Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:54:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the bitcoin price goes down  (Read 749 times)
andrino

Activity: 193
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:05:55 AM

When there is high, there are more fish. When there is low tide the supply of fish decrease. I think the reason why this price of bitcoin decreases because of the subdue numbers of investors. In the literal view of mine in the literal view of market. When there is a lot of supply and a lot of buyers the items is in stable price. When the items does not sold out because of few numbers who have interest the owner will decrease the price so that the income will back. I think it is similar.
AVAMONEY

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:06:20 AM

from my point of view I think people are scared and withdrawing as much as they can before btc goes down more
I agree with this point. Since fast falling from $17k to $13k drastically, only takes few days, impact many people stuck in doubly decision between hold or panic sell. With additional news about some countries are starting of ban any transactions using Bitcoin, this is certainly very related.
Since then Bitcoin has been slowly declining, while investors are getting lost in trust, they following in condition panic selling. Actually this is an unhealthy condition for a currency trading especially this Cryptocurrencies, because there is no party can back up if the price has dropped sharply like this.
deciphertron

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:10:09 AM

Maybe because when the bitcoin price goes high, there are less buyers, so it will draws back to lower price just like the law of supply and demand in economics. I think this will always be the scenario for bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
imapessimist

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:15:32 AM

Maybe because not enough people are buying.   People should wait till the price is less before buying.  Whales got in for a few cents at the beginning.  They should bow out and take their profit and leave others to have a chance of cheap Bitcoin.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:19:01 AM

in this month price of bitcoin goes down , any one know reason for BTC price down  

Yes it is sad for us who just bought bitcoin recently when its price is high compared to its current price.  And right now there are speculations that bitcoin price would go down to $7000 before the end of the month.  In just a month its price really goes down.

Some panicked that they sell their bitcoins.  That also includes the banning of China.
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:29:48 AM

in this month price of bitcoin goes down , any one know reason for BTC price down 

There are different reasons, and a lot is already written here. Main reasons are some restrictions in Asia, decreasing of number of investments, chines NY is coming and etc. it is expected the price growth in February-March.

amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:43:49 AM

There are different reasons, and a lot is already written here. Main reasons are some restrictions in Asia, decreasing of number of investments, chines NY is coming and etc. it is expected the price growth in February-March.

did you believe a bad news from Asia can decrease bitcoin value let's look at history last year ago

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:43:50 AM

the drop below $10k was a simple manipulation and newbie panic while whales were accumulating cheap coins in their pockets for a huge profit which they will make pretty soon.

the other drop that happened after it and price barely touched $10k may be the remainder of that, or it may be because they changed the definition of bitcoin on bitcoin.org yesterday! and removed the fact that bitcoin transactions should be cheap...

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:48:42 AM

advanced Mathematical analysis suggests it's because it's not going up.
and probably because fewer people are willing to buy at this price than there are who are willing to sell at even lower prices.

Strongly agree with you. Instead of looking at it as bad ,look at it as an opportunity to buy because it is a bit cheaper now although when you look at the previous years, bitcoin now is still on its high value. Its dropping because I think people are in panick and selling their bitcoin. But for sure it will recover soon.
sunthere

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:58:40 AM

But when mining will be banned in China. That means less new Bitcoins. That logically would result in higher prices for Bitcoin?!?!
ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:03:25 PM

Prices are going down as demand is going down. ITs a cycle of bitcoin. Profit-takers are making money out of it while ppl making a panic sale are losing their money.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:05:16 PM

did you believe a bad news from Asia can decrease bitcoin value let's look at history last year ago

Did you not looked at the market price of Bitcoin?  It was once at $20k  and now, how much is it?  I believe the sudden event of South Korea turning its back to cryptocurrency have huge impact on the market.  Aside from that, Chinese government restriction also put a second thought to investors.  Plus JP Morgans FUD and since they are an investment firm/bank, they really have a huge influence on the elite investors that wanted to invest in Bitcoin, the event and the statement of a known firm will definitely considered.  This is the reason why Bitcoin price decreased.
chillitabit

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:34:45 PM

more sell orders than buy orders simple as that.
airdagon

Activity: 546
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:12:05 PM

Actually I do not really know the falling price of bitcoin. But, I know in the business world up and down the price is common. so if you are in the business world do not be surprised with this kind of thing.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:28:15 PM

Actually I do not really know the falling price of bitcoin. But, I know in the business world up and down the price is common. so if you are in the business world do not be surprised with this kind of thing.
Previously Bitcoin prices declined due to the decision of several countries in doing regulation around the use of Bitcoin. but now the price of Bitcoin back down, whereas a few days ago Bitcoin prices had increased and quite stable. I also think this is a natural thing because this is the hallmark of a digital currency. Until now there is no negative news that clarify the current conidition, we must be optimistic that Bitcoin will again experience an increase in price and most importantly I think is a price stability. This is much more important than anything, because when the price of Bitcoin is stable then Bitcoin can be trusted by many people.
samsan (OP)

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 01:31:34 PM

Nothing can climb and climb without a pullback, there is not such thing. If you consider how fast price went during the past month we reached like 20k$ on some exchanges and look what was the price few month ago you will see how fast the movement was. It is natural that some people will want to take their profits out of this, plus we had big media talking like all 7 days of the week about bitcoin and pump was real. Now when situation has calmed down, even google trends for bitcoin began to decline, price is falling.

Although being long time in the bitcoin space I can tell you that, I myself don't really think to much about the prices as they raise and they fall. The thing is that if you are in for the long term it should be okay as from this point it looks bright in my eyes for the end of 2018.

If you look at some analysis you could predict that price can go down till like 8k if not slips a bit more, we have many new "investors" and who knows what kind of panic selling this can pull. On the other hand bitcoin and other cryptos are more of a speculative asstet as it is from now on, than real currency with real use - although I am fairly confident this will change in future.

nice explain sir thanks
Godric-Gryffindor

Activity: 319
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:09:11 PM

Some possible reasons why bitcoin price greatly lower this month is because of the upcoming Chinese new year, and a couple of headlines news coming from both two countries China and South Korea, but some sellers like me only base decision to sell with the aid of technical and candlestick analysis, these trading indicators if set correctly can help you cut further loss. The reason why bitcoin price go below 10,000 is because of the breaking of a monthly and weekly resistance.
oaz7t

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:14:12 PM

The demand for bitcoin has reduced a lot compared to 2017, a lot of people are withdrawing from bitcoin and selling them than buying due to which the prices have crashed down real bad
Even the crypto market is on a low and nothing can be predicted firmly, but looking at the past bitcoin has neven been on a low for a long time
Suffoc8

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:18:12 PM

There is no definite explanation why is bitcoin is still going down, there are lots of things can be the cause of it like because of the price of bitcoin is goes down there are people or the bitcoin users who are being panic seller thats why if they sell it in lower price, price of bitcoin will continuously goes down.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X          [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:23:39 PM

Hi,

The downward trend is normal if you compare this year graphs with graphs from previous years.

It can be explained by several factors: annoucement made by some countries (such as China for example) about possible bans, a "normal" phase of decrease after the huge increase in prices in november and december, general movement of panic selling...

So, if I summarize: it's ok. Wink

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: