Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 12:17:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting around KYC for ICOs  (Read 664 times)
ICO-Master (OP)

Activity: 189
Merit: 13

Filter the wheat from the chaff.

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:41:20 PM

KYC its good for excluding multiaccounts, but we must know about it from beginning before bounty campaign.
Many users want to keep anonymous, and second reason dev's can lost documents on hacking

And why does the development team don't like multiaccounts? What the difference for advertisement of the project if there are two persons or just one?
No, I think they need KYC to collect the knowledge who exactly are their clients to select the target audience.

Probably they don't like multiaccounts when they have individual limits.
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:50:57 PM

No, I think they need KYC to collect the knowledge who exactly are their clients to select the target audience.
They need KYC because some countries have different restrictions on ICOs (not to the general concept of ICO but on the specific fields of the current ones).
Is it safe to whitelist someone's ethereum address on your personal data? It seems too easy to avoid this step. Also I still can't fully understand this because the further token transfers are not controlled by KYC and cand be blocked.

limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:52:14 PM

There are pros and cons in kyc, but i disagree with this kyc. Because I think many difficult investors to do this verification and some ID Cards from the state can not be accepted in kyc, this is obviously detrimental to investors. We can see from the utrust project, there are many investors who complain of not being able to verify their account and there are investors who ask for their investment funds to be returned.
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:52:41 PM

I will advice you get some credibility on the forum before thinking of doing that. you are still a newbie and I don't think community will trust you on that.
Atleast get to a hero member then people might try to believe you. As a newbie or even a jnr member. That's a red flag for me.
my opinion
rhenrhen

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:58:53 PM

I agree with the KYC policy. I worked in a bank before and this KYC policy would help a lot in the identification (true identity) of clients. They can easily be tracked if there are problems and possibilities of fraud will diminish. This policy will also avoid fraudulent activities and scams. However, there should be a standard regulations for this e.g IDs as what others are concerned of.
ICO-Master (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:29:25 PM

I will advice you get some credibility on the forum before thinking of doing that. you are still a newbie and I don't think community will trust you on that.
Atleast get to a hero member then people might try to believe you. As a newbie or even a jnr member. That's a red flag for me.
my opinion

Member accounts are bought and sold like candy here and provide no credibility for a transaction.
tomsk99

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:58:07 PM

Would you be open to taking suggestions on potential investments in certain ICO's?
thinklab71
Copper Member

Activity: 183

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:10:06 PM

Why do some countries like the US banned from ICO's? https://crypterium.io/ was a large ICO and took USA residents so why can't others?
tomsk99

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:21:09 PM

Many ICOs have KYC requirements now and do not allow people from several countries (incl. USA, China, etc).  In case anyone is affected by this, pls have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2805785.0

Hey sorry for the trouble but was hoping to send you a pm from a new account but I'm getting this...

"User 'ICO-Master' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies. You should post in their relevant thread to remind them to enable this setting."
ICO-Master (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:27:31 PM

Many ICOs have KYC requirements now and do not allow people from several countries (incl. USA, China, etc).  In case anyone is affected by this, pls have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2805785.0

Hey sorry for the trouble but was hoping to send you a pm from a new account but I'm getting this...

"User 'ICO-Master' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies. You should post in their relevant thread to remind them to enable this setting."

I have fixed the setting and you can now send me PM.  Please fix your setting under Personal message Options so I can reply.
cyruh203

Activity: 165

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:26:18 PM

Many ICOs have KYC requirements now and do not allow people from several countries (incl. USA, China, etc).  In case anyone is affected by this, pls have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2805785.0

i have done one campaign last year and until now i havnt paid yet because the manager said that the KYC nt yet release. i laways encounter this word KYC. what thus KYC mean?

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
ICO-Master (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:32:28 PM

i have done one campaign last year and until now i havnt paid yet because the manager said that the KYC nt yet release. i laways encounter this word KYC. what thus KYC mean?

Banking terminology for Know Your Client.  Usually requires identity verification (and in the case of banking, verifying source of funds).
gutshot5820

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:47:16 PM

Very interesting....I wonder who would've done this for Polymath's airdrop lol.
nightmanisrightman

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:52:02 PM

I am not directly effected but I don't understand what the need is for this for ICOs. I mean I think it does more harm than help and besides if the ICO is a scam it will only hurt and not help anybody.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
kolaska

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

The future of advertisement intelligence

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:12:29 PM

I don't understand why the need for KYC and how it can protect investors. I think that for investors, this procedure is undesirable. I'm against it.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀ ● ◯ SaTT - The Revolution of Advertising Transactions ◯ ● ▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███    Website | Ann Thread | Whitepaper | Facebook | Twitter | Telegram    ███
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   PRE-SALE COMPLETED IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS!   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
audrey12

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:17:44 PM

I'm actually surprise about this KYC requirement for investors and even in signature, telegram and social media campaign because as far as I know cryptos as made to become anonymous but with KYC you need to disclose some personal imformations especially in ICOs does this means they put restrictions as to whom investment and opportunities will only be available?
ICO-Master (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:31:08 PM

Very interesting....I wonder who would've done this for Polymath's airdrop lol.

I missed Polymath. What was special about it?

I reserve the right to refuse any ICO based on if I feel it's a scam.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 04:42:42 AM

This is awesome idea, a win win situation for investor who from restricted country. But how this system work ? you just do the kyc service for their account and you get pay, or pay at front with escrow service ?
But it would be something very difficult to get implemented on most ICO's in here, since most of them are just applying and licking the ass of the SEC and all that real shit.
Anyway, KYC is very disgusting, that is why i am trying to avoid that kind of icos.

I support this opinion. I try to circumvent all these KYC checks and do it only in extreme cases when the ICO team suddenly changes their mind about the KYC check when I have been participating in the ICO bounty campaign for a long time.
I believe that ICO teams need to begin to implement the FATF recommendations of June 21 this year and require bounty hunters to undergo such a test if the amount of tokens we receive exceeds one thousand dollars. And then, here you need to finally make sure whether such a requirement on KYC applies to those who not only send transactions in cryptocurrency for this amount, but also receive it. In any case, it is time to stop demanding a KYC check if such amounts are very small.
leavolnhals

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 05:32:26 AM

It is definitely a good service. Americans and Chinese actually have a lot of difficulty buying tokens at some ICO projects.
But now KYC types are sold at very low prices, about 1 $ / KYC.
It seems that the creator of this service has offered a high fee.

ALLAH 1

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 08:55:36 AM

But it would be something very difficult to get implemented on most ICO's in here, since most of them are just applying and licking the ass of the SEC and all that real shit.
Anyway, KYC is very disgusting, that is why i am trying to avoid that kind of icos.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: