Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:09:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin gambling as investment?  (Read 607 times)
BitNotByte (OP)

Activity: 227
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:40:43 AM

So here I have a friend who's inviting me here on the said gambling investment. It's just simple, you'll send your bitcoin (investment on any amount) on that person then he's going to play using the money collected. After 7 days,  your investment will be doubled and the money will be sent back to you after deducting the trans fee. There is a chance of losing but if your money loses, you'll. Be given a 10% refund.

Someone already tried this? Safe or not?? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ajjhu

Activity: 106
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:47:22 AM

I think this is very insecure. Because you are not involved and you do not know which one is working, you can only give the money to your friends. I think this might as well go to ICO, at least you can choose, select their own approved projects.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:52:30 AM

It seems like an obvious scam to me.

How do you know they will gamble with your money? They could just keep the 90% and say you lost.

Anyway, why can't you gamble it yourself? Do they claim to have a system? If they claim to have a system, then it's probably a scam.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Whibu

Activity: 186
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:55:40 AM

That's very dangerous, because if your money is gone I do not think it will come back, and not necessarily the person who manages it always get results, you better invest to buy some good coin, like ETH, Xrp and other more secure
Rodge182

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:59:31 AM

So here I have a friend who's inviting me here on the said gambling investment. It's just simple, you'll send your bitcoin (investment on any amount) on that person then he's going to play using the money collected. After 7 days,  your investment will be doubled and the money will be sent back to you after deducting the trans fee. There is a chance of losing but if your money loses, you'll. Be given a 10% refund.

LOL. Not at all. There's no assurance of that. You'd better do the gambling yourself at least you have experienced and felt how you will lose your money. Anyway, it is not considered as an investment at all. Investment means there's a slight percentage you will get a sum of what you have invested in gambling there's none.
Meysa_richa

Activity: 458

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:21:26 AM

It's very dangerous to make an investment, better do not do it, it's very risky, you can lose all your money, you better invest in a quality coin coin to buy like Waves, doge and others for the future
mevmike

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 08:34:49 AM

i wouldn't be doing it myself.
and i also wont recommend it to anyone.
the risk is very high that you will lose everything you invested with them.
nothing can stop them from telling you that they have lose in every bet they made even if they won.

﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾   GlodCoin   |  Electronic Currency |  Ethereum Blockchain   ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
› › › › ›  3D Virtual Shopping | VERIFIED And Secured  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
﴾  ﴾  ﴾   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
cherryscarlett

Activity: 238

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:39:04 AM

It's pretty unsafe. Isn't that a gamble?
It's a classic pyramid scheme or a ponzi scheme, and it's just a gamble with bitcoin, which I think is pretty dangerous and should be kept away.

YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:55:45 AM

In my opinion it is not really safe and a total scam, that person is using another ones money to gamble then he's going to return the money doubles when it wins but if they lose 10% as rebates I really think this is not a good idea and using your money you will let them gamble for their sake, I really feel if they can not get back your money and lose they will sure run away with it.
marzyyy

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:07:22 AM

How are you sure that your investment gets “doubled” within a week? We all know the uncertain when it comes to gambling. Let’s just say it isn’t a scam, but the risk is so much higher than just holding the coins.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:11:03 AM

I think you are talking about ponzis here. Ponzis are usually run by a person who collects the money and tries to invest in some places, if he gets a good return, he will share the profit with the investors and if he doesn't, he will simply run away. Unless you know that person personally, don't expect to receive even 10% refund. This is the riskiest investment for any market, be it crypto or fiat. So if anyone is trying to pull funds in the name of gambling investment, you should report that in "Scam Accusations" sub-forum so that a proper action can be taken against such people. Please note, that bitcointalk doesn't support such kind of activities here.

BitNotByte (OP)

Activity: 227

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:22:46 AM

we don't know him personally, he is just offering this as his business. Thanks for your comments and suggestions, i think i'll just play it on my own. lol Grin

menggay16

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:32:35 AM

Gambling is a bad ways to investing your funds. Theres a lot of propitable ICO to invest your funds, and ensure your funds are safe. Do not believe your friend to say that gambling is a good way to investing your funds, maybe she/he can say that because she/he know the treand or strategy to what she/he doing it.
camito

Activity: 301
Merit: 3

DAEFROM.com

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:43:37 AM

Nah, I don't think it's good, reliable and safe investment. There are always chances of winning and losing in gambling, if you win your lucky, if not then sorry. I think investing in much safer investment like ICO is better option than investing in gambling.

───[  DAEFROM  ]───
─────────────[  Stable PoW Platform Based On Ethash Protocol With Its Own Features ]─────────────
───[  DAEFROM.COM  ]──
dbutp

Activity: 171

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:45:33 AM

As far as I'm concerned, neither of them is the same from nature to form although you spend some money. investing or gambling is risky but gambling is much more risky. As you invest you can count on a number of factors to predict the price increase. In addition, if you are still losing money can still recover some money you or you have all or nothing.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS      [ TowerX ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        MEDIUM        TWITTER        LINKEDIN        REDDIT        TELEGRAM
nioctiB#1

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:44:17 AM

This is the first time i heard about this kind of cryptocurrency investment. sending your bitcoin to other people and he will play to double it? honestly it looks like a scam. of course there is a chance that it will be doubled but there is a bigger chance that he will lose or he can just say that he lost all of it and secretly take all your bitcoins. gambling is the very last option i will do to earn money.
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:53:32 AM

I think you should not join. This is definitely not profitable for you.
that's totally a scam. At first, they can give you a lot of profits but then a few months they will fool you and rob all your money. They will illusion you and believe that they will always bring profits to you then you will send them a lot of your capital. It is their chance to rob all of your money. be careful.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:17:20 AM

I know the gambling investment but it is 100℅ risky to your investment. Because majority of the users are loss the money in gambling investment. So try to avoid this investment and some of the people only earn more profit in this investment. In crypto market many good investments are available in the market. You should  try some other investment is the best to secure your money. So don't spend your money in gambling investment.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:23:11 AM

That's not an investment but a careless, and mindless way to throw away money. this cannot be called an investment.

CryptoFello

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:32:35 AM

It seems like an obvious scam to me.

How do you know they will gamble with your money? They could just keep the 90% and say you lost.

Anyway, why can't you gamble it yourself? Do they claim to have a system? If they claim to have a system, then it's probably a scam.

But you can earn some money on it. If you don't treat it like a long-time investment!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: