Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:19:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 📌How to invest in ICO more safely? Checklist📌  (Read 1452 times)
Ranyar (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

Be kind to each other

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:10:51 PM

Thanx for the checklist, probably the best thing to set up a base.
Can you recommend a strategy to check competitors for a project?

Yeah sure, i have some advices for you. Find information about competitors is quite simple. Usually on the project site there is a brief description of its purpose and the problems it solves. Break this description into several search phrases and google it - most likely you will quickly find several competitors with similar projects. Good luck in your quest! Wink

Wow... Thanks for sharing this wonderful and insightful lecture. I must say, this comes in very handy and helpful. Learn a lot from this and make note of it. NB

Thank your for reading and feedback, friend!
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bananiheller

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:24:58 PM

I have carefully read your checklist. Thank you-very helpful. I haven't seen ICO which correspond to all the above points. Projects that consider the good have a match on most items but not all.  What are the main points and which are additional?
Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:21:20 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 11:15:40 AM by Ranyar

I have carefully read your checklist. Thank you-very helpful. I haven't seen ICO which correspond to all the above points. Projects that consider the good have a match on most items but not all.  What are the main points and which are additional?

Thanks for reading and feedback, friend!

Main and additional points? Mmmm... good question.

In my opinion main points is:

• Does the ICO site use the https protocol?
  • Is there a whitepaper on the site and how detailed is it?
  • How much money does the team plan to collect and why?
  • What problem does the project solve?
  • Does the project have competitors?
  • Are bonuses for early investors on pre-ICO is not too high?
  • Is the maximum amount of funds (Hard Cap) limited?
  • Is the initial price of tokens is not too high?
  • How will the tokens be used in project?
  • Does the project team looks trust?
  • Has the project been financially and technically audited?
  • Does the team have a working prototype of the project?
  • Does the project have a detailed roadmap?

Do you need some examples of really good project? Here is it: BitDegree (BDG), Raiden Network (RDN), Quantstamp (QSP).

All other is additional i think.
BitHerring

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:18:00 PM

I have carefully read your checklist. Thank you-very helpful. I haven't seen ICO which correspond to all the above points. Projects that consider the good have a match on most items but not all.  What are the main points and which are additional?

Do you need some examples of really good project? Here is it: BitDegree (BDG), Raiden Network (RDN), Quantstamp (QSP).

Good post again, guy! I want to send you some "merits" for this post but i have not it. When you collect all feedback and update the main post/article?

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    ⚡ Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments ⚡
░░░░▒▒▒▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████████████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░
Low Fees ✲ ✲ Truly Anonymous TransactionsJoin the discussion thread
Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:16:16 PM

Good post again, guy! I want to send you some "merits" for this post but i have not it. When you collect all feedback and update the main post/article?

Thanks dude! Please tell your friend (newbies mostly) about my article in first posts of this thread - it really can help them. I hope that mods once will pin this thread.

P.S. About "collect feedback and update article" - i think it take something about 1 week.
Stavrido

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 06:17:28 PM

Hi, mr. topicstarter!
I want to know do you are leading some spreadsgeet where you record the results of the analysis of the ICO projects in accordance with checklist from your article?

raahi

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:18:25 PM

It is also important to check the popular opinion about the crypto currency you are investing in. To make that happen you have to check the LinkedIn Twitter and Facebook profiles of the crypto currency and you have to confirm if they really exist the verification of their existence means that it is safer option for investment unlike many of the other cryptocurrencie which are the fraudulent in nature and have a questionable history.
Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:16:12 AM

Hi, mr. topicstarter!
I want to know do you are leading some spreadsgeet where you record the results of the analysis of the ICO projects in accordance with checklist from your article?

No, now I do not make any spreadsheets, because every month I analyze only a few projects. Most of the analyzed projects I immediately discard, so there is no need in the spreadsheet. I have very strict requirements for ICO for investment, and most of today's ICO's simply does not fit and half the points from my check list.

It is also important to check the popular opinion about the crypto currency you are investing in. To make that happen you have to check the LinkedIn Twitter and Facebook profiles of the crypto currency and you have to confirm if they really exist the verification of their existence means that it is safer option for investment unlike many of the other cryptocurrencie which are the fraudulent in nature and have a questionable history.

You are absolutely rigth, my friend. I'll add this to next version of my article.
ulia93

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:48:10 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2018, 11:03:14 AM by ulia93

I often come across questions from acquaintances who do not know how to safely invest their funds and not lose them. Especially considering the recent events with the theft of large sums from users' wallets and when there were a lot of fishing sites, viruses and Trojans that are eager to take your money. Excellent manual! Thanks to the author for the helpful topic.
Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:52:14 AM

I often come across questions from acquaintances who do not know how to safely invest their funds and not lose them. Especially considering the recent events with the theft of large sums from users' wallets and when there were a lot of fishing sites, viruses and Trojans that are eager to take your money. Excellent manual! Thanks to the author for the helpful topic.

Thanks for reading and feedback! now you can show this article to your friends and maybe they will have much less questions) Today, information and knowledge are the key to success.
IcoGuide.com

Activity: 244
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 10:44:06 AM

For safe investment, you should make research during investing, read reviews, look at the rating and compare and than it comes to decision. Anyway, you should not take the risk you are not able to afford.

Betszkie12

Activity: 75

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:52:18 AM

Well this is nice post, it would be very helpful to beginners. I could see the things are so well explained and the most important things to note are given emphasis which newbies like me didn't even really know about. Good work and thanks a lot.
Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:46:52 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2018, 01:21:54 PM by Ranyar

Well this is nice post, it would be very helpful to beginners. I could see the things are so well explained and the most important things to note are given emphasis which newbies like me didn't even really know about. Good work and thanks a lot.

Thank you, friend! You can share this article with you friends)
Tell me please do you have any questions or tips that would be useful to add to my article?
Triss Merigold

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:13:17 PM

What do you think about the projects on bountyhive platform. In particular about the biggest awards for Gymreward and Ishook? I'm hoping to hear from you a detailed answer, because it is not sure of the success of the two companies.

Greenw87dpecker

Activity: 152
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:11:11 PM

I see you are well versed in ICO. I have a question which want to ask you and other more experienced kriptosistem. If the price of tokens falls down after the stock market goes below the pre-sale price, is this an indicator of scam?

❐ COINECT   ❐ 
█████  AI-based decentralized   █████
arbitrage trading system
cryptoaxo

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:39:43 AM

Thank you for investing your time to write about ico investments  Grin
Nisansala

Activity: 384

First LEARN then EARN

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 07:51:29 AM

Greetings, friends!
I spent 14 hours to writing and translating this article, and it covers all of my experience, starting in 2013 year. Please forgive me for my bad English. I hope that this article will be useful for each of you, friends.

Today I decided to collect all my experience related to crypto-investment in one article.
There is a lot of information and it is very voluminous, but I will try to present it more abstractly and briefly.
So, the security of crypto investment can be divided into two sections: technical and analytical. Do not neglect any of them. Perhaps for some of you these recommendations will seem obvious, but for sure everyone will find something useful for themselves, especially beginners.

Technical factors - storage and trading - where and how is the best?

📌Wallets. It is reasonable to store crypto-currencies on desktop and hardware wallets (something like Ledger). Sometimes it is not very convenient, but then nobody can "freeze" your savings and they will be controlled only by you. It is not necessary to store crypto-currencies in wallets with centralized control of funds. It is better to use the generally recognized opensource-wallets, which have already earned the trust of the community;

📌Backup. Never forget about backing up your wallet, for example wallet.dat files, pin codes and private keys! Perhaps, it's worth duplicating the backup copy in the cloud storage - but only in an encrypted form;

📌Operating system. To store crypto currency on desktop wallets, it is more reasonable and safer to use Linux operating systems, Ubuntu for example;

📌Passwords. Use complex passwords consisting of at least 8 characters (more characters are preferred), including numbers and letters of different registers. You can come up with a mnemonic rule to not forget such a complicated password. Additional security measures - using the on-screen keyboard to enter a password, as well as two-factor authentication;

📌Exchanges. When trading with crypto currency, try not to store large sums there, and transfer exactly the same amount of funds as you need to conduct a particular transaction, can with a small margin in case of a sharp change in the exchange rate. Why? Because many exchanges are unavailable at the most inopportune moment, and many are completely rapidly closed, while others are periodically the target of hacker attacks. Try not to use the services of centralized illegal exchanges without extreme necessity, especially those that have already proved themselves from the bad side (they were "hacked" or closed for a long period). It is better to use decentralized crypto-exchange exchanges, such as Bitshares and Etherdelta.

WoW Great Artical. Thanks you very much Sir. This is very helpful for me. I learn lot of thing form this artical.
I also invest so many ICO without Reserching them. Today So many ICO's are Scam.
Thanks again.

DustyNomad

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:28:48 AM

There is new problem appears lately. To find at least one good solid project to invest or participate to bounty campaign.
I'm glad to introduce one of such projects: bitnautic.io international shipping platform.

If You wandering for a reliable investment project or fair bounty campaign please  consider to check out this thread or link above.

Hello world!
freezlisca

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:31:03 AM

thanks for all the good tips, comes in handy as i want to invest in some altcoins. i want to be carefull and not throw my money away because there are good looking projects without a backup!
Step NOY

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:27:48 PM

Icon near the computer to put candles and light:) in General, any investment in the ICO project is a risk, that's just what it is more and in some less.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: