Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:15:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many altcoins do you hold?  (Read 718 times)
Zstuart (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:16:25 PM

How many altcoins do you hold? How many altcoins are too many?
I have 12 altcoins in my portfolio. I like all of them,  but I am thinking about consolidating down to my 5 favorites.
cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:26:57 PM

i have 10 altcoin in my portofolio
and my favorite
1 ETH
2 waves
3 NXT
4 riple
5 TRX(tron)

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

chefbauer

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:34:01 PM

I only have 6 altcoins on my entire portfolio (without counting Bitcoin) so yes, i ownly have a little altcoins in there, but they are good enough for me and i think that they are the best ones out there.
So i do not need more at the moment  Smiley
How many altcoins do you hold? How many altcoins are too many?
I have 12 altcoins in my portfolio. I like all of them,  but I am thinking about consolidating down to my 5 favorites.

sedou

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:37:43 PM

I think I hold 15-20 altcoins but only few are longterm holds.
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:51:47 PM

It seems I am the odd one...it fluctuates but on average I maintain around 35 coins.

I have my reasons (right or wrong) and it works for me.  Good profit/return is what matters to me (not what others say). Wink
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:23:10 PM

Since mid December 2017 to this day, I only have 5 altcoins, 4 altcoins under $ 1, and the other above $ 1:
Nxt 30%,
Electroneum 20%,
DigiByte 20%,
Bytecoin 20%, and
Ethereum 10%.

I hope, these five altcoins will have significant growth, for the coming month of February.

Cryptosenf

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:28:05 PM

Right now only 5, all of them beeing in top 10. Planning to invest in some more, not sure which ones yet.
lunafreya

Activity: 243

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:33:11 PM

I am holding seven diffrent coins in my portfolio for now. I believe all of them. Some of them are for long term and some of them are for short term. And i have two coins for holding very very long term. I invested in them and forget about all. I hope one day they will surprise me. In addition to this ı have bitcoin for sure.
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:34:15 PM

Now I only have 3 which is XRP, TRX and ETH since most of my altcoin have been sold. I think it is better to cutloss for some coins that hasn't have the good probability of bouncing back, because unlike the current coins I am holding are struggling like never before.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Poink

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:36:16 PM

Now I only have 3 which is XRP, TRX and ETH since most of my altcoin have been sold. I think it is better to cutloss for some coins that hasn't have the good probability of bouncing back, because unlike the current coins I am holding are struggling like never before.

...and you still hold XRP and TRX??? Wink   Sorry, can't resist. Cheesy

...just ribbing you.  PEACE!
Taltic

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:39:22 PM

More than 20 or 30 lol. I lost the count Smiley
It's not so a big amount but very diverse.
johncro_

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:41:55 PM

11 highest hopes are ltc,waves,ardor,eido,bread,xspec .
lets see what future holds
PROdotBITCOIN

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:49:52 PM

In order to reduce the risks of investing I keep 15 coins in my portfolio for long-term storage. But sometimes I buy some more coins for day trading.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
Darkwin

Activity: 191
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:07:24 PM

I think I hold 15-20 altcoins but only few are longterm holds.

I am doing exactly the same right now, but the only problem is that most part of those altcoins are just shit coins, i think that i really need to clean up my entire portfolio, since it is a huge mess. Anyway, the most solid ones are in there.
muvie

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:11:17 PM

I hold too many altcoins. But if you hold many altcoins you can not dive deep into any coin. This is not good, but is also has advantages, because you sell less and hodl stronger this way.
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 08:24:45 PM

I have a little over 50 right now.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:51:16 PM

I only hold a few altcoins that in my oppinion have the most potential to grow, unless you have more than 40k at least spreaded over altcoins in order to gain you are better off investing in maximum 3 of the best projects, spreading your portfolio is only good with big amounts of money, do not believe people claiming to spread your portfolio with less than 40k because you will not see a good amount of profit, rather invest in 3 altcoins with biggest potential and hodl it!
My portfolio:
-VEN
-GVT
-ICX
Wanchain is also a very good project and on the moment it hits on exchanges less than $3 is a very good buy.
As allways please do your own research.

Poink

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:56:17 PM

I only hold a few altcoins that in my oppinion have the most potential to grow, unless you have more than 40k at least spreaded over altcoins in order to gain you are better off investing in maximum 3 of the best projects, spreading your portfolio is only good with big amounts of money, do not believe people claiming to spread your portfolio with less than 40k because you will not see a good amount of profit, rather invest in 3 altcoins with biggest potential and hodl it!
My portfolio:
-VEN
-GVT
-ICX
Wanchain is also a very good project and on the moment it hits on exchanges less than $3 is a very good buy.
As allways please do your own research.

Good advise (on the money) and good coin choices.   I am heavy on ICX and VEN.  Checked GVT just because you mentioned it and it looks promising and in a good entry point. Wink

Many question why I have 35 coins....maybe they thought I only have a few thousand dollars invested. Cheesy
iminethereforeiam

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:56:39 PM

I hold a small amount of many coins, because I tend to keep 5 or 10% when I sell an altcoin to lock in the profit.
Poink

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:05:19 PM

I hold a small amount of many coins, because I tend to keep 5 or 10% when I sell an altcoin to lock in the profit.

I do the same...but keep 20%-50% on most as much as possible (most are pure profit too).  There were a few I totally sold just because I lost confidence in them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: