Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:47:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Guide to Avoid Scams  (Read 303 times)
bananadines

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:41:14 PM

Watch out how much of the total supply is used just for the devs or the team. There should always be a good amount that is reserved for the participants and potential buyers. Also watch out for copy paste project and have a look at their social media sites and their activity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pivo
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:48:47 PM

I think we need this stickied.

We need a guide to safety looking for alt coins, knowing what to look for in order to identify a scam.

First rule; Spelling errors.

I am very new to alt-coins, so I'm sure many of you have some advice to give.

Are you topic useful? Do you use search button?
Hazaki

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:53:21 PM

Watch out how much of the total supply is used just for the devs or the team. There should always be a good amount that is reserved for the participants and potential buyers. Also watch out for copy paste project and have a look at their social media sites and their activity.

Aida's service ICO for example has dedicated 76% of it's funds for participants and only 20% for the team which looks quite fair .
One of the many reasons anyone would safely join this ICO , is that they adopted interactive smart contracts .
Apart from the solid team behind the project , it's great utility for aiming to simplify the interaction between customers, suppliers, and logistics thus solving a lot of problems of the E-commerce , Aida have showed how of a transparent company they are by using interactive smart contracts that allows investors to get back their invested funds (of course with subtracting the transaction fees from them ) ,which is a unprecedented way of assurance and that will certainly encourage people to go in since their money will be safe even if the project fails , so it'll be a win win situation for both parties and will be a very safe investment for all skeptical and non adventurous people out there .
And knowing that the company adopts such measures is certainly a way to not fall for "scam projects" .
yoyolife121

Activity: 189
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:00:26 PM

We need a guide to safety looking for alt coins, knowing what to look for in order to identify a scam.

also the team if their identity is hidden that is a big red flag .
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:03:53 PM

My advice would be for you to be careful with all your activities and you should do a triple check on all your transactions. You should also use strong passwords, be mindful of unnecessary emails. Also don't in any circumstance give out your private key.

Adam_Smith

Activity: 89
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:28:52 PM

Very useful topic. Thank you all for sharing information. I was very worried about this question. Now it's not so scary to join ico.

Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:54:47 PM

The recent rise of the popularty of bitcoin and many other cryptocurrencies, has lead of course to people abusing this to scam others and make a lot of money, the easiest way to avoid scam is to just stick to the main cryptocurrencies that are well known, but if you are determined to invest in others you should be able to determine who is scaming and who is not, usaly the scam coins will be not listed on the exchange sites, the webiste of the coin is suspicous, thier team will be a bunch of random people, they have no whitepaper or the coin's source code does not exists.
anasso

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:56:07 PM

the main rule to avoid ICO scams is to check how the devs abswers to technical questions and critics.

usually, scammers let you dreams and avoids technical questions.
felipe04

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:00:51 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 09:56:27 PM by felipe04

Always do 2fa so even they hack your account still you own the code and the very best tactic is to create new account like register again then continue to access their site so you don't have anything in their site,i think also if they can't do to withdraw your coins in the site i'm sure they will not do anything in your coins but still for more i think you need to trust if you already know it.
mycoinlife

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:02:17 PM

check their site
and
check their team is anonymous or not
MainIbem

Activity: 1330
Merit: 385

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:06:17 PM

There was an ICO that had everything right. The ICO was very successful yet it was a scam. Hard cap was reached and the Developer too off with the proceeds till date. It is pretty difficult to identify a scam. They are improving their schemes on a daily basis.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

kulis0

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:07:34 PM

Is there any suggestions for avoiding scam airdrops? I've heard many people lost their wallets, info etc. because of them but I don't understand how this is possible or how to detect if an airdrop is scam.

mworld12

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:15:14 PM

also see their team profile and history
and if they have a phony website
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:19:14 PM

Spelling errors? Might be included on the indications but not really a strong basis on spotting a scam project.When you are actively engaging into these things then the first thing you should always seek out is the transparency and experience on its developers or on the team because once you have checked on their capability then we can assume that they are legit ones not like on having a shady team.This is the thing i do always seek out.
HoaNguyen

Activity: 238

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:21:42 PM

In my opinion, once the altcoin has been indexed, the scam rate is meager, unless it works under the lending model, Ponzi is similar to Bitconnect. New ICO campaigns potentially threaten massive scams as they are likely to scam to raise capital then disappear. So to avoid scam, you need to explore the ICO project or altcoins before investing thoroughly.

coinforlife123

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:38:27 PM

see if they have a phony website and also how's their team?
Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:41:23 PM

super:
https://fried.com/crypto-scam-checker
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:48:22 PM

I think to avoid scam in ico you must read the whitepaper and road map... but for me ill make sure that the ico have many member because for me few member is too risky.in airdrop avoid  airdrop that need to be donate because airdrop muat be free..
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:52:51 PM

To avoid scam project here my advice :
1. They have refferal system ( not all but i really hate this thing)
2. Give you big bonnuses for presale like 50 to 100% bonus.
3. Poorly design website
4. New create twitter account ( can be variable but dont focus in this one)
5. Their team unprofesional, and unknown
6. Their mission is to big and seems unreal and cant be happend.
You are Completely right!im adding some .
7. they said new customer gurantee will get beyond profit in short term like 1000% profit in a 3 month.
8. Their not selling Project , Platform . their only sell coin their made. everything you see in their threads only go to invest and sell section.
kingcoiner001

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:58:55 PM

also look for their team credibility and their phony website
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: