Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:50:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Did You do Wrong  (Read 300 times)
worldtraveller321 (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 33

The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:58:08 AM

Here is a fun question for all of you who started in trading in crypto. I know this is a learning experience for all.
What do you wish you did or didn't do when you first started, trading, buying and selling?

What did you learn? that you should have done or not.
this could be fun

mine was traded too much of my BTC and should have held.
as I didn't know anything about trading at that time. now I know.
plus buying some coins at too high and wanting to just have it
now I am smarter, I wait wait till a dip and buy at a low point

now your turn

worldtraveller

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:04:29 AM

My biggest regret was when I sold an altcoin of mine for 2$ each and in the next week it became $7.
Another regret was when I didn't buy RaiBlocks when it was 3$ (almost bought it, but then changed my mind).

There are plenty actually.. Well, humans makes mistakes. So I'll just consider this as a lesson. And I believe all of us can relate in the same way :p
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:26:25 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 08:42:39 AM by supermine

Here is a fun question for all of you who started in trading in crypto. I know this is a learning experience for all.
What do you wish you did or didn't do when you first started, trading, buying and selling?

this could be fun

now your turn

This kind of discussions are not necessary to the forum in my opinion.

By the way my mistake was keeping the bitcoin when it reached almost $20K,I thought it will go up further but end up with price crashed.If I trade my bitcoins when it hit $20K then I can buy double of that bitcoins now,but unfortunately I missed the chance.

So I learned nothing is stable when it comes to the crypto currency,anything can change is just a overnight.I think it a lesson for life too. Smiley

*I hope this post will give some merit points for me Grin
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:46:37 PM

this could be fun

now your turn

This kind of discussions are not necessary to the forum in my opinion.

By the way my mistake was keeping the bitcoin when it reached almost $20K,I thought it will go up further but end up with price crashed.If I trade my bitcoins when it hit $20K then I can buy double of that bitcoins now,but unfortunately I missed the chance.

So I learned nothing is stable when it comes to the crypto currency,anything can change is just a overnight.I think it a lesson for life too. Smiley

*I hope this post will give some merit points for me Grin
We all make mistakes, I had the opportunity to buy bitcoin at 500 dollars and I only bought one, while I got huge profits out of that I had more money to invest in bitcoin at the time but I was not convinced yet of the technology, however as long as we get more predictions right than wrong then we will make money in the end, I invested some time ago in a coin, I have some small profits but if I made the right choice I could be joining all of those in the forum that had great success investing in icos.
Jating

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:58:36 PM

this could be fun

now your turn

Well the basic mistakes of every newcomer in trading and investing, panic sell. I admit that I always panic sells when I saw the price of bitcoin going down. And I listen to too much FUD here before. Its really a hard lesson and very expensive as well.

But now, I already matured, I'm no longer affected by the waves of FUD around specially when the price is going down. I just laugh at it and I have the mindset to just hold bitcoin for long term.

Also same with you, buying coins at top price and then I was trap and the only way to get out is to sell and suffer a lost.  guess everyone really has to go through baby steps and learn everything from experience.
coinscircle

Activity: 202
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:48:55 AM

this could be fun

now your turn
Hahaha very thanks for your question, i want to share my story. When I first stepped into the crypto market I thought I had enough knowledge and experience, I won successively success when entering the cypto market was 3 months. By the fourth month I was so greedy that I lost 90% of my fortune one night I lost everything I had. My first lesson was greed.
CityHunter99

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:05:26 AM

I have had some experience, but above all I have tempered my temper, and learned to observe the market.  Cheesy Cheesy
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:40:50 AM

this could be fun

now your turn
Hahaha very thanks for your question, i want to share my story. When I first stepped into the crypto market I thought I had enough knowledge and experience, I won successively success when entering the cypto market was 3 months. By the fourth month I was so greedy that I lost 90% of my fortune one night I lost everything I had. My first lesson was greed.
This is a common story, some people get lucky in their first trades and then think that making money with cryptocurrencies is very easy but suddenly they realize this is not the case when they have their first loss, unfortunately for them that loss most of the time is so huge they lose not only everything they have earned at that point but much more, this is why it is a bad idea to begin your trading career without a very detailed plan of what are you going to do in case you win or lose.
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:55:03 AM

I could list many things on this matter that I didn't wanted to do but did it anyway. First would be transferring coins from one exchange to other using BTC. I should have used doge for the transfer. Then would be panic selling as I used to a lot of it. Taking part in pumps and dumps would be my biggest mistake since it just made me huge losses. I didn't used to hold my coins for long and would sell it quickly for smaller fluctuations which I regret even now. Anyway I am happy I know what to do now as I don't repeat these mistakes again.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
wall101

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:47:04 AM

I did because of the wrong thing I did in the field of bitcoin is a mistake that I quickly discount my bitcoin at a cheap price but it's a big deal when I can not recover it but now the bitcoin price is low again I need to get back and start to hold to earn a great deal.
rapsa2018

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:25:43 AM

I think that's when I start trading just because I do not know what I'm doing and buy a good amount of coin I sell it cheap so that's the one thing I did wrong.
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:06:07 AM

The mistake that i hear over and over again on this forum is that investors commiserate that their position sizing has been too small on their trades. One story that I heard about was an investor that put in $200 into Bitcoin back when it was at $60 and bought only 3 coins. If that bet had been $3000 it could have been life changing money. I had the same problem with NEO, predicted correctly that it would go up and bought it, but did so with a smallish position size. We all make mistakes and its great if we can learn from them.

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 06:17:20 AM

Panic, I always panic when I see red and if continues to show red in the next few hours more likely I will start selling even at loss. Thats what I do before. Until now is still panic but I try to keep my self calm and do not sell at below buy price. I have seen several times already that when there's a sudden drop of price, don't panic and wait for it to recover.
tarpa07

Activity: 194

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:51:39 AM

I’m work in this online market there are too many ago around 7 years but on that time I’m not get a right way to do right work and don’t get a right market place after a long time later I’m get a crypto currency trading platform but on that time I’m don’t understand coin market and I was wrong as a newbie worker it was a my big wrong I’m don’t understand how to buy and sell.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:14:56 AM

If you wait at the dip before you buy then you are one of the wise investors but if you buy because of bad news and fud that people are creating then you should be ready to loses your investments.
my greatest mistakes is when I buy into one coin without even find out why the coins was pumping and later it get dump on my head.
velive08

Activity: 815
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:20:22 AM

this could be fun

now your turn
I like you have a bad experience when you become a new trader. I bought at a bargain price and sold some of it when I made a profit, but I tried to sell my coins and bitcoin decreased my exposure to panic sell and sold at a low price. it can be a mistake and we do not have to repeat and make a lesson.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:37:25 AM

this could be fun
The emotion of being panicking that was i did wrong in buy and sell strategy, at that time i saw that bitcoin was fallen down and due to my emotion i quick sold all of it after a week bitcoin was bouncing back again to the higher than as i am expecting price, that was my regret of being emotional.
Yes being wise and smarter in investment will make us rich.
Just hold on until the price back to normal or higher than we expected.

~ hold+patience=profit

Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:53:39 AM

In my early days of trading i just wanted to make money as fast as possible and i never considered holding a coin for more than a period of 2-3 weeks. And most of then coin i had invested in earlier are at moon right now and are doing very well. I panicked sold some of the coins too i wish i hadn't done that.
Zhukov0

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:55:13 AM

Should have ethereum earlier last year.
nikjain422

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:10:16 PM

I haven't done many things yet or i still have many things to Explore but in whatever i have done,one thing that i regret most is taking part in pump and dump.This action of mine has not only made me loss my money but i was so hard broken after that,I stopped trading at all and When i started again,i have to start it from the scratch that means i lost money as well as time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: