Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:51:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we buy the 100% HashRate upgrade at 25% extra cost?
Yes
No

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [**OPEN**]R2B:HashFast + Host, Dbl. HashRate Upgrade, $43, 10-13GH/s MPP  (Read 35641 times)
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:09:49 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 06:34:52 AM by DyslexicZombei

1/6/14

Just to update you guys: we're seeking a refund on this. We've been working on this for a few days actually.

They *still* haven't sent a tracking number for R2 which is the 64th paid miner rig IIRC, and the earlier of our two co-op HashFast Baby Jet orders.

- When its finally sent out by HF: Refunds for R2 will be in USD as R2 was paid by the original buyer we bought it from HF via a USD wire transfer.

- For R2B: we're fighting for a full BTC refund, as I believe we paid BTC for that, since it came later for this Batch 1 upgrade. I can't go into details too much, but I am fighting tooth and nail to get y'all this BTC full refund if its at all possible.

==

[Dec. 2013 info and earlier below]

**OPEN** CLOSED

Actually, we're only **OPEN**, if you're an original DZ MC R1 share owner that's arrived to claim his or her share of the $45 HashFast Baby Jet Batch 1 upgrade promo to double your hashrate at only 25% more. Please send me a PM if this is the case, Mahalo!

Sorry, unless you fit the description above, this particular DZ MC fundraising round is all "pau" ("finished", in Hawaiian).

10 upgrade shares left out of 40 0 left.

New! Here's the payment details for the Upgrade: $43 per share. This pays for Express Delivery Early AM to Missouri and doubles our hashrate well before MPP could kick in at 3 to 3.5 months.

Here's the wallet address that's just for R2 Baby Jet upgrade funds: 17a29H9BhUnaPZgZSdFifPndGxxWQXayuH

Then please PM me the following:

Subject
- DZ HF R2 Upg., 1 share, (BTC equivalent of) $43
Message Body - Tx ID or Tx ID link

Conditions of Sales of: You *MUST* surrender your upgrade share if the original R2 share owner comes up for funds for *their* upgrade share(s) before upgrade parts ship for the HF Baby Jet.
=============================================================================================

TL;DR: 1 share = 10-12.5 GH/s for Order 616, a Day 1 shipment as the 64th miner Paid for. We'll likely vote to double hashrate at 25% extra cost.

We were going to buy a Bitmine Miner but we were approached with a buyout offer from a forum member for an at-cost buyout tomorrow and we unanimously changed our votes. Odds are likely we will likely majority vote for the Batch 1 Promotional Upgrade for double the hashrate well before MPP could kick in, for only 25% more (est. $42-43 per share). HashFast miners include the industry's best MPP in this GBC's opinion.

Buyout wallet: 17a29H9BhUnaPZgZSdFifPndGxxWQXayuH

=============================================================================================

Image Credit:  Original Image  
    Bonus Round 2 Spotify True School Hip Hop soundtrack (NSFW): http://open.spotify.com/user/kauaidker/playlist/3nTHJs5N2SqpeJc5V6XfRJ  

_.====.._
                                        ,:._             ~-_
                                            `\              ~- _
                                               |   _    __.       `.
                                             ,/   /  \    /           ~ - _
                          ..__..-..__..-''   /__/  /__                `_ ~~--..__...----... DZ's Miner Cooperative, Round 2 ..."The little Co-op that could"...

An At-Cost Democratic Miner Co-operative with the world's lowest fees
    for vetted miner hosting/management services: 2.75%

24 members, 4 IT Pros, 2 Network Engineers, 2 Electrical Engineers, so far, with multiple host sites

========================================================================================================================================

This Co-operative is operated by a John K. vetted Network Engineer based in Hawaii, who gets to design prototype IT hardware and lab/field networks in support of cutting edge research projects, and has been in the line of work of T&E and R&D for nearly 10 years, with 50-60 Hawaii/US Aerospace/IT/R&D/Civ. Engineering Endorsements on LinkedIn. The backup remote administrator is jungle_dave who is a former Electrical Engineer and Network Engineer. Mining Equipment will be operated by vetted IT pros or a vetted IT college student, with backup host sites available. Payouts are every 2 weeks minus a 2.75% Hosting/Management fee, the lowest around. Once sales begin, Refunds available up until unit ships at 1.5% restock fee. We vote on all buying, shipping, and resale decisions as well as vote on the month to attempt equipment resales after 5-7 months of operations. All suggestions are welcome to help improve our Co-operative.

• Approx. value of GBEC / GBC ASIC pre-order sales or pre-sales of shares on this forum by DZ in last 5 weeks: $12.2K
    • Approx. value of DZ ebay ASIC sales (including 4 HF Baby Jet shares listed on ebay/BTC Talk GB forum & purchased on ebay worth $620) since Aug.1 : $3.3K
    • Approx. value of ASIC related hardware or services currently listed items on ebay by DZ: $30.5K, selling as a trusted intermediary
    • Several new GBCs and Bitcoin Miner Hosts vetted for free, and several scams pointed out on two BTC related forums.

-Data current as of 9/21/2013

=========================================================================================================================================

(PLEASE SEE PAGE 14 FOR LATEST UPDATES/VOTING)

Sept 20
    : Payment due date is being pushed back to 8PM HST on Wednesday!

Sorry for the earlier rush! Please see Page 14 as for the reasons why. No worries, this buyout of Order 616 is still secure, just a small complication from the more expensive share price unexpectedly effecting finances of co-op members.

===

Sept. 19, PM, Update 4: HashFast FTW!  Cheesy

I used my 2 share votes for HashFast to push them over the top for a 21 share vote majority win!

Payments are due by Saturday night, Wednesday Night, 8PM Hawaii Standard Time or shares are forfeited and fair game for backup share holders such as myself & the 4th R1 DZ GB Co-op member.  Shocked  Cheesy

Please contact bobsag3 if you need to arrange a PayPal for BTC for a GB transaction or see the payment section below for details. Just value $151.50 at whatever X amount of BTC that is at the time you do your purchase & transaction.

At the moment, Coindesk is showing 1 BTC = $123.39 but we can value this at Coinbase rates if that makes more sense for BTC buyers.

======

Sept. 19, PM, Update3: Details of proposed buyout if HashFast option gets two more votes.

7 more votes for HashFast! 2 more votes needed for automatic HashFast win. Voting ends at 8PM HST, approximately 2.25 Hours from this update.

==

Sept. 19, Update 2: HashFast 12 votes, Cointerra 1.

9 more votes needed for automatic HashFast Batch 1 majority win. Please vote!

Shares will likely be at at-cost price of $151.50 each share (with BTCrow escrow protection) for this paid HashFast Baby Jet Aug. 9 order (FWIW: R1 DZ GB owners paid $155 per at-cost share (with John K. Escrow) last month for an Aug. 18 order)

=================================

September 19: A buddy has contacted me with an at-cost offer for a HashFast Baby Jet ordered on August 9! It's order 616 & is already paid. I am NOT your financial advisor. However: This is likely the very best opportunity to meet ROI on ANY Group Buy on the forum currently up for offer. Sale would be set up through BTCrow Escrow at cost (1%).

FWIW: It's 400-500 GH/s likely to be worth up to 800-2000 GH/s depending on which HashFast MPP option is triggered by net. difficulty growth.

Current voting: 11 votes for KnC, 1 for Cointerra but...Please feel free to change your votes if you'd like. These voting results were prior to our new HashFast completed pre-order option for Order 616, paid on August 9: https://hashfast.com/order-chain/

Poll voting has also been reset with this new offer brought to you thanks to contacts I've made among buyers/sellers, and GBCs/Miner Hosts. Mahalo!

======================

September 18 Update: Voting has opened and Bitmine Rig is in the lead with 9 share votes. Cointerra has 1 share vote. 10 votes cast out of 40.

There appear to be 13 votes outstanding, if one doesn't count the shares I'm voting for. I'm all about giving freedom a chance but if we don't receive enough votes by Thursday, September 19, 5PM HST to resolve this, I'm going to vote with the 17 votes under my advisement or direct control so we can close out this R2 GB & secure our place in a Q somewhere.

=====

2 more votes were ceded to me by an anonymous gentlemen for 17 votes out of 40.

September 17, PM Update4: Well, that didn't take long. An anon. gentleman has claimed another share! Thanks and mahalo for the 2nd vote of confidence.

Round 2 is CLOSED again, please PM me if you're interested in backup share(s) or if you'd like to be notified of a potential Round 3 in a few weeks or a couple of months.

===

Sept. 17, PM Update3: bobsag3 is making his share available. Ergo:

1 share left.

Remember: 80% of success in anything is simply showing up.  Grin Wink

Also: 3 shares paid for (up to ~$126 a share for all 3).

These shares were sent voluntarily and are represented by someone that has given both bobsag3 and myself very strong anonymous endorsements for our services.

======

Sept. 17, PM Update2: Wow, that was quick! It only took 3 days to get all shares reserved. Thanks everyone!

I"ll continue to work hard and provide transparency in providing you services and payouts. I'll work on the numbers and spreadsheet code soon. But in Hawaii, we say we're: ALL PAU!

A Round 2 co-op member has claimed an additional 4 shares!

ROUND 2 is now CLOSED, pending payments after voting.
    Mahalo!!!

============================

September 17, PM Update: 1 more share reserved! I'm reserving one share for a friend I made online recently. This share may be returned to the pool or I may hold it depending on what this person decides.

4 shares available out of 40!

We're at the 90% filled mark in only about 3 days. Amazing! Thank you everyone! Public spreadsheet updates to follow shortly.

==========

September 17, Update: 11 more shares reserved via 2 new members! Mahalo and Welcome aboard!

5 shares left...

I'll update the spreadsheet-style code shortly, as things are moving too quickly for me to keep up with all the changes, at the moment. I will note that *thirteen* votes have had their control ceded to me so I will have the largest voting bloc with 15 total votes out of 40. However, I vote last in all major decisions (with tiebreaker vote) and make no public opinions on my preference on whatever vote takes place.

September 17, AM Update2: 4 more shares reserved via PM! Gracias and Welcome aboard!

16 shares remaining. Snooze ya lose.  Grin  Wink

Don't forget to vote! Voting and payments are now open (we still need to finalize share price/mfg. via majority vote shortly).

September 17, AM Update
    : 3 more shares reserved by another new co-op member! Mahalo and Welcome aboard!

20 shares now available!

Voting can now begin for Bitmine (est. late Dec. shipping) vs. Cointerra (est. January shipping). Voting is weighted by the number of shares that you own/reserve. EDIT: 2 new voting options added via PM suggestions by 1 co-op member and 1 prospective co-op member.

September 16, late PM Update: 5 more shares reserved by a new co-op member! Thanks and Welcome aboard! The new share owner also has the influential and largest vote in major votes since I vote last and hold a tiebreaker vote in all co-op matters.

3 more shares needed to be reserved for actual sales to begin, and reservations will move from "soft" reservations to pending reservations.

23 shares available!

September 16, PM Update: 1 more share reserved by an anonymous gentleman! Thank you and welcome aboard!

8 more shares needed before payments begin
    28 shares available out of 40.

September 16 update: 3 more shares reserved. Thank you and welcome aboard! 29 shares available! 9 mores shares needed to be reserved before we go to actual sales.

September 15 update
    : 1 month after Round 1 opened up, here's Round 2! 4 more shares soft reserved! Welcome back gentlemen. These shares are reserved by 2 members already in the co-op. I guess I'm doing something right if I'm getting repeat business.  Grin

32 shares available!

These shares are priced *at cost* in USD. There is absolutely NO MARKUP to Group Buy shares for this Round 2 miner.

Since pricing for the products are in USD, the Group Buy Shares can be priced in USD to protect buyers from being ripped off by BTC appreciating rapidly or the GBC from losing out if the value of BTC crashes during the GB.

When the sale is made, the price will be converted to the proper USD/BTC ratio for whatever hardware we decide on between these 2 mfgs. IMHO: You can't beat these share prices unless you're willing to pay people to join your Group Buy.
       Cheesy  Cool

We need 12 more shares held in soft reservations before we go to actual sales either direct or via BTCrow at a small additional fee for those that want escrow. Pricing will be lower if we decide on a 1TH/s Cointerra II in January at a lower cost with twice the out of box hashrate of an upgradeable Bitmine 500GH/s Coincraft rig at the penalty of approx. one month of time.

Share price would be $100 for Cointerra vs. $125 for Bitmine, depending on what the group decides. We can vote on the share price and target machine once 20 shares are reserved. Please see the latest posts on page 11 for more details.

[/list]
    Code:
    Round 2: Bitmine Coincraft or CointerraII or KnC. We need to reach 20 Soft Reservations - no BTC or cash paid - before sales begin. 
    Payouts sent every 2 weeks. Before payout, 2.75% Hosting/Management fees are deducted every 2 weeks once operations begin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    |Shares|    Username     |          Wallet Address             |Share Status|             Notes                     |
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    |  2   |  DyslexicZombei | 17a29H9BhUnaPZgZSdFifPndGxxWQXayuH  |    PAID    |  / Your GB Coordinator / Net. Eng. / Primary Remote Admin      |
    |  0   |  bobsag3        | TBA                                 |    HOST?   | World Class vetted Hosting Avail., W/ Lowest hosting costs        |
    |  1   |  a..........m    | TBA                                 |    PAID  |                                                                  |
    |  2   |  jungle_dave    | TBA                                 |    PAID   | Backup Admin, former EE/Net. Engineer. Plants trees in Amazon!    |
    |  2   |  firsttimeuser  | TBA                                 |    PAID   |    2 / DZ Co-op Round1 HashFast BabyJet Vetted Miner Host         |
    |  2   |  Anonymous      | TBA                                 |    PAID    |  Votes ceded to GBC. Anon. Donation Hero |
    |  1   |  Adamln      | TBA                                 |    PAID   |            Previous co-op member                              |
    |  5   |  Commandermk    | TBA                                 |    PAID   |  Current 2nd largest share owner with earliest vote               |  
    |  7   |  aneutronic     | TBA                                 |    PAID   |   Current largest share owner with earliest vote                  |              
    |  2   |  -Redacted-  | TBA                                 |    PAID   |                                                                       |                      
    |  4   |  baros008      | TBA                                 |    PAID   |                                                                   |
    |  2   |  thomas_s     | TBA                                 |    PAID  |                co-GBC for R3/R4                   |
    | 10   |  Anonymous      | TBA                                 |    PAID   |  Votes ceded to GBC. Manual override avail. GBC votes last.       |

40 shares.
    * 1.5% restock fee for Refunds ** 1.5% fee for optional BTCcrow Escrow protection and dispute resolution. **

PLEASE SEND A PM IF YOU SEE INCORRECT INFO. Mahalo!

Short links about your GBC:

Why you should trust me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276947.msg2956448#msg2956448

My online/offline endorsements: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=280412.msg2997877#msg2997877

Me, as user KauaiDKer, trying to give away a good paying job in paradise at a National Lab in the middle of a recession: http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1373159

Terms and rules of this second Group Buy will follow the details of the first Group Buy's details below where applicable such as refund terms but will use BTCrow for optional escrow at an 1.5% additional fee instead of John K. Escrow like we did in Round 1 as a mandatory fee..

Payment Details

Payments can begin now but we need to finalize share price and manufacturer. Reservations are held for 48 hours for Round 2, starting after we finalize share price/manufacturer. There's two payment options:

Non-Escrowed: direct payment to my wallet address: 17a29H9BhUnaPZgZSdFifPndGxxWQXayuH

Escrowed: 1.5% additional fee. BTC held by BTCrow until manual release by buyer via refund or to finish a completed pre-arranged pre-order.

As usual, refunds are available up until unit ships at a 1.5% restock fee. Refunds are understandable in emergencies but are discouraged because of the chaos caused within a GB (the GBC has to float your shares and either keep the shares or try to find a new buyer).

** Please contact bobsag3 if you're interested in PayPal payments for your shares. If necessary, he's willing to "float" your shares & pay in BTC while your PayPal funds clear payment on his end knowing that a chargeback attempt by the buyer doesn't make sense since the hardware is not arriving to the refunding buyer's house anytime soon. **

Follow up with a PM sent to me with the following details:

Subject: DZ BM/CT GB, 2 shares, your username
    Details: Transmission ID on Blockchain, preferred wallet address for miner payouts

Hosting details for Round 2, copied from post later in thread -

Some benefits of (this) Group Buy with optional Escrow Protection at a small additional fee (so a 3rd party holds funds and does post-sales dispute resolution):

- Access to the very best values (wholesale and/or volume discounts) in ASIC pre-order hardware not usually available to regular miners like us. This is about the only way people can keep up with the rising difficulty if you're just an average person that's not rich.

- Shares available *at cost*, as if you were buying it yourself; no markups whatsoever to your share of ownership of the miner(s).

- Lowest professional hosting prices anywhere, one can search the entire internet and there's no better hosting prices then in this Group Buy and/or through bobsag3's professional service.

- Equipment run in world class hosting site(s) with backup sites available thanks to my mesh network of miner hosts by bobsag3, BeepBeep2, and possibly kaz911 if being voted to be hosted in Europe or the Middle East and with kaz's permission.

- Remote administration by me: a Pro Network Engineer at a Research Lab, and a 2nd former Pro EE/Network Engineer: jungle_dave

- Local administration by one or more IT professional experts: bobsag3, most likely in this case.

- Introductory rate for first contract with World's best miner hosting fees. No hosting prices are lower than this, bar none.

- Business insurance upon delivery and during outbound shipments of hardware.

- 24/7 security with 12 motion triggered IP cameras sent to send live video feeds to bobsag3 if he wins the hosting vote

- My brother is a Police Lt. in the same state as bobsag3, so I should be able to cut through a lot of red tape and get quick help from Law  Enforcement (in state), if necessary. He also kinda sorta knows what the heck a Bitcoin is because I explained it to him (and BFL operating near him) during his last Hawaii vacation.

- We intend to sell this equipment on ebay at about the 6-7 month mark where my wife & I have a 162 perfect rating built up over 10 years as a buyer/seller on ebay. 90%+ of the projected one year returns should have been made by this 6-7 month mark, if you check The Genesis Block Mining Calculator. Most of the returns will have been returned from running the equipment over one year (because of rising difficulty) but we should still be able to recover some of the original purchase costs which will be split up among co-op members after ebay fees.

[9/14 PM UPDATE: The projected target miner is a Bitmine Coincraft rig using 28nm chips: https://bitmine.ch/?product=coincraft-rig

unless someone has a better value/delivery in this price range. With taxes, shipping, UPS/battery purchases, at current share prices for this unit, I actually have to chip in some $/BTC for the UPS unit/Battery backup. The only way you're getting lower prices for a GB of this size/performance/delivery window is if the GB Coordinator is willing to *pay* you to join his or her Group Buy (which I'm already going to be doing since I'm paying extra UPS/Battery costs over and above $5K for this GB).

Another share reserved via PM by an anonymous gentleman! Thank you and welcome aboard!

36 shares available!

Another advantage of this platform...It's expandable! So it won't be immediately obsolete & we can add on modules as needed so it doesn't fall behind compared to its brethren. You'll need to contact bobsag3 if you want to do any PayPal payments in conjunction with this 2nd Group Buy.

===

[9/14 UPDATE: Since what I call: "The little miner co-op that could" has built up an amazing level of redundancy in ultra affordable hosting sites, experienced IT personnel and admins, as well as spare equipment I'm opening up soft reserves for a 2nd miner to be hosted by the DZ Miner's Cooperative AKA "The little miner co-op that could". It would be a shame to not take better advantage of the mesh network of people and hosting sites we've set up in the course of our first Group Buy together.

I'm currently accepting *soft* reserves on 40 shares towards a 2nd miner of an undetermined manufacturer to be hosted with bobsag3 or with BeepBeep2. Please PM me your reservations or post your reservations in the thread below. If 20 shares are reserved, it will be run as the same rules as the first GB except with BTCrow as optional escrow. Other then that: it will run as the same rules as the first GB I ran: ultra lowest costs (lowest available) at the ultra lowest hosting/management prices (2.75%), the lowest hosting prices available anywhere, bar none, using vetted miner hosts.

37 out of 40 shares available!

These are soft reservations with no payment expected at this time. Est. price range of miner is expected to be about $5K split among 40 shares, so: TL;DR: 1 share equals $125 a share at the moment.

** If you're unfamiliar with our co-op, we vote on all major important decisions and we aim to sell the equipment around the 6-7 month mark of operation to lock in some ROI on equipment re-sales. The will of the co-op was so overwhelming in both votes that I didn't even vote in either of the major votes we've had so far. **

[END GROUP BUY 2 SECTION; GROUP BUY 1 DETAILS BELOW]

Edit: [ Info below From Round 1 GB; Round 1 is CLOSED ]

]8/24 UPDATE: The last 2 shares have been claimed by an anonymous gentleman, and are awaiting payment. Thank you for the vote of confidence and welcome aboard! I'm claiming the *other* last two shares (from a 4 share refund) for myself, because I realized having a couple more HashFast shares isn't necessarily the worst thing in the world. Smiley

To update: My share of this miner is now 10 shares out of 40, or 25%. A Group Buyer has stepped forward for the last 2 shares.[/color]

8/21 UPDATE: I have 2 shares available. This miner is already ordered (Order #991). Please PM me if you'd like to own these 2 shares payable via BTC.

8/18/13 UPDATE: PAID and shipping to colo facility[/color]:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/SurfSkateKauai/HashFastBJInvoice-8-18-2013.png

==============

From Aug. Group Buy (2nd miner will have updated pricing & possibly a different mfg.)

PLEASE READ. I AM OFFERING THE VERY BEST PRE-ORDER + HOSTING DEAL ANYWHERE, BAR NONE. If you see a better one please tell me so I can join you and save myself the headache.

TL; DR: 1.55BTC for 10GH/s (aiming for overclock at 12.5 GH/s) + 2.75% Hosting/Management Fees at a Server colocation facility. Dual protection of John K. as escrow/order organizer and HashFast's Miner Protection Program. Besides being the absolute lowest price available, this is likely the most secure pre-order and guaranteed miner payout deal around.

- 40 26 shares available. 0 shares available!

The gentleman who "accidentally" sent a payment for what I thought was the "last" share now gets an extra share for 4 total in this GB!

As we say in Hawaii: "We're all pau! (done)" 1KWAtXU2tNEUGpB7ksi4fEumJeXqZDCfdA

8/17 UPDATE: Still awaiting closure but our order is in and will be taken care of manually when the folks involved are ready. A copy of the invoice of our order will be also be put up just as soon as I receive it:

http://s286.photobucket.com/user/SurfSkateKauai/media/HashFastCase235.png.html?sort=3&o=0

https://blockchain.info/address/1KWAtXU2tNEUGpB7ksi4fEumJeXqZDCfdA

WE"RE ALL PAU, FOLKS! Congratulations all around! Virtual pats on the back...

- 9.4% CHEAPER purchase costs than closest competition! I challenge you to find a better pre-order + hosting deal.  
    - 8.4% CHEAPER hosting than closest competition!

- My secret is I don't care about making a profit on hosting/management fees for your shares since I'll have some of my own shares invested alongside with you! [my share: 6 shares initially, up to 12]  Grin
    - ESCROWED and arranged by John K. All funds (except miner payouts) to be handled by John K.
    - My ~$500 ASICminer shares with associated weekly dividends have already been transferred to John K. for 2-3 months as miner payout collateral

- EDIT: 1 BTC is being valued at $100 USD for this transaction. Since BTC is volatile, if 1 BTC is worth $120 or more (Blockchain value) at time of purchase, I refund you the difference! [Tip o' the hat to trout]
    - ADDENDUM: This BTC currency volatility protection does not apply for ebay/PayPal shares.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
    Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
    DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
    August 15, 2013, 03:11:39 AM
    Last edit: September 19, 2013, 04:29:19 AM by DyslexicZombei

Exact email from John K. from Round 1 GB (CLOSED):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey,

I've read a lot of proposals for group buys at this point, and I must say that yours came across as one of the best written and thought out.   Wink

Everything seems right on track, and I guess I could hold the shares in escrow for the mining payouts, for say 2-3 months until most buyers are comfortable enough for them to be returned to you here.    Cheesy Just get a thread up, and I'll post the contracts etc as always.

Cheers,
    John

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm the new guy here but I've been buying and selling electronics on the 'net for a long time, including reselling giant CRTs and pre-order Wiis. I recently resold 3 Jalapenos on Ebay via my wife's acct:

http://myworld.ebay.com/rainbowlady03

- With me acting as my wife's co-seller for IT related items we have a 160 perfect feedback rating as a Buyer/Seller on ebay built up over 10 years.

- I'm a former Sr. Electronics Technician & a current IT Network Engineer. I've allowed John to vet my ID in preparation for this GB. Organizing something like this is a piece of cake compared to designing prototype IT Hardware for the DoD at low TRL numbers. I've sent my LinkedIn profile link to John as part of my verification process. Here's some stories & pics of me working as a Sr. Tech at a National Lab for a premier rocket test facility (yes, I used to launch rockets for a living):

http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1373159
    http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showthreaded.php?Number=1373957&page=0

- I can msg. you the same msg. from my Reddit account (same name), BTC Talk account, ebay account and/or even this Surfermag account (username: KauaiDKer) to prove that I can access all 4 accounts. Send me a PM here if you do, as I'm not constantly checking Reddit, ebay, or Surfermag for PMs.

8/15/13 update: I've already paid John K. up front for his escrow services and have already deposited 15% of the Group Buy funds into his escrow wallet set up for this transaction. He will be handling all funds, shipping details, and overseeing miner payouts. Since I'm giving John K. control of the purchase funds and my AM shares as collateral for miner payouts, this combined with HashFast's Miner Protection Program make this the most secure pre-order anywhere. 8/15/13 UPDATE: MY 15% GB PAYMENT & ASICminer SHARES SENT TO JOHN K. Confirmed.

I can offer the lowest rates because I intend to make little or no profit on other people's shares and I'm bankrolling part of the purchase which means I'm sharing the same risk as you.

Please use this thread to reserve your share(s). 34 shares are available at 1.55BTC for 10GH/s, the very lowest Group Buy or pre-order price you will find ANYWHERE. Just list the amount below you would like reserved - or PM me if you want to stay anonymous. Payment details below.

===============================================================
    HOW TO PURCHASE GROUP SHARES - 8/15/13 update  UPDATE 9/15: Details below for Round 1 GB via John K. Escrow. Please see post above for payment details.

1. Send me a PM or post here how many shares you would like reserved at the rate of 1.55BTC for 10GH/s. They will be reserved for 24 hours for 5 shares or more, or 48 hours for 4 or less.

2. PM John K. so he will know to expect your payment.
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=31288
    Subject: DZ HF/CT GB, x shares

2. John K. will NOT be sending you a PM (sorry for the confusion, he's a busy man). John K. has listed the Escrowed Group Buy Account wallet address below):

1KWAtXU2tNEUGpB7ksi4fEumJeXqZDCfdA

Please send payments to John K.'s escrow wallet address shown above. Please send a signed message, if possible, (Send Money / Custom) from your Blockchain wallet so that John can keep track of your payment
    : [/s]

A good template for your custom signed message to me would be something like:

For DZ HF/CT Group Buy, x shares, x BTC
    Your BTC Talk user name

===============================================================

Excerpt from my proposal letter to John K. (before Round 1 GB):

"Competition is good! I also don't intend to make much $ from other people's shares, I'm more concerned about trying to make ROI from my shares of the miner. Since I'm covering 15-30% of the costs up front, it allows me to offer a lower rate then if I had no stake invested. I've come to the conclusion that this is probably the future of mining. I think this is the bare min. I can offer ATM w/out having to pay for other people's shares. I also offer a realistic resale plan to recoup investment costs as an escape route, after most of the projected annual ROI has been returned after 6-7 months while it should still have high resale value, but well before it becomes a paperweight after 13 months or so.

Proposition: You hold in escrow the funds and ordering details for a Group Buy Purchase for one (1) HashFast or CoinTerra ASIC miner (majority decision, I vote last, cast any deciding vote) to be advertised on this site. You chime in on the proposed thread that you're holding 9.3 of my BTC to begin & AM shares worth approx. another ~5 BTC as collateral throughout. When sufficient Group Buy shares are made you purchase the ASIC miner for us to be sent to a reliable hosting facility such as DreamHost, whom I've already contacted for details on hosting fees.

Collateral/Escrow: You immediately hold 9.3BTC meant for the Group Buy - and admin rights for my 1 AM1 share & 14 AM100 shares with associated dividends worth approx. $500 at Havelock Investments as collateral until the miner is ordered to be delivered to a trusted 3rd party hosting location OR until all miner payouts are paid out - before the GB even begins. I'm also willing to share or give admin rights to the HF or CT miner account to you or a trusted designate, and have my AM shares in escrow while miner deposits are made over 6-7 months.

Details: My current share of 9.3 BTC represents 60GH/s or 15% of Purchase Price/Hash Rate of the projected device. If CoinTerra offers a better deal in the same timeframe, the 15/85% split will still remain in effect but at a (hopefully) higher GH/s rate for everyone (Owners vote). I'm selling 34 shares worth 10GH/s each @ 1.55 BTC each with 2.75% Hosting fees.

This represents 85% of the device's Hash Rate.
    This is the best pre-order deal anywhere online, bar none. I call it the Noob bonus. I reserve the right to pull the Group Buy if there's not enough interest, fully refunding everyone who bought shares through your escrow service. I also reserve the right to purchase an additional 6 shares @ 1.55BTC ea. to quickly finish off the Group Buy, if necessary.

Deposit payout: Miner ships domestically to Hosting facility October 20-30. Payout every 2 weeks - 2.75% Hosting fees for 6-7 months (Group Decides how long, majority weighted vote rules)

Equipment sale: TGB projections show that this will be a paperweight in a year. If conditions warrant: I intend to sell this at the 6-7 month mark when more than 90% of annual ROI is already achieved and disburse the proceeds to GB owners before it becomes useless as far as Hash Rate. Owners vote to decide on exact month. I have a good track record for getting good returns on used electronics before they lose too much value. We can replace it with a more powerful Group Purchased ASIC unit if there's interest.

Fees: Since it's complicated, I will pay all expected escrow fees of 2.2% up front to get this started. The total sale should be about 60.6BTC raised. If the Group Buy fails due to lack of interest (2-3 wks?), you keep half of the paid fee and return to me half of the agreed upon fee.

Risk: I could be a dick about mining payouts. Not sure how to handle that. Would you escrow payouts for that somehow for a fee? Perhaps hold my AM shares as collateral for that, like I mentioned?  I'd be willing to let you hold the AM shares as collateral for 6-7 months to make sure people get paid or at least partially reimbursed. Otherwise they'll have to trust me from previous behavior. That & I strongly believe in Karma so I would NEVER hurt GB owners. We can negotiate a fee for miner payouts later, if you're interested."
    DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
    August 15, 2013, 03:35:27 AM
    Last edit: August 15, 2013, 04:33:32 AM by DyslexicZombei

That's all the relevant details. I'm still deciding on the colocation facility but I've found pricing and locations I'm comfortable with.

One more detail: We all vote on what gets ordered but I also reserve the right to switch miner purchase to a different mfg. if a dark horse (KnC/BF?) offers an even better deal with in-stock guarantees. If we need to move quickly (due to very limited quantities for example as a result of some sort of unknown mfg. promotion) and don't have time for democracy, I'll make the decision that I think is best for the group and ask John to order the miner for us.

John K. will be handling any refund requests directly, auditing miner payouts, as well as holding my AM shares as collateral for 2-3 months worth of miner payouts. Please PM if you have any questions.

If not, better hurry, because at these prices, who knows how long these shares will last?  Wink
    DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
    August 15, 2013, 04:37:20 AM

First reservation! Thank you!

33 shares now available.

Heading to dinner, I'll BBL & remember: I'm not handling any pre-order BTC funds directly; they will be held in escrow by John K. when he gets caught up and he will be contacting you directly via PM for the GB funds wallet address set up for this transaction. (Thanks John, you rock!)
    trout

Activity: 333
    Merit: 251

View Profile
    August 15, 2013, 05:08:10 AM

looks good.

I'd like to reserve 2 shares.

But please comment on one thing firsT: what happens if the BTC/USD rate change significantly
    by the time you have to order the device? As far as I understand, they are priced in USD.
    DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
    August 15, 2013, 06:38:58 AM

looks good.

I'd like to reserve 2 shares.

But please comment on one thing firsT: what happens if the BTC/USD rate change significantly
    by the time you have to order the device? As far as I understand, they are priced in USD.

Thank you and welcome! 31 shares out of 40 left!

Great point about the exchange rate! Thanks for pointing that out. I truly believe that us miners are all in this together which is why I'm offering this. I'm basing this on 1 BTC being valued at $100 USD (Blockchain price at time of confirmation from John K. that all funds are confirmed received and we're ready to order). If there's a +20% variance where BTC is worth 20% more and accomplishes the same buying power of about $6,060 [60.6BTC @ $100 ea.], I will refund you 20% (or more) if the Blockchain BTC value at the time of ordering is $120 USD (or more) per BTC. I truly meant what I said about not trying to profit directly from other people's share in a High End ASIC miner.

If the value of BTC is somehow 20% less, or $80 USD Coinbase price, then we'll need to revisit the Group Buy details. Either additional fees will need to be ponied up by everyone, or the GB will be abandoned and all share purchases refunded by John K.

Anything in between that: I'll pay out of pocket if we're a little short to get this started or I'll hold a small war chest to be used to get better hosting deals by signing a 6 or 7 month contract vs. the 1 month hosting fee.

- Another thing I should have mentioned earlier: I was also planning on mining on Elgius for 0% mining fees so our shares are larger.
    - I'm open to suggestions about how to openly share the XLS sheet keeping track of everyone's shares. Is Dropbox ok?
    Hektek

Activity: 329

View Profile
    August 15, 2013, 07:30:28 AM

i want to reserve one share, you are going to get an HashFast Baby Jet Miner ?

best regards

DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
    August 15, 2013, 07:42:54 AM
    Last edit: August 15, 2013, 08:04:56 AM by DyslexicZombei

Hi Hektek,

Thank you! Welcome aboard! 30 shares left!

Yes, we're aiming for a Baby Jet. If there's a serious delay, we'll ask for a refund and aim for Cointerra who should be shipping in Nov/Dec. Ideally, we need to start mining in November, no matter who supplies the High End miner. KnC/Bitfury - at much lower prices - are options.

So order of preference is:

1. HashFast
    2. CoinTerra
    3. KnC/Bitfury

If HashFast delays too long, we'll seek a refund through John, and open up the purchase options for weighted voting, with me voting last and holding any swing vote. I do reserve the right to ask John K. to do a quick order if something unusual occurred like a 24 hr. 33% off sale on in-stock items somewhere, somehow (one can only dream) when it's time to order.
    hasher87

Activity: 686
    Merit: 500

View Profile
    August 15, 2013, 08:18:13 AM

looking good, any thought of bringing all those shares to bitfunder/btct once everything is done?
    forevernoob

Activity: 687
    Merit: 500

View Profile
    August 15, 2013, 08:35:50 AM

So how long before JohnK starts collecting?

What's stopping somebody from reserving all shares just to fuck around?

jungle_dave

Activity: 200
    Merit: 100

View Profile
    August 15, 2013, 01:39:59 PM

Sounds good!!
    Any problems accepting PP or WU as you have to buy this equipment in cash?
    I would be happy to pay the extra fees just let me know.
    John (John K.)
    Global Troll-buster and
    Legendary

Activity: 1288
    Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
    August 15, 2013, 05:43:48 PM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

Please note that I have yet to receive the collateral in shares as stated here. I will confirm the receipt in a separate post when done.

The escrow address for DyslexicZombei's group buy is:

Please state and agree to the conditions (if item is received damaged, item lost with tracking, customs fee etc) beforehand.

If possible, GPG sign your agreement to prevent any discrepancies later on and please ship with tracking to prevent problems during delivery.
    GPG signing is not a requirement, and any verbal exchange in the form of private messages or posts on bitcointalk.org, or email is effective as a statement of condition.

Do note that I am only responsible for the funds up to the point it is sent to HashFast/CoinTerra.
    Any losses incurred by HashFast/CoinTerra's or DyslexicZombei's failure to ship/pay out dividends will not be borne by me, but I will liquidate the shares held by me (currently worth about 5BTC) to pay the shareholders back partially if DyslexicZombei fails to pay out the dividends. Please note that I do not hold any form of ID of DyslexicZombei here, nor any personal contact information.

The fine print:
    This Contract is solely generated for the purpose of facilitating the transaction between the seller and the buyer, which refers to the pseudonyms used on bitcointalk.org.
    The escrow holder, John, assumes and gives no liability or guarantees on the satisfaction of all parties involved, although he agrees to mediate and facilitate the deal to the fullest extent he is capable of.  On the event that any problems arises, he will release the escrow to whichever party that presents him with the most convincing proof and/or after an open discussion with others or theymos. 
    The verbal acceptance by both parties (or the failure to reject) and the sending of Bitcoins to the escrow address above constitutes the acceptance of the terms and conditions stated, and the activation of this Contract.

Please understand that I am assuming the risk of holding the escrowed Bitcoins, and I am using my own time to facilitate this transaction.   
    I am imposing a fixed and nonrefundable fee of 2.2% for this transaction, to be deducted when the funds are moved or otherwise. If the group buy fails due to the lack of interest, 1.1% of the fee will be released back to DyslexicZombei.

Thank you.

John (the escrow holder)
    16 August 2013

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (MingW32)

iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJSDRMMAAoJEINT5jezqu6wHxcP/02vRmKf1qYxF9pDCmwXpHKn
    8fGCopX4B8vcL0CmcqKX5DqfuI/AHOxtYfsXepS1wl17eb/BrLL11yiGk7c+xGbt
    Jh8uMg/kxFsHRxJ5DDq5Txe54mMvSv7hyWYJ94qPnkJJAUNabz6+Qal6uH2bHpqR
    o2adKrlNtMZj90a5Q1mUtgtbq++9EOqKzjUo/6RXkgoc68OuxKt4cL2+tgC7iFBd
    Ft6IRyvMbdWRglXdJWoXl8ZNX84LqWBQ5BhPDQo7OQ8XhAY9K87uazpZyGmSvmrO
    vh1PyEe+IRznGI3oNoE9oogL0fWMkWzoyEtE/zSliqTWSaJ4Dfexj1d+RREsNLvv
    srMPPZzFCl6+6rK+qBByOFe/DFjzZd5WBmKBK9bZSdgHUMPPopUf2iW3CFCYx8Qa
    FS1sh/T+ieYvmKZneNtq9BbfYCJYbddOOr365rakdcQRLsHUILJ5hZqdK/sAVyxK
    8zvb+RSF+vLFF4Y++7nJXCNRFL4BrZOXX1R+q6/504RaxdysvGT3DeccSwndnYYh
    8BgcND1J731QP5EvUAdeLMgwvL9H1nPMq13BFMS19xkRwSyGwJDaFpkQiGU3NCFz
    e23IK1LTFJZOZ1YN0Ithr8trWavWq0EH79T3sOxDDDmbi6rYQwD7Dzbfne4rTMt1
    /dKHCbHqosojr2/WIWX/
    =aaWq
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
    DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
    August 15, 2013, 06:23:26 PM
    Last edit: August 15, 2013, 06:58:57 PM by DyslexicZombei

Thank you John!

Sending my 15% of the Group Buy funds & admin rights to my Havelock Investments for ASICMiner shares as collateral to you in a few minutes.
    EDIT: AM shares were transferred directly to John K. as miner payout collateral for 2-3 months

I'll address concerns below:

- I'm leaning towards BitFunder for miner payouts but will go with BTCT if the majority of buyers prefer this
    - Nothing is to stop someone from reserving a bunch of shares & being a jerk. They could only slow us down. If I see someone that is requesting 5 or more shares, I'm going to have to request payment to John within 24 hours, as a hedge against this type of behavior. If you're buying 4 shares or less, the usual 48 hours to pay for your shares apply.
    - Dave: I thought about offering PP to provide value & ease of payment. I may do that with future GBs I may undertake if I'm handling funds directly, but since John K. is handling funds for this, I'm sorry I can't offer PP for this GB. It would require something like 4-5 business days for me to convert it from PP to BTC at this time.
    philipma1957
    Legendary

Activity: 4102
    Merit: 7722

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
    August 15, 2013, 06:52:25 PM

I will take 1 share for 1.55btc  have John send me a pm

▄▄███████▄▄
    ▄██████████████▄
    ▄██████████████████▄
    ▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
    ▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
    ███████████▄███████████
    ██████████▄█▀███████████
    ██████████▀████████████
    ▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
    ▀██████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
     MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
    .. PLAY NOW ..
    DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
    August 15, 2013, 07:05:26 PM
    Last edit: August 15, 2013, 08:16:58 PM by DyslexicZombei

Hi phillipma1957,

Thank you! And welcome aboard!

John K. has listed the Escrowed Group Buy Account wallet address above (he's probably going to be too busy to contact everyone individually):

Please send a signed message, if possible, (Send Money / Custom) from your Blockchain wallet so that John can keep track of your payment:

A good template for your custom signed message to John K. would be something like:

Your BTC Talk user name

There was some interest from a few other people. Did anyone else want to reserve?

29 shares now available.
    jungle_dave

Activity: 200
    Merit: 100

View Profile
    August 15, 2013, 07:07:27 PM

Thanks for the answer, and I get your point.
    Bitcoins are a ""bit" expensive and hard to come by in my part of the jungle but I'll see what I can work out in the next few days..
    DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
    August 15, 2013, 07:33:11 PM
    Last edit: August 15, 2013, 08:13:22 PM by DyslexicZombei

Yup, I hear ya. Had to deal with the same delays transferring PP funds to checking. I used BTCQuick with 7.5% fees until my Coinbase account passed the 30 day mark. BTCQuick *is* quick but a bit pricey as far as fees.

Now, I can buy BTC instantly w/ a 1% fee at Coinbase. Just some suggestions if you're looking for ways to buy BTC without getting scammed.

Another PM received! Thank you! Your share is reserved for 48 hours.

28 shares available.
    Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
    August 15, 2013, 08:42:38 PM

hmmm... I want to wait for Cointerra but this seems like a good deal right here!

Might have to get a couple of shares.

*puts on thinking cap*
    philipma1957
    Legendary

Activity: 4102
    Merit: 7722

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
    August 15, 2013, 10:33:21 PM

Hi phillipma1957,

Thank you! And welcome aboard!

John K. has listed the Escrowed Group Buy Account wallet address above (he's probably going to be too busy to contact everyone individually):

Please send a signed message, if possible, (Send Money / Custom) from your Blockchain wallet so that John can keep track of your payment:

A good template for your custom signed message to John K. would be something like:

Your BTC Talk user name

coinbase will send me coins on friday morning   I should send out my 1.55 btc by 11 am east coast time.. philipma1957

▄▄███████▄▄
    ▄██████████████▄
    ▄██████████████████▄
    ▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
    ▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
    ███████████▄███████████
    ██████████▄█▀███████████
    ██████████▀████████████
    ▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
    ▀██████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
     MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
    .. PLAY NOW ..
    DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
    August 16, 2013, 12:46:20 AM

No, this isn't ordered yet. They have about 300 units remaining as of this morning.

ROI is always a concern on pre-orders. I think 250M *might* be a tad high for the start of November. You're talking about the entire network growing 500% in just 2 months, when it took 4 years to get to this point. We're seeing exponential growth but we're not seeing *that* level of exponential growth quite yet. You're right though, this could be an entirely different story in late Oct. when a lot of machines have come online.

With all the hardware on order this incredible growth rate you predict is possible. Not likely, but possible. It *will* go up, we know it's going to be a lot, but no one knows how much. Not sure if you're aware, but HashFast is promising 2-4X your HashRate (in chips) if you fail to meet ROI within 3 months:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272906.0

AFAIK, no other ASIC mfg. has offered this type of miner hash rate protection, which is why I'm targeting HashFast - besides their credentials and expertise - for this Group Buy.

Received another PM! Thank you! 27 shares remaining.
    Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
      Print  

Jump to: