Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:01:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Report  (Read 9062 times)
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 28, 2011, 11:30:20 AM

The latest rich list is up now
Those 100 high-flying addresses account for 1754088 coins, which is 35% of all coins generated to date.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cdecker

Activity: 489
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2011, 12:40:37 PM

I don't know what's worse, me being in the top100 list or me recognizing my address among all other just by looking at the list...

Want to see what developers are chatting about? http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-dev/logs/
Bitcoin-OTC Rating
ribuck
Donator

View Profile
January 28, 2011, 12:47:20 PM

I don't know what's worse, me being in the top100 list or me recognizing my address among all other just by looking at the list...

Recognizing your address is worse.

Being in the Top 100 list might even be considered a good thing, except that you've blown your anonymity by having your address in your signature, Mr BTC9364.73.
Cdecker

Activity: 489
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2011, 06:18:20 PM

Recognizing your address is worse.

Being in the Top 100 list might even be considered a good thing, except that you've blown your anonymity by having your address in your signature, Mr BTC9364.73.
Oh damn Cheesy
That's one of my addresses, yeah Cheesy

Want to see what developers are chatting about? http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-dev/logs/
Bitcoin-OTC Rating
NegativeOne (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2011, 12:02:43 AM

As promised previously the graphs are up now showing transactions per day.  http://bitcoinreport.blogspot.com/2011/01/bitcoin-transactions-per-day-and-other.html

There is a huge spike in transactions value on July 12 2010 - does anyone know what happened there?
NegativeOne (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2011, 01:46:01 PM

Thank you for satisfying my curiosity. I think it's almost certain that such an early block would have been generated by Satoshi. Of course, "spent" is quite a strong term. The coins might just have been sent to a different wallet.
This was actually a test payment Satoshi sent to me during debugging. I see in my email logs I offered to send it back but it seems I didn't.  Huh  It was an IP-address based payment.

You might find this new post interesting : http://bitcoinreport.blogspot.com/2011/01/life-of-bitcoin.html

I've analysed all of the transactions stemming from that first transfer and produced a graph showing how the bitcoins got spread around and passed between different addresses.   Grin
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 29, 2011, 01:52:00 PM

Why not publish ads on the Operation Fabulous network? I think you could benefit from a steady stream of revenue.

http://www.operationfabulous.com/

ribuck
Donator

View Profile
January 29, 2011, 02:39:08 PM

I've analysed all of the transactions stemming from that first transfer and produced a graph showing how the bitcoins got spread around and passed between different addresses.   Grin
It's interesting how the transaction gets split up, then later quite a few pieces of the original transaction come together again. But the splits are probably the change that goes back to the same wallet, so it's not so surprising.

And that suggests a way to determine (with a moderate degree of confidence) which part of a transaction is the "payment" and which is the "change".
NegativeOne (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2011, 05:40:29 AM

After a long delay the latest top 100 is up at the usual address: http://bitcoinreport.blogspot.com/

My internet access is quite limited at the moment (hence the long delays between posts) and will continue like this for the next two months or so  Sad  Once I get set up properly I intend to do a lot more work on adding new types of stats and analysis.  Suggestions/requests are welcomed (preferably posted as a comment on the blog since this is easier for me to check while on the move).  There were some requests posted recently that I'll get to first, but still not likely to happen in the next two months.

One thing I plan to look into is the ability to group bitcoin addresses into related groups, to be able to identify funds held by "entities" rather than just balances sitting in accounts.  This should make the 100 rich list more meaningful, although still never 100% accurate.

As soon as I can get my hands on a good VPS (any recommendations here?) I'll also automate generation of some of the more mundane stats (such as the 100 rich list, transactions per day graphs).  On the visualisations side I want to make it easy for anyone to generate their own visualisations based on the bitcoin transaction data, such as generating the "life of a bitcoin" style graphs from a simple webform.

that's all for now...
NegativeOne (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2011, 05:43:16 AM

Why not publish ads on the Operation Fabulous network? I think you could benefit from a steady stream of revenue.

http://www.operationfabulous.com/

Thanks for the tip.  I set myself up on there and added the script to the blog but to this day didn't see any ads appearing besides the self-ads for operation fabulous which I take to mean that no one ever bid for my site.  The traffic isn't huge and I don't post that often so this is somewhat expected.  I've taken the script off for now, will look at it again in a couple of months when I can monitor things more closely.
bitrick

Activity: 64
Merit: 140

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 07:08:12 PM

After a long delay the latest top 100 is up at the usual address: http://bitcoinreport.blogspot.com/

My internet access is quite limited at the moment (hence the long delays between posts) and will continue like this for the next two months or so  Sad  Once I get set up properly I intend to do a lot more work on adding new types of stats and analysis.  Suggestions/requests are welcomed (preferably posted as a comment on the blog since this is easier for me to check while on the move).  There were some requests posted recently that I'll get to first, but still not likely to happen in the next two months.

One thing I plan to look into is the ability to group bitcoin addresses into related groups, to be able to identify funds held by "entities" rather than just balances sitting in accounts.  This should make the 100 rich list more meaningful, although still never 100% accurate.

As soon as I can get my hands on a good VPS (any recommendations here?) I'll also automate generation of some of the more mundane stats (such as the 100 rich list, transactions per day graphs).  On the visualisations side I want to make it easy for anyone to generate their own visualisations based on the bitcoin transaction data, such as generating the "life of a bitcoin" style graphs from a simple webform.

that's all for now...

I know it has been a while, but I had trouble commenting on your blog. The rich list is cool. It would be even cooler if you "diff'd" the list from the last time with annotations:

PositionAddressAmountChangeFirst SeenLast Activity
1001DzjE3ANaKLasY2n6e5ToJ4CQCXrvDvwsf7000.00000000Down 301/01/201006/14/2009
991Pm2PWb4r9kHnpPEnagKReDhCGwuWnqaDm7372.00000000NEW!08/16/201106/14/2009
981QHy6GYtPYUGq5TUmBSFrGJT1k2Ruruchr7712.12000000Down 201/01/201006/14/2009

It would also be cool to see the total bitcoins of the top 100, the % of outstanding coins that represents, and the % of 21M, and a graph of those over time as well as a graph of the minimum BTC needed to be in the top 100 over time.
Also, now that http://bitcoinreport.appspot.com/ is active and backfilled with historic data, perhaps just redirect the blogspot link there, since it is out of date now?
Thanks!
bitstarter

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

BitcoinStarter.com Support Account

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2011, 07:18:48 PM

Hey everyone!  I'm new here but been following bitcoins for a while, it's very interesting.  I've setup this blog where I'm going to publish interesting and useful stats about bitcoins, starting with a top 100 rich list.  I'm looking for suggestions about what other stats to publish, to let me know your suggestions either PM me here, reply on this thread or leave comments in the blog.  Thanks!

http://bitcoinreport.blogspot.com/

---
1AQEtuKSAgSm3NMz2k1fruGgQS8TCvJkLz

+1 to another blog!

Bitcoin Crowd Funding! Bitcoinstarter.com
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: