Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:58:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is regulating Crypto killing the market?  (Read 740 times)
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:52:58 PM

The regulation is needed to build the bridge between crypto and a real money. Without any regulation there will be a crysis very soon for sure. But of course as any change it won't be easy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
walterw
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

Do you need a campaign manager? PM me.

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:57:20 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 11:32:34 PM by walterw

I do not believe that regulations kill the market. There are also positive sides to regulations. Regulations not only bring restrictions but also security for investors.
In other words, if a company behaves incorrectly with its investors, then you can sue this company as an investor. In addition, minimum requirements for entry into the market are created,
which means that fraud can be stopped. With these given securities, more people dare to invest in this market. This in turn increases the market by an enormous size.
Of course, there are disadvantages as well, but I think the advantages clearly outweigh this.

fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:02:50 PM

Regulation is a good thing and needed imo. The fact is most exchanges are already compliant , its just the politicians are usually a few years behind the curve and even when they do get a bill ready, it takes time to pass and implement. At the moment, each government doesn't really know which way to proceed , hence all the different ideas on what to do coming out from each one. My guess is they will eventually have to get together and come up with a common strategy.
BlackWidow

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:07:49 PM

I think now the settlement of crypto will not . Another 1-2 years for sure will be racing, and you can make good money . But let's wait and see
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798

homt.net

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:13:13 PM

The fear of government losing taxes and the banks losing their jobs is generating the pressure from them. These are fundamental issues that are affecting the cryptocurrency market. However the market will eventually adjust to balance itself. There is nothing to be afraid of because the blockchain is so decentralized that there is nothing they can do about it than to accept what's on ground.

HOMT

Powered by,
MartoValenti

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:17:08 PM

My opinion for the regulations are that they will help the market. Yes, at first they will hurt it, but after everything became more regulated, I think that there will be a big investments from people who did not invest now, mainly because there are no regulations.
danniwide1234

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:38:06 PM

Government placing restrictions on cryptocurrency is not necessary a bad thing. It has its pros and cons. For instance it will go a long way to control the activities of the whales. It doesn't mean cryptocurrency is coming to an end. I believe the market will regulate itself because the forces of demand and supply will always win. However governments should not try to introduce policy that will discourage people from getting involved in the Crypto world. What I expect them to do is to create a platform that will protect the interest of all and sundry.

Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:53:19 PM

We re seeing a lot of things about cryptocurrencies in our daily news. Many countries are trying to regulate it by imposing restrictions. Does that mean the good old days have gone? Huge pump after the arrival of a new coin? HODL to gain 1000% or so? All these things have gone? The market is very dull, we couldnt even see a solid jump these days. So, is this the start of the end of crypto? Post your ideas.

I have to agree with this. I think it is mostly because some countries are trying to regulate cryptocurrency. This has a big impact on the market because if some countries would restrict investments or put some restrictions in handling cryptocurrency, that will limit the number of people investing into the cryptoworld. Nowadays, its fairly different from how it was because of these attempts to regulate.

itsonlikedonkeykong

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:08:11 PM

Seems needed as crypto space evolves. Mature markets include regulation. A lighter touch to be sure.
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:13:26 PM

For me it does kill the market by regulating crypto more and more traders are most likely to be scared by their rules and regulations. They will do some alternative and the fact that there are lots of people will do this the market will surely fall.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

amitrovich

Activity: 109

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 07:20:59 PM

We re seeing a lot of things about cryptocurrencies in our daily news. Many countries are trying to regulate it by imposing restrictions. Does that mean the good old days have gone? Huge pump after the arrival of a new coin? HODL to gain 1000% or so? All these things have gone? The market is very dull, we couldnt even see a solid jump these days. So, is this the start of the end of crypto? Post your ideas.
It is the beginning of a reality kicking in. It is kind of unreal to have a 1000% returns, isn't it? Most people will end up loosing 99% of what they think they "have" today. History is a great teacher, we should listen sometimes... (although ETH and a few other projects will survive and then some, that's the 1% that will remain for them being really useful).

testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:32:05 PM

I don't think that the market will be killed but surely we need to be ready to ride many turbulences.
AVAMONEY

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:38:30 PM

Market need correction yes. Impact of regulation and restrictions crypto currencies in some country makes market in negative trend. Some investor are considering their step not to against the regulation, but the other side those playing their money into crypto trading for making money for sure. In the end, market will find their way how to recovery the price and attract more customer.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:39:48 PM

Last year had been phenomenal, not just for Bitcoins alone but altcoins too saw some extreme push in their prices.
I think this year may be called as the "corrective" year for the whole crypto world which has created a dilemma in the markets after Governments diving in to eat their share. It's not important to see those pumps as they are not a good thing, seriously. They just downgrade the credibility of a coin when its price plummets whether in fiat or btc. I think that regulations are fine unless the citizens of that country are willing to show their Bitcoin trading or earnings activities as all these Govs need is that their dominance should be kept on top always.
rezurect

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:41:28 PM

Regulation + crypto hmm? maybe in some manner..like when cashing out or whatever. But looks like many people don't understand that crypto's were supposed to be decentralized and not regulated. And if this gets forgotten and discouraged, we can all start using fiat again. I don't really see the advantage of crypto or bitcoin anymore in that case.

Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:46:39 PM

No, absolutely. Governments and banks have apparently hysterical reactions, trying to stop the cryptomarket.
But my impression is that they are just trying to manipulate the price, pushing it down: they want to enter in the crypto market, and they want to make this move less expensive possible.
So, they spread alarmist news, people panic and sell, and they make a cheap shopping. (and a big profit)

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
virtualhero

Activity: 161

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:48:59 PM

In my opinion it is a good thing to  avoid scam coin to operate in a regulated countries. If that happens, only legit  cryptocurrency will survive and all tose shitcoins will disappear or at least minimize. I miss the time where there are only few coins that you are monitoring and it is easy to pick or spot a good coin that has a real or solid project.
ItsEzMkay

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:14:07 PM

I don't think it is killing the market but surely in the short term it is hampering the confidence that is in the markets. Once this regulation passes though I maintain a bullish sentiment and don't see many problems coming from this. Although I will say I don't want private blockchains to be a result of this regulation, that is something that I don't want happening on any level.

alekscrypto3969

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:36:36 PM

Regulations are good thing, mostly now, because many people want to invest in the crypto market, but they won’t because they are not secure. Everywhere is talking about how unsecure is the cryptocurrency world, and how not to invest in it. But after the regulations, the market at first will go down, but then Up, so I am all in for regulations. Go for it! Wink
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:49:55 PM

The governments are probably just annoyed at missing the boat so they're fudding around to bring the boat closer to home and quickly fill their bags Cheesy
I don't think it will kill off the market completely, just a temporary blip while we see what they are going to do. The big winners will be decentralised exchanges and privacy coins but lets just see how it all pans out.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: