Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:17:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gliph - Secure Messaging and Bitcoin Transfers on iOS, Android and the Web  (Read 12740 times)
ryanAC

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:57:20 AM

PM sent...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gliph (OP)

Activity: 66

Bitcoin for Everyone

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 07:24:24 AM

PM Sent Smiley
PM sent...
Got you both. Headed to bed now, will check back in the morning.
bitcoindigi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 08:04:43 AM

gliph looks really interesting, but I'm missing the github repos. Isn't this open sourced?
Gliph (OP)

Bitcoin for Everyone

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 04:30:49 PM

gliph looks really interesting, but I'm missing the github repos. Isn't this open sourced?
Thanks. Most of Gliph is not open source. We recognize this isn't sufficient for some folks, and happily steer them toward open source alternatives like Cryptocat.

We realize the value in being able to study and compile the code that encrypts data yourself and are looking at how we can provide that.

For now we do have an opensource a library for low-energy bluetooth transaction protocol that one of our guys presented at Bitcoin 2013 called BTC2: https://github.com/Gliph/BTCSquared
Tisko

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 09:00:27 PM

PM sent
Thanks!
Gliph (OP)

Bitcoin for Everyone

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 06:29:11 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2013, 09:49:39 PM by Gliph

Hello BitcoinTalk,

I'm excited to give BitcoinTalk community an advance heads-up that we're about to release a much-requested update that offers limited support for Blockchain.info wallets.

Whether you or the person you're connected to is using Coinbase, BIPS or Blockchain.info, you'll be able to easily send Bitcoin without fussing with Wallet Addresses or QR codes. Just attach the right amount and hit send, then continue your conversation.

Please note we're calling this limited support because Blockchain.info's API doesn't do everything that Coinbase and BIPS' do. It is missing a few things that will affect the experience, and we want to be up front about these limitations:

• You can not create a Blockchain.info account using Gliph, it must be made first on Blockchain.info
  • Two-Factor Authentication is NOT supported. If you use 2-factor authentication with Blockchain.info you must disable it. You can work around this limitation by using Blockchain.info's "double encryption" or second password on the account. Regardless of whether you turn this on, we recommend using two wallets. One to keep your bitcoin in, and a second with a low Bitcoin balance for use as a daily wallet which you can more comfortably attach to Gliph.
  • For the username, we recommended using GUID (the long thing), rather than alias. Depending on how your account is set up, Alias may fail, so might as well skip the trouble and use your GUID.

Even with these limitations, we're happy to increase the number of different wallets available to people who want an easier way to move Bitcoin around and enjoy a more private experience than other messaging options on the market.

We are still running our free Bitcent thing described on the first page, so if you have not taken advantage of that yet, perhaps you have a stronger incentive to check it out now. Smiley

The release will be available for iPhone, Android and the Web by 6am EST 9/9/13.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 04:50:53 PM

Like it  Cool  Obviously needs smoothing some edges, but looking good so far.

Are we ok to use gli.ph to share our gliphs?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
SPC_Bitcoin

Activity: 112

Coffee makes it all better!

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:07:59 AM

Hi there, I'm on board, I like gliph, just don't have any contacts.

it's a start.

NEVER GOT PAID.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 01:59:28 PM

Here I go! Just wondering, how do we know you can't see our coinbase/bips credentials?

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 02:16:07 PM

PM sent.

I have gotten a decent number of people to install Gliph, btw. I will use this to encourage them to hookup a wallet. Thanks!
Gliph (OP)

Bitcoin for Everyone

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 04:20:39 PM

Like it  Cool  Obviously needs smoothing some edges, but looking good so far.
Are we ok to use gli.ph to share our gliphs?
Hey, would you please send a message to Support, mentioning your post here? For reasons not worth going into here, this allows me to send you the bitcent as a reply, which is much easier for me at this time.

Yes, you are more than welcome to share your Gliphs. I give the option to hide them, but I hope that some people will connect with each other here.

Hi there, I'm on board, I like gliph, just don't have any contacts.
it's a start.
Thank you for checking it out. We're working to make it easier to connect with people. Please try getting a pal on so you can try the sending and receiving of BTC out. Smiley
Here I go! Just wondering, how do we know you can't see our coinbase/bips credentials?
Hey, for starters, this is a venture-backed company and no anonymity in who is running it. I'm Rob Banagale and my co-founder is Nick Asch. Both of our names and reputations are on the line.

I believe everyone who has posted in this thread (except newar, please see note above) has now received their Bitcents. If you PM'd but did not post here, please post so that there is a public accountability that I'm sending out all the BTC I said I would. Smiley
rob
Domrada

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 05:47:37 PM

Bitcent received. Gliph is awesome!

DataTrading
TRADE FORECASTING BY ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
¦
PRE-SALE SPECIAL  30%  BONUS   
Pre sale starts on 11.20.2017 9:00 UTC
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:51:52 PM

Bitcent received! Thanks!

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
grantbdev

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 10:02:07 PM

PM sent.

Don't use BIPS!
Gliph (OP)

Bitcoin for Everyone

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 11:42:06 PM

Bitcent received. Gliph is awesome!
Bitcent received! Thanks!
Thank you, for checking out Gliph. Please post or send feedback to support gliph or support at gli dot ph. Your suggestions help us improve it.

PM sent.

Hey, please also send a message to support from your gliph. This puts it at the top of my queue of support requests and allows me to verify we're hooking up the right people.
SPC_Bitcoin

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 08:41:01 PM

"Will accept bitcoin through gliph"

I was doing a few searches for sales on CL accepting bitcoin. I was happy to see this.

http://portland.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=9&subAreaID=&query=gliph&catAbb=sss

NEVER GOT PAID.
Gliph (OP)

Bitcoin for Everyone

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 09:30:46 PM

I was doing a few searches for sales on CL accepting bitcoin. I was happy to see this.

http://portland.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=9&subAreaID=&query=gliph&catAbb=sss
Thank you for sharing this. I had not seen this.  We need to make it easier to handle craigslist listings and use gliph at the same time.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 10:14:17 PM

Thank you for sharing this. I had not seen this.  We need to make it easier to handle craigslist listings and use gliph at the same time.

Good luck... seems that craigslist is raising the walls of its garden ever-higher, with the recent ban on externally hosted images.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
SPC_Bitcoin

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:19:41 PM

I get peev'd about the "verify your account with phone number" business.

NEVER GOT PAID.
Gliph (OP)

Bitcoin for Everyone

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 11:22:22 PM

I get peev'd about the "verify your account with phone number" business.
I believe that this is a spam control measure they use.  I'm curious, are there other personal data verification methods that you see as less intrusive or would consider using?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: