Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:33:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How the new rules "Merits" will affect on the promotion of altcoins?  (Read 889 times)
JuliaJi

Activity: 896
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:16:32 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 02:26:58 PM by JuliaJi

It's an interesting system I like it, but I think they need to consider that some merit sources might abuse their merit giving powers such as selling it or give it to their alt accts. Overall it's going to be hard to get promoted in the future for everyone given that merits are limited and some people will hoard for them for bragging rights.

There will be some specific users who are going to be merit sources.
Merit is trackable, so abuse would or could be noticed.

If hoarding will be a problem they will implement merit expiration.

To whom will you give your merits ? Many talking it is easy - but we will see what we have than

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JuliaJi

Activity: 896
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:18:02 PM
Merited by InGODweTrast3 (1)

If true - it will be trash with this merits! People will give it just like - one for one! only like deal! Its not fair!!!
Crumple Cat

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:36:57 PM

Definitely a good step to improve the quality of content on the platform and in general to improve the atmosphere here.
The creators of the topics and posts really useful for the development of the crypto community will now be more visible.
I urge everyone to use this tool and reward those who are really useful!

VenturaBro

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:49:50 PM

I mean, how does it differ from the "trust" system? Don't both just discourage shitposting and show members that are actually helpful?
DAOfan

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:54:45 PM

I really wish they had waited until I was higher ranked. Getting merit is very hard when you are new to the crypto world. I think my comments are insightful, but I don't know how to get people to read them exactly.

Meet IP Exchange. Distributed network layer.
Join IPSX Token Sale  ─── 『 https://ip.sx/
Bestfriendko

Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:01:15 PM

Looks compelling, but i still do not apprehend everything. All i think is that this merit rule will do us all good. It will surely serve it's purpose. I guess we all have to do our part, be constructive in our posts and don't exasperate anyone. Treat everyone kindly because we are all part of a team.
shwetaji

Activity: 134

CVProof.com - SECURING JOB'S CREDENTIALS

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:02:50 PM

Anyone tell me about the new rules(merit)of the Bitcointalk forum.. I don't know more about this.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CVProof.com- SECURING JOB'S CREDENTIALS    ◆    [Join ICO Now]    ◆    Whitepaper / ANN Thread    ◆    TFSTL
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
InGODweTrast3

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:05:23 PM

My real goal to become Sr.Member turned into a dream!) It's a pity that this rule was not introduced a little later at least in March this year!
tiar4dewie

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:05:43 PM

I still do not understand and still wonder how the new feature "merit" works. how will each member get 1 merit? I see some members who have status Jr. start their merit amount from number 10. I need an explanation.

manlyxman

Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:10:03 PM

It sounds good on paper but could be easily abused.

Or it could just be the exact same thing as the trust system. Might go either way.
InGODweTrast3

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:11:27 PM

My real goal to become Sr.Member turned into a dream!) It's a pity that this rule was not introduced a little later at least in March this year!
Yes, this rule will limit the amount of spam - it's a fact! I think that this rule still requires certain improvements, I propose an algorithm in which the time spent on the forum will be taken into account, more hours more opportunities for merit ...
whofeelsitknowsit

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:11:56 PM

I think this is a great development.  Way too many people are creating accounts and making useless/unconstructive posts solely to rack up posts/activity so they will be eligible for bounty campaigns.  Hopefully this will help with that.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:19:25 PM
Merited by david_019 (1)

What do you think about the new rules (merit) of the Bitcointalk forum? Do you think this is good or not?)
Because of this rule of participants in altcoin bounty campaigns will be less?
Is it possible to offer to exchange "merit" in the topics of posts-This will not be a violation of the rules?

I think " merit " is good solution to create communication between member to increase quality post or activity. For now, I see most members is individual and only create communication with people they need, not all. Besides that, I see post is just only write without meaning ( most like spam or just say hello ), and we all need to change that. I like this new rules and I hope bitcointalk forum will become the best one.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
Duzenn

Activity: 252

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:25:39 PM

Yes, this rule will limit the amount of spam - it's a fact! I think that this rule still requires certain improvements, I propose an algorithm in which the time spent on the forum will be taken into account, more hours more opportunities for merit ...
Indeed, it is a very good suggestion, in Bitcointalk time forum can be used as a reference, or rarely someone will take the initiative to give others increase the merit, the length of time online can reflect whether a person is a shitposter, often shitposter just spend very little time on forum, because they have a lot of accounts.

InGODweTrast3

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:26:37 PM

Question for all, tell me in this thread someone added someone merit?
  We are discussing a serious issue of the forum! Somebody put merit on another member here, I do not mean those who are licked!
Xday123

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:26:43 PM

I think merit rules is good idea but  it's not fair. because the users will send more to their friends. ranking will be very difficult.
K0korap

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:32:05 PM

What do you think about the new rules (merit) of the Bitcointalk forum? Do you think this is good or not?)
Is it possible to offer to exchange "merit" in the topics of posts-This will not be a violation of the rules?

I dig the new rules about merit system since it regulates spams and supports those people who really put effort in making sense about their posts. Though it will be hard for the newbies like me to really discuss blockchains and stuff but i really support regulations that promotes quality posts over inessential posts.

david_019

Activity: 256

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:32:28 PM

I think " merit " is good solution to create communication between member to increase quality post or activity. For now, I see most members is individual and only create communication with people they need, not all. Besides that, I see post is just only write without meaning ( most like spam or just say hello ), and we all need to change that. I like this new rules and I hope bitcointalk forum will become the best one.
i agree with you. Actually for me this is best idea, what ever rules and changes that will be implemented by the staff and moderators because BCT is not a low class or a simply made site for an average porpuses but a world class with business involve and by that to be strict strict is reasonable to maintain the world high standard.
Opurum

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:38:26 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 06:18:23 PM by Opurum

Please, can someone explain the meaning and implication of MERIT on my profile summary as shown below. I am seeing this for the first time.
Activity:140
Merit:100
itsonlikedonkeykong

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:42:59 PM

This is fascinating. Thank you for the update. I think that this is just the natural evolution of one of the premier crypto forums on the net.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: