Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:29:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory User Guide YouTube Video Bounty – 8 BTC to spend  (Read 2226 times)
Armory Fan (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:30:50 PM

I have donated some BTC to Armory in the past because it is the only wallet I trust.  Instead of making another donation I am posting a bounty for an effective YouTube video guide on how to install, set-up and use the software.  My sister in-law has been trying to use Armory and all her questions have been driving me nuts. I don't have time to help her and I think this will help a lot of other new user's out there.

Here is what I want.

I want a step by step video guide on how to install and set up the latest version. Emphasize that 8 gigabytes of ram is needed.  Demonstrate basic wallet functions and most importantly how to print off a paper backup. Then show how to recover the paper backup.  Also demo cold storage set-up and use.  Don't make a rambling 20 minute video, break it up into 4 or 5 minutes segments If needed. If you are feeling froggy recompile the instructions and slide share from the bitcoinarmory.com website into something usable by normal people. Make a nice PDF step by step instruction guide.  The video(s) should be the primary focus. This might turn into a larger project, I have considered making an Armory Guide website...  If you can make a clean no-nonsense wordpress website and want to take on this project contact me (additional bounty available).

Lets get this done in the next week, looking for completion of the video by Sunday evening, 8pm west coast time,  September 1st 2013.

I will give out 0.5 BTC tips for the top six submissions and the award the remaining 5 BTC to the best video.  Please don't get butt hurt if you make a submission that does make the cut. You will be helping the community, if it's good post it on reddit and people will tip you there.

Of course I will make all final decisions and reserve the right to update the process as needed. Also, once the Video is posted on YouTube I will take votes in the thread on who should receive the bounty. Someone please tweet this out and post on Reddit.

Keep in mind a new version will be released at some point in the future so make your work a template that can be updated.  I may send an additional tip to the winner for an update if we ever see the new software...

If you are an Armory user please post additional suggestions on what you would like to see in a Video or PDF guide to this great software.  If you feel like donating to this project please make your self known.  

Make a great video, post it on YouTube and let us know in his thread along with your Bitcoin address. Lets get some great content made!
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:38:13 PM

Ah damn, I could do this but don't have 64bit OS or 8GB Ram. :/
Dare

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 08:36:21 PM

I've been considering trying Armory, so I might do this if I have time. Would I have to make both a video and a PDF, or just one? Also, how long should the video be?

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 08:48:52 PM

Wait you need 8GB to use this wallet? lol
Armory Fan (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 10:15:03 PM

I've been considering trying Armory, so I might do this if I have time. Would I have to make both a video and a PDF, or just one? Also, how long should the video be?

Dare, your fresh perspective would be great for this.  If you can cover all the topics I requested in a video then a video is all I need.  I don't care how long or how short it is. Just make it useful and simple. 
mearylll

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 10:21:29 PM

Ah damn, I could do this but don't have 64bit OS or 8GB Ram. :/

3GB was enought few months ago. The blockchain so increased in size  Huh
Mooshire

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 12:34:02 AM

I'm currently working on this and should have at least something posted by tonight.

Armory Fan (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:23:06 AM

I'm currently working on this and should have at least something posted by tonight.

Thank you, looking forward to seeing it.
Mooshire

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:12:58 AM

Thank you, looking forward to seeing it.

Ran out of time to complete the third video, I'll try to get them up in two weeks *ba dum tss*

Probably more like two days.

Mooshire

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:14:06 AM

I'm going over doing offline transactions too, which is hard to record but I'm using a VM so it's all good. I try to spell it out in my videos.

Armory Fan (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:49:54 AM

I'm going over doing offline transactions too, which is hard to record but I'm using a VM so it's all good. I try to spell it out in my videos.

Nice, no rush.
pmelt

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 04:14:12 AM

I wish I had time to work on something like this. Sounds like a good idea, though.
Dare

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 06:00:48 AM

I'm out of time for tonight, but I should be able to work on it tomorrow.

How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
Mooshire

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:36:40 PM

I should have something finished when I get home today

The Bitcoin Catalog

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 02:45:14 PM

That would be great!
Have you considered working with the bitcoin education project? A video like that would fit perfectly in their courses:

https://www.udemy.com/bitcoin-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-crypto/

http://btcedproject.org/

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
Follow us on twitter! @BTCcatalog
Mooshire

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 04:58:27 PM

That would be great!
Have you considered working with the bitcoin education project? A video like that would fit perfectly in their courses:

https://www.udemy.com/bitcoin-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-crypto/

http://btcedproject.org/

Never heard of it, will check it out when I get home.

Mooshire

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:48:31 PM

http://youtu.be/BC1eGYJgy7I
http://youtu.be/rW6E_P9LmnM
http://youtu.be/ZGjL4BllFtM

Enjoy Wink

super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 09:03:09 PM

I have a decent amount of experience with video tutorial. I'll give this a try.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
Dare

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 01:10:39 AM

I'm working on the video now, but this is my first video tutorial, so I'm not sure how well it will turn out (particularly since I'm adding the audio afterward). I should be done with the basic wallet functions part soon, cold storage might take me longer to get to because i have to figure out how to use it first. Tongue

How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
Armory Fan (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 01:12:23 AM

Mooshire,

I actually just learned a couple new things about armory from your videos. It's great software but not newbie friendly.  Just sent a .5 btc tip to the address below the video on YouTube. If you add keywords "bitcoin armory" and "cold storage" to the video description you will get more views and hopefully more tips!

Thanks, these are some good videos.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: