers and sellers. I am *NOT* an Escrow Depository. However, as an approved BTCrow affiliate I can set up automated escrowed transactions via their online Escrow Service with manual, 3rd party dispute resolution via BTCrow which include a post sales inspection period of 7-14 days for the buyer (up to 120 days for longer GBs like ASIC chip preorders; 1.2% GBEC fee).

Recently, I encountered delays in paying for a recent Escrowed Group Buy I set up and I decided to find a way to improve and and speed up the process specifically for the Group Buys forum with its intrinsic and overriding need for both speed and integrity.

-- I intend to be an Expediter/Coordinator and Escrow Service Affiliate at BTCrow just for Group Buys on this forum. BTCrow will provide both automated Escrow services (with me in the role of Seller of the shares you need for your Group Buy / official BTCrow affiliate) and 3rd party dispute resolution up to 7 days after your transaction! This should provide you plenty of time to assess whether fraudulent behavior has taken place and whether to seek redress via BTCrow and/or the services of our GBEC Co-op as an advocate on your side.
My role is that of a neutral (but encouraging) party in all dealings.

However, Group Buyers deserve a safe marketplace and a Escrow Coordinator / Expediter / Arbiter that's on THEIR side. I've been in their shoes. I *am* in their shoes. I know that sometimes speed is of the essence when both setting up a Group Buy and closing out the Pre-order. I'm not just some disinterested Escrow Service, instead I'm an Escrow Affiliate that's on your team, rooting you on, and pushing you towards the finish line.

Lost time costs BTC in lower placement in the queue and lost time can result in lost buyers! By using our services, it's more likely that if your GB needs escrow protection, Group Buys vetted by my Group Buyers Escrow Coordinator Co-op will be able to have their Escrowed Group Buys tended to quicker and close them out faster then “traditional” BTC Escrow services. Normal BTC Escrow services which must focus on providing escrow protection across the vast range of the BTC economy.

I founded this GBEC Co-op to be the grease that lubricates the wheels that help to keep things moving and serves the interests of both Group Buyers and Sellers.

-- I intend to act as a spam filter for this board, by helping to weed out fraudulent Group Buy Coordinators and to help improve the quality of Group Buys even listed in the first place, by coaching/mentoring GBCs *before* they even get started with the Group Buy, in order to greatly improve their chances of success. I have nearly 30 years experience providing expert level salesmanship and a history of providing Win/Win deals by having empathy for others, and understanding the needs of both Buyers and Sellers.

-- I intend to help Group Buyers feel confident about taking part in any Escrow protected transaction that I'm facilitating via BTCrow.com, in this crazy, crazy Wild West economy where risks abound everywhere and every cockroach wants your hard earned money and BTC. I am NOT advertising or acting as an Escrow Depository, with all of its associated rules and regulations. I have no intentions of holding onto people's Bitcoin, their mining shares, stocks, bonds, silver bars, gold teeth, etc., etc.. I intend to do what I do best which is to help others by using my skills to Organize and Coordinate, well, other nerds, investors, and miners!

I'm willing to risk my job and my freedom (that I will NOT defraud you) to help facilitate this, because as someone who's been watching new technologies take off my entire life, I'm willing to bet that the Bticoin economy will have longevity to it that benefits legitimate businesses and services. I feel that I can offer unique value and services to this forum with my expertis e and experience.

There is so much promise in both this forum and our larger BTC economy as a whole. There's pitfalls to be sure, but at least you won't have to worry about outright fraud or theft with Group Buys coordinated and expedited by my GBEC co-op.

I also hope to invite other trusted members of the ASIC and Group Buy community to be a part of this new GBEC co-op, owning their own profits from facilitating their own Group Buys so that we can have high response times and redundancy that won't be dependent on any one person. [Please PM me for details!]

Terms and Conditions
[/b]

You, the Group Buyer or Group Buy Seller, as a client of our Group Buy Escrow Coordinator services agree to be open and honest in your dealings with this Escrowed transaction and the principals involved. In arbitration matters you agree to provide evidence of any claims within 48 hours to the DZ GBEC Cooperative.

*1. You agree to be civil and friendly to other principals involved or you will be banned from this Group Buy Escrow Coordinator Cooperative's buying/selling Coordination services for Escrowed transactions. We're all adults here. Let's act like it.

*2. You also agree to abide by any decisions made by both the DZ GBEC Cooperative and BTCrow as a 3rd party arbiter and Escrow Service.

*3. You also agree to not hold our Group Buy Escrow Coordinator Cooperative responsible for:

- Manufacturer Delays
- Failure of a Group Seller to ship a product if product is shipped to him/her*
- Miner payouts*
- Theft from the hosting or colocation site
- Damage to units or hardware in shipping
- Acts of nature that damage or destroy your product(s)
- Fraud/collusion among forum members
- Slow Group Buy members that slow down your pre-order with tardy or slow payment

* To deal with the risk of a Group Seller either refusing to ship product, provide a refund, or provide miner payouts, a negotiable bond can be set up at a true escrow service (however we can advocate on your behalf months later, if necessary, which will help your cause immensely if evidence can be shown from multiple sources. ) Providing escrow protection of miner payout collateral is rightly beyond the bounds of this Group Buyers Escrow Cooperative's available services.

*4. You agree to pay Escrow fees up front via BTC for both Group Buyers and Group Sellers. If necessary to the project's success, Group Sellers agree to put up any necessary miner payout collateral with a true escrow service such as John K. or BTCrow.

Miner Payout Risks for New Group Buy Coordinators:

** We cannot hold collateral funds from GBCs. You will have to set up some sort of separate solution for collateral/hostage funds for your good behavior on miner payouts such as contacting John K., BTCrow, or another escrow service **

*5. You agree to co-admin/co-access to any equipment to 1 or more fellow Group Buy members. Where applicable, Co-admins with co-access to physical hardware must be allowed in any Escrow protected Group Buys organized by the DZ Group Buyers Escrow Coordinator Services to reduce the chances of fraud/theft. Post sales, Host/colocation facilities will be notified of breach of contract if fraudulent behavior is detected and evidence is given of the GBC's actions. The GBC him/herself may get locked out of remote and local access as a breach of contract.

YOU AGREE to the previous 5 terms and other misc. rules listed in these first 10 posts of this thread before use of the DyslexicZombei Group Buyers Escrow Coordinator Service or DZ Escrow Coord. Svc. or DZ ECS for short in Group Buys listings..

In addition, you agree to follow BTCrow's code of conduct in Dispute Resolution as well:

http://btcrow.com/escrow_dispute_guide.php
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:18:26 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 04:35:37 AM by DyslexicZombei

Escrow and Escrow Coordination Fees for Group Buyers

=============================================================================================

Fees

1% is added to your Group Buy share costs as our minimal markup to expedite and purchase your escrowed share(s). A 1% fee is also charged by BTCrow for their services. Example: a 1 BTC share costs 1.01 BTC via this GBEC Cooperative. BTCrow's 1% fee for your 1.01BTC share is only 0.0101 BTC.

Total cost of your escrowed/GBEC organized 1BTC share is: only 1.0201 BTC! You can use our services even on Group Buys without pre-planned Escrow!

Refunds

Refunds are discouraged for the chaos they cause Group Buys and also because it can slow down the pre-order for everyone else, which isn't fair. However, emergencies happen in real life and sometimes people need to back out of their Group Buys.

In the event of a refund, BTCrow keeps their 1% fee and we refund you half, or 0.5%, of our 1% fee. In total, your refund fee is 1.5% Most Group Buy Share refunds have a 3% fee!

Refund rates are set at the share price at the time the Group Buy was set up (the GBC should define this & include a currency volatility model, if possible). Example: "1 BTC = $110 USD for purposes of this GB. 20%+ variance at time of equipment purchase refunded back to Buyer." [credit to user trout for currency volatility concerns ]

You, the Group Buyer, interested in a Group Buy, contact me of your intention to buy a share or several shares in a Group Buy (send relevant links). I markup your share 1% and sell it you via Escrow service/automated marketplace BTCrow. BTCrow charges a nonrefundable 1% fee. Upon Buyer BTC payment confirmation, I notify the Group Buy Coordinator that you now own the share(s) and your BTC is in Escrow, out of my hands but ready for pre-ordering.

When *all* pre-order shares are paid, a pre-order is set up, BTC is manually released by all Buyers, and the equipment is immediately paid for with shipping to a group approved hosting facility (majority weighted voting).
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:19:31 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 04:36:33 AM by DyslexicZombei

GROUP BUY COORDINATOR SERVICES / MATCHMAKING SERVICES FOR HOSTS AND MINERS LOOKING FOR HOSTS

Group Buy Coordinators:

FEES

- (Optional) 0.1% Fee for Advanced Coaching and Mentoring to help improve the chances of success for your planned Group Buy! Access to a Coach/Mentor that's a world class IT Specialist working on cutting edge tech, with nearly 30 years of advanced sales experience. I also with experience tutoring English students in college, and many years experience coaching and mentoring high school and college students both professionally and as volunteer work.

- 1% Upfront BTC fee paid by Group Buy Coordinator to DZ Escrow Coordinator Services to setup your Group Buy (as a percentage of BTC you are attempting to fundraise)

- 1% BTCrow Escrow Protection and Dispute Resolution Fee [Note: Set up your share prices so that the min. price is 1BTC or more, lest we be swamped; we'll improve it later but for now...we're still "analog" on some things.

Total: ONLY 2-2.1% more for automated Escrow protection & Coordination services with optional pre-sales planning, and high quality, focused support!!!The odds of a new GBC completing a non-escrowed Group Buy is exceedingly low. 0.2% extra service fees are charged if a 120 day Post-Sales Dispute Resolution window is needed for: ASIC chips, cases, fans, and PSUs.

1.0% of this 2-2.1% fee is a nonrefundable fee to BTCrow as an automated escrow and manual dispute resolution service paid for by the Group Buyers, so both buyers and sellers are sharing the costs of this escrow protection and coordination.

- [NEW SERVICE!!!] 8/25/13: Need CHEAP hosting for your miners? Need to list your site as a miner host location?

I can help you both out! I can advocate for you if you need a host, or vet your ID & list your host location for you!
?

Please PM me! I also help put together vetted host miners living in areas with inexpensive activity willing to host ASIC miners to pair with Group Buy Coordinators or single miners who need cheap hosting! I currently have 2 other HashFast Baby Jets that may soon have a safe, happy, and *inexpensive* happy home at a vetted miner's hosting location. I'm glad to use this Co-op with matchmaking abilities that seek to create Win/Win deals for both Buyers & Sellers.

Our services are also available on ebay if you would rather pay via PayPal: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASIC-Bitcoin-Miner-Hosting-Service-Worlds-lowest-miner-hosting-fees-Only-2-5-/130978055802?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7ee6867a

[Please jump two sections below for more info  about our GBEC services for Group Buy Coordinators]

MATCHMAKING SERVICES AND FEES

Summary:

Host Listing Fee: ZERO BTC!
Miner Host Matchmaking Fee: Only 0.25 BTC! Only payable if a successful match is made that is agreeable to both parties
. (Tips appreciated)

Option B for Miner Hosts: Stay anonymous and/or let me take care of paperwork and miner fees at only 0.5% fee on top of your host fee!

=================================

This could make you a nice sideline of BTC if you're a host, or save you hundreds of dollars/BTC if you're looking for a safe, secure mining host for your gear without paying an arm or leg. Do you know how hard it is to get a deal on a good hosting deal out there? It's a jungle!

- For those listing their office/home as a competitive miner location there is NO FEE to become privately listed with our GBEC Cooperative. Cheap electricity is a must, 24/7 AC + Security improves your odds, lower hosting fees are more competitive (suggest 2.5% BTC Hosting fee or lower). Contact me with name, location, electricity rate, experience with miners/mining, list of any IT/HW troubleshooting experience, how you would deal with emergencies and minor emergencies (like have an OK from the boss to leave work for half an hour unexpectedly to tend to your exp. nerd gear). Also list any electrical upgrades made and how much wattage you could safely handle (basically how many more ASIC miners can you host?)

If you appear to be a promising host location that doesn't appear to be someone trying to rip people off or steal from them I will contact you with a follow up PM. **To become a host location vetted & represented by this GBEC, I will request a clear photo ID & a second pic with your face near the ID. I will also request any social media profiles that you own, that you are willing to share with me as part of the vetting process. You agree to this minimally invasive and very confidential bare minimum vetting process in order to be listed as a host location with this GBEC Cooperative.**

You will be in charge of not just people's miners, but also their hopes and dreams. You will be expected to behave accordingly and face real world consequences for any illegal actions.

Option B for Miner Hosts: If you're a willing miner host but you're shy or don't want to deal with customers, "paperwork",  and payouts, I can offer a middleman Miner Host service at only 0.5% on top of your hosting fee %.

- For those looking for a miner host: There's only a 0.25BTC fee matchmaking for this service if you're looking for a host
but a tip is sure appreciated if a match is successfully made and I save you or make you some BTC: Wink This fee is payable only upon a successful completion of a hosting agreement between two parties.
Fees and tips for this GBEC matchmaking service can be sent to this address: 1C5R7t1XdVPxUBFUnBWJnRPx7ZMZBgnv7L

Please don't pay too much for hosting fees. You're giving BTC away & you're going to destroy or hurt your ROI, IMO.

- Huh (Placeholder for Future Services)

SERVICES will be added or even removed as Group Buyer and Seller needs change over time. Remember: This is meant to be YOUR mesh network; YOUR Escrow Coordinator Cooperative. If you have a need that's not being met, please post your concerns or send a PM! If you want to join me as a GBEC & keep the profits from your transactions to help make the Cooperative stronger and more redundant, please PM me as well!  

GBEC Cooperative Services for Group Buy Coordinators:

In my own free time and using my own resources, I am willing to risk my job and my freedom (as collateral that I will NOT defraud you) to help you, a well intentioned Group Buy Coordinator, perform a Group Buy on this forum as an Escrow Service for the purposes of facilitating reduced risk Group Buys for ASIC hardware. This will include - at this point - ASIC chips, cases for manufacturer specific ASIC mining rigs such as BitFury, mass quantities of fans and Power Supply Units direct from a manufacturer, as well as coordinating Escrow protection for traditional (ha!) ASIC Bitcoin Mining machines Group Buys.

If someone wants to facilitate an escrowed order of 500 PSUs or case fans to get a wholesale discount, and ship them out to Group Buyers with a small markup (perhaps selling the extras on ebay/coingig/bitmit), well, now they have an easy way to do it!

Variety and competition will have been added to the market helping to result in lower prices for all, and we all win![/color] I know I wouldn't mind access to wholesale cases and fans bought under escrow protection if I have to build a HashFast miner for our co-op, in the event that HashFast is late & has to send chips.

In this transaction, I agree, in my own free time and using my own purchased resources, to help facilitate your Group Buy by:

1) Vetting your ID and background with your permission on behalf of the Group Buyers.  You need to be 18 years old or older to participate.

With your clear, written proposal please include a clear picture of your ID. Also, please include a picture of you holding that ID near your face. Blurry photos will need a retake. We need to know where to send the proctologist, I mean, the investigator(s) if everything turns south.

We may check LinkedIn, we may check Twitter, Facebook, and other social media. We could even contact a colleague on LinkedIn if you have a profile (which would help your cause tremendously), to help keep people honest, and if the Group Buy is large enough to warrant it. Don't worry, this won't hurt a bit if you're a nice person who is who they claim they are. Your real ID will be protected with the utmost confidentiality.[/b]

2) If necessary: Helping you to secure a collateral or deposit from the Group Buy Coordinator for providing a public bond against fraudulent behavior from you, the Group Buyer Coordinator. This is meant to help hedge against fraudulent GBC behavior during the critical first few weeks of a miner's payout. Sorry, this collateral service for miner payouts will need to be offered by a True Escrow Depository, such as John K. or BTCrow, who will need to be contacted for details/info.

Buyers will more readily trust a Group Buy from new or relatively new GBC attempting to organize a Group Buy if they see that the GBC seems to be risking his job/freedom as well as sufficient collateral to NOT be that douchebag that scams and steals from others via the interwebs. Seriously. Don't be that d-bag. When fraud is almost nonexistent on this forum, Group Buyers will feel more secure about their transactions and the Group Buy economy, as a *whole* will grow in both size and variety.

3) Setting up a number of Escrow protected sales of shares in pre-order ASIC equipment at BTCrow, receiving payments on behalf of the Group Buy Coordinators and Group Buyers, and notifying buyer/seller of any BTC related activity at BTCrow, with copies of receipts, WRT to your Group Buy..

4) Once all payments are received AND released by ALL Group Buyers, purchasing and arranging shipping details to a majority group approved hosting or colocation facility will be handled . Any left over BTC, will be handed back to the GBC for hosting fees.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:20:51 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 04:37:13 AM by DyslexicZombei

[ #7: Refunds /  Dispute Resolution and Arbitration services / FAQ]

Refunds

Refunds are highly discouraged because of the fast paced, quickly changing nature of Group Buys. Also, your Group Buy Coordinators put a lot of time, money, collateral (optional for miner payouts), and effort into trying to bring you Group Buyers the best prices in the world. Please appreciate and respect this forum's Group Buy Coordinators as the unheralded miner/speculator assets that they are.

Group Buy Coordinators AND vetted ASIC miner hosts have to be willing to risk jail/fines for the opportunity to serve you with the web's lowest prices on ASIC hardware and ASIC hosting.

However, according to the T-shirt I saw in the CBS version of the movie Forrest Gump: it happens. When it happens: an emergency, we understand and will work with you to make sure you get a speedy refund. However, there are applicable Refund fees:

- BTCrow keeps their 1% fee for services already rendered

- The DZ GBEC Cooperative will refund you half of our fee (the 1% share markup) for setting up this Escrowed Group Buy on BTCrow. The BTC refund from our Co-op should be equivalent to 0.5% of the Escrowed share price.

- The GBC may also impose their own minimal restock fees for having to relist your shares (suggestion: 1%)

Refund restock fees are therefore: 1.5 - 3% of your Escrowed share sale price, with this percentage dependent on the GBCs discretion.

Other than that, please DO NOT invest funds into a Group Buy in this forum unless you intend to hold the BTC assets in place until the deal comes to fruition. DO NOT INVEST YOUR RENT, MORTGAGE, CAR PAYMENTS, FOOD MONEY, OR EVEN SHORT TERM EMERGENCY FUNDS IN A GROUP BUY.

Remember: although this is ESCROWED and COORDINATED, there are outside risks that we cannot be responsible for. We also cannot have an efficient GBEC Co-op or an efficient Group Buy Forum if we're constantly getting bogged down in refund requests that don't add any value to our fledgling BTC economy.

Dispute Resolution and Arbitration

BTCrow provides all 3rd party dispute and arbitration. However, having the DZ GBEC Cooperative on your side can be a powerful ally if the evidence is strongly on your side. GBECs must absolutely despise scam and fraud to be a GBEC in this co-op. We will fight tooth and nail for those harmed by the illegal behavior of others. [Future promise: When we're ready & if we can organize other GBCs to agree, we intend to take on ASIC manufacturers about "No Refund" Policies and perhaps make them reconsider it, at the threat of the loss of a major conduit of institutional and co-op miners via this GB forum]

The Cooperative will cooperate with any, and all, local, national, and international authorities to catch scum sucking sockcuckers that think that it's ok to steal or defraud others from their hard earned money/BTC. Fraudsters deserve about as much respect as cockroaches. Your first GBEC has already participated in various investigations over the years, including one involving NCIS at a Naval Base where I caught the person simultaneously breaking safety and security regulations, documented and passed on the evidence, and a lengthy investigation ensued. Scammers beware!

FAQ

Q. What the heck is a Group Buyers Escrow Coordinator Cooperative (the name just rolls off the tongue, don't it?)
A. This new Cooperative Service came about because of the highly detailed and explicit needs of this forum: a need for integrity, speed, and redundancy when making Escrowed Group Buys. We don't provide Escrow services but we provide easy, online access to BTC Escrow services so you can complete your Group Buy quicker & easier whether you're a Group Buyer or a Group Buy Coordinator.

Q. How can we trust you and the co-op?
A. I am vetting any new potential GBECs that want to join the GBEC Cooperative. No fraud will intentionally emanate from this account. However, if fraud is detected please contact John K. with your evidence at:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=31288

as well as your local, national, even international authorities so I can cooperate with them to: A) Get my hacked account back B) Restitute anyone harmed and C) Clear my name for normal operations. John K. of John K. Escrow has vetted me & already *knows* my real life ID/address, and has seen my real LinkedIn account will multiple dozens of endorsements in the US R&D/Aerospace industry. I'm a former Sr. Electronics Technician and current IT Network Engineer trusted to test, develop, design, defend and advance the Free World's bleeding edge technologies for nearly 10 years. Users BeepBeep2 and jungle_dave also know my real ID and my Research Lab location of work, for even faster service in case of fraudulent behavior emanating from this account.

Q. Are all ASIC manufacturer pre-order deals available for GBEC Cooperative support?
A. No, Avalon and BFL are *banned* from this DZ GBEC Cooperative's available Escrow Coordination Services until they can rehabilitate their image (if ever). Any Manufacturer that dares to stomp on their Group Buyers and Pre-order Buyers deserve no less.

We specialize in Win/Win deals, not Win/Lose deals.

Q. Where's my BTC funds being held and for how long?
A. BTCrow. It's held until either: A) The Group Buy is canceled or expires (GBC sets expiry date) B) A refund is sought C) The buyer of the shares is ready to MANUALLY release the funds held in escrow by BTCrow for a pre-order that's ready to go but just needs BTC payment.

Q. How do I get a refund in an emergency or a change of heart?
A. Contact your Group Buy Coordinator. We will work to get you your refund as speedily as possible via BTCrow.

Q. What are restock fees again for refunds?
A. BTCrow holds onto their 1% fee for services rendered. Your Group Buy Escrow Coordinator charges a 0.5% fee for a time spent facilitating your part in a Group Buy transaction. Your Group Buy Coordinator may charge a 1% fee or more. Total refund restock fee: 1.5-2%+ fee

Q. I like what you're doing! Levi's Jeans didn't do too badly supplying miners in the last rush. How can I join this GBEC Cooperative?
A. Ssh, it's a secret. Nah, just PM me. You do have to be willing to be vetted by me & be wiling to under go a little more probing and questioning then Group Buyers or Miner Hosts. We're only looking for people that can be impartial - or relatively impartial since we all have biases - that are looking to create Win/Win deals for Buyers and Sellers. A GBEC needs to advocate strongly for Sellers and Buyers and not put up with ASIC mfgs. that destroy their buyers trust by simply not being a little more: nice and empathetic.

Q. Who can I contact with info for Fraud Related behavior / actions to potentially have Legal authorities investigate further?
A. Please contact me ASAP if you suspect fraud is or has taken place from any transactions or services being coordinated through this GBEC Cooperative. If fraud emanates from this acct. somehow just PM John K. of John K. escrow [ user: John (John K.) ] , or users jungle_dave or BeepBeep2 so they can help me get MY account back from the sockcucking apple bobber that somehow managed to get it from me temporarily.

Q. Why should I hire you as a Miner Host Matchmaking service or a Group Buy Escrow Coordinator Service?
A. Lots of reasons:

- You're getting the full attention of a world class IT Specialist skills that many of this country's top rocket scientists and research engineers in a variety of projects have relied on for about 10 years for their IT related needs. I've supervised and/or worked on the the e-infrastructure of 6 different world class Hawaii based research lab facilities on 3 different islands, including supervising the electronics of a premier rocket test facility for missions with 6, 7 and 8 figure budgets. My usual IT client in my day job is usually a world leading expert in their esoteric field. I still design bleeding edge IT prototype systems & lab/field networks that may never see the light of day (think the Spruce Goose-type projects but much less visible).

- Someone who was once Mensa qualified as a child FWIW (142 on the Stanford-Binet scale, big whoop) and offered the opportunity to jump up a grade (declined). Caveat Emptor: I've had a few concussions since then. Since then. Since...

- My knowledge of technology, electronics, and networking.

My first PC used was a TRS-80 and my first PC was a Commodore-64. I've read WIRED from the start & keep up with tech changes, and changes in the ASIC marketplace daily. I was the first national internet football champ. I was a beta tester for the first Instant Messaging program (ICQ), a beta tester for Gmail, and have been involved in CAD/3-D printing, even fixing the 3-D printer for the Kauai Robotics High School team. I'm an IT specialist in every sense of the word.

- My knowledge and respect for world history, foreign countries, and my fellow man/woman.

I read The Economist, The Diplomat, Foreign Policy, The Atlantic, WIRED, Ars, Slashdot, Reddit, and Kotaku on a daily basis, among other sites. I have approx. 85% of a US History degree in addition to an IT degree which allows me to not only better understand technology, but also technology's role in cataclysmic changes throughout history, such as the one we're seeing now with the rise of the worldwide Bitcoin Economy.

- My understanding of designing and developing Information Technologies from scratch from low TRL numbers

- My deep understanding of fraudulent behavior, scams, and phishing attempts [Disclaimer: I willingly gambled on ASX Project. Fail. Brain fart forgotten & lesson learned]

- My nearly 30 years worth of sales skills which were honed by learning/selling/teaching skills since I was a teenager. When I was 12, I learned the value of hard work by doing yard work with my classmate afterschool for $5 an hour from an accountant. As for sales: I learned from one of the best; my father was a master magician, one of the last if not the last personal student of Dai Vernon, a magician's magician - or one who only performs to fool *other* magicians. Dai Vernon was once renowned as "The Man Who Fooled Houdini." My father ran his own small magic shop on Kauai  for a long time & I co-managed it with him and did a lot of sales from about the age of 18.  Every IT related buy or sell on my wife's ebay acct. (user: rainbowlady03) was set up through me. In about a 4 week period, in my spare time, I managed to do over $9K in sales via BTC Talk Forum and ebay sales of Jalapenos and GB shares [Disclaimer: some transactions co-mingled: 4 shares bought via ebay]. I was selling giant CRTs and pre-order Wiis before many whippersnappers ever heard of the word arbitrage.

- My understanding of the current and near term market values of various technologies, which has allowed me, a rank noob to have reached ROI on my BTC related investments in only a month (even with the huge ASX Projects brain fart) thanks to arbitrage.  

- A huge respect for Karma and the rest of my brothers and sisters living under my flag and other flags.

If your good idea seems to be worthy of my limited time & efforts, you agree that I will vet you to check that you appear to be a good intentioned Group Buy Coordinator or ASIC Miner Host that appears to bring innovation, value, and variety to the Group Buys forum. I will only take a few Group Buys at a time under escrow because I do owe it to my family to also spend time with them too.  Smiley

This is my offer of services to the Group Buy forum. I hope it can provide more liquidity to the overall BTC economy and quality to the Group Buys forum. I intend to follow up on Canary's comment about an automated web site, but for now, it'll be manual escrow support. Also, since this is a new service, the Introductory Price will be 10% off the listed prices above.  

Since I want to encourage the world's youth to explore safe opportunities on a worldwide digital marketplace, if you're a student you'll get a Student Discount (but you might have to prove to me that you appear to be an adult in High School or College). Please PM me for Student Discount rates.

Hope that answered that question.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:21:46 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2013, 08:06:25 PM by DyslexicZombei

How I came up with these services / My Online & Offline Endorsements

How we got here:

1. My first Group Buy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=274055.0

2. At the end of my Group Buy, I noticed a shortage of Escrow Agents I sought a way to add redundancy & alternate access to online Escrow services.

3. Background info on your first Group Buy Escrow Coordinator. Thinking aloud, testing the waters [Given A+ for effort by CanaryInTheMine] : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276947.0

4. Version 1. Left up for teaching/learning purposes, My first attempt to serve as an escrow service coordinator: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=278046.0

5. Version 2: Me, making lemonade out of the insane high costs of starting an Escrow Depository in Hawaii and solving problem by founding a GBEC Cooperative (this thread) and registering with BTC Crow as an Escrow Affiliate to initiate Escrow protected sales.

Online & Offline Professional & Personal LinkedIn Endorsements (real ID/address & LinkedIn Profile vetted by John K. Escrow):

My former manager at the rocket test facility where I supervised the entire e-infrastructure for several years. The current Sr. E-Tech at said facility who I taught *everything* I knew and whom I mentored. Multiple dozen Aerospace & Hawaii IT endorsements. An instructor of Engineering at UH-Manoa. Two former ISSMs. Multiple endorsements from top research scientists and engineers located across the country in other disciplines. An Apple Software Engineer who joined my company as an intern yet showed a lot of self-initiative. A successful VC I once worked with who successfully launched 2 Tech companies in Japan in the 90s & several in Hawaii [praised me personally and publicly for predicting and conceptualizing a large number of Apple related accessories soon after Apple's iPhone launch in 2008 & well before everyone else which...are now in the marketplace (can't win all your battles)]. Employee #5 or #6 at Oracle. Multiple MDA Program Managers (including the surfer/skater guy who took the picture of me DropKnee riding Hawaiian shorebreak, in the picture below).

On ebay: 162 satisfied Buyers and Sellers over 10 years as my wife's co-seller/buyer on IT related hardware:

http://myworld.ebay.com/rainbowlady03

DyslexicZombei's Bitcoin Talk Group Buys Forum Official Endorsement list (so far) for satisfied clients:

jungle_dave, kaz911, abdullahadam, milkbottlec, BeepBeep2, thomas_s, philipma1957, -Redacted-, tripppn, bobsag3....

6 shares worth 15.3 BTC purchased on the behalf of 5 others with no incident, so far.

[Please PM me if you're willing to add your name to my endorsement list! Aloha and Mahalo for your endorsements! ]

Caveat Emptor: Warning = Your GBEC has drunk the Kool-Aid, so to speak, and as an amateur historian who loves reading about the human dynamics of politics, wars, and economics, is someone who is loooong on the long term chances of Bitcoin as a cryptocurrency and economic enabler/leveler.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 11:08:56 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 06:49:03 AM by DyslexicZombei

About your first ever Group Buy Escrow Coordinators Cooperative. Interested in joining?

Please PM me if you're interested in this Cooperative's services.

Please feel free to add your comments and concerns below from the pieces of the puzzle that will be added above! I welcome and openly address any and all concerns from both Buyers and Sellers. Nothing is written in stone yet & now is the time to address concerns/questions.

Remember: this is meant to be *your* Escrow Coordinators Cooperative

Scams and fraud can't hide in the light. Ergo, all deals should be open and transparent with relevant parties Blind Carbon Copied on all important matters with notification of this fact written in the PM/email itself. Deals need to be written & set up with the safety of Buyers foremost in mind. If you're a new or a relatively new GBC, our GBEC Cooperative will not approve and support any Group Buy that do not properly address Group Buyer risks throughout the first few months of the miner payout process. If you're an experienced GBC you can still refer your customers to our services for those Group Buyers that want Escrow Protection, regardless of your reputation.

I'll also need reinforcements too if anyone else has the organizer/coordinator gene.  Wink

In parting, here's a pic and a few screencaps of a clip of your forum's first GBEC (AKA KauaiDKer / SurfSkateKauai):

Have an awesome day!
DZ
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 08:45:04 AM

Thank you to my first two clients as Group Buy Coordinators! I wish you both well & thank you for working with me.

Also, a big thank you to my first group of vetted miner hosts! Let's bring down the price of miner hosting and make a little BTC by helping others.

Please PM me if you're interested in being a GBC, a vetted miner host, or if you're looking for the world's lowest cost, high quality miner hosting.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 04:35:32 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 07:01:34 AM by DyslexicZombei

Escrow+ (Plus) Services - 0.1% in-depth Pre-Planning Fee to greatly improve your chances of succeeding in your first Group Buy

Vetting a new GBC. His GB is on hold at the moment.

I hear John K. is unavailable at the moment. This is exactly why I'm here, ladies and gents. This board needs more redundancy. Smiley

For those new Group Buy Coordinators looking to set up escrow protected Group Buy for a KnC or Cointerra unit please let me know! You'll need to be vetted before I'll give you my endorsement but it's a process you'll only need to do once (for free!) and you'll be able to point it out: forever! ...well, at least this lifetime.

Escrow+ Services: Optional in-depth Group Buy Pre-Planning Coaching and Mentoring is available for only 0.1% BTC of the proposed GB! That means if you were going for a Cointerra IV, a fee of only ~$14.40 gives you access to a world class IT specialist and seller who specializes in Win/Win Deals!

Fees are only 2% for Escrow Protection and 3rd party Dispute Resolution. Fees are 2.1% for Escrow+ (Plus) Services. If there's a refund, the Buyer gets 0.5% of the fees back. The rest is kept by service providers for payment for services already rendered by myself and BTCrow. Additional GBC fees may also be incurred (1% or so).
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 04:47:12 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 07:26:45 AM by DyslexicZombei

Example of a Win / Win Deal | Client and BTC Talk Forum member comments

I mentioned that I specialize in crafting Win/Win deals.

The art of the sale is such, that a *successful* transaction is one where both the buyer and seller are pleased with the results and both feel like they received good value.

When you have me be your GBEC, you're not just getting a world class IT Specialist, you're also getting the benefit of about 30 years of selling experience having started out as a teen by selling magic tricks in my father's old magic shop, Kauai Magic. You think selling Bitcoin Mining machines that mine digital gold is hard? Try learning a bunch of magic tricks then learn how to sell those magic tricks to other kids. Then you have to teach *them* afterwards. That'll teach patience.

Here's an example of a Win/Win deal I crafted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-Butterfly-Labs-5GH-s-Jalapeno-Bitcoin-Miner-PREORDERS-Cert-ETA-Late-Sept-/130962790801?hash=item1e7dfd9991

Yes, an ebay BFL preorder. I ordered with them for my first pre-order before I knew how many issues they were facing. Eventually coming to my senses I realized that I was stuck with the preorder that would likely arrive obsolete but I wanted to free up those funds without going to war against BFL/PP. Knowing I had an item, a BFL preorder, that some people were willing to pay extra money for to jump ahead in the queue, I wrote up this preorder agreement.

Please note how it's written. It was sold in early August when in-hand Jallys were selling for $1.5-2K on ebay. It's written in such a way that I'm covered and the buyer is covered; if BFL doesn't ship in late Sept., and the buyer seeks a refund in Oct/Nov, all I have to do is have AMEX do a chargeback and I refund the buyer with my BFL refund. If BFL ships, he wins & I wins. If they don't ship & he goes for a refund, he loses ~$100 (I charged a 15% restock fee for this) and I lose ~$100. I think that these are the types of deals that do well in this new BTC economy.

You can look at many of life's situations and see it as: "the glass is half full" or "the glass is half empty". Since attitude affects your altitude in life, I try to choose a "half full" mentality where we can attempt to make lemonade out of lemons.

So for this transaction its either Win/Win or Lose/Lose, there's no real Win/Lose option on this transaction...except that I turned a negative (a BFL refund) into a net positive that could earn me an extra $100, but at least it allowed me to free up funds for what I see are more promising mfgs.

In the planning stages, for my Escrow+ Services, this is the kind of deal making and thought process I will walk you through so that we can create a Win/Win Group Buy where everyone feels much better protected against scams & fraudulent behavior.

Examples of real comments from BTC Talk Forum clients or members:

"Thanks for your kindness DZ. I know this is really unsafe. But since this world still have some trust left, and your big group buy are with John K., I do hope I trust the right person.

Indeed I shouldn't do this with another, but since you started offer eBay transaction, I do hope I could trust you. And since I still couldn't get in touch with someone near by to buy some bitcoins, I am so worried I would be out of the group buy. And as I just started in bitcoins, do hope could earn some coins here and start my virtual wallet.

Once again, thanks for helping along." - Regarding an escrowed PayPal for BTC share payment organized under John K.'s services.

==

"Best regards to your family and I like your style. Keep it up!"

==
"You sure are a good GB leader!"
==

"You rock! You are very flexible,  thanks! I definitel know who to get involved with in the future :-) "

==

"A+ for effort...
It depends on who's selling/organizing a group buy...

Create a simple, fool proof, no nonsense escrow.com-ish system for btc instead..." -CanaryInTheMine, 8.75TH/s shipped so far, World's #1 ASIC miner reseller's opinion on my efforts to bring a Group Buy Escrow Coordinator service to the BTC Talk Group Buys Forum:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276947.0

==

"Looks like you are on to something here!
I like how you handled your last GB and it seems that John K could use some backup.
Congrats on your first client!  I am sure you will get more soon." - jungle_dave, a gentleman and former Network Engineer that plants trees in the Amazon, same thread, re: GBEC services
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 07:18:25 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2013, 05:00:16 AM by DyslexicZombei

Instructions for those wanting to be vetted as a Group Buy Coordinator or Miner Host

1. You'll need to willingly share your ID & address with a vetting service on this board. It doesn't matter who you go through, you need to have your real ID and address on record so if criminal activities happen, we know where to send the evidence to the authorities and who they should look out for. This is no laughing matter. This is what is required:

- A clear photo of a Govt. ID
- A clear photo of you holding the same Govt. ID

You can post this privately to an image hosting site and provide me a link, or provide me a Dropbox link. I recommend that you delete any cloud hosted files after I confirm receipt.

2. Additionally, for even greater protection to Group Buyers, I also request a social media link. If you're on LinkedIn, I'd prefer a link to your professional profile. A veteran LinkedIn profile provides the strongest impression when paired with multiple professional endorsements/contacts. It's the exact same method I provided to John K. Escrow to vet me. Other forms of social media are ok as it allows me another way to vet that you really are who you say you are. I'm working a lot closer with clients then your typical Escrow Service so I need to be absolutely sure that you're a well intentioned Group Buy Coordinator or Miner Host.

I've tried to prove myself worthy of your time, you'll also need to prove yourself worthy of my limited time/energy. Because: If you succeed, you're going to be handling *other* people's money, BTC, machines, hopes, and dreams. If you defraud your buyers, there's going to be real world consequences. Are you ready for this big responsibility?  

3. You will need to answer a short private questionnaire after Step 2. It's essentially to check how ready you are for your chosen endeavor and to see how well you've thought out different situations that may need to be addressed in the course of your first Group Buy or Miner Hosting.

DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:03:32 AM

I'm sorry if some of the links don't work correctly at the top & in this thread. I'll fix it when I have time. I've been a busy bee as both a GBEC and GBC. Info below from DZ at-cost Miner's Cooperative, Round 3:

Image Credit:  Original Image  
Round 3 Spotify Definitive Chill Out Mix

_.====.._
                                    ,:._             ~-_
                                        `\              ~- _
                                           |   _    __.       `.
                                         ,/   /  \    /           ~ - _
                      ..__..-..__..-''   /__/  /__                `_ ~~--..__...----... DZ's Miner Cooperative, Round 2 ..."The little Co-op that could"...

An At-Cost Democratic Miner Co-operative with the world's lowest fees
for vetted miner hosting/management services: 2.75%

23 members, 1 Scientist, 4 IT Pros, 2 Network Engineers, 2 Electrical Engineers, 1 Finance Employee, so far, with multiple host sites

========================================================================================================================================

This Co-operative is operated by a John K. vetted Network Engineer based in Hawaii, who gets to design prototype IT hardware and lab/field networks in support of cutting edge research projects, and has been in the line of work of T&E and R&D for nearly 10 years, with 50-60 Hawaii/US Aerospace/IT/R&D/Civ. Engineering Endorsements on LinkedIn. The backup remote administrator is jungle_dave who is a former Electrical Engineer and Network Engineer. Mining Equipment will be operated by vetted IT pros or a vetted IT college student, with backup host sites available. Payouts are every 2 weeks minus a 2.75% Hosting/Management fee, the lowest around. Once sales begin, Refunds available up until unit ships at 1.5% restock fee. We vote on all buying, shipping, and resale decisions as well as vote on the month to attempt equipment resales after 5-7 months of operations. All suggestions are welcome to help improve our Co-operative.

Approx. value of GBEC / GBC ASIC pre-order sales or pre-sales of shares on this forum by DZ in last 5 weeks: $12.2K
    Approx. value of GBEC / GBC ASIC pre-order sales for R3: $6.3K
    Approx. total value of GBEC / GBC ASIC pre-order sales or pre-sales of shares on this forum by DZ in last 6 weeks: $18.5K
    Approx. value of DZ ebay ASIC sales (including 4 HF Baby Jet shares listed on ebay/BTC Talk GB forum & purchased on ebay worth $620) since Aug.1 : $3.3K
    Approx. value of ASIC related hardware or services currently listed items on ebay by DZ: $30.5K, selling as a trusted intermediary

Several new GBCs and Bitcoin Miner Hosts vetted for free, and several scams pointed out on two BTC related forums.

-Data current as of 9/21/2013, PM
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:05:02 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 10:20:21 AM by DyslexicZombei

3 GBs in a little over a month worth a total of ~$22K (assuming we choose an MPP Sierra for Round 3), after never having done a single Group Buy in my life + 6 or more GBCs and Miner Hosts vetted for free on behalf of the GB/Custom Hardware forums. Also, there's about $30.5K worth (or less) of BFL pre-orders.

Total GB forum volume in a less than 2 months? $19-22K sold/presold + 30.5K listed on ebay for about $50K worth of product listed or sold.

Yeah, I may be able to help you if you're a new GBC or Miner Host that wants to offer services here.  Wink
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:18:34 AM

4th GB underway. We'll see how it goes as we have a deadline in less than 24 hours.

Crossing fingers on R4. The best thing about R3/R4 is the amazing generosity shown from 2 co-op members!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1my62l/true_story_i_tried_to_raise_19k_in_3_days_for_2/
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 07:18:29 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2013, 07:48:47 AM by DyslexicZombei

- In about a month and a half: 6 Group Buys completed by my Miners Cooperative worth about $45K for 4TH/s+ of HashRate with the world's lowest hosting fees!

- 45-50 DZ MC members from 4 continents and 2 island chains with: 6 admitted IT Pros, 2 Finance Pros, a scientist, and 3 EEs as members. Cool!

- 8 or more Group Buy Coordinators and ASIC Miner Hosts vetted for free in about 5 weeks including the two most recent GBCs: -Redacted- (organically, in the course of R5/R6) and Delmonger, who requested my assistance with vetting.

Thank you everyone for helping my services and Cooperative turn into a big success! Our first 2 miners (R5/R6) should be hashing tomorrow for testing. Thanks -Redacted-! Smiley

Thank you to vetted GBC thomas_s who led R5 and R6 for the co-op ably with our assistance (tracked shares even thru the outage), and designed our new website:
www.dzminercoop.com

We even have our own subreddit now for a communications sidebar and for communications redundancy for the *next* forum outage:
http://www.reddit.com/r/dzminercoop/

And thank you to DZ MC members -Redacted-, jungle_dave, unknown.usr, and Miramyn for offering to remote administrate the co-op's miners.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen, I humbly thank you.

DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:26:23 AM

5 days later: up to estimated $56K in GB sales including Baby Jet upgrades and a 7th miner that's nearly paid: a Bitmine Rig.

Good to add diversity to our co-op's miner portfolio.

Current miner list:

2 Baby Jets
2 Sierras
2 KnC Jupiters (thanks -Redacted-!)
~80% of a Bitmine Rig worth 800GH/s and expandable up to 2TH/s.

Wonder what's next? Cointerra? A dark horse? Stay tuned...  Smiley
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:23:15 PM

Please welcome Dabs to the ranks of those who have passed what appears to be the most stringent vetting process on the forums!

I like to joke that although my services are free, they aren't cheap.  Cheesy

Dabs is the first GBC from Asia, and the 9th GB Coordinator and/or Miner Host that I've vetted for free, so far. Salud!

Dabs is an Escrow Agent himself: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=234939

And he supports this charity: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300631

Where he collects funds/food for starving children and posts pictures of the proof of purchase. A toast! I'm glad to associate with people like him.

==

If you didn't read the earlier link, I should've mentioned this earlier but: thomas_s, myself, and an anonymous DZ MC hero from Round 2, raised almost $400 of BTC for a Round 1 member who lives with lifelong physical disabilities. It's been an honor and a pleasure to work for and with the members and leaders of the DZ Miners Cooperative as well as with the GBCs and miner hosts I've vetted.

Thank you.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 08:21:44 PM

I've recently completed the vetting of my 10th vetted GB Coordinator and/or Miner Host.

This person approached us via our website and actually does not have a forum account here yet. He's a veteran of the oil/gas industry and is the VP of his own small oil company in Texas. He's passed my stringent vetting process and appears to be a well intentioned Group Buy Coordinator.

Thank you and welcome aboard! We're currently in discussions for much bigger plans that go beyond/outside of what our co-op has done so far. Hopefully, we'll have some news on that end in the near future, as well.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: