Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:25:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 50 Cent accidentally make $8 million with Bitcoin, also help DeepOnion promotion  (Read 556 times)
Noelnada (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:35:15 PM
Merited by CryptoVokain (1)

In 2014, 50 Cent accepted payment in Bitcoin for his album Animal Ambition. He just discovered his accumulated Bitcoin stash which was worthing $400,000 back then is now worth $8 million. He declared on Instagram and Twitter : “Not bad for a kid from South Side, I’m so proud of me.” and later commented on his post: “Ima keep it real, I forgot I did that shit lol.” It's rather hillarious and reminds me somehow the (very different) story of Julian Assange which expressed gratitude to the US and UK for forcing him to accept bitcoin as a payment, making him a millionaire.

I find it even more pleasant to see that the story published on The Verge is mentioning that "50 Cent would like the coin DeepOnion because it used to be valued at fifty cents. " and surprised to see this story got rewritten in dozen of different languages accross the globe, every single one of them mentioning DeepOnion  Cool

Here is the original story :

Link

Thread from the DeepOnion forum listing the different languages version :

Link

Thank you 50 Cent and The Verge for your support !!

DeepOnion will not disappoint you, come and join the party  Cheesy

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bob-Bit

Activity: 241
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:44:20 PM

That's so cool. An accidental investment. After all this time, he's probably alot better with money now that he's had some practice. He'll probably be set for life. Now he's going to invest in Deeponion, so he won't have to sell his position off. What a great story!

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅✈✈✈ (https://privcy.eu/)
DU3O

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:46:33 PM

Looks like I need to the same thing Cheesy
I will sack a lot of onions today, leave & forget.
Then check again after 2-3 years.
Boom! Instant Millionaire baby! Cheesy Shocked Cheesy
chrisfatos

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

DIW - Decentralized Security

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:49:41 PM

Heh, funny story.
Lucky he accepted it then.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pantoflascrypt017

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:51:42 PM

Haha wow, who would have thought that .50 Cent making it big with Bitcoin would result in DeepOnion get some quality press time on the side. I have seen Monero made some deals at the end of last year with a few big name artists to accept payment in XMR for their singles but .50 Cent going to DeepOnion would beat that out the park. Everything to do with Cryptocurrency is hot right now and especially privacy coins, i am sure Big .50 has got a nice new Iphone with all that bitcoin which he can store his Onions on. Another win for Cryptocurrencies!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Idenlyza

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:52:17 PM

It's true that the rich just keep on getting richer. Even without trying in this case.
skelethon

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:54:33 PM

Haha wow, who would have thought that .50 Cent making it big with Bitcoin would result in DeepOnion get some quality press time on the side. I have seen Monero made some deals at the end of last year with a few big name artists to accept payment in XMR for their singles but .50 Cent going to DeepOnion would beat that out the park. Everything to do with Cryptocurrency is hot right now and especially privacy coins, i am sure Big .50 has got a nice new Iphone with all that bitcoin which he can store his Onions on. Another win for Cryptocurrencies!

Yeah coz he couldn't have afforded that iphone otherwise. Grin

But it'd be interesting to see more and more artists accepting cryptos as a currency to buy their album.
wanderloy

Activity: 182

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:59:18 PM

He's a very lucky kid.
This generation, if we don't adapt the latest technology that seems no value on that current time but seeing the future that we gonna need this will eventually give us massive rewards in the future.
This kid didn't seem to be interested in Bitcoin that time but he just let go of his important stuff and let accept Bitcoin as a reward or token.
Now, he's one of the multi millionaire of Bitcoin today.

CryptoVokain

Activity: 294
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:00:10 PM

Well 50 cent price is a history for BTC and tbh its far history for DeepOnion too... the latest TOR upgrade made DeepOnion stand out from the crowd, mobile wallets launching soon, votecentral, deepsend, smartcontracts.... just so much stuff to do. DEV working hard and new ones being recruited all the time.
DeepOnion is the new powerhouse of privacy coins. I've bought some for 70 cents so not 50 but I'm buying still even at 10 USD, with limited coin supply and such a low market cap not even sky is the limit....

kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:08:02 PM

Reminds me of the story with the guy who bought 2 pizza's for 10,000 BTC and today they are worth god knows what  Grin  But hey, well done to 50Cent for not rejecting Payment of BTC back then.
He probably had a very good advisory team  that recommended he accept that form of payment because they say higher potential for BTC.
The truth is, people have bough BTC back then 2009-2014 and forgotten about BTC altogether and now after so many years, they see the hype happening and they notice they are millionaires. I've heard this so many times.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:10:40 PM

50cent is so lucky to forget about his bitcoin since 2014, but still remember his secret key. He took the risk to accept bitcoin and he is rewarded now.
Rashid pk

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:10:49 PM

The DeepOnion is Privacy coin that is %100 Anonymous and secure to use. The DeepOnion wallet is very easy to use and the transaction speeds are very fast and fees are low. This cryptocurrency has potential, it is the new bitcoin opportunity. Everybody needs to discover and start holding.
Privacy, anonymity, DeepVault, DeepSend, Community, etc!
CryptoVokain

Activity: 294
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:11:42 PM

Reminds me of the story with the guy who bought 2 pizza's for 10,000 BTC and today they are worth god knows what  Grin  But hey, well done to 50Cent for not rejecting Payment of BTC back then.
He probably had a very good advisory team  that recommended he accept that form of payment because they say higher potential for BTC.
The truth is, people have bough BTC back then 2009-2014 and forgotten about BTC altogether and now after so many years, they see the hype happening and they notice they are millionaires. I've heard this so many times.

I thought he bought more then 2 pizzas.. I found the thread the other day and it looked like he had loads of BTC so I dont think he is crying now Cheesy billion here.. billion there... Cheesy
duchaitp

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:12:10 PM

I wish a lucky day came to me like in this story. At that time, I will help my family more than today.
Pantoflascrypt017

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:15:07 PM

Its like that ten pounds you left in your pocket and it stayed in there for years until you wore that clothing again and this time the tenner turned into a £100... except this time you have an old computer with 10bitcoins on there and suddenly found out woah i'm kind of rich right now, just remember not to throw it into the landfill Cheesy

A later Instagram post showed bitcoin imagery with the caption “all moneys is good money over here.” 50 himself said that all money is good money, what will he sell his album for next?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
cola-jere

Activity: 665
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:15:31 PM

50 Cent probably didn't care about bitcoins before and just did it for the heck of it. Now that bitcoin price appreciated 20x, now he cares about them  Cool
It would be cool if he would promote DeepOnion!
Pantoflascrypt017

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:18:28 PM

I thought he bought more then 2 pizzas.. I found the thread the other day and it looked like he had loads of BTC so I dont think he is crying now Cheesy billion here.. billion there... Cheesy

I wonder if Papa Johns kept the bitcoins that they received from that transaction. Dominos got lucky too, 19 bitcoins for a gift card! ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5uoEqb3VaQ

enzo17

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:41:46 PM

Lucky man, If I've known about bitcoin back then I might do the same thing. I'm thinking of accepting onions for payments from now on.  Cheesy

smajler

Activity: 125
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:44:23 PM

50cent with or without BTC, he is a millionaire anyway but if he would like to be a billionaire he must put his savings in BTC into DeepOnion. Probably he did not do it yet because he did not hear about the Deeponion project based on Tor network yet but thanks to such topics it can contribute to this and in a year or two he can check his account and be positively surprised. In a short time the price will go up and there will be more noise around DeepOnion because developments soon launch DeepSend and mobile wallets for IOS and ANDROID.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   Own ONION   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    Highly Secure & TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary •  SegWit Wallet Released  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
chaosfourever

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:47:20 PM

That is pretty great. And good mention for Deeponion. Not only was it 50 cents, but it is an amazing coin and will be huge. Hell it only seems to go up. Hope people are smart enough to buy in now while the market cap is still low.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███