Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:06:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CALL TO ARMS - strike back against overpriced GPU sellers! End of high prices!  (Read 263 times)
timk225 (OP)

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:38:19 AM

Now that I switched from ASICs to GPUs, I have a direct interest in getting the best deal possible.  And these GPU selling jackholes think they can charge ridiculous amounts for them based on the laws of supply and demand.  As a Republican, I am all for making the most profit possible, but only when it works in my favor.

But their way only works if you work with them.  This overpriced GPU horseshit has been going on long enough.  NO MORE!!!

And the solution is simple.  Set a price, and refuse to pay more, regardless of how badly you want them.  Those are not the last GPUs for sale on the planet, more will be made.

Offhand, I'd say no more than $50 over retail price for any GPU you want to buy, Google it and read the reviews on it when it was new and base your offer price off of that.

Imagine these overpriced sellers sweating when all of a sudden, their profits disappear.  Days go by with no profits and the wife is starting to nag them to get the money back in the kids college fund like they promised.  No one will buy the GPUs they spent thousands on, maxed out their credit cards on, took out a second mortgage on.  If they want to make a profit, it won't be from us!!!

Some of my own personal limits are in the general range of $250 for a 1060, $350 for a 1070, and maybe around $500-550 for a 1080.  A Ti might get an extra $25.  Founders edition?  They can wipe their ass with their Founders' Edition logo, it makes no difference to us, any overclocking will do more.

So stand with me and JUST SAY NO to insane GPU prices.  Let their ads run and run.  Let their ebay auctions end without your bid. Make them regret their greed.

Spread the word.  This only works if we all stand firm.  Tell everyone on other forums that high GPU prices are over!!!

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 06:07:23 AM

Other than your bad trust indexes  Tongue I strongly support your idea and I have been implementing a milder version (in terms of flexibility) in the last few weeks.

My experience in this forum:
The sellers hate me  Grin , they do everything to earn their unfair share of the gpu mining boom days, excusing me of trolling and ruining their embarrassing threads in which they are trying to hunt fools and noobs, by giving them false data and info.

In local(Iran's) market:
We got a lot of noobs and newcomers to mining industry, unemployment is high and our national fiat currency is always under high pressure form both political and economical sides. Once cryptos begun to rise, a lot of people harshed and opportunists in the gpu market found it a historical moment for sucking the last penies of the poor's who have come to take part and get their share. Overnight prices doubled and tripled and more ... it was and yet it is one of the most disgusting scenes I have ever seen in last 5 years in crypto ecosystem.

In International market:
Chinese are evil. This is all I have to say about this snikky things call themselves 'merchants'  in Alibaba, they have no sense of mercy about each other and about the poor customers. They are scammers too and act like a colony of wild bees, coherently, and very noisy.
But the great satans are AMD and NVIDIA and to change the game one should take these two corrupted corporates down. They are hypocrites, they play and take advantage illegally and denounce any responsibility. They like 'oh ... we hate miners ... we recommend (to whom?) focusing on the gamers ... we have no strategy to understand our gpus as a device for anything other than rendering games ... we are very dumb ... we don't send gpus underground ... we are in love with gamers ... we are fools'  Grin

So, bad days for miners despite the figures and the numbers, very bad days when it comes to keep your farm's share in the network in a reasonable threshold.

I have no practical solution other than what you have suggested: stop buying overpriced stuff, which means stop buying gpus at this very moment.
timk225 (OP)

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:36:26 AM

My trust indexes say 0 -0/+0.  What are you seeing?

But just like at a park where there are signs saying "Do not feed the animals", that's what we have to do here.  Take away their profit opportunity.

I routinely go on ebay and message sellers telling them what I will pay for their GPU, and how lucky they should feel to be getting that much.  More for harassment than anything else.

I guess a good rule of thumb is if the GPU can earn back its price in 100 days or less, according to the NiceHash calculators, then that is not too terrible of a price.  But over the last few days I have seen people trying to get $600 for 1070s and that is insane.  I just say no and I do not buy.  Do not feed the animals!  Wait a few more weeks to expand your GPU farm!

And I agree, the Chinese are pure evil.  They are the masters of stealing intellectual property and counterfeiting it for themselves.  Trump is right to push them on trade wars.  I've seen some of the sellers on Alibaba and emailed them.  They want only bank transfers or Western Union.  I noped on out of there.

QuentinA

Activity: 628
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:57:39 PM

lulz, butthurt much ?

Anyways thanks for your prices, I'll offer 50usd more to each seller and get the cards now Smiley

whatever you believe in, gpus are priced on supply and demand, as is everyhting else, period.

PS : you should prbably move your topic to a more appropriate section

telegram @HaroldFTW
btc escrow - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5156456
3FxaFD37d5SA98sy8t8kkXs3MonwknEziK
AU_AG

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:51:32 PM

Just like a pube   “ when its in your favor”  fuck anyone else and their trying to get the most proffit. High gpu prices forever.
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:29:10 PM

I can't be your arms, I already bought mine with a price at its finest (ridiculously high).
Bought 1060 in the last few months, now I found out that I can buy 1070 with that money *facepalm*. Looks like it went low than on the previous month on nearby stores at my place.

My FPS on PUBG should be 100+ now if only I got the patience to wait.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:16:19 AM

timk225,

I remember you from the Litecoin days.

I am surprised you are still mining. Aren't you a millionaire by now?

If I recall you had like 10000 LTC or something mined back in 2013-2014.

Good to see some old timers around here...

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:57:33 AM

My trust indexes say 0 -0/+0.  What are you seeing?

But just like at a park where there are signs saying "Do not feed the animals", that's what we have to do here.  Take away their profit opportunity.

I routinely go on ebay and message sellers telling them what I will pay for their GPU, and how lucky they should feel to be getting that much.  More for harassment than anything else.

I guess a good rule of thumb is if the GPU can earn back its price in 100 days or less, according to the NiceHash calculators, then that is not too terrible of a price.  But over the last few days I have seen people trying to get $600 for 1070s and that is insane.  I just say no and I do not buy.  Do not feed the animals!  Wait a few more weeks to expand your GPU farm!

And I agree, the Chinese are pure evil.  They are the masters of stealing intellectual property and counterfeiting it for themselves.  Trump is right to push them on trade wars.  I've seen some of the sellers on Alibaba and emailed them.  They want only bank transfers or Western Union.  I noped on out of there.

It's because you're probably using a low depth range, i'm using 1 more depth, so the rating removed from you by people trusted by people trusted by the people on the default trust list are then visible.

Anyways, you know how market price work right? The GPUs that should be 500$ are all being bought out by pilling who are willing to pay 500-700$, which mean the only GPUs you see at the one above the price we're willing to pay for them. Considering the great profitability, buying a GPU at 130% markup isint that much of a big deal. I mean check the S9 which are being traded at what, 5X their price before the BTC spike?

So if you don't buy them when they're as low as 600$, then i will.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌