Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:39:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else having issues with their Antminer A3?  (Read 2238 times)
Staber

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:39:46 AM

Guy, can anyone tell please whats happened?
my a3 works all nights, everything is ok but still 0 in a balance.
what's the problem?
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:11:17 AM

Guy, can anyone tell please whats happened?
my a3 works all nights, everything is ok but still 0 in a balance.
what's the problem?
You're not using antpool are you? Use siamining
Staber

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:40:21 AM

yes, I'm using antpool.
but why I can not use it?
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:44:31 AM

yes, I'm using antpool.
but why I can not use it?
They never found a block, and they pay PPLNS, that means they never paid anything. I think their pool is broken. There are currently 3 pools that work with the A3:

https://www.f2pool.com/
https://siamining.com/
http://mining.luxor.tech/

The three of them pay PPS with 3% fee. I recommend siamining, but you can choose the one you like.

Staber

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:49:36 AM

thank you so much for your reply! I'll go to siaming
jsen14

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:46:39 PM

Hi guys, can use some opinions on why my A3 is not working. Situation:

I purchased a few A3 and set them up at home. Had a hell of a time figuring out the "No Socket Connection" errors until I determined that SiaMining was the only thing that got it to run. At home, I run 240v and they were powered on one Bitmain APW3 PSU. Ran beautifully.

I sold one to a friend. He set it up with the following:

120V
2 850W power supplies (1 powering 2 boards, the other powering the main control board and the 3rd board)

No matter what we did, we could not get his to mine. We tried all of the following:

1. Reflashing the firmware.
2. Giving the miner a static IP address on the network
3. Multiple reboots
4. Multiple Resets to default settings.
5. Unplugging and re-powering

After the static IP failed to work, I tried to revert it to a DHCP Ip address, and here's where we are now stuck.

Now, the miner shows me nothing on the General Overview Page. Everything on that page is completely blank for the System fields, and all of the Memory status bars are at 0. I tried re-flashing the firmware again, and still everything is blank, and I cannot even click on any other tabs within the antminer menu. I cannot click on Configuration, or Status, or Network.

He lives in a colder climate and just got the machine yesterday, so I told him to unplug it for the night and let it get to room temp indoors before we try again. As we were troubleshooting, the A3 was on high speed with the fan, so I am wondering if it was overheated after being delivered in the cold.

Any advice on what else to try is extremely appreciated.
jessamp

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:47:03 PM

Hi guys, can use some opinions on why my A3 is not working. Situation:

I purchased a few A3 and set them up at home. Had a hell of a time figuring out the "No Socket Connection" errors until I determined that SiaMining was the only thing that got it to run. At home, I run 240v and they were powered on one Bitmain APW3 PSU. Ran beautifully.

I sold one to a friend. He set it up with the following:

120V
2 850W power supplies (1 powering 2 boards, the other powering the main control board and the 3rd board)

No matter what we did, we could not get his to mine. We tried all of the following:

1. Reflashing the firmware.
2. Giving the miner a static IP address on the network
3. Multiple reboots
4. Multiple Resets to default settings.
5. Unplugging and re-powering

After the static IP failed to work, I tried to revert it to a DHCP Ip address, and here's where we are now stuck.

Now, the miner shows me nothing on the General Overview Page. Everything on that page is completely blank for the System fields, and all of the Memory status bars are at 0. I tried re-flashing the firmware again, and still everything is blank, and I cannot even click on any other tabs within the antminer menu. I cannot click on Configuration, or Status, or Network.

He lives in a colder climate and just got the machine yesterday, so I told him to unplug it for the night and let it get to room temp indoors before we try again. As we were troubleshooting, the A3 was on high speed with the fan, so I am wondering if it was overheated after being delivered in the cold.

Any advice on what else to try is extremely appreciated.

I don't think 850w is enough to power 2 boards. I am using 2x 750w supplies, but also using breakout boards to manage power distribution and fault protection. Hash board #2 is being powered by both supplies. But a single board can draw up to 520w according to specs. So try underclocking to like 350mhz, get it to boot up, then move up until you find your highest stable level.
jsen14

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:22:54 PM

We're using 2x 850W power supplies.

I can't even get to the screen to adjust frequency, with everything blank on the main screen.
jsen14

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:36:05 PM

Nevermind I just re-read that. I see what you mean about the PSU not being enough.

We do have a Bitmain Apw PSU, but we're running 120V.

How would you recommend utilizing 1 Bitmain PSU and 2 850W PSUs to power this thing at 120v?
jessamp

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:42:29 PM

We're using 2x 850W power supplies.

I can't even get to the screen to adjust frequency, with everything blank on the main screen.

Yes but you are using 2x PSUs without power distribution. So you have 1 PSU connected to 2 boards, which could take up to 1050w. 425w is not necessarily enough to boot up 1 board if they are specified 525w each. I have power distribution circuit boards, so I can use 2 PSUs on the same board..

Try disconnecting all hash boards, and only boot up the control unit only. Then configure to low clock, then re-connect everything and power on again.

But if you mean blank, as in White page, no menu, can't click Configuration at all, then it sounds like you lost your firmware.
If so.. Then no clue what to tell you... Can you get SSH access?? If so then possible for someone here to send you a copy of the firmware if you trust it for no viruses .. LOL Wink

Bitmain has not posted a copy of firmware yet...

Just thoughts
jsen14

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:46:03 PM

Thanks for the help. Will try this.

I have a copy of the firmware, Bitmain emailed it to me in a support ticket. And I've tried reflashing it to no avail.

But I will try to do this when powering up only the main board and let you know. Thanks again.
jsen14

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:52:14 PM

This is likely a noob question, but how does one SSH into a miner?
shellyfinest

Activity: 94
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:00:15 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 10:01:41 PM by shellyfinest

If your home breaker panel can handle it, request a contractor or electrician to install a 240V outlet with 30Amp breaker so you can plug the power supply in,  that's the best / only option to get it to perform correctly.

*sorry 30amp is too much, I stand corrected in the comment after mine
jessamp

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:19:30 PM

SSH on Windblows, use a program like putty (never used it, Windblows sucks)

On Linux use SSH command (duh)
ssh -p 22 root@192.168.?.? <-whatever your miner's IP is..

user is root
pass is admin
(default bitmain user settings)

Not liable for what you do with this info.. And I am not sure exactly how to do up the firmware, have to check Bitmain instructions for that. Haven't done it.

Highly suggest getting a Google PHD before you try anything stupid..

And a 30 amp 220v outlet is overkill, I'd just use 10 amp 220, unless you are going to connect power distribution unit to it.

30amp 220v will run 3 APW3's. But without a PDU, if you have a faulty power supply, (over heating, short circuit etc..), it will not kick off the breaker if you are running a 10amp PSU on a 30 amp circuit, will just run til it lights on fire.. Safety concern there.

greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:50:12 PM

Nevermind I just re-read that. I see what you mean about the PSU not being enough.

How would you recommend utilizing 1 Bitmain PSU and 2 850W PSUs to power this thing at 120v?

I'm also running 120; my set up is, currently, one APW-3 on two boards and the mains, one 650W PSU on the remaining board. Once the profit decreases significantly, I will undervolt and leave it on just the APW3, but the current hashrate is worth the electrical cost.
STATIK

Activity: 162
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:34:07 PM

I'm also running 120; my set up is, currently, one APW-3 on two boards and the mains, one 650W PSU on the remaining board. Once the profit decreases significantly, I will undervolt and leave it on just the APW3, but the current hashrate is worth the electrical cost.

If you want it to run APW efficently get a 220v basically 2 live wires and a neutral with a 20amp breaker ideally you want to run the sucker on a single PSU and 220v is the way to go
STATIK

Activity: 162
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:39:30 PM

STATIC network settings do not work unless you have a static IP, if you run a modem and a router and obtain dynamic IP you should use DHCP network settings instead. Cold air intake is a must if in a heated environment.

Support Sia by mining their pool
nuanicaj

Activity: 178
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:15:56 PM

i did access the router settings page and looked at all of the devices that are connected and its not listed.

when i unplug the ethernet cable from the A3 it makes so fan adjustments and when i reconnect it - seems to "power" up again

so it seems like there is a signal/connection with the ethernet cable

When I setup my device.. Window Edge didn't let me in.. I download Opera Browser and was able.   Check you router for any lan connected mine didn't show Antmine it was lan connected port 192.168.1.168

Hope that help.  just check any lan connect port.  if you can't login in root root  get a different browser .. Edge sucks.
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:05:49 PM

If you want it to run APW efficently get a 220v basically 2 live wires and a neutral with a 20amp breaker ideally you want to run the sucker on a single PSU and 220v is the way to go

I already had the 650 lying around. I don't have room in my panel for another 220 right now (only space left is for a breaker box for an add on project), hence 110. Smiley
sk8rax350

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:50:54 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 11:17:28 PM by sk8rax350

I have my A3 running at stock frequency with one APW3++ @ 115v (per my Kil-a-watt) with no problems since I got it. Why are you guys hooking up more PSUs to yours, if you are already using an APW3++? I don't even have the benefit of cold weather, with the high being in the 80s Fahrenheit lately.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: