Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:15:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 📌How to invest in ICO more safely? Checklist📌  (Read 1452 times)
Tuareg33rus

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:47:23 AM

Thanks, dude!
You're right, I wrote my article first. Moreover, I originally wrote a Russian version of this article, you can find it here and read it in your native language https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2822403.0
Thats nice! Never seen Your article in Russian local branch before, anyway thank You one more time. I'd better go to Russian thread.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[ ❍  X A T R A  ❍ ]▬▬▬▬▬▬
【 The New Crypto Currency Revolution 】

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ranyar (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

Be kind to each other

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:39:45 PM

There are no safe investments. Safe only for knowledge-rich people.

I think that there is no completely safe investment. Is that investment in real estate can be quite safe.
But in real estate low annual income. If you are going to invest in ICO - then better be ready for a certain risk. To reduce the risk - you need a lot of time to analyze projects.
I agree with you. But the big risk you get is big when you first enter the crypto market. I dream of waking up in the morning. Your account is 10 times or even 100 times. But not easy. ico is too attractive. But without knowledge, you will become blank after only 1 night. Knowledge is everything. Knowledge gives us everything. Smiley)

In addition to good knowledge of cryptocurrencies, strong nerves will be useful. You can be a cheerful emotional person when you communicate with friends. But when you invest in ICO and cryptocurrencies - you need to maintain an icy calm and do not succumb to emotions. At first it was quite difficult and even now I can not always cope with myself. Calm and HODL - that's what often increases wealth.
QreNZi

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Action without a vision is a NIGHTMARE !

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 10:11:55 PM

This is very helpful, thank you very much!

Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:20:42 PM

This is very helpful, thank you very much!
Very helpful, Thanks.

Thank you for reading, friends! Have you any questions about my article or you can share some advices about ICO investing with our community?
Blas

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:20:50 PM

The article is great. I am reading and realize that I know much of the stuff, but can never explain it this way. Great job, wonderful advice.
political1907

Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:42:21 PM

Thank you for sharing this information with us. I think that anyone who wants to invest in ICOs should be able to read. Especially those that are new.

Koios AI

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 11:49:20 PM

Great checklist!
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:54:42 PM

wow this is a really helpful explanation for the investors, thanks for that, I think this thread deserves an additional merit because this is really very helpful, but for a good ICO I judge the current project is daneel.io, ICO will started in january 29, I think daneel is a good project, what do you think? if you think this is good, i suggest you also join in it
www.danee.io

Yes, this is good project. Its the first project with that idea based on AI project.
I will suggest you to check the detail of daneel before investing. Above already mention how to check it.

Note : this is deserving more merit but i dont have it. Sorry
Greenw87dpecker

Activity: 152
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:31:26 PM

These points raised are all good to make an informed decision when you decide to invest in an initial coin offering. But I think that it can not be entirely true that it will yield success if all the items mentioned is followed. A well crafted ICO scam can still fulfil all this yet will run away with investors cash. I think you should this INTUITION. Above all have intuition to determine the right from the wrong.
This is absolutely true, and I agree with you. Do not invest in ICO, if you do not like a project, even if the analysis it looks attractive. Very good scammers can do everything as much as possible without suspicion, however, if you take a number of well-known fraudulent ICO you can see that if you analyze the suspicions necessarily visit.

❐ COINECT   ❐ 
█████  AI-based decentralized   █████
arbitrage trading system
Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:25:02 PM

wow this is a really helpful explanation for the investors, thanks for that, I think this thread deserves an additional merit because this is really very helpful, but for a good ICO I judge the current project is daneel.io, ICO will started in january 29, I think daneel is a good project, what do you think? if you think this is good, i suggest you also join in it
www.danee.io

Yes, this is good project. Its the first project with that idea based on AI project.
I will suggest you to check the detail of daneel before investing. Above already mention how to check it.

Note : this is deserving more merit but i dont have it. Sorry

No need to apologize, friend. I would not give up the extra merit points, but simple gratitude for my article means a lot to me.
Thanks for reading! You can tell your friends about this checklist so that in the future they make fewer mistakes in investing.
Gnompork

Activity: 200
Merit: 8

Power to gnomes!

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 03:45:30 PM

These points raised are all good to make an informed decision when you decide to invest in an initial coin offering. But I think that it can not be entirely true that it will yield success if all the items mentioned is followed. A well crafted ICO scam can still fulfil all this yet will run away with investors cash. I think you should this INTUITION. Above all have intuition to determine the right from the wrong.
This is absolutely true, and I agree with you. Do not invest in ICO, if you do not like a project, even if the analysis it looks attractive. Very good scammers can do everything as much as possible without suspicion, however, if you take a number of well-known fraudulent ICO you can see that if you analyze the suspicions necessarily visit.
I saw one such project. I do not remember what it was called. Everything was well decorated and well done. In addition to the main concept. The developers have promised a system for trading environmentally friendly products for vegetarians. It led me to some suspicions. After some time in the news read about them. Gathering the soft cap in place of the site appeared the words "Penis".

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:48:36 PM

I saw one such project. I do not remember what it was called. Everything was well decorated and well done. In addition to the main concept. The developers have promised a system for trading environmentally friendly products for vegetarians. It led me to some suspicions. After some time in the news read about them. Gathering the soft cap in place of the site appeared the words "Penis".

You're right, such situations happen from time to time. Even well-designed projects can be a scam.
I think that this can be avoided only by creating some kind of platform for crowd audit, where the community members together would put ratings for ICO projects.
Hank3

Activity: 458
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:28:08 PM

Wow! It's really great job! Thank you for this explanation. I've never invested in ICOs before - in part because of absence the clear rules in my head. I'll safe this article for future. Of course I'll use it Wink
photo123

Activity: 198

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:03:08 PM

Greetings, friends!
I spent 14 hours to writing and translating this article, and it covers all of my experience, starting in 2013 year. Please forgive me for my bad English. I hope that this article will be useful for each of you, friends.

Today I decided to collect all my experience related to crypto-investment in one article.
There is a lot of information and it is very voluminous, but I will try to present it more abstractly and briefly.
So, the security of crypto investment can be divided into two sections: technical and analytical. Do not neglect any of them. Perhaps for some of you these recommendations will seem obvious, but for sure everyone will find something useful for themselves, especially beginners.

Technical factors - storage and trading - where and how is the best?

📌Wallets. It is reasonable to store crypto-currencies on desktop and hardware wallets (something like Ledger). Sometimes it is not very convenient, but then nobody can "freeze" your savings and they will be controlled only by you. It is not necessary to store crypto-currencies in wallets with centralized control of funds. It is better to use the generally recognized opensource-wallets, which have already earned the trust of the community;

📌Backup. Never forget about backing up your wallet, for example wallet.dat files, pin codes and private keys! Perhaps, it's worth duplicating the backup copy in the cloud storage - but only in an encrypted form;

📌Operating system. To store crypto currency on desktop wallets, it is more reasonable and safer to use Linux operating systems, Ubuntu for example;

📌Passwords. Use complex passwords consisting of at least 8 characters (more characters are preferred), including numbers and letters of different registers. You can come up with a mnemonic rule to not forget such a complicated password. Additional security measures - using the on-screen keyboard to enter a password, as well as two-factor authentication;

📌Exchanges. When trading with crypto currency, try not to store large sums there, and transfer exactly the same amount of funds as you need to conduct a particular transaction, can with a small margin in case of a sharp change in the exchange rate. Why? Because many exchanges are unavailable at the most inopportune moment, and many are completely rapidly closed, while others are periodically the target of hacker attacks. Try not to use the services of centralized illegal exchanges without extreme necessity, especially those that have already proved themselves from the bad side (they were "hacked" or closed for a long period). It is better to use decentralized crypto-exchange exchanges, such as Bitshares and Etherdelta.
Thanks for taking your time to write this piece for a beginner like me and i have save this article for the future welldone
Bananiheller

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:21:06 AM

Thanks to the author for the very useful topic. I want Frum to have more of these topics. Because I'm tired of hundreds of topics where everyone asks a few standard questions like " how to choose an ICO?"or" What ICO to choose?", Or " how do you choose an ICO?". Find useful information in there long.
I have a question.
There are projects where everything is good on all points? Everything I'm trying to analyze is usually far from perfect. Could there have been such projects.
Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:53:45 PM

Thanks to the author for the very useful topic. I want Frum to have more of these topics. Because I'm tired of hundreds of topics where everyone asks a few standard questions like " how to choose an ICO?"or" What ICO to choose?", Or " how do you choose an ICO?". Find useful information in there long.
I have a question.
There are projects where everything is good on all points? Everything I'm trying to analyze is usually far from perfect. Could there have been such projects.

Hello friend! If you see again questions like "how to choose ICO for investment" - please share link to these article with this people. This will largely answer their questions.
Now I answer your question - no, I have not yet seen a project that would completely satisfy absolutely all points of my check list. But this is something to strive for. The more points are observed, the better.
Vinkona

Activity: 61
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:32:40 PM

Thanx for the checklist, probably the best thing to set up a base.
Can you recommend a strategy to check competitors for a project?

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Geuzen_One

Activity: 122
Merit: 11

AMON - Crypto Debit Card for Everyday Purchases

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:13:41 PM

join now  https://marineco.in/ico register and recieve 450000 MTC for freee
The best ICO MarineCoin!
 This coin is no longer Under Valued ..it's Truly Decentralized.
 MTC the  first self-sustaining crypto-currency that works onArtificial Intelligence.
don't miss the chance and register now
for more informations join https://marineco.in

As far as I know, still there is no AI in this world. What do You mean using such abbreviation in this referral post?

Anyway, there is no important info in specified website. No team, no whitepaper, no roadmap finded.

LamontFalkner

Activity: 122

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:43:39 AM

Greetings, friends!
I spent 14 hours to writing and translating this article, and it covers all of my experience, starting in 2013 year. Please forgive me for my bad English. I hope that this article will be useful for each of you, friends.

Today I decided to collect all my experience related to crypto-investment in one article.
There is a lot of information and it is very voluminous, but I will try to present it more abstractly and briefly.
So, the security of crypto investment can be divided into two sections: technical and analytical. Do not neglect any of them. Perhaps for some of you these recommendations will seem obvious, but for sure everyone will find something useful for themselves, especially beginners.

Technical factors - storage and trading - where and how is the best?

📌Wallets. It is reasonable to store crypto-currencies on desktop and hardware wallets (something like Ledger). Sometimes it is not very convenient, but then nobody can "freeze" your savings and they will be controlled only by you. It is not necessary to store crypto-currencies in wallets with centralized control of funds. It is better to use the generally recognized opensource-wallets, which have already earned the trust of the community;

📌Backup. Never forget about backing up your wallet, for example wallet.dat files, pin codes and private keys! Perhaps, it's worth duplicating the backup copy in the cloud storage - but only in an encrypted form;

📌Operating system. To store crypto currency on desktop wallets, it is more reasonable and safer to use Linux operating systems, Ubuntu for example;

📌Passwords. Use complex passwords consisting of at least 8 characters (more characters are preferred), including numbers and letters of different registers. You can come up with a mnemonic rule to not forget such a complicated password. Additional security measures - using the on-screen keyboard to enter a password, as well as two-factor authentication;

📌Exchanges. When trading with crypto currency, try not to store large sums there, and transfer exactly the same amount of funds as you need to conduct a particular transaction, can with a small margin in case of a sharp change in the exchange rate. Why? Because many exchanges are unavailable at the most inopportune moment, and many are completely rapidly closed, while others are periodically the target of hacker attacks. Try not to use the services of centralized illegal exchanges without extreme necessity, especially those that have already proved themselves from the bad side (they were "hacked" or closed for a long period). It is better to use decentralized crypto-exchange exchanges, such as Bitshares and Etherdelta.

thankyou so much for this info and i have saved your thread for the future
royalbittinz

Activity: 382

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:26:46 AM

Wow... Thanks for sharing this wonderful and insightful lecture. I must say, this comes in very handy and helpful. Learn a lot from this and make note of it. NB
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: