Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:33:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it still worth mining bitcoin in 2018 ?  (Read 2462 times)
CryptoSmile

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 03:06:05 PM

Each country certainly has different financial needs in mining costs, both regarding electricity tariffs that need attention, as well as mining equipment and other needs that are in dire need of large costs. Looking at current market conditions, where bitcoin prices tend to decline, mining costs like I mentioned above experience price increases. Of course I see it is very risky and maybe the benefits that can be obtained are very small through bitcoin mining at this time.
nisya

Activity: 318
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:47:09 AM

Maybe if they have a large of hardware, they can still get a profit from mining this year, and they don't have to use a big fee for the electricity. But for people who only have the small hardware, they cannot make any profit, and even they will need to pay a big fee of the electricity. It depends on many reasons for the mining to continue and the big things that we need to aware of are the electricity fee which is different in all country. And if you can get the cheap electricity fee, then you only need to think about how the hardware can get a big reward from the mining process.
maxilopez

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:49:44 AM

Of course, it is worth it because in a couple of years it will cost $ 100k and those people who produced 6 to $ dollars will be in very good profit

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
eashikde

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:46:15 AM

If we are talking about mining bitcoin through mining, then it is now very difficult. Currently, mining has become very difficult, as it requires expensive equipment, which is required due to increased competition. Also now there are many large companies that specialize in bitcoin mining and offer their services to investors.
messito

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:05:46 AM

Bitcoin still looks to me the most attractive for mining because I believe that it will grow well in the future and believe me it will bring a lot of profit to its investors

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
rindayle

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:06:50 AM

Every year production becomes more and more labor-intensive and expensive. Now this type of earnings is very popular, but not available to everyone, because of the competition requires more powerful equipment. Have become popular so-called large farms that offer to earn those who can not mine.
flying_bit

Activity: 434
Merit: 9

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:44:47 AM

My question is if it's still worth buying Asic's and start mining BTC in 2018.

If not mine BTC what other coin is it worth to mine nowadays?

Here in our country mining bitcoin is not that profitable anymore if you're doing it alone. Cost of equipment to use, electricity and internet is very high and bitcoin value is lower compare last year.

I not sure what best alternative to mine but I believe monero, litecoin and ethereum are still in the top list

Reality is the only thing that is real.
Hustinog

Activity: 191
Merit: 32

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:50:33 AM

Yes, it is worth mining to those who mines lately. But as a newbie in mining? I guess it is not worth to start mining now 2018. It is profitable but as your bill of electricity rises your profit will goes to them. And ofcourse, in order to do mining, you have to buy an expensive mining rig which is capable of 24/7 use. It will always take time to earn but as what is always told here in the crypto-world, you must risk your time too, not just your money in order to earn a good profit.

darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:52:58 AM

Yes it is still profitable for old time miners specifically for those who has .10kwh rates even gpu mining can still give you a little bit of profit. Tho unlike before the current profit is much smaller than before.

However I am not so sure if it would be beneficial for you tbuy asics right now as you may not know what is ahead. Therefore it is all about risk in the end
hero1111

Activity: 1582
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:00:57 AM

Bitcoin mining is not looking good now because bitcoin prise is low for now but if we think to long invest for bitcoin and if we think to save bitcoin for future , i think it will be profitable invest . This year was not good for bitcoin prise till october but it will not going like that and bitcoin prise will rise .
Fluxtorrence9

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:07:14 AM

With that large high difficulty ? Shocked mining bitcoin now is only left for big companies or very rich people because the cost of asics is high and to make good gains every month you will have to get tons of asics and build a big farm. My advice is to mine other coins and get paid in bitcoin or exchange them to bitcoin,do some research or head to whattomine.com you will see the most profitable coin you can mine presently.
SemionDevyatkov

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:07:32 AM

Bitcoin is quite unpredictable cryptocurrency, very few people can answer this question. However, there are a lot of worthy analogues now, and if you sit and analyze the current market, you can get an answer to your question about other currencies.
learntonoob
Copper Member

Activity: 85

FinanceX Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 09:59:10 AM

I think it's not a good time for a new comer at that time . You need a lot of money to stick to that and patiently wait for the price going up.

muslol67

Activity: 1582
Merit: 670

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:01:50 AM

Current energy consumption mining has begun to be non-profitable. Moreover, an increase in the degree of difficulty also reveals the cost of the device. Under these conditions, the only way to continue mining is to increase the value of Bitcoin and therefore all crypto coins.
nicko122

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:24:11 AM

Mining of bitcoin are still profitable, but this may change at any time. The price of bitcoin often changes, so many people do not want to take a lot of risk and buy expensive equipment, which later may be useless. Although on the other hand, many people have long predicted the death of Bitcoin, but he holds the bar high and now shows good stability.
abarbaz

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 11:31:51 AM

yeah mining is profitable buts its totally depend on your electricity bill and i think in 2018 new technology has been occur like masternodes and cloud mining i think we have to move on like masternodes and cloud mining not remain on expensive hardware and electrical bill issues   
Money mani

Activity: 52

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:29:56 PM

It depends just on your electricity cost. If you have no worry about it, then you mine bitcoin happily. Otherside if you saw your bills goes high then mine a little bitcoin because you earn from it.
manyu22

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 01:01:30 PM

Mining of bitcoin are still profitable, but this may change at any time. The price of bitcoin often changes, so many people do not want to take a lot of risk and buy expensive equipment, which later may be useless. Although on the other hand, many people have long predicted the death of Bitcoin, but he holds the bar high and now shows good stability.
Yes, you are right. bitcoin is very profitable if at the right time. because bitcoin is always up and down. I think bitcoin will always go on, because more and more people are using it, and that really affects bitcoin
Vansoff

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 01:28:57 PM

There are more threads on the similar topic, But to answer your question, It is very hard to mine BTC as of today assuming the high electricity costs that are involved apart from setting up your mining rig. SO I would suggest you to forget it Smiley
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 01:36:26 PM

Heavy manipulated mining community as there's too much big players with advantageous position to chip off regular miners, mining machine cost, electricity, price movements, regulations. it seems like an ordinary household miner couldn't get what are they deserving these days, suffering loses with never reaching ROI and BTC dusts, 2018 is not a good year for mining i believe unless you have resources to give cheap electricity 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: