Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:57:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto ATM - Would you use them?  (Read 572 times)
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:02:05 AM

it depends how much fee if we cash out the money with this ATM, if the fee just as same as we transfer bitcoin to a different wallet, i would not use it.
better we sell it first to fiat and then we cash out in paypal or others
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:06:58 AM

Lately, I have been seeing many crypto ATM that converts cash into crypto. I am having a tough time understanding the logic behind such machines. I mean, why wouldn't I just go to an exchange and buy crypto? I see no added benefit other than the rather high fees being charged.

Would like to know if any of you have used such an ATM? If so, why?

If you have never used such an ATM, under what circumstances would you consider using it?

If this ATM requires only your wallet address then it is a good idea because it anonymity remains for the purpose of cryptocurrency. If you want to exchange your fiat to cryptocurrency using ATM and just insert the cash in the machine then good. But if it requires personal information and cards be produced to use ATM, then thank you, I better use crypto exchange than using ATM which debanks my privacy.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
lazanas

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:30:58 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 10:49:23 AM by lazanas

Bitcoin ATM fees are incredibly high. I have seen prices ranging from 10 to 30%!! Angry (at least where I checked) The only thing they are good for is anonymity. Owners of those ATM machines makes huge profit. Stay away from them.
EDIT: check out this BTC ATM map – https://coinatmradar.com/ if you are going to use one, be very careful and check the fees!
Mr. Thang

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:33:51 AM

Lately, I have been seeing many crypto ATM that converts cash into crypto. I am having a tough time understanding the logic behind such machines. I mean, why wouldn't I just go to an exchange and buy crypto? I see no added benefit other than the rather high fees being charged.

If you have never used such an ATM, under what circumstances would you consider using it?

Have you checked the exchange rate and the transaction fees for crypto ATM's? If they would offer faster transaction with lesser fees then I think it is just logical to use them instead of exchanges. Plus the fact that crypto ATM's offers convenience in getting fiat money. So with every angle considered I think crypto ATM's would be better than the traditional exchanges.

ATMs will give you convenience if you are in a hurry and would need to cash out some bitcoins. Also, if ATMs were made available in numerous locations, I think this would allow users to easily use their bitcoins at any time that they want. If I am a frequent user of bitcoins and would want to cash out daily or regularly, then I would be in favor of crypto ATMs and would always use it if it is fast and has low transaction fees.

Drogean

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

"The future of advertisement intelligence"

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:38:00 AM

I find this great benefit to have at least one near my home. This doesn't mean that I would use it every time because of high fees, but have such a possibility for special moment - that is awesome!  And I think the more ATM will appear in the future the lower would be the fees.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀ ● ◯ SaTT - The Revolution of Advertising Transactions ◯ ● ▀▀▀▀▀█▄
●███    Website | Ann Thread | Whitepaper | Facebook | Twitter | Telegram    ███●
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   PRE-SALE COMPLETED IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS!   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Visin

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:40:58 AM

it depends how much fee if we cash out the money with this ATM, if the fee just as same as we transfer bitcoin to a different wallet, i would not use it.
Using this and other Bitcoin atm's have been found to be more rewarding to use compared to doing it through a coin broker.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:56:57 AM

Using this and other Bitcoin atm's have been found to be more rewarding to use compared to doing it through a coin broker.
Fees are important, but I will try ATM when I see one. There are two in my country but far away from my city, when I go there or someone install bitcoin ATM in my town I will try to buy some bitcoins just to see how it works. People around ask me a lot about buying bitcoins, and I always say that its possible to buy it on ATM but I didn't try it and I can share with them my experience.
I will definitely try it, its all about process and I will do it when I have a chance for that with some money, how much I have in pocket, I heard how much is minimum for ATM's in that city and I will have it for sure. Maybe I with have luck and see some ATM in my town soon.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:25:11 PM

Bloodyhell. I have seen one and almost tried to use it. Good thing that two days before I planned on using it, my friend already tried it, and man oh man, yhe fees he has payed are jaw dropping! They are extremely high and not fair! I would rather go through the hassle on going to exchanges and wait patiently than to use these type of ATMs. Of course except for emergencies but other than that, no thanks. A little effort for evading that much tax is nothing. Just sayin'..
taufik0911

Activity: 1274
Merit: 104

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 05:08:30 PM

Fees are important, but I will try ATM when I see one. There are two in my country but far away from my city, when I go there or someone install bitcoin ATM in my town I will try to buy some bitcoins just to see how it works. People around ask me a lot about buying bitcoins, and I always say that its possible to buy it on ATM but I didn't try it and I can share with them my experience.
I will definitely try it, its all about process and I will do it when I have a chance for that with some money, how much I have in pocket, I heard how much is minimum for ATM's in that city and I will have it for sure. Maybe I with have luck and see some ATM in my town soon.
I will do it too, try ATM, give a review to everyone and I agree the fee is very important, if we do transaction at atm with exchange directly Fiat to Crypto and Crypto to Fiat the main problem is transaction cost especially for bitcoin which is occupied the first level cryptocurrency with the largest fee

nick_nick

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:15:50 PM

I haven't seen crypto ATM myself but if there should be one; it would possibly be a great step in the crypto world. It would probably facilitate quicker and easy transactions and also attract many people to trade in cryptos
gakadem

Activity: 168
Merit: 106

No success in a short time

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:41:12 PM

I haven't seen crypto ATM myself but if there should be one; it would possibly be a great step in the crypto world. It would probably facilitate quicker and easy transactions and also attract many people to trade in cryptos
in my country there has been an ATM for bitcoin, and it can be used to withdraw cash directly.
and this is the ATM location address along with the specification of the bitcoin ATM machine:
1. Jakarta
Address:
LTC-Glodok
Ground Floor 1
Block B2 no 2
Jakarta, Indonesia
Open hours:
Mon-Fri: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Sat: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Direction: Fiat ⇄ Crypto
Supported coins:
Fees: 0.9% from BTC-e
Limits: Rp 3 million
ATM Type: BitXatm

2. Kuta, Bali
Address:
Legian Kaja Street, No. 455
Kuta, Bali
Indonesia
Open hours:
Mon-Sat: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Direction: Fiat → Crypto
Supported coins:
Fees: Bitcoin.co.id + 3%
Limits: 1 BTC per transaction
ATM Type: Lamassu

3. Ubud
Address:
Jalan Monkey Forest 88X, Ubud
Gianyar
Bali 80571, Indonesia
Supported coins:

Ashleybarnes2

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:45:41 PM

I'm not sure I would at the moment. Any good crypto is increasing in value at the moment so it would be silly
otandelapaz

Activity: 518
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:50:17 PM

Yes I would use them, As long as I know that it is 100% safe and the fees are at minimum. And I will only use them if I want my cryptos converted into fiat.
I think it's not advisable to use them for trading. I mean you need to check the environment first before trading right. Do you want to be standing there for hours just to trade. Cheesy
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:52:46 PM

Yes as long as I wasn't forced to dribble my sperm into the KYC slot and the fees and spread weren't too much worse than what I could achieve online. If they're not then there's absolutely no reason to use one.

I'd also be interested in one I could sell to as well. They seem rather thinner on the ground but if you're caught short a widespread network of two way ATMs would be massively useful.
Alex789

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:30:11 PM

quite frankly maybe i will try it moreover this is something new and can be useful for myself personally Grin
renggileh

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:17:19 PM

in my country there has been an ATM for bitcoin, and it can be used to withdraw cash directly.
and this is the ATM location address along with the specification of the bitcoin ATM machine:
1. Jakarta
Address:
LTC-Glodok
Ground Floor 1
Block B2 no 2
Jakarta, Indonesia
Open hours:
Mon-Fri: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Sat: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Direction: Fiat ⇄ Crypto
Supported coins:
Fees: 0.9% from BTC-e
Limits: Rp 3 million
ATM Type: BitXatm

2. Kuta, Bali
Address:
Legian Kaja Street, No. 455
Kuta, Bali
Indonesia
Open hours:
Mon-Sat: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Supported coins:

3. Ubud
Address:
Jalan Monkey Forest 88X, Ubud
Gianyar
Bali 80571, Indonesia
Supported coins:
I just found out that bitcoin ATM also has a withdrawal limit. and that's the same as ATM for paper money.
I am very curious about it, I will try it later if for example I'm on vacation to your country.  Grin Cheesy
Bounty_Hunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:19:41 PM

It seems to me that such crypto ATM is used by beginners who do not know other ways to buy cryptocurrencies.
rehydrogenated

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:21:09 PM

I would love to install a crypto atm in the building my company just bought. It used to be a bank and already has nice security. If I could make even a small comission on the fees I am sure it would make me tons of easy money. I know in my trashy part of town though someone would try to steal it, even if it only accepted debit cards and had no cash inside. I can already see some idiot smashing his car through the glass doors and trying to make off with some 'bitcoins'
Kahoy01

Activity: 481

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:52:24 PM

It is a nice idea to have cryptocurrency ATMs which were placed strategically. They would provide more convenience and most of all, a more faster transaction pace which is one of the disadvantages of bitcoin and it is a very slow transaction process. Not only would it provide the such but it could also invite potential users and customers by thinking that if bitcoin is this automated then it must be safe and secured. These are my thoughts guys.

cardoyasilad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:05:07 PM

I've used bitcoin ATM and i can say it's intant to buy or sell your bitcoin tha advantage of this ATM are you don't have to create your account and less hassle.

Sr. Member / Hero Member / Legendary:

dClinic.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
. A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain .
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk | Reddit

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: