Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:51:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When is a coin too expensive?  (Read 981 times)
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:40:13 PM

The coin is too expensive if you cannot afford to purchase at the current rate. If their project is really promising and worth to invest why not buy. You are in good position to enter the market if their project is continuing to develop.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ritaaa

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:49:06 PM

I think it depends on what people are willing to pay for that currency, the market is governed by investors and traders, if there is a lot of demand and little supply the currency will have a very high value, but if there is a lot of circulation and not so much demand the value will remain low, that's how the free market works.
zhengqi

Activity: 632
Merit: 60

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:59:21 PM

You have to study the coin graph. If its growth has recently been not very sharp, but gradual, then you can buy it. If recently the coin has jumped sharply by a large number of percent, I think it is dangerous to buy it.

miropp

Activity: 810
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:11:08 PM

Expensive whether the price of the coin depends on how long you are going to keep it. If not for long, then look at the coin chart and determine for yourself whether it is expensive at the moment or not. If you want to keep a long time, the price does not matter.

JackdunR

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:12:36 PM

I do not know when a coin becomes more expensive, but I usually wait to sell my coin at a price higher than the buy price. I do not expect too high, when enough profit I will sell
distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 04:27:28 AM

Expensive whether the price of the coin depends on how long you are going to keep it. If not for long, then look at the coin chart and determine for yourself whether it is expensive at the moment or not. If you want to keep a long time, the price does not matter.
the price problem we can't know, whether it will be expensive or it will continue to go down. we all can only make predictions, how long we can hold assets, because not all good tokens we hold for the long term. some tokens can even pump at the beginning of the listing, it means we have to be very clever in analyzing the concepts and plans of the project so that we can know which tokens are good for long-term hold.

starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:00:42 AM

Just to let this off my chest because of posts chastising people who bought coins at x5 or x10 their ICO.

Honestly, no one knows how much is too much.

BTC for example.  Someone paid 10,000 BTC for 2 pizza in 2010...say those 2 pizza was worth $10, that makes BTC at that point worth $0.001

Using this value, is BTC expensive at;

x10 or   $0.01?
     x100 or   $0.10?
  x1,000 or   $1.00?
x10,000 or $10.00?

We all know the answer now but not when people were buying them at that price (ATH).

Who knows how high; ICX, VEN, NEO, XMR will go?  Are people who buy them at ATH stupid?  I don't think so.

If I believe on a coin, I don't care if it just pumped x10, if I think (and yes I could be mistaken) it will go up more I will buy it.  For me, it happened with XMR, NEO, EMC2, VEN, ICX, PRL, WTC etc.  Not all are success stories, I have my fails but all in all...I am way ahead and who knows, one of them might follow the path of BTC or ETH. Wink

RANT over.

If you're in it for the long haul then it wouldn't matter so much as the projects you mention have strong development teams and a reasonable amount of daily use and some offer a dividend or interest for holding them which helps recoup some of your initial investment

However, it's not ideal to buy in when the market is over bought or at ATH's (unless you have options to short in the event of a downtrend) as you won't gain much return in the short to medium term from too pricey a portfolio

FOMO is your worst enemy in this market just wait as everything that goes up will come down again and then you can buy in at good value

krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:40:17 AM

just keep it simple,, for me,, i look at the RSI indicator,, mostly in daily charts
if the RSI on overbought area, this mean the price of a crypto is too expensive my friend

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 08:32:02 AM

Thats what we need to do on our coins,give it a trust whatever value it goes,either to pump or dumo because in cryptocurrency theres no permanent value,everything change from ups to drops.look at bitcoin the only coin that stays in top one from the start.i believe that in future all the legitimate cryptocurrency will have great future,and shitcoins will die
droptableguy2

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 08:34:23 AM

The coin is too expensive if you cannot afford to purchase at the current rate. If their project is really promising and worth to invest why not buy. You are in good position to enter the market if their project is continuing to develop.
To me, to know the coin is too expensive, do not know when, waiting is just hopeless, so now we should find the potential coin, buy them in, and wait for the price to rise in a short time Do not hold long. It will be hard for us to make a profit.

Yamifoud

Activity: 2744
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 10:06:11 AM

Everything goes into unpredictable one,  we came into an endless price fluctuations which could bring into high volatility market trend.
We don't need to see a huge pump and be profitable again,  instead we just accept of what the current market trend we have cause can't definitely do nothing for these.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:13:58 AM

There's a point.

I don't call those people who buy at ATH stupid. They may be experience and just want to ride along with the hype but to the experienced ones, you know where that is heading when the market is on all time high. You really don't buy during that time and its a strategy that we don't want to practice.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 11:39:25 AM

There's a point.

I don't call those people who buy at ATH stupid. They may be experience and just want to ride along with the hype but to the experienced ones, you know where that is heading when the market is on all time high. You really don't buy during that time and its a strategy that we don't want to practice.

That is like buying while the traders are up to dump after the spike. I did it not just once back when I just learned how exchanges works. When I was just new, it always felt good that I already know how these brokers work that even when I am losing it felt like I was involved in the market. This time, I now know when to get in and get out.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

jeanniej4

Activity: 114

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 12:02:43 PM

This is a question that never has the correct answer.
Regardless of x10, x100 or x1000, they are always relevant to the market, and the problem is whoever catches it first wins and maybe that's when the coin is expensive.
I also failed a lot and now I'm a little wiser.
Do not expect to pump too high prices, trade each day and accumulate profits.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 12:03:32 PM

There's a point.

That is like buying while the traders are up to dump after the spike. I did it not just once back when I just learned how exchanges works. When I was just new, it always felt good that I already know how these brokers work that even when I am losing it felt like I was involved in the market. This time, I now know when to get in and get out.
Like I mentioned, it's all about the experience.

I guess most of us came through to that point that panic sold and bought during all time high. Its FOMO and that's normal for beginners so I don't laugh at them nor degrading them. Educating others is good if they are willing to know the possible thing to come but experience is the best teacher.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Kadal Ijo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:11:12 PM

Of course we are really waiting for the price of coins to be expensive, and unfortunately the current market conditions are very bad because most coins and tokens drop more than 75% so I will wait and hope the market will recover soon.

dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:33:56 PM

There's a point.

I guess most of us came through to that point that panic sold and bought during all time high. Its FOMO and that's normal for beginners so I don't laugh at them nor degrading them. Educating others is good if they are willing to know the possible thing to come but experience is the best teacher.
Experience is indeed the best teacher and we wont really reach up to be a professional if we wont able to pass up on this situation.Even myself do commit lots of mistake when im just starting
and now even on this situation i cant still consider myself to be a professional or profitable one but atleast you can still hang on with this very volatile market.

bestcoins1

Activity: 2212
Merit: 721

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:40:08 PM

There's a point.

Experience is indeed the best teacher and we wont really reach up to be a professional if we wont able to pass up on this situation.Even myself do commit lots of mistake when im just starting
and now even on this situation i cant still consider myself to be a professional or profitable one but atleast you can still hang on with this very volatile market.
I learned from the experience of members who are here and until now I can still survive in the worst conditions because patience is very important and that is the key, expertise will be gained in this forum by always reading the experiences of other members we can take the lessons, prices on the market will improve again and be expensive if you can wait patiently.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
MrPiggles

Activity: 980
Merit: 256

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 03:02:44 PM

Of course we are really waiting for the price of coins to be expensive, and unfortunately the current market conditions are very bad because most coins and tokens drop more than 75% so I will wait and hope the market will recover soon.
Everything is falling and the number of investors in the market is very low compared to last year. I think if there is not much news, this market will become more chaotic and people will tend to sell more. All must be stopped to welcome new growth in 2019 as this is a great year for people to invest

▄▄████▄
          ██▀▀  ▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
   ██     ███▄▄▄▄██▀     ██
   ██      ▀▀▀██▀▀       ██
  ▄██                    ██▄
  ██▀       ██████       ▀██
  ██        ██  ██        ██
  ██       ███  ███       ██
 ███       ███  ███       ███
 ███       ███  ███       ███
 ██▀       ███  ███       ▀██
▄██        ████████        ██▄
███                        ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀████████████████████████▀

iBid

Decentralized Auctions
on Blockchain
  ▄██

▀██
██████████████████████████████████
▄ ▄▄
██▄▀██▄
████▄▀▀██▄
██████▄ ▀███▄▄
████████▄ ▀███▀ ▄
██████████▄ ▀ ▄████▄
██████████▀ ▄ ▀███▀▀
████████▀ ▄███▄ ▀
██████▀▄████▀▀
████▀▄███▀
██▀▄█▀▀
  ▀▀
GET IN ON
Google Play
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀
  ▄██

▀██
█████████████████████████████████
          ▄▄█
         ▄██▀
    ▄▄▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████████████
▄██████████████▀
███████████████
███████████████
▀███████████████▄
 ████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████▀
   ▀████▀▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
█████████████████████████████████
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀

About us
Telegram
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
███████████████    ███████████████
█████████████        █████████████
███████████            ███████████
████████████████  ████████████████
██████████              ██████████
██████████  ████  ████  ██████████
█████████    ██    ██    █████████
█████████    ██    ██    █████████

███ SIGN UP ███
██████████▀▀▀▀████████████████████
██████████▄▄    ▀▀▀███████████████
██████████  ▀▀ ▄▄  ▄██████████████
█████████        ▀████████████████
████████▀        █████████████████
██████▀▀▀▄▄     ██     ▀▀▀████████
██████▄     ▀▀▄▄███▄         ▀████
█████████▄▄▄   ███████▄▄       ███
███████████████████████████▄▄▄████
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
███▀             ▀████████████████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████

All auctions start at $0
with no minimum reserve

AN  AUCTION
andrey111

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 06:22:04 PM

If the team is continually researching and developing its never a bad time to get in. The moment you see a pull back or lack of updates is when you should start taking profits (or cutting losses).
That's true it is okay to buy a coin even you late to invest if you already know and confident that project could develop more. But we dont know when a coins would be expensive because the trend is unstable, so invest only that were sure we can earn.
If everyone knew when to buy, and when to sell, everyone would be millionaires. It will not be so, there must be a balance. True, when in 2010 bitcoin cost 2 pizzas, even now after a big fall of 6500. So everything is relative.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: