Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:18:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 📌How to invest in ICO more safely? Checklist📌  (Read 1452 times)
Mohamme

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:26:48 PM

Indeed, this is a useful post for beginners, because most beginners don't know what ICO is.
They only know that ICO can make a profit, so this post can help them understand ICO, better choose ICO and guarantee the security of their tokens.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ranyar (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

Be kind to each other

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:34:32 PM

Indeed, this is a useful post for beginners, because most beginners don't know what ICO is.
They only know that ICO can make a profit, so this post can help them understand ICO, better choose ICO and guarantee the security of their tokens.

I think that my list of analytical factors for the evaluation of ICO is useful not only for beginners, but also for investors with certain experience.
The checklist is useful at least in the fact that many non-obvious things are collected in one place, and each item came with experience.
Mohamme

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:39:27 PM

I think that my list of analytical factors for the evaluation of ICO is useful not only for beginners, but also for investors with certain experience.
The checklist is useful at least in the fact that many non-obvious things are collected in one place, and each item came with experience.
Yes, as you said, it's a good post.
I think you should be able to popularize the erc20 wallet and various wallet formats, because many new players will always transfer tokens from the exchange to the wrong address.

Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:37:18 PM

Yes, as you said, it's a good post.
I think you should be able to popularize the erc20 wallet and various wallet formats, because many new players will always transfer tokens from the exchange to the wrong address.

This is a valuable comment, thank you.
In spite of the fact that in the rules of many ICO it is written that it is impossible to send the air directly from stock exchanges, people still continue to do this and remain with nothing. Perhaps, I will add this remark to the next edition of my check-list.
btcbringer

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:40:11 PM

thanks for sharing, but i think the main problem at present is that good projects are all sold to the institutions, its hard for retail investors to participate in
DIWtokencr

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:48:13 PM

The Checklist is very thorough and indeed helpful especially for one that is new to the cryptoworld and looking to invest in ICOs.
The checklist must be taken seriously if you invest in any ICO and be successful in investments.
Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:52:14 PM

The Checklist is very thorough and indeed helpful especially for one that is new to the cryptoworld and looking to invest in ICOs.
The checklist must be taken seriously if you invest in any ICO and be successful in investments.

Thank you! What do you think that I should add to this list in the next iteration when I again sit down for several hours to edit and add it?
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:15:04 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 03:39:14 PM by Murloc

Thanks for you thread mate. It is a great idea to gather all that usefull tips in one place. I'm sure that such thread deserve to pinned. It will help newbs to save their money and will help the community to get rid of low quality / scam ICOs.
📌Operating system. To store crypto currency on desktop wallets, it is more reasonable and safer to use Linux operating systems, Ubuntu for example;
Can you pls explain me the point about Linux and why Windows is bad? It seems to be obvious because everyone  talk about it but I still haven't seen an explanation of that point and I don't know much about cubersecurity.
P.S. It may also seem obvious but I wou;d suggest to add a point about checking the  sources about the ICOs. For example to check if the team is real, find their Linkedin profiles and check for references. Also it is always good to check their twitter for fake followers.

Bananiheller

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:20:44 PM

Thanks for you thread mate. It is a great idea to gather all that usefull tips in one place. I'm sure that such thread deserve to pinned. It will help newbs to save their money and will help the community to get rid of low quality / scam ICOs.
📌Operating system. To store crypto currency on desktop wallets, it is more reasonable and safer to use Linux operating systems, Ubuntu for example;
Can you pls explain me the point about Linux and why Windows is bad? It seems to be obvious because everyone  talk about it but I still haven't seen an explanation of that point and I don't know much about cubersecurity.
P.S. It may also seem obvious but I wou;d suggest to add a point about checking the  sources about the ICOs. For example to check if the team is real, find their Linkedin profiles and check for references. Also it is always good to check their twitter for fake followers.
I am also interested in this question. Many times I have heard this advice. Linux is difficult to learn. For this reason, most people use Windows when dealing with cryptocurrencies. If someone to explain in detail why this is so, I also think about changing the operating system.
eosfaucet.com

Activity: 153

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:20:54 PM

we cover news around ICO's everyday on our telegram channel:

https://t.me/globalblockchainnews

be sure to check it out
bandar

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 06:30:32 PM
Merited by Ranyar (1)

+ check the linkedins of the team.  Do they have any relevant experience prior to their ICO/crypto-time?  Who are they? 
+ Lots of marketing isn't a good thing.  ICO's that 'moon' the hardest are often the ones with good ideas flying relatively under the radar.
+ If a pre-ico is hyped too much, it probably won't be the best ico...
Igorgnome

Power to gnomes!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:02:17 AM

I am also interested in this question. Many times I have heard this advice. Linux is difficult to learn. For this reason, most people use Windows when dealing with cryptocurrencies. If someone to explain in detail why this is so, I also think about changing the operating system.
If you installing Windows need to download/buy a program to protect against viruses to keep your computer safe from hackers and malware. Linux has built-in security system. So I think it is not necessary to switch to Linux, you can just buy a good virus scan for Windows.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
VelVenueva

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:06:55 AM

For me, before to invest anything in ICO, I first do those things:
- check ICO idea;
- Is the Idea inovative and will it change something in the world;
- when the project will end (end day)
- who are in the team? Are they experts from different areas?

Probably for me, the last question is the most important, because if there are experts from different areas they will handle more eassily new unexpected thing when they occur durring the project.

warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:09:18 AM

First of all check ICO team its simply easy. If there is fakes then project scam.
You can contact with him and ask about project something

ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:29:06 AM

try to buy only major coins and be aware of holding your coins-tokens at exchange. Buy a hardware wallet and forget your investments for years.
Enjoy your day time job and spend your time with your family.
Come back after few years and enjoy your earnings this is the safiest way to get profit in crypto
Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:16:03 AM

+ check the linkedins of the team.  Do they have any relevant experience prior to their ICO/crypto-time?  Who are they? 
+ Lots of marketing isn't a good thing.  ICO's that 'moon' the hardest are often the ones with good ideas flying relatively under the radar.
+ If a pre-ico is hyped too much, it probably won't be the best ico...

I fully agree with every point about which you are speaking. I think I'll add these items to my checklist when I edit it next time. Thank you.
Igorgnome

Power to gnomes!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:39:32 AM

I can add 1 tip from this forum. Recommend to look for the information about the team and its participants in social networks. Skam projects tend not to show the real personality.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Don Stefanello

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:52:10 AM

Thank you very much for this post sir, it is very helpfull!
Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:05:20 PM

I can add 1 tip from this forum. Recommend to look for the information about the team and its participants in social networks. Skam projects tend not to show the real personality.

I will say more about the research of team profiles in social networks.
Be sure to look at the date of registration of the account - if it is later Ethereum ICO then this is an occasion to reflect. Some fraudulent teams create false profiles in the social networks to deceive investors. If the date of registration is earlier than the Ethereum ICO - then the chance to stumble upon a normal team increases. Why? Because ETH was the first ICO and before that people did not know that it was possible to attract investments in this way and create false accounts for this.
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:23:57 PM

Very good topic bro, this topic is helpful for everybody. I want to give Merit for you but sory i don't have Merit's now to give you. Sad
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: