Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:38:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When is a coin too expensive?  (Read 982 times)
antonhuda

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:14:17 PM

Of course we are really waiting for the price of coins to be expensive, and unfortunately the current market conditions are very bad because most coins and tokens drop more than 75% so I will wait and hope the market will recover soon.
Everything is falling and the number of investors in the market is very low compared to last year. I think if there is not much news, this market will become more chaotic and people will tend to sell more. All must be stopped to welcome new growth in 2019 as this is a great year for people to invest

Indeed the current situation is alarming and must be more patient with a less friendly market. Professional investors will be clever for the current situation, they will be more silent and waiting for good news to take the right opportunity. Many give speculation and better expectations for 2019.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamlds08

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:25:13 PM

Just to let this off my chest because of posts chastising people who bought coins at x5 or x10 their ICO.

Honestly, no one knows how much is too much.

BTC for example.  Someone paid 10,000 BTC for 2 pizza in 2010...say those 2 pizza was worth $10, that makes BTC at that point worth $0.001

Using this value, is BTC expensive at;

x10 or   $0.01?
     x100 or   $0.10?
  x1,000 or   $1.00?
x10,000 or $10.00?

We all know the answer now but not when people were buying them at that price (ATH).

Who knows how high; ICX, VEN, NEO, XMR will go?  Are people who buy them at ATH stupid?  I don't think so.

If I believe on a coin, I don't care if it just pumped x10, if I think (and yes I could be mistaken) it will go up more I will buy it.  For me, it happened with XMR, NEO, EMC2, VEN, ICX, PRL, WTC etc.  Not all are success stories, I have my fails but all in all...I am way ahead and who knows, one of them might follow the path of BTC or ETH. Wink

RANT over.

it depends on the current market where you bought it. we cant tell the future but we can assume where your coin is likely to be after years of hodling. for me, i always check indicators in the chart to know whether it is overprice or underpriced. check facts.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 09:04:11 PM

Experience is indeed the best teacher and we wont really reach up to be a professional if we wont able to pass up on this situation.Even myself do commit lots of mistake when im just starting
and now even on this situation i cant still consider myself to be a professional or profitable one but atleast you can still hang on with this very volatile market.
Its part of the process and that is to fail. If you'll never fail, you'll never gain lessons.

I won't even call myself as a professional, I want to be part of those people that wants to keep on learning from the experts and professionals in the market. There's nothing wrong with it if you want to thrive with crypto's. From being an inexperience to experienced. And I'm hanging on to crypto market because I'm basing on those experiences and what I believe.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 09:21:10 PM

If the team is continually researching and developing its never a bad time to get in. The moment you see a pull back or lack of updates is when you should start taking profits (or cutting losses).
That's true it is okay to buy a coin even you late to invest if you already know and confident that project could develop more. But we dont know when a coins would be expensive because the trend is unstable, so invest only that were sure we can earn.
If everyone knew when to buy, and when to sell, everyone would be millionaires. It will not be so, there must be a balance. True, when in 2010 bitcoin cost 2 pizzas, even now after a big fall of 6500. So everything is relative.
Of course, you can bring up many situations and give their examples to those users who today are outraged because of the poor state of the market and because of low prices for cryptocurrency. Indeed, Bitcoin in 2010 costs almost a penny like this, but you also need to take into account the fact that many users buy Bitcoin at the end of 2017, but it will be a disaster today.
CryptoGuro1

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

“The Protocol for the Audience Economy”

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 01:59:54 PM

Everything becomes expensive when you think it yourself- Why would I buy bitcoin at 10 dollars when it was 5 dollars 1 month ago. This was the thinking of people years ago in this space

M E D I A   『 https://www.mediaprotocol.org/ 』
P R O T O C O L   ────   ICO: Buy MEDIA Tokens
devinks

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 09:29:58 PM

no one knows for sure that even a coin expert. the price and future of coins is very difficult to predict, we can only follow the rules here. usually at the end of the year coins will rise and become expensive, but not this year. everything is very confusing in my opinion.
Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 09:44:37 PM

Very often, people try to evaluate price of coin based on its total supply and compare technical parameters to similar projects that are already traded on exchanges. Unfortunately, it is not always successful, because in every project there are different people who stand behind and have different marketing methods. In other words, for the price of the coin to be high, it must have good developers team.

iqrasalsabila

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 04:21:13 AM

I think the price movements of altcoin are things that need to be considered, because the price of Altcoin is influenced by the global market, and it can be a reference for buying & selling. But beware of prices that will change. You can monitor prices on various available cryptocurrency sites. And don't forget to analyze first and be careful in investing and trading. invest in a reasonable place and choose an altcoin that has long been established because it has long-term opportunities in the future
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 04:56:46 AM

Of course we are really waiting for the price of coins to be expensive, and unfortunately the current market conditions are very bad because most coins and tokens drop more than 75% so I will wait and hope the market will recover soon.
Everything is falling and the number of investors in the market is very low compared to last year. I think if there is not much news, this market will become more chaotic and people will tend to sell more. All must be stopped to welcome new growth in 2019 as this is a great year for people to invest
Actually market conditions have changed since the beginning of the year, the issue has changed should make the market more crowded. I admit that marketcaps are very much down compared to 2017, and it takes time to make marketcaps rise again, of course by making investors trust the market again
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 06:07:34 AM

Yeah, they are stupid, indeed, they are damn stupid. If someone wants to invest in a coin, bullish market is not yhe best time, because, some people have bought btc at bullish market with the ATH. They should think that BTC was $10k back in two weeks ago if they know how to invest.
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 07:26:56 AM

buying coins in the top position on coinmarketcap is an option even though in your opinion it's too expensive.
how do the holders and traders keep buying it? because they are confident of the growth that will occur in the coins they buy.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 01:47:44 PM

It is difficult to know when ICOs will fail or succeed. Just look at how much tezos earned in their ICO and you will see it is a complete failure. On the other hand, buying NEO would have very profitable. If you're aim is long term with high gains, then just buy and hodl and see what happens in 12 months

pant-79

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 04:57:08 PM

People tend to repeat behavior behind others. When, in December 2017, the price of cryptocurrency began to grow rapidly (primarily due to manipulations), most people, prone to fear of missing the opportunity to get rich, began to repeat one after another and buy cryptocurrencies, which led to a huge increase in prices of cryptocurrency.
Do you think all these people bought crypto currencies just because of a competent calculation and faith? I think no.
Of course now we can tell them that everything will be fine. But only those of them who didn't sit idly will be really good. It will be good for those who stopped simply hoping and believing and began to look for ways to make money.
I also like you believe that everything will be fine, but I don't confine myself to faith. My faith is supported by real actions. For the whole year I constantly traded, in order to minimize losses and from a person losing profit every day I turned into a daily earning person.
A coin is too expensive (inflated)  when its price is artificially driven upwards, which doesn't correspond to real market interest.
trobbert

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 08:38:40 PM

You are right, there is no need to talk about price, but you have to mention that at the time of btc and neo crypto wasn't so popular and there were not too much coins around crypto. Now we compare capitalisation with competitors
Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 11:43:13 PM

If you really want to make profit then don't invest in coin which is already pumped and on peak. Investing in pumped coin is like taking ride on the burning train which can give you huge losses. If you really trust any coin then wait for price to get but lower than take your entry.

victoria444
Copper Member

Activity: 258
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:07:51 AM

A coin being expensive can't be known yet or ascertained, but coins like ledu at current price is considered cheap
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: