Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:50:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen when the DeepOnion Airdrop ends?  (Read 272 times)
defecardo (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:41:36 AM

The DeepOnion seems to be a very good coin, with a strong comunity and a solid appreciation curve.  Shocked
I think most of its success comes from a very well designed airdrop that rewards the holders. That's why many people are holding their onions due to the airdrop, but how the market will behave when everyone rushes to sell after the airdrop event? Huh Huh Huh
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:46:20 AM

I want to know others' thoughts also on this. I've seen deeponion from the start and how its price increases. So much fuds surrounded on this one. Some created threads specially for them. A lot of them are allegedly spammers. I'm curious how far onion will be in the crypto field.
ricardopb

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:58:52 AM

Well, let's go through some of the possible scenarios.

1st.
Demand to buy coins stay the same, the same number of people still want to buy new coins. With a steady supply and no new coins being inserted in the market in the airdrop, there is only one way to get them. Buying on the market from people that are willing to sell at a higher price.

2nd.
Demand increases and popularity grows. What happened in the 1st case will be accentuated and appreciation of the coin value will grow even more.

3rd.

Demand decrease and popularity go down. Well, everything starts to go down.

NOBODY can predict what will happen. You can see the public interest in this coin (https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=buy%20DeepOnion,DeepOnion). Things don't look good at googletrends.
SCAR_8

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:25:19 AM

I'm not worried about what will happen at the end of the airdrop. The tech and the community will keep pushing the coin forward like they have been and it will just keep growing. So what if there is a dip here or there, we are in one right now and (well i didn't freak out and sell) and I'm sure many others will do the same. Great coin + great team + great community = No worries!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
celtic99

Activity: 364
Merit: 41

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:33:37 AM

It's going to crash hard, a ton of onion will be dumped.  It would be around 1 dollar if they didn't change the airdrop rules. See what they did is artficially raise the price by requiring more onions to be held in order to get the airdrop. 

I would STAY FAR FAR AWAY from onion, its a pointless coin anyways as we already havea bunch of other privacy cryptos.
kk80586

Activity: 202
Merit: 13

I like coins. I love ONION.

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:12:36 AM

"It's going to crash hard, a ton of onion will be dumped.  It would be around 1 dollar if they didn't change the airdrop rules. See what they did is artficially raise the price by requiring more onions to be held in order to get the airdrop. 

I would STAY FAR FAR AWAY from onion, its a pointless coin anyways as we already havea bunch of other privacy cryptos."

I am new to this crypto stuff but I have to take issue with a couple of your points.
I hold a few ONION that I purchased and am far from qualifying for an airdrop so I don't have a big stake in this one way or the other.
First, I do believe that they just lowered the hold requirement so that more new people could participate in the airdrop. How does giving more free onions (increasing supply) artificially raise the price? How is the price maintaining where it is if everyone is just holding and sitting still. Yes, ONION is down from it's high but so is almost everything else.
Second, yes there are several privacy cryptos out there. But how many of those are integrated with TOR. Some will argue that that much privacy is only needed by criminals who lurk on the "dark web". As far as that goes it is the same as you handing me $1000 U.S.D. in a dark alley to burn down your business for the insurance. If the bills are not marked in some way there is no proof you gave me that money.
I see it as enough privacy that people in oppressed countries can get money for food, weapons or a better way of life. I'm sure there are more legitimate uses that I can't even think of at the moment. I just don't see it as a "pointless coin".
You are definitely entitled to your opinion and you may invest as you like but I see a lot of effort being expended to make a successful coin. I see other coins that are pointless (redundant BTC) without all the effort like BCN. I'm not trying to put down BCN but I don't see the effort or purpose and if you check it's value you might understand the difference. Invest or not, your choice. Have a good one.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   Own ONION   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    Highly Secure & TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary •  SegWit Wallet Released  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:30:52 AM

At least on good thing will happen and that is that there wont be anymore spam about it Grin Price will go down as there wont be no more hype arround it and people that take place in airdrop will rush to sell it and forget about it
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:16:06 AM

The DeepOnion seems to be a very good coin, with a strong comunity and a solid appreciation curve.  Shocked
I think most of its success comes from a very well designed airdrop that rewards the holders. That's why many people are holding their onions due to the airdrop, but how the market will behave when everyone rushes to sell after the airdrop event? Huh Huh Huh
They are still holding their airdrop caused by some people are trying to cash out their airdrop token from their wallets already banned from airdrop by the developer of deeponion.
Why are they(airdrop participants) not trying to cash out their shares?
It caused by majority of them learned from the previous case about some people have been banned from airdrop event.
But if they will be able to sell their deeponion coin and they will be drained all of order place in the market.

Wladestaucs

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:12:59 AM

Pretty simple answer really:

1) Airdrop ends, no more incentive to post about D.O.

2) Less posts about D.O., less attention it receives

3) Less attention, less buying pressure

4) Less buying pressure -> lower price, assuming selling pressure remains the same

Therefore - Airdrop ends -> Lower price
jimmywh

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:59:15 AM

The people in this thread, and other threads, who are praising DeepOnion, are the ones with DeepOnion signatures. The fact is that most of them knows nothing about anything. They are "all-in" on a coin, which in itself is incredibly stupid. They "dominate" and write little to no substance articles in hope of a good samaritan to drop some Onions in their wallets, and eventually for the coin to "moon", so that they can receive a little undeserved recognition in their lives.

However, and this is a BIG however. DeepOnion is currently turning into a new kind of "beast", with a quality over quantity approach, and by developing DeepOnion into something truly useful for everybody. Something they, IMO, should have done from the very beginning, instead of spamming the forum with no-good domination remarks.

For the above reason I choose to receive airdrop, and hold Onions at least mid-, but most likely long-term. Great potential and potentially a great product if they continue on the path they have begun taking.
DirkDiggler1911

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:04:54 AM

4) Less buying pressure -> lower price, assuming selling pressure remains the same

Yep ! You are totally right in my opinion. I don't want to sound like a hater but I think the price of this coin went up a lot the past few months is because a lot of people are promoting it on Bitcointalk with their signature and not because this coin is amazing or whatever.

I think it's just a shitcoin with a lot of shillers
Wladestaucs

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:40:50 PM

Yep ! You are totally right in my opinion. I don't want to sound like a hater but I think the price of this coin went up a lot the past few months is because a lot of people are promoting it on Bitcointalk with their signature and not because this coin is amazing or whatever.

I think it's just a shitcoin with a lot of shillers
Oh absolutely! The coin is mostly marketing AFAIK. And that's great if you want a coin with a high price. But if you want a coin that has the potential to last, you need to have the tech to back it up. Again, AFAIK, D.O. does not have this.
cl37007

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:57:36 PM

It seems odd to me that in general anyone who doesn't have any DeepOnion signature either doesn't respond to these sorts of threads or just has negative things to say about it. Obviously I am in the former camp and fully support the project. Obviously I have invested a sum of money in it, is it my biggest crypto holding, yes, is it the crypto I spent the most fiat on, no. My point being, I am not one of those people who have everything invested in one crypto, or even one of those people who has all their fiat tied up in crypto.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if you think DO is a scam then fair enough, but it is no more likely to be a scam than something else you hold in your portfolio, i can't tell you which one, but come back here in 6 months and tell us which one or more it was.

I am open to the possibility that DO is a scam but you FUDers on here sounds no different to my Dad when he talks about Bitcoin, and I bet you guys can't get enough of that. I am also open to the fact that Bitcoin is a scam before you say anything.

The distribution method of DO is different to what you are used to, so ask youself, are you scared of something a bit different, I bet some of you are.

The project itself to me has some great ideas, using TOR, DeepVault, DeepSend and VoteCentral. I guess alot of the FUD comes from some of these features being still in development but I would rather them be polished than rushed to market. I put my trust in the devs that they will finish these features. For anyone who cares, the DO TOR upgrade will be finished soon making it one of the few cryptos using the latest version.

To me, DO has potential, yes there is a risk people will dump their coins after the last airdrop, but there will be people who will buy them, and please don't pretend like there isn't an abundance of Bitcoin available which has a fraction of the features of DO and most other alts.

My best advice, if you like the look of the project, pick up a few, if you don't then don't. I personally think it will 'survive' the last airdrop

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
thxminer

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:47:09 PM

I think there will be a dip where many of us will buy as much $ONIONS as we can.

As for the "Google trends" that shows a dark future for DeepOnion, so could be said of other cryptocoins:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=buy%20Bitcoin,Bitcoin
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=buy%20Monero,Monero

I think the peak and the following dip all cryptos show is because people thought of buying when the Korea ban news made the markets sunk.

Finally, I'd suggest taking a read at the whitepaper, the roadmap, and the forums, so you can see for yourself that there's no scam in there.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:22:41 PM

The current price is not an indication of the true price of the coin, most of the coins a re locked for them to be able to collect more coins, I think what the team will do is to increase the airdrop period because the price will surely dump when there is no incentive to hold the coins again

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
yinyangwinwang

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:44:31 PM

The current price is not an indication of the true price of the coin, most of the coins a re locked for them to be able to collect more coins, I think what the team will do is to increase the airdrop period because the price will surely dump when there is no incentive to hold the coins again

They won't increase the airdrop period that makes no sense, and it only prolongs what is going to happen eventually. You can't be scared of dumping that is what free markets allow and you must be able to absorb that as a coin if you plan to live. They will probably put some measures in, but by no means should anybody expect the amount of airdrop weeks to be increased.

DIGITIZECOIN.COM | 25% Bonus for Pre-Sale | Main-Sale April 22 2018
Made In Australia
▬▬▬ ■  WebsiteWhitepaper ■  ANN threadJoin Telegram ▬▬▬
jimbo2000

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:53:39 PM

It's quite simple that if such a situation occurs and everyone rushes to sell then the price will crash. The debate is as to if that will happen or not, personally I think it will because I feel as though the airdrop is designed to really encourage holding and it has artificially pumped the price.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
pr3m0nition

Activity: 83

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:06:28 PM

The majority of people who dont believe in the project will for certain dump as they can then realize profits, But i think the people who have actually contributed to the environment will hold.

Just like when bitcoin is selling off, The people who have faith in the technology around the protocol dont just panic dump.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
NaissuR

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:40:40 PM

They will probably run some other trick to keep the coin alive until they sell all the coins they have outside of the circulating supply
they have something like 10mil ONIONS, with this amount of coins, its easy to make some marketing Wink
just like BCC did a big marketing work by putting ads in coinmarketcap or publishing that clip in youtube

Davido93

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:40:53 PM

I read comments below.. and what can i say - ,,thread full of trolls,,
When DeepOnion ends AirDrop the price will skyrocket
You think Im stupid?  The reason -  DeepOnion will be added to major exchanges like Binance. If you take attention to RoadMap in Q3 after AirDrops DeepOnion going to launch smart contracts:) a lots of new futures coming,  just check road map.
In the end of Q1 going to launch mobile wallet.
Project is still young,  started without ICO. Its like Bitcoin road to the moon. It will be top 100 this years Smiley
Haters gonna hate

Interested?  Check my signature and join our community,  you will see yourself,  price dipped to about 9$ from 19$ becouse of blood market
P.s. its best time to invest.
One crypto god is holding more then 100k onions,  and he sayed he did not sell this,  becouse is anonymous crypto future with fast transactions &  low fees plus super good technique

▌▌   Anonymous and Untranceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: