Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:44:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Eupter USB August batch update  (Read 16601 times)
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 06:47:43 PM

Pretty much no one is going to make a profit on most other miners either. If/when they get it.

So you're saying that if you had $39 in your pocket, and you converted it into BTC and purchased a miner with it.. you mine it for a year or two, and you will never get your $39 back?  What if a BTC suddenly climbs to $10,000 in a couple of years.. and this only generated 0.2 BTC at that time (a net BTC loss), you would still have $2000?  If these can make 0.01 BTC in 3-4 days, who's to say that 0.01 BTC isn't worth >$40 soon?

People purchase these for different reasons.  I have many of these purring away right now and I have already earned over 20-30% of their cost.  If at the end of the year they have only earned 60% that's okay with me.  It's better than pre-ordering a BFL and a year later it hasn't arrived, at least with these you can do your profit calculations knowing that it will be in your hand in a day or so. 

These make an excellent choice for first-timers of Bitcoin particularly, even though holding BTC is an even better way to guarantee profits. 

There is also the PPCoin angle.  If you point yours at PP, there is a chance that by the end of the year the PPCoin hashrate skyrockets and block reward plummets, and you could convert your PP into BTC at a profit.

*Who knows* what will happen in this crypto world, and what the best choices are, but don't hate on the USB miner because they are "outrageously" priced at 0.39 BTC!  I remember paying 40 BTC for a 5870 not long ago.  If you want a miner, buy one, if not, keep it to yourself! Smiley
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:50:49 PM

Pretty much no one is going to make a profit on most other miners either. If/when they get it.

So you're saying that if you had $39 in your pocket, and you converted it into BTC and purchased a miner with it.. you mine it for a year or two, and you will never get your $39 back?  What if a BTC suddenly climbs to $10,000 in a couple of years.. and this only generated 0.2 BTC at that time (a net BTC loss), you would still have $2000?  If these can make 0.01 BTC in 3-4 days, who's to say that 0.01 BTC isn't worth >$40 soon?

People purchase these for different reasons.  I have many of these purring away right now and I have already earned over 20-30% of their cost.  If at the end of the year they have only earned 60% that's okay with me.  It's better than pre-ordering a BFL and a year later it hasn't arrived, at least with these you can do your profit calculations knowing that it will be in your hand in a day or so.  

These make an excellent choice for first-timers of Bitcoin particularly, even though holding BTC is an even better way to guarantee profits.  

There is also the PPCoin angle.  If you point yours at PP, there is a chance that by the end of the year the PPCoin hashrate skyrockets and block reward plummets, and you could convert your PP into BTC at a profit.

*Who knows* what will happen in this crypto world, and what the best choices are, but don't hate on the USB miner because they are "outrageously" priced at 0.39 BTC!  I remember paying 40 BTC for a 5870 not long ago.  If you want a miner, buy one, if not, keep it to yourself! Smiley
You forget, these are the people who claim that buying a BTC miner is the SAME as buying BTC.  Therefore, you NEED to be able to get your BTC back or you you have failed.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 06:59:18 PM

Neverreachableroi again?..

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:04:32 PM

So you're saying that if you had $39 in your pocket, and you converted it into BTC and purchased a miner with it.. you mine it for a year or two, and you will never get your $39 back?  What if a BTC suddenly climbs to $10,000 in a couple of years.. and this only generated 0.2 BTC at that time (a net BTC loss), you would still have $2000?  If these can make 0.01 BTC in 3-4 days, who's to say that 0.01 BTC isn't worth >$40 soon?
When you decide to buy an ASIC miner you are deciding to buy a variable stream of BTC. If one can estimate the total expected BTC, then one can price that BTC and compare it to buying BTC off an exchange. If you can get the BTC off an exchange for a lot less, then the miner will not yield good investment returns compared to just buying BTC.

People purchase these for different reasons.  I have many of these purring away right now and I have already earned over 20-30% of their cost.  If at the end of the year they have only earned 60% that's okay with me.  It's better than pre-ordering a BFL and a year later it hasn't arrived, at least with these you can do your profit calculations knowing that it will be in your hand in a day or so. 
Thats fine. I consider them superior to BFL as well, since the USB sticks actually exist.

I wouldn't say guarantee, but otherwise I agree.

There is also the PPCoin angle.  If you point yours at PP, there is a chance that by the end of the year the PPCoin hashrate skyrockets and block reward plummets, and you could convert your PP into BTC at a profit.
Perhaps.

*Who knows* what will happen in this crypto world, and what the best choices are, but don't hate on the USB miner because they are "outrageously" priced at 0.39 BTC!  I remember paying 40 BTC for a 5870 not long ago.  If you want a miner, buy one, if not, keep it to yourself! Smiley
Why shouldn't the math be posted? That is the fundamental nature of bitcoin itself, it is based entirely on mathematics.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:17:31 PM

When you decide to buy an ASIC miner you are deciding to buy a variable stream of BTC. If one can estimate the total expected BTC, then one can price that BTC and compare it to buying BTC off an exchange. If you can get the BTC off an exchange for a lot less, then the miner will not yield good investment returns compared to just buying BTC.
This is the common fallacy of your argument.  Instead of buying a BTC miner you should buy BTC.  A large percentage of the people looking to buy a BTC miner would never have the patience to *buy* BTC and hold onto it.

While I have traded on an exchange and lost BTC, I have more now than if I had never used the exchange.  Having never spent a single BTC, I fall into the group of long term investors that would be better off buying BTC than buying a miner.

That said, there is something to owning the miner, seeing the trickle of coins coming into your wallet.  Buying BTC is like buying stock... you cheer with every upward swing and curse at every downward tumble.  While solo mining is unlikely to pay off, you could always hit the lottery and find a block.

Hey!  Forget buying BTC or Miners!  BUY LOTTERY TICKETS!

It's all relative.  If you are able to buy BTC and walk away for years, your BTC argument works great.  If you are not...

MaxSan

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:34:34 PM

They look good as gifts. I would probably purchase as such.
001sonkit

Activity: 784

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 08:39:18 PM

did i heard GIGAVPS somehwere above?!? He is still owing me 2 shares of GIGAMIMING. With all those lawyers and I am under 18... gone for good Sad

Kinda off topic. anyway, I do love the 2 new shiny texture on the USB.

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 09:42:01 PM

Is it red or pink? I hope pink, we need to make Bitcoin Mining more appealing to females.

I think color matters much less than if it vibrates or not.  Grin
A hot, vibrating, BitCoin mining USB Block Erupter. Damn.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 09:53:58 PM

Is it red or pink? I hope pink, we need to make Bitcoin Mining more appealing to females.

I think color matters much less than if it vibrates or not.  Grin
I'm certain that this will attract many females.  Cheesy Cheesy

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 10:14:56 PM

Cool. Is there a group buy going on selling these new one ones?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 10:20:30 PM

Cool. Is there a group buy going on selling these new one ones?

Several:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=137.0

Look for one near your country.Don't forget you'll need POWERED USB hubs:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=253749.0

Instructions on running them:

https://www.btcguild.com/index.php?page=support&section=blockerupter

They are neat,but as stated,it will take quite awhile to earn your money back...just so you know  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 10:57:13 PM

I think color matters much less than if it vibrates or not.  Grin
I'm certain that this will attract many females.  Cheesy Cheesy

Yes, they get paid to masterbate, it'll be like solo prostitution!

I think you're on to a winner, and Friedcat is missing a trick! Grin

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 11:05:57 PM

They are neat,but as stated,it will take quite awhile to earn your money back...just so you know  Wink

A while Huh

You mean NEVER ! ==>

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/52ea56f127
I don't know why op mentions ROI when you can't get ROI on them..

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 11:20:45 PM

Besides securing the blockchain and gaining ROI, they are also ideal as souvenirs for both newcomers and experienced bitcoiners.

I just want to go on record saying you are a certified Bitcoin Boss and a brilliant marketer.

absolutely gorgeous.  Your erupters make me want to make hashing wall art.

seriously, it's a fucking modern art masterpiece. 

friedcat 4 prez

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Trillium

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 11:23:09 PM

Months ago I paid 1 BTC each for 2 miners and 1 BTC in shipping to my country (I live in a technological wasteland called Australia), my miners are so far from ROI I can't express it in words.

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 11:24:59 PM

Months ago I paid 1 BTC each for 2 miners and 1 BTC in shipping to my country (I live in a technological wasteland called Australia), my miners are so far from ROI I can't express it in words.
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH?

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 11:34:28 PM

A picture is enough?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 12:58:24 AM

I got a couple of these, and wondered if the seller modded them. heh. they were black, but the bevel was metallic. i also noticed the cert.s bottom right. They look good, but a functional imporvement would have been more impressive. Shocked
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 01:04:46 AM

Don't worry, bcp19 says BTC will go to $1000 and you will get "ROI".

Actually, worry. A lot.  Sad

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
bcp19

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 01:27:51 AM

Don't worry, bcp19 says BTC will go to $1000 and you will get "ROI".

Actually, worry. A lot.  Sad
That statement is a lot like your long con, until it happens, you can discount it and discount it and discount it.  Up until it becomes true.  Which will come true first?  The supposed long con or BTC=$1000?  I bet the latter.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: