Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:30:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it still worth mining bitcoin in 2018 ?  (Read 2461 times)
airdagon

Activity: 546
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:24:27 PM

My question is if it's still worth buying Asic's and start mining BTC in 2018.

If not mine BTC what other coin is it worth to mine nowadays?
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     of course, I will always use it because it is still worth bitcoin use. but, if you want to feel in a profitable continue you can use high power to move it. I'm also sure of the upcoming time, all the chaos that happened yesterday will soon recover as usual in the near future.
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:41:08 AM

For me it is not profitable. I sold my mining equipment, when I got that trading, when you do it after thinking over your scheme of business, brings more. Yes, mining is not risky, but ASIC will eat much money.
Crystacool

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:13:45 AM

Yes, the current bitcoin trend is still very good.
I believe that bitcoin will continue to grow rapidly in 2018.
It will soon return to normal and reach new targets.
OzyMeister

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:57:58 AM

Imo it isn't worth it to mine bitcoins in 2018 as the current electricity rates are very high (especially in India) and even Nvidia declared that they don't want to sell GPUs to miners but they want to sell them to gamers as they get feedback from them.

Keeping the hardware and electricity issues aside, the difficulty while mining has increased as well and this is becoming a lot more competitive than expected.

Therefore, I don't think that investing in a mining rig would be profitable in the current scenario.
Mining using ASIC is still profitable even more when you have free electricity Smiley Smiley Smiley
Roger99

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:11:03 PM

Mining is the best platform because it is feasible to buy every month. But it takes more power consumption so many users are spared from the mining platform. Moreover, bitcoin in 2018 mining is not too increased but prices often rise and increase.
zxcv cool

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:20:10 PM

I think there are several important factors. 1. Bitcoins can still keep a high price in 2018. 2. You must have a low price for electricity.
 To meet these two points, I think you can still dig in 2018.Roll Eyes

Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:23:50 PM

The only hardware that i know off capable of mining bitcoin right now is Antminer s9, which coast roughly about four to five thaousand dollars, you will be able to make its money worth of bitcoin in about 6 to 7 months, and this considering that you will be runing it 24/7 and with 0 electricity coast, so all in all i don't think that it is profitable at all because even if you have free electricity these caculation are made at a certain mining difficulty which is always changing so 2 months from now this could change, so unless you have a lot of moeny to buy expensive hardware and an empty space and free elctricty i don't recommend mining bitcoin, instead do like everone and just mine altcoins with GPU and then exchange them to bitcoin.
greg458

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:31:08 PM
Merited by artmaker (2)

First, i think better if you move your post in mining childboard...

Also, its not profitable to mining bitcoin with only 1-2 asic even if you have 1-2 antminers, it's still not profitable. Better if you mine a coin with a lower mining difficulty level like monero, ltc, zcash, or ethereum.
You can also buy at least 50 onion coins for participate in their airdrop every week
parassinghal

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:47:38 PM

No i do not prefer mining because the cost of resources for mining is higher than what you will earn through mining. So i will suggest you for trading not for mining.

alekseidanilov0803

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:02:36 PM

In 2018 I very hope that bitcoin will rise. Maybe about him will begin to talk more often. I would very like...
Kate Beckett

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:06:04 PM

I don't think so. Bitcoin mining is in the past. It is too difficult right now and it does not pay off for a very long time. If you reaaly want to mine crypto, you should consider ETH or RPL mining.
freecastle

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:07:27 PM

The difficulties are only increasing, I'm not sure what to invest in mining now is the best plan
damrianto

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:13:00 PM

seen from the development so far bitcoin from year to year continue to reach the peak of its success. every day ico campaign continues to compete. this is evidence that bitcoin is always on the rise for visitors who want to join what bitcoin again in this year 2018.
but in this year the visitors are somewhat filtered to participate in investing with bitcoin because now every registration in the first deposit. it aims to keep all cheating cheating that has happened so far.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:17:50 PM

It is. They are just saying that mining is not profitable since you really need to have a good capital in order to buy good hardware for your miners. Also, mining do not give your profit that easily since it takes time before you get back what you have spent on it, electric fees are really not a joke.

There are a lot of digital currency and if you will be buying an ASIC, theres BCC and other Bitcoin altcoins that are aiming to take down BTC which is not really successful. Though you can just use a mining calculator to calculate your earnings if it will be profitable or not.
VeganNation

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:43:48 PM

Yea, why not? What's the idea behind this question?
Algochain

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:47:26 PM

No, it is not worth mining bitcoin- only if you have an advantage over the market , then yes.
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:50:04 PM

It is not worth it to mine BTC nowadays. Majority of miners are residing in China and they have cheaper electricity there. Also, the value of BTC is low as of now so I would prefer mining alts if possible.
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 02:51:37 PM

The difficulties are only increasing, I'm not sure what to invest in mining now is the best plan

its still worth to do i think, with more miners, the more transaction on the blockchain will get completed
but as miners, still need to count all profit and the fees to pays electricity (it depends on the country i think)
Manchumichael

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:15:13 PM

It is. They are just saying that mining is not profitable since you really need to have a good capital in order to buy good hardware for your miners. Also, mining do not give your profit that easily since it takes time before you get back what you have spent on it, electric fees are really not a joke.

There are a lot of digital currency and if you will be buying an ASIC, theres BCC and other Bitcoin altcoins that are aiming to take down BTC which is not really successful. Though you can just use a mining calculator to calculate your earnings if it will be profitable or not.
Bitcoin mining will not give you the instant profit you have to wait for a long time, but in the long term, you can make a good profit. And you must buy the latest machine to mine bitcoin. Cost is high and electricity bill also high.If you can afford this, then you can mine bitcoin. Suppose if you can not afford to buy ASIC you can buy GPU's and mine other altcoins.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:42:49 AM

I think there are several important factors. 1. Bitcoins can still keep a high price in 2018. 2. You must have a low price for electricity.
 To meet these two points, I think you can still dig in 2018.Roll Eyes
It is very much impossible to have low electricity bills after earning a good amount of bitcoin through mining. The expenditure is not acceptable that is why hackers are using other people’s resources to accomplish this job.

There is no doubt that bitcoin would be soaring up but other methods of earning this crypto currency are more suitable. Personally, I like day trading because it gives the most earning.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: