Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:44:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: About currency risk  (Read 483 times)
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:11:30 PM

Great thread of people just saying there is risk in everything. Amazing insight, people. Let's all just keep repeating it until our post counts are in the millions. Perfect.

While it is not wrong that there is risk in everything, the risks should be calculated and kept to a minimum. By saying "everything is risky" you're kinda missing the point, which is to control the risks that need to be controlled. There are many types of insurance to do this, there are currency options, swaps, futures and whatever. A million ways to secure yourself. What does this coin bring to the table? They simply say "why not let experts do it". That's fine, experts are good. Why do they need their own coin and ICO for that?
You have said a million dollar thing. Really, it’s useless complaining about risk and just discussing the facts about it. Definitely everything is risky to some extent as we cannot be sure about future but this is the reason why we have subjects like risk management and a lot of books are out there that cover this topic. If there is a problem, there is always a solution also. Better to focus on the solution.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Senkuli

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:40:10 PM

many things are at risk in all aspects of our lives, just as in an investment there is always a risk that we must consider and we receive at what time we expect not to be what we want.
so too with this crypto currency, we can never predict precisely about the changes in the value of crypto currency, sometimes we can achieve big profits and sometimes we can suffer huge losses as well.
all back to ourselves, whether we want to make big profits with a big risk that might happen.
jhamz03

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:50:17 AM

everything we do must be at risk
risk can happen anywhere
at home, work, travel, invest. and so does the currency risk

then we have to be careful when taking the decision so that big risk does not happen on
You are right friend. All activity has risk. We must believe that the risk is the way to get good future. So, don't worry to pass it and the future will be bright Smiley
Taking risks comes with great rewards. If you ever want to achieve the life you’ve always dreamed of, you’ll have to start taking positive calculated risks. We cant just take any chances to achieve anything great in life without the risk. When it comes to your business, you stand to lose money, time and your reputation. Which are also the very same things you stand to gain! The benefits of taking risks will enrich your life and make your business or career much more rewarding.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1333

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:35:56 PM

"Security is a main aim for all of us.

Security for our families, and also for our wealth.

I timed this yesterday — I spend on average 30 seconds every waking hour checking before I cross a road, or waiting to cross a road at a junction — do I spend 30 seconds every hour of my waking life thinking about currency risk? Probably not. And maybe I should.

We take great care to be safe crossing the road; also choosing travel; choosing leisure plans; choosing food — do we spend as much time every day choosing how to manage our currency?

There are a lot of risks in real life — let’s not make currency risk one of them.

Being secure makes you feel comfortable, and just have one less thing in busy lives to think about. Everything around modern life is geared to make our lives easier, everything is a click to add to your shopping basket or a promotion code to make you buy again. Even your bank probably send you a promotion code for insurance or extra services with them?

Globcoin want to make our currency choices more secure, and also easier to manage, on the safest platform — Ethereum. Let a team of currency experts manage your currency risk.

*Written by Linda Leaney — Globcoin CFO

Nothing here demonstrates that anyone has an ability to manage currency risk. You can manage your "currency risk" by not buying currencies that are highly volatile. Short of avoiding that, there's nothing anyone involved in a crypto company can do to mitigate your currency risk, the best they can do is make a hacker-proof environment so your coins can't be stolen from your account. These are two different types of risk, and cybersecurity will do nothing for currency stability.
If we are talking from an investor point of view, he can lower his exposure to cryptocurrencies by having other assets or currencies in his portfolio, most users here only have cryptocurrencies, but if you hold other assets like bonds which are very low risk the overall risk of your portfolio goes down, that is a good idea for those that will like to invest in crypto but that are not sure they can handle the risk.
EvaGC (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:19:55 AM

[/quote]If we are talking from an investor point of view, he can lower his exposure to cryptocurrencies by having other assets or currencies in his portfolio, most users here only have cryptocurrencies, but if you hold other assets like bonds which are very low risk the overall risk of your portfolio goes down, that is a good idea for those that will like to invest in crypto but that are not sure they can handle the risk.
[/quote]

So in your opinion, Globcoin is ideal for investors who have several types of assets, including cryptos - but not limited to cryptos?

katak mercat

Activity: 133
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:48:47 AM

I timed this yesterday — I spend on average 30 seconds every waking hour checking before I cross a road, or waiting to cross a road at a junction — do I spend 30 seconds every hour of my waking life thinking about currency risk? Probably not. And maybe I should.

We take great care to be safe crossing the road; also choosing travel; choosing leisure plans; choosing food — do we spend as much time every day choosing how to manage our currency?

There are a lot of risks in real life — let’s not make currency risk one of them.

Being secure makes you feel comfortable, and just have one less thing in busy lives to think about. Everything around modern life is geared to make our lives easier, everything is a click to add to your shopping basket or a promotion code to make you buy again. Even your bank probably send you a promotion code for insurance or extra services with them?

Globcoin want to make our currency choices more secure, and also easier to manage, on the safest platform — Ethereum. Let a team of currency experts manage your currency risk.

every investment must have a risk and the greater the chance the greater the risk of crypto currency is a very promising investment place, so reasonable if it has a big risk such as loss, we must secure our wallets well in order to reduce the risk of loss
ylnar123

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:06:49 PM

every investment must have a risk and the greater the chance the greater the risk of crypto currency is a very promising investment place, so reasonable if it has a big risk such as loss, we must secure our wallets well in order to reduce the risk of loss

It is easy to say that every investment has risk. But if we try to look at it, these risk can be managed through proper monitoring and risking too much is also bad for your investment. When you see that risk is really high then dont overdue your investment and invest only the amount thatvwont hurt you when it break.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
paynercash

Activity: 392

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:20:23 PM

[/quoteMonetary risks are not just security risks, there are a lot of hackers emerging lately, and I think they will attack the virtual currency community quickly, not only there. The risks involved in investing are numerous, they have a lot of thoughts about Bitcoin, but there are still many who want to get a profit

Joyceshiroor
Copper Member

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:27:52 PM

Currency risk, commonly referred to as exchange-rate risk, arises from the change in price of one currency in relation to another. Investors or companies that have assets or business operations across national borders are exposed to currency risk that may create unpredictable profits and losses.

yonghaseo

Activity: 111
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:22:26 PM

Everything that involved money to make in this fast paced world has always be at risk. It has undergone various of feasibility studies, education and emphasizes security measures.

●●● XPETROLEUM | Building The Trust Oil Economy With Blockchain Technology ●●●
Visit : https://xpetroleum.com/
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:06:08 AM

If we are talking from an investor point of view, he can lower his exposure to cryptocurrencies by having other assets or currencies in his portfolio, most users here only have cryptocurrencies, but if you hold other assets like bonds which are very low risk the overall risk of your portfolio goes down, that is a good idea for those that will like to invest in crypto but that are not sure they can handle the risk.
[/quote]

So in your opinion, Globcoin is ideal for investors who have several types of assets, including cryptos - but not limited to cryptos?

[/quote]
If you ask me, I think he is not interested in GlobCoin at all. He has not even mentioned about it for once that shows he is least interested in this. He is just giving us all a piece of advice rather a strategy through which we can stay safe and mitigate loss. But I think if a person diversifies his Investments and buy more than 3 profit promising Crypto coins plus keeps them in a paper wallet, he would already be playing a safe game.
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:09:32 PM

There is a natural balance between chance of gain and risk, in any activity of life: more something is potentially rewarding, more there is the chance to lose heavily.
I thin we need to accept this as a fact.

Bakukang

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:26:16 PM

This depends on the road you want to travel to.If you want the risky road.Are you courageous enough to risk everything in order to gain something?Or the patient one.Chooses everything that is good and manages everything so that there will be no problem at all.

huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:11:26 PM

Currency risk, commonly referred to as exchange-rate risk, arises from the change in price of one currency in relation to another. Investors or companies that have assets or business operations across national borders are exposed to currency risk that may create unpredictable profits and losses.

Indeed it is unpredictable as much as currency use to rise and fall in our area, bitcoin does not have fix ratting either you are using it for national or international purposes. Bitcoin is using for investment in a lot of huge and well known companies now but no one ever said that they had lose because of bitcoin, it is true bitcoin has high value price so it is not bad to take risk as even human life is not risk free now so invest no matter how much risk there is.
bib24

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:30:57 PM

I agree on everyone, risk are everywhere. Safety principle can be applied to this, knowing the risk means you have a chance to come up with preventive measure ahead of time to lessen the probability of occurrence. There are lots of investment risk, this is the reason why we need to be smart, plan carefully before making decisions.

fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:28:24 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 11:17:25 AM by fanbeila

Its true that security is the must rather than taking risks.I would say that calculated risk is much better than blind risks.In the investment field, higher the risks, higher the chance of getting more profits.

Till now,bitcoin has not disappointed any of investors at any time.In fact,it has given more profits to its investors.Any one who complains that bitcoin has given them a loss probably would be newbies who would have sold their bitcoins at lower price in panic.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Elsie123

Activity: 107

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:44:53 AM

*Writt
en by Linda Leaney — Globcoin CFO

Even if the crypto risk is compared to the physical world in a metaphorical way the risk of your bankroll isn't the same as the risk for your life. A market is a risky game and anyone that is entering the market should have the prior knowledge before even trying to invest or to start their trades. Those that are ignorant and those that are neglecting the possible risk should be left alone to suffer from their own mistakes and maybe then they would learn what threat can crypto market truly bring to the bankroll of the holder.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: