Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:54:56 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2018, 09:10:36 AM by flibbr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:48:50 PM

Just wanted to say I love the site and I wish you prosperity! :]
PotatoBadger

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:54:06 PM

You're an Ancap too Cheesy

http://i.imm.io/1g7rM.png

Original ^

http://i.imm.io/1g7sk.png

With your blue background ^
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:58:26 PM

To  be honest, the font logotype is perfect. Swap the font to something more pronounced, and concentrate on the slogan. Complete currency commerce, commerce without borders, fee-free commerce, shopping super charged,  etc. I am not at my most creative right now, but i'll update with some thoughts when i am.

Check out the frutiger font if you have a moment.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 12:18:10 AM

You might have better luck picking a proficient designer here and contracting with them. In the design world we call this "spec work" because it is a speculative investment of time which may or may not pay off. This can lead to troubles for designers in general as well as contractors looking for design work. As a designer I think your fee is quite reasonable, and you should have no trouble finding a designer who will make the logo to your satisfaction. I would suggest you ask users to post samples and them make an agreement with one user. This method almost always works out best for everyone. Good luck with your project.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 12:21:33 AM

You might have better luck picking a proficient designer here and contracting with them. In the design world we call this "spec work" because it is a speculative investment of time which may or may not pay off. This can lead to troubles for designers in general as well as contractors looking for design work. As a designer I think your fee is quite reasonable, and you should have no trouble finding a designer who will make the logo to your satisfaction. I would suggest you ask users to post samples and them make an agreement with one user. This method almost always works out best for everyone. Good luck with your project.

I agree with this. I was going to pitch the idea to someone I know that's great at art and logo design but I decided I don't want to drag them into something that may or may not even pay off. It sucks to spend hours working on something to perfect it, just to find that you get absolutely nothing to show for it.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:51:41 AM

It sucks to spend hours working on something to perfect it, just to find that you get absolutely nothing to show for it.

No *direct* financial benefit, but if you really spent hours on something perfecting it, surely it would be a good addition to your portfolio, where you could *indirectly* benefit from the effort at some point in the future.

A good investment in your own advertising, regardless of whether you get paid immediately or not.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:59:28 AM

- snip -
Understood. I went ahead and passed it on to see what the artist thought, and she decided to give it a go for fun. Let me know what you think about this -- hand-drawn. Think of that as being a mock-up. Essentially the real version would be drawn in using a Wacom.
- snip -

ranlo

Thanks ranlo ~  I think this design looks a little too busy/ emblem'y ?
But then again, it could look really nice once it's polish off with some gradients and stuff ?

I'm not sure what the text is riding on and I'd say the 'L' in 'fLibbr' needs to be more defined so it doesn't get confused with 'fibber' like a liar.

But I mean no worries, if she wants to polish it up and stick on the thread go for it, if not, no worries. .   to be honest there's some really good submissions coming in [pm] and I might have to stick these on for public vote to help sway my vote.. so maybe she'd like to have a go ?

We've decided not to waste any more time on this. Good luck to anyone who enters the contest though, Smiley.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 06:40:33 AM

Just wanted to say I love the site and I wish you prosperity! :]

peonminer
Thanks for the positive words my friend. My main goal is to help promote the growth of bitcoin and crypto currencies in general. Smiley

You're an Ancap too Cheesy

PotatoBadger
Gotta be Ancap . . anything else is violence Smiley  But yeah thanks for the submission but it's a bit 8bit / Mario ? On the plus side is does have a 'digital' edge to it.

To  be honest, the font logotype is perfect. Swap the font to something more pronounced, and concentrate on the slogan. Complete currency commerce, commerce without borders, fee-free commerce, shopping super charged,  etc. I am not at my most creative right now, but i'll update with some thoughts when i am.

Check out the frutiger font if you have a moment.

Rawted
Yes t he Frutiger font is nice, 'Commerce without borders' is really nice, has a kind of world wide shipping / borderless payment system thing going for it.

I agree with this. I was going to pitch the idea to someone I know that's great at art and logo design but I decided I don't want to drag them into something that may or may not even pay off. It sucks to spend hours working on something to perfect it, just to find that you get absolutely nothing to show for it.

TECSHARE  & ranlo

All good points. Unfortunately I'm not big on the 'picking a designer' style of doing things.
I really like 99designs way - competition style - you get a greater variation of work worth alot more than the original bounty . .  so obviously it's great for the employer, but is risky for the designer. 
This is the same approached used by things like the Google X Prize and such. Iif your into Science/ Space/ Evolution and stuff, checkout this by Peter Diamandis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KxckI8Ttpw

On the flip side, if your a designer and low on work, it might be of interest to you.  .  . either way, it's a peaceful voluntary interaction Smiley

I think you think you are getting a better deal than you are. Spec work often results in problems for contractors as well. Do a search for USAGI on this forum for a good example of how it can go wrong. Additionally pissing off a bunch of your potential user base by exploiting them for cheap labor is not the way to go either. A note to designers, participating in this kind of spec work also devalues your own ability to get paid in other jobs. If someone could get 100 rubes to do it for free why would they pay you? I suggest that any self respecting designer should not participate in spec work.
cshelswell

Activity: 615

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 08:25:39 AM

Hi - i do graphic design and web programming for a living. You can view some of my work at www.hireahenchman.com I'm proficient in both graphic design and php programming. Perhaps I can help you? if you want to take a look at my work and PM me if you're interested. It'd be great to discuss some ideas. Also you can add me on skype as hireahenchman

Cheers
Chris

rme

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 09:26:52 AM

Contact me via PM for the high res logos and ligth versions.
jantenner81

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

CIYAM - UI/UX design

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 11:36:59 AM

here we go ... hope you enjoy
jantenner81
Wow, that is so sick ! I am absolutely loving that.  The 3d designs + logo's just top it off and make it sooooo attractive.
Your website http://jantenner81.wordpress.com/ - also has some fantastic design work by the way.

Hey Tom thank you for compliments... If you have question don't hesitate to contact me anytime...
Thx Jan

AT - Automated Transactions
CIYAM | Developer
Cyberdyne

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 11:40:43 AM

Note to self: Always create self-moderated threads.
Cyberdyne

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 11:44:00 AM

Site like [99designs] destroy prices

Sounds like the free market at work - As flibbr said, it's a voluntary interaction.
jantenner81

CIYAM - UI/UX design

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 01:14:29 PM

Site like [99designs] destroy prices

Sounds like the free market at work - As flibbr said, it's a voluntary interaction.

yes sure ...

CIYAM | Developer
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 01:22:45 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 03:37:08 PM by bitcoininformation

jantenner81
Wow, that is so sick ! I am absolutely loving that.  The 3d designs + logo's just top it off and make it sooooo attractive.
Your website http://jantenner81.wordpress.com/ - also has some fantastic design work by the way.

Damn jantenner81, I wish I had seen your "CC card design blue" design before I purchased my Bit-Card. I would loved that as background for it.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
nish2011

Activity: 93
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:35:47 PM

my try

stormlighter

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:39:48 PM

Another magnificent design by jantnner81  Grin
jantenner81

CIYAM - UI/UX design

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 04:07:44 PM

Another magnificent design by jantnner81  Grin

Thx Smiley

CIYAM | Developer
jantenner81

CIYAM - UI/UX design

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 05:53:50 PM

jantenner81
Wow, that is so sick ! I am absolutely loving that.  The 3d designs + logo's just top it off and make it sooooo attractive.

Damn jantenner81, I wish I had seen your "CC card design blue" design before I purchased my Bit-Card. I would loved that as background for it.

Many thanks ...

CIYAM | Developer
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: