Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:50:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Altcoin?  (Read 337 times)
enjotan

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:32:52 AM

I'm a newbie here. I don't have any idea what altcoin is. Please help me to know about it. Thank you.

altcoin is a collection of crypto quantities. maybe the members here have first explained it. if you are really a beginner, you should take the time to find lots of reading in this forum. there is a lot of knowledge you can get and learn for your understanding and knowledge.
ejswift

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:43:59 AM

What do you think,  Is the Etherum still an altcoin?
If we consider the situation today.
I think the etherium is also the main coin
i think etherium is not altcoin its crypto like bitcoin but im not sure if thats true so lets find out what is the truth

Harry_no1

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:43:00 AM

The word “altcoin” is an abbreviation of “Bitcoin alternative,” and thus describes every single cryptocurrency except for Bitcoin. Altcoins are referred to as Bitcoin alternatives because, at least to some extent, most altcoins hope to either replace or improve upon at least one Bitcoin component.  Smiley Smiley
Morjana17

Activity: 364

Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:50:06 AM

I'm a newbie here. I don't have any idea what altcoin is. Please help me to know about it. Thank you.

Welcome to this new world, and congrats that you are here.

An Altcoin is nothing but any other coin like Bitcoin. There are many Altcoins present in the market now like Etherum, EDOGE, etc. Many new Altcoins are being getting introduced very fastly so you should very careful about which one to buy.

To other people Altcoin is just an ordinary coin which has exact opposit amount, yes that is true to all but Altcoin is very usefull and some people use this as their transaction into third party. We all knew that there are different equivalent in specific amount that you are goin to receive.

╭═══════════════════   A L F A ─ E N Z O   ═══════════════════╮
│   \▼/"Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem\▼/  │
╰════════════ FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM ══════════════╯
Daeshim

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:53:32 AM

As a rule, some of them are based on their own blockchain (waves), and some of them are based on other cryptocurrencies blockchains, for example OMG based on erc-20 standart ethereum blockchain
roservelt99

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:00:42 AM

yes, probably a good advice is to invest a little in DeepOnion.
There is a great community behind it and privacy will be a key element for TOP privacy coins in 2018 (and even after)
SammySha

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:06:18 AM

Altcoins are cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin,the term altcoin comes from the word alternative to bitcoin which clearly explain what it is,altcoin is any cryptocurrency none other than Bitcoin
putrii

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:18:24 AM

altcoin is an alternative coin that will make your assets or bitcoin a lot but there are some fake altcoins and you should be careful with such altcoin models and altcoin will make you rich.
cryptoSchultz18

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 11:30:43 AM

I see that everything has been well explained so far!  Roll Eyes I would just add, that the newbies usually start with the altcoins, because they are easier to collect and store. Some of them are low-priced now but have great capacity to grow!   Wink Take your time do some thorough research on the best 5 altcoins of 2018!
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:01:50 PM

Altcoin is an abbreviation of “Bitcoin alternative”(Cryptocurrency Alternatives to Bitcoin).The altcoins One of the most popular altcoin is Litecoin.I think Litecoin is more stable than Bitcoin.Altcoins deals more income relatively than Bitcoin Wink
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 12:17:00 PM

Altcoins is an alternative coin that was created as an alternative to bitcoin. if you do not have much capital to buy bitcoin, you can buy alternative coin (altcoin). lots of altcoin that you can choose for investment or trading. example etherum, ripple, doge, dash and many more. and of course the altcoin price is cheaper than bitcoin.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:26:23 PM

First it was Bitcoin in which the first digital currency that created then after the success of Bitcoin many businessman try to follow the path of Bitcoin and created their own coins in which are now called alternative coins or altcoin in short. That any coin other than Bitcoin will be called altcoins in which the most famous altcoin is Ethereum.
Lyne01

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:31:50 PM

Altcoins means alternative coins. The first coins we have in the cryptoworld is bitcoin. After bitcoin, all coins created are called altcoins. These coins have lower value or price than bitcoin. Some altcoins arent stay or listed in all exchanges because they disappear because they arent indemand as that of others. Altcoins also are being used as payment in most bounties we have here. The main goal of having altcoin is to exchange or trade them in bitcoin, a globally accepted coin.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
lelylely

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:34:09 PM

Altcoin is a cryptocurrency can be called a token other than bitcoin. The term Altcoin was created from the beginning when there were only a few coins made of bitcoin cloning.

armutkafa

Activity: 99

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:38:57 PM

Well alt coins are the products of new projects which are trying bring solutions to problems of crypto world or innovative enterprises. They are meant to have a use in real life as well .

kiemponxs

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:49:16 PM

altcoin is a collection of different tokens. you should start with a lot of reading in this forum, it would be better if you always try to learn knowledge about crypto or bitcoin.

Fluffinfinity

Activity: 158

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:56:30 PM

Basically, altcoin is a cryptocurrency that we're trying to work for. Since you are already a member of our society here in bitcoin, it is better for you to read threads with regards to those things that are so complex for you to understand. But that is just for now that you are a newbie. They are much reliable since those threads are made specially by those big time masters here in bitcoin. With that, they can share and impart their knowledge for you, for us all so that we can all work together with harmony and with unity. Looking forward that we can all succeed with our own little ways in struggling our journey to have a better and brighter future.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
chimcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:58:46 PM

Yes! As the name implies, "Altcoin" is a combination of two words: "alt" and "coin"; alt is short for alternative and coin signifies currency. Thus together they imply a category of cryptocurrency that is alternative to the digital currency Bitcoin. After the success story of Bitcoin, many other peer-to-peer digital currencies have emerged in an attempt to imitate that success. Or simply put, Altcoins are the alternative cryptocurrencies launched after the success of Bitcoin. Generally, they project themselves as better substitutes to Bitcoin. The success of Bitcoin as the first peer-to-peer digital currency paved the way for many to follow

globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:05:44 PM

In a simple word, Alt = Alternative;  -coin = Coin. Join both words you have Altcoin which when written in full means Alternative Coins. Alternative because there is already a major coin in existence before those coins were created and that major coin is Bitcoin. Therefore, any coin in the cryptospace other than Bitcoin is called Altcoin. Such coins include Ether, Ripple, Bitcoin cash, etc.
Dakshkapoor

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 01:05:52 PM

These altcoins re the alternative coins which is being produced as the substitute of Bitcoin. These are the decentralised virtual crypto currencies which is widely used nowadays. These coins are beneficial for long term investments and can generate huge profits.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: