Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:42:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st Annual Super Bowlero Pool  (Read 689 times)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1106

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:48:07 AM

I think phishead only sent 0.14 when he was supposed to send 0.18, but whatever, go eagles!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phishead (OP)

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 01:49:44 AM

I think phishead only sent 0.14 when he was supposed to send 0.18, but whatever, go eagles!

Iggles are looking pretty good right about now.

But nah, there was some last minute people trying to get more squares at the end... you and Hueristic ended up getting 6 more along with LennyCarl and I got 7 more... so that would be 0.14
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4905

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:37:07 AM

Iggles are looking pretty good right about now.

But nah, there was some last minute people trying to get more squares at the end... you and Hueristic ended up getting 6 more along with LennyCarl and I got 7 more... so that would be 0.14

I'll square up with the winner.

Congrats explorer!

Cool!

You want to make me look at football to find out the scoring/squares, aren't you?  Not going to do it.  Someone will detail it here eventually  Tongue

Ohhhh phishead already updated the OP.  Nice work man!  I appreciate the effort you put into this (even before the win  Cheesy )

lolol.

Tha... that's the spirit... Sad

No problemo... Figuring out who got what squares was a pain in the ass, but I ended up staying home for the SB so I had extra time to keep on top of it... Next year I'll have to figure out a simpler way to pick squares.  Tongue

I bet there is a site for it lol, did you even check? I didn't. Smiley

W00TTT!!! GRONK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 02:52:07 AM

I bet there is a site for it lol, did you even check? I didn't. Smiley

Nahhh... never even thought to check, and didn't feel like taking the extra time to figure out how to set it up... maybe I can figure that out for the Super Bowlero 2.0
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:00:52 AM

I don't know who's got eagles 8 or 0 versus Patriot 3 but let's go eagles!
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:02:45 AM

I don't know who's got eagles 8 or 0 versus Patriot 3 but let's go eagles!

Hueristic, jwinterm  Wink
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:10:15 AM

SHIT I have to root for myself to lose!!!

Watch Pilly will put up another three and explorer will win. Smiley

Lol Explorer might get both halfs! Smiley

Pats score and JW gets it!

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 03:14:52 AM

Man... so many interesting situations were going on.  If Brady woulda got sacked Hueristic woulda won... crazy ending
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 03:19:24 AM

Annnnnnndddddd congrats again to explorer!  Good game everyone, I will need to figure out how to make it easier for next year but I like doing these type of pools.  Hope everyone had fun Smiley
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:30:14 AM

Annnnnnndddddd congrats again to explorer!  Good game everyone, I will need to figure out how to make it easier for next year but I like doing these type of pools.  Hope everyone had fun Smiley

I have laughed a lot over this.  Thank you, good people, I hereby resolve to watch a football game.  Er, someday.

Curiously, I just read this  https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/products_services/socrates/superbowl-lii-can-a-model-ever-be-created/

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:58:24 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 04:12:05 AM by Hueristic

CONGRATS Explorer! Great fun, My Pats and I lost, how did that happen! Smiley

PM me what I owe you. Smiley

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/products_services/socrates/superbowl-lii-can-a-model-ever-be-created/

I don't follow this guy, is he being serious?

jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:24:04 AM

So explorer won both halves? Pm me address to send wallet to for all winners por favor.
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:43:10 AM

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/products_services/socrates/superbowl-lii-can-a-model-ever-be-created/

Yep.  Fascinating life he's had.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:09:18 AM

I've seen Shelby drop his links about but never really read them Just reading shelby's posts can become a job in itself. Smiley

explorer
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:36:39 AM

I've seen Shelby drop his links about but never really read them Just reading shelby's posts can become a job in itself. Smiley

Ya, Shelby is... Prolific.  Still posting?  I dropped all of the threads I was following due to time constraints, and never picked back up.
  If you have time, Armstrong's life and models are well worth looking at.  Or find the film that was made "The Forecaster".  Banned in USA, of course LOL
LennyCarl

Activity: 176
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:42:41 AM

Congrats explorer! No idea what my numbers were until now. Oh well. It was pretty fun but we can do better next time, I think.

explorer
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:51:15 AM

Congrats explorer! No idea what my numbers were until now. Oh well. It was pretty fun but we can do better next time, I think.

Thanks!  Yeah, hopefully a lot more players next time.  I hoped the double draw would at least reduce the chance of buying the pot, but I guess my luck is in  Cool  I've had a really good weekend, and a couple moneroj is a fine icing on the cake!
monerostruggles1111

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:52:06 AM

Congratulations explorer and thanks phishead for the work you put in. This was a cool game.

Can anybody tell me if Shelby is insane, like schizophrenic maybe? I spent a lot of time reading his posts a while ago and came out of it feeling like I'd been duped into wasting my time. He writes so much and says so little, it's really frustrating. Also do you have any concrete recommendations you've taken out of Armstrong's research? Are any of his paid products worthwhile?
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:28:07 AM

Congratulations explorer and thanks phishead for the work you put in. This was a cool game.

Can anybody tell me if Shelby is insane, like schizophrenic maybe? I spent a lot of time reading his posts a while ago and came out of it feeling like I'd been duped into wasting my time. He writes so much and says so little, it's really frustrating. Also do you have any concrete recommendations you've taken out of Armstrong's research? Are any of his paid products worthwhile?

Shelby is a little full of himself, as many intelligent people are, and does a lot of tail chasing.  Sanity is harder to nail down.  Stupid unimaginative people may appear sane, but maybe they are just stupid and unimaginative, hmm?  Crazy people may just be on another wavelength, not necessarily having a short circuit.  I'm certainly not going to point any fingers in the sanity field.  Not until I get out of this I Love Me jacket, anyway  Cheesy

One of my favorite quotes ever  Grin  :
“The thing about smart mother fuckers is that sometimes, they sound like crazy mother fuckers to stupid mother fuckers...”
-Robert Kirkman

I haven't paid for any Armstrong products, but his major calls on world/economic/social/political events are astounding,  years or decades ahead, and he sells out his conferences to a very high powered crowd.  I don't trade anything in the legacy system,( just watch what's locked in bleed) so trading calls don't interest me, just the trends and reversals for their prescience.  His understanding of crypto seems cursory, at best despite being a coder and an economist/trader, but there's not much history for him to work from, and he's old.  Worth a dive down the rabbit hole, just to see the depth and breadth of his data sets.  Don't worry, despite the horrible lack of proof reading, he's much easier to read than SM3.

jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:46:42 PM

Ok, 1.959 XMR paid out to explorer:
b436f2c70fcf809dad535860fb4b932fc2b749d810254bfd096dd16c62ca18f6

Congrats explorer, but more importantly, congrats eagles! And thanks phishead for doing all the dirty work. See you guys in March or whenever.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: