Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:20:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it still worth mining bitcoin in 2018 ?  (Read 2462 times)
Obolo

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 06:38:28 AM

Every amount of bitcoin you earn is very worthy as far as cryptocurrency is concerned. The crypto market might be really bearish now but that does not mean mining for some bitcoin is not worthy. What if bitcoin is to shoot up instantly? Remember in crypto, everything is capable of happening. If mining bitcoin could fetch some amount of bitcoin, it is better you mine for more bitcoin and hold whiles bitcoin shoots up and I am sure you will end up securing lot of $ when market revives at an appreciable state.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
conanmori

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:38:21 AM

Considering the high electricity bill and other payment you needed to pay and the current Bitcoin price surely you will only gain few but you mine it not because you will sell it today but to future where Bitcoin can be more valuable than this. So your profit will be seen in the future.

Harlod Benjamin

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:06:53 AM

Why do not we dig up bitcoin? If bitcoin is no longer valuable, stop digging again. But bitcoin is more valuable then why do not we? Only if you are qualified to set up a bitcoin digging system, it will give you a lot of value.
trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:11:54 AM

It is still profitable, it all depends from your budget, if you want to buy video cards at least on ten thousand dollars, you can still earn money on mining, and if we are talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars, then you can not think and start mining. It is not necessary to mine bitcoins, there are other alts that bring even greater income.
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002

= jasad =

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:22:00 AM

My question is if it's still worth buying Asic's and start mining BTC in 2018.

If not mine BTC what other coin is it worth to mine nowadays?

You must learn about mining, and calculate how much electricity you will spend each month.
of course in every country it will be different, and there are always techniques to outsmart to always be able to make a profit. if it's not possible bitcoin mining is gone.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1442
Merit: 545

dont be greedy

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 08:22:38 AM

if the price of electricity in your home is below 0.05 USD per KWH, then it is very profitable, because now the price of BTC is bad, even the price of ETH is very bad. My friend felt frustrated when he was confused about which coin to choose, because this year the price of all cryptocurrency assets declined, while maintenance and operational costs continued to increase.
my conclusion is, mining is now not worth it, I prefer to do business online store if there is no change in cryptocurrency prices
Nasonn

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:35:48 AM

Bitcoin mining and other cryptocurrencies are still worth mining. People are making huge amount of money mining cryptocurrency though it's no longer as profitable as it used to be if we take last year into consideration.
aad140386

Activity: 420
Merit: 20

simply getting the job done

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:31:52 AM

No one will give you an unequivocal answer to your question. It all depends on how much you believe in the future of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency. If you believe that cryptocurrency will go up in price over a period of 5-10 years, and you are ready to expect profits from mining in the future, then of course you can mine both Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency. If you do not believe that cryptocurrency is the future, and consider mining as speculative earnings, then you need to calculate all costs from electricity to unexpected expenses, and then make a decision.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
calebwa

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:05:11 PM

Seriously, I think that there’s no way to mine BTC in 2018/2019. The Chinese community controls the major part of mining power, so ordinary users can hardly compete with their hubs. Even ASICs aren’t ideal for this goal because you can’t produce enough power to get rewards. I’d suggest mining ETH or other altcoins which aren’t as popular as BTC. Alternatively, you can think about trading – this approach may be highly profitable if you have enough knowledge and some luck. Just compare potential incomes using crypto calculators (https://cex.io/bitcoin-calculator). Surely, both ways are volatile and nobody can guarantee that you will earn a lot. But I think that mining altcoins or trading is better than mining BTC now.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:13:09 PM

MIning is not advisable these days because of the continuous dropping of market values this means that what you can only gather is enough amount to pay for electricity and the maintenance of your computers so for me better find another option of gaining than mining,maybe investing in ico but with extra care,or holding coins for long term strategy
Hasbro27

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:20:44 PM

in my opinion, at the moment it's not profitable to do bitcoin mining, moreover the price of ASIC's mining equipment is expensive and electricity consumption is also high, if the profit is not much calculated, I don't have a coin recommendation to mine because currently mining profits are not as much as last year and I myself have stopped mining bitcoin
Triwiyono

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:31:57 PM

in my opinion, mining is always profitable if we are mining with a large amount of capital, such as buying mining tools that are super fast, have a large place, and electrical power. if you have it all, in my opinion until now bitcoin mining will continue to be profitable until this year.

███ TWITTER WapSwap Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT) FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
eashikde

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:09:18 PM

I think this is a purely personal decision of each person. In this situation, it is not possible for very few to extract, since the cost of equipment and the production itself are more complex and voluminous processes. Due to competition, this type of mining was not possible for all people.
nur rochid

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:20:02 PM

I think this is a purely personal decision of each person. In this situation, it is not possible for very few to extract, since the cost of equipment and the production itself are more complex and voluminous processes. Due to competition, this type of mining was not possible for all people.
as long as it's still profitable i think it's still appropriate to run. i myself have never mined, so i don't know about mining bitcoin. but every business certainly has ups and downs, like trading too
Kusnechik

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:29:54 PM

Bitcoin’s mines, as far as I know, are accessible to a narrow circle of miners, as it requires a lot of energy costs for electricity.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
paulk11087

Activity: 987
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 04:44:35 PM

I think the fact that mining costs are high and the bitcoin price doesn't mean that it's getting less difficult. Because as the cost increases, the number of people undergoing mining is decreasing and increasing per capita.
ruybanoya

Activity: 47

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:33:18 PM

still work because bitcoin price will be rise soon
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:36:06 PM

In my opinion it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep in the mining business given that the prices the coins are selling for are not adding much more value over what the production costs are.
BibitBot

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 05:38:58 PM

Factors that can affect the growth rate of Bitcoin
Bitcoin is initially positioned as a coin, which does not depend on the authorities and any government. However, any rumors about the possible tight regulation of cryptocurrency are immediately reflected on the market behavior, and on the Bitcoin course in 2018.

For its part, the Bitcoin community is constantly looking for new solutions in order to improve the ecosystem. There are many factors that may affect the forecast of the Bitcoin rate for 2018, but it is worth mentioning among the main ones:

regulation;
disagreements within the Bitcoin community;
demand growth;
speculation.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:37:53 PM

MIning is not advisable these days because of the continuous dropping of market values this means that what you can only gather is enough amount to pay for electricity and the maintenance of your computers so for me better find another option of gaining than mining,maybe investing in ico but with extra care,or holding coins for long term strategy

Just what I'm thinking of. If the price of bitcoin's plummet and price of electricity is going down all in all the profit is close to nothing. Plus the fact that algorithm nowadays gets hard because it closes the max cap.

Well if we are looking for the fact that it is bitcoin and it will be worth it in the long run. Maybe we can try.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: