Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:29:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else having issues with their Antminer A3?  (Read 2232 times)
Zand_ (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:35:51 PM

I received my A3 this afternoon and having been having some problems. When I first set it up, everything was working flawlessly. Hashing at 833GHs on Siamining, no HW errors, everything smooth. About 2 hours later I checked again and saw my hashrate dropped in half with a bunch of X's on one of the hashboards. Since then I've only been able to reach 500-600 GHs, and am getting HW errors on different boards whenever I refresh. Anyone else having issues? I would normally try reflashing the firmware but it's not available on Bitmain's support page.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:37:52 PM

I would stop mining on sia pool, seems they are doing something to mess up A3's
Zand_ (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:40:36 PM

Where do you recommend mining then?
Marvell2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:47:29 PM

Where do you recommend mining then?
suprnova is a fair pool
Marvell2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:50:51 PM

nm looks like a false alarm maybe ddos on the pool
kl4real

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:19:43 AM

can someone help me find my ip address for the A3?

using apw3++ on 110v
connected on ethernet cable with orange light on and green light quickly blinking.
red "fault" light is off and green "normal" light is steady slow blinking
the only other light is a red light on top at the control board

i am in california and have comcast cable
i accessed my router admin page and searched the connected devices and it does not appear
i have pushed the "ip report" button numerous times
i have powered the unit on and off several times including my router
i have pushed the "reset" several times for over 10 seconds and yes i felt the button inside click

any advice?
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:36:22 AM

can someone help me find my ip address for the A3?

using apw3++ on 110v
connected on ethernet cable with orange light on and green light quickly blinking.
red "fault" light is off and green "normal" light is steady slow blinking
the only other light is a red light on top at the control board

i am in california and have comcast cable
i accessed my router admin page and searched the connected devices and it does not appear
i have pushed the "ip report" button numerous times
i have powered the unit on and off several times including my router
i have pushed the "reset" several times for over 10 seconds and yes i felt the button inside click

any advice?

Access your router's settings page amd find attached devices. If the A3 is connected, it should show up as ANTMINER.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
kl4real

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:20:31 AM

i did access the router settings page and looked at all of the devices that are connected and its not listed.

when i unplug the ethernet cable from the A3 it makes so fan adjustments and when i reconnect it - seems to "power" up again

so it seems like there is a signal/connection with the ethernet cable
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:23:36 AM

I received my A3 this afternoon and having been having some problems. When I first set it up, everything was working flawlessly. Hashing at 833GHs on Siamining, no HW errors, everything smooth. About 2 hours later I checked again and saw my hashrate dropped in half with a bunch of X's on one of the hashboards. Since then I've only been able to reach 500-600 GHs, and am getting HW errors on different boards whenever I refresh. Anyone else having issues? I would normally try reflashing the firmware but it's not available on Bitmain's support page.

Ya, sia coin developers were testing a soft fork to render the A3 useless. The total hashrate for the whole network dropped by almost half around 1:30PM EST. Hashrate dropped for all A3 on every pool simultaneously.

dlezama

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:44:37 AM

I would stop mining on sia pool, seems they are doing something to mess up A3's
It wasn't siamining, it was the whole network (only A3s though). Nobody knows why yet.
dlezama

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:49:10 AM

Ya, sia coin developers were testing a soft fork to render the A3 useless. The total hashrate for the whole network dropped by almost half around 1:30PM EST. Hashrate dropped for all A3 on every pool simultaneously.

It is true that every A3 on every pool dropped the hashrate. But, I don't see how the sia team could do that. That would require coordinating with all the pools, including p2pool that is not very friendly. I talked with a couple of pool owners today and they were investigating this, but they still have no clue. My theory is that this is a bug in the A3s, that was triggered by the block they were mining on top of at that point. But who knows. Some are thinking of antbleed stuff, after all bitmain hasn't published the A3 firmware yet. I see it very unlikely, especially since A3s didn't stop mining, just started to get an awful lot of calculation errors.
gabakusa

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:51:21 PM

I have a problem it will mine with the default config but as soon I add my info it wont do anything
https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=500529233636
https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=500529232198

Ulewap

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:33:57 PM

Received mine today: first connection erros. then 1 board dead and the 2 that survived showed 0 hashing speed Cry

kl4real

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:53:33 PM

@ulewap

how did you fix your connection error?

do you have it plugged into a 110v or 220v?
DragosD1

Activity: 89

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:12:05 PM

Same here.
Connecting only on Antpool with factory settings, but as soon as I input my credentials, socket connection error, conection refused.
As Antpool has removed SIA pool few hours ago, I tried Nicehash, same issue, then Nanopool, same issue, finally, it does connect to SiaMining.
That's very strange!
I'm having 220V, also few D3's running on same network with no issues. So it's not my network issue.
dlezama

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:48:18 AM

Same here.
Connecting only on Antpool with factory settings, but as soon as I input my credentials, socket connection error, conection refused.
As Antpool has removed SIA pool few hours ago, I tried Nicehash, same issue, then Nanopool, same issue, finally, it does connect to SiaMining.
That's very strange!
I'm having 220V, also few D3's running on same network with no issues. So it's not my network issue.
Not strange at all, from the ones you mention only siamining support it at the moment.
kl4real

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:51:30 AM

does luxor support it?
DragosD1

Activity: 89

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:22:14 AM

Yes, I can confirm, Luxor is on!

Also someone mentioned Suprnova, but pool is no longer available on Suprnova.

So, only SiaMining and Luxor for now.
dlezama

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:40:31 AM

Yes, I can confirm, Luxor is on!

Also someone mentioned Suprnova, but pool is no longer available on Suprnova.

So, only SiaMining and Luxor for now.
Well, you do have p2pool too. They were mining empty blocks only, so nobody in the community would recommend them. Apparently they are including transactions now as of a few blocks back. If they're behaving, I don't see why not use them Smiley
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:31:06 PM

Managed to get one unit stable at 61/62c on hashboards at 500mhz with 90% fan speed. The other unit is stable at 61/62C on hashboards at 550mhz with 90% fan speed. Others are saying you can push them up to 80C, but that will obviously reduce the lifespan of the device. (700Gh/s on one, 760Gh/s on the other)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: